Remains found in Big Spring #2 - Strong Speculation this may be Hailey

Status
Not open for further replies.
that link upstream that was just posted also said that the remains were to come by helicopter and they had not arrived yet because of bad weather...

Not a big deal, but we aren't having any bad weather and neither is there bad weather West of here. Yesterday was okay too. fwiw

KTXS has learned Hailey's father, Clint Dunn, is currently working on an off-shore oil rig and was unable to make it back to the area this week. Clint Dunn is expected to return next week, though. His family, including wife Naomi and their baby daughter, are living in San Antonio at this time.

http://www.ktxs.com/big_country_news/30738935/detail.html

This may be his baby girl and he can't get off an oil rig? The price we are paying for gas, the oil company can get him to Big Springs. Anyone know the name of the oil company? I have no trouble making a phone call to them and reminding them of compassion.

This may be his baby girl and he can't get off an oil rig? The price we are paying for gas, the oil company can get him to Big Springs. Anyone know the name of the oil company? I have no trouble making a phone call to them and reminding them of compassion.

I read that the company has a helicopter on call waiting until they know if HD is identified and if it is her they will fly him out immediately.

was there a blanket in the bag? tia I musta missed that

I read blanket....some say sheet....try to find a link
Victim was wrapped up and then put into trash bag.
Back a couple of threads..........when news first broke.

I agree. The article didn't mention which company, but here in San Antonio, one of the largest is Valero. Their headquarters are here.

Tesoro is also headquartered here. Since Clint and family are based here, it might be one of those companies.

I read blanket....some say sheet....try to find a link
Victim was wrapped up and then put into trash bag.
Back a couple of threads..........when news first broke.

no problem passion, I can look back thru and find it... I was out doing yard work when the news broke.. so I missed the initial links and things...

If there is a blanket with the remains & it came from the house, it blows up the story about her walking to her dad's. She wouldn't have had a blanket with her. Unless it had just been washed or was new, a blanket would be full of evidence - hairs, carpet fibers, maybe DNA or blood. I am hoping it was a blanket & not a sheet.

KTXS has learned Hailey's father, Clint Dunn, is currently working on an off-shore oil rig and was unable to make it back to the area this week. Clint Dunn is expected to return next week, though.

His family, including wife Naomi and their baby daughter, are living in San Antonio at this time.

http://www.ktxs.com/big_country_news/30738935/detail.html

According to Clint Dunn's mother, Connie Jones, he is currently living in Snyder and working for an oil company based in Big Spring.

Contrary to reports from other local media outlets stating Clint Dunn is currently working on an offshore oil rig, Jones told BigCountryHomePage.com that she saw him drive past her house on Thursday morning.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=480912

According to Clint Dunn's mother, Connie Jones, he is currently living in Snyder and working for an oil company based in Big Spring.

Contrary to reports from other local media outlets stating Clint Dunn is currently working on an offshore oil rig, Jones told BigCountryHomePage.com that she saw him drive past her house on Thursday morning.

According to his mother he isnt with Naomi either..

According to his mother he isnt with Naomi either..

This seems as though she only knows he is in town if she happens to see him drive by?

I thought the same thing Clu. Poor Connie, what's up with that?

Forensic anthropologist William Stevens says the amount of time it could take for a positive identification to be made on the body found in Big Spring depends on the condition of the remains.

"If a body is mummified like that usually I think we'd rely more on X-rays to look at growth and development to predict the age of a person. Positive ID would depend entirely on what is available for the suspective person, you know, X-rays or dental records which tend to be the easier route," Stevens said.

When asked the amount of time he would expect for a positive identification to be made, he replied, "Depending on the availability of records and anti-mortem X-rays and dental records, it can be done in less than a week."

Stevens also surmised what would be left after a long period of time has passed, based on the environment in which the remains were found.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext?nxd_id=480932

Oh I hope it's soon .my stomach is in knots can't imagine what the family must be feeling

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

My biggest concern is dental records. Are there any available? We must think family history here. Would pictures at certain developmental changes work?

This comment is slightly off-topic, but also on topic. I fail to understand the mentality so prevalent today among women that they "must" have a man in their life. So many women take up with men without taking any time to consider what type of person this man is, to learn about his character, etc. That is a sorry thing when it involves only the woman because it makes one wonder why these women don't think more of themselves. But, it is inexcusable when children are involved.

IMO BD placed having a man in her life ahead of everything - including the emotional and physical needs and safety of her minor children. That she continued to have anything to do with him after even one iota of suspicion fell on SA makes HD's disappearance an even more monstrous tragedy. BD appeared to care so little for HD in life, and even less after her disappearance. I wish all women would wake-up and be very choosey about the men they allow into their lives. If BD had been more choosy HD might still be alive today. JMHO

bbm
Wow, Kateyes -- You are totally on target! Let me say first that I am fortunate that I have had a good DH for over 30 years and counting, and that is more rare than it should be.
icon9.gif

Nevertheless.... I can remember a couple of my mother's friends who were that way -- they had had a good DH for a number of years, lost him to death, and almost immediately were in search of another one. And I have seen a couple of women co-workers who have done the same thing, mainly due to divorce, and they are now strapped with something they wish they did not have.... It's like they can't take a breath unless the man brings it to them....On the other hand, a couple of friends & co-workers have found very fine men for a second or third go-round. And when it is a bad match, the children DO pay a big price, knowing they should like this man, but also knowing he is not "Daddy," and wondering what they are doing wrong.

Yes, as Flannery O'Connor wrote, "A good man is hard to find," but "haste makes waste." Two little sayings that make sense here. And often the ones who made bad choices don't want to admit to the world, and certainly not themselves, that they have made a mistake. <shaking my head> I earnestly hope that I will never feel that way -- there are some things worse than loneliness.

(I hope this doesn't sound too holier-than-thou, but it is something I have seen, and it hurts me so see it for all people in that situation... )

And who knows what this choice means (meant) for Hailey...
icon8.gif

why are they going to Terrant co?

strange

It's Tarrant Co, which is Ft. Worth, where they have a forensic anthropologist. Closer than Dallas, where they send most bodies for autopsy in my area.

A poster stated earlier that her missing info showed that dental records might not be available, in which case...this may take longer.

I think LE MUST know...especially if it is true that some items were found as well. Please don't stretch this out any longer than necessary :( Some of us have been waiting since Dec. 28, 2010 just as though we were family...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam