17-yo Teen Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Zimmerman had murdered a white boy, he'd be under the jail right now. People can preach to the choir all day long about how this isn't a racial issue but sadly it is because Zimmerman made it a racial issue when he described Trayvon as a "*advertiser censored***** coon." If you want to blame someone for turning it into a racial issue, the blame clearly lies with Zimmerman.

~jmo~

I really think we can abandon the thought that some had that he had used that term. Considering:

1. That language is COMPLETELY out of character for the rest of his discussion with the dispatcher. There are no other derogatory or inflammatory remarks in the tape about Trayvon, or use of the F word. I don't think young hispanic men use the term coon. Ever.

2. No one uses that term anymore. There are racial slurs that can be used by those who act like that, but coon isn't one of them.

3. It's too grainy for anyone to agree that's what was said. Although MSM put their best effort into proving it, they sadly had to keep saying that no concensus could be reached.

I'm talking about the photos of TM that are in the media that were taken years ago and his track record: stealing woman's jewelry, Pot and Mary jane pipe at school, writing Grafitti on school property, carrying a screw driver around at school, being suspended three times from school etc.

They want him portrayed as someone who could do no wrong while they portray GZ another way.

Don't you find it odd that for a kid with a pipe and alleged pot baggie, he had no drugs in his system at autopsy? It's detectable in your system for at least a month after use.

I don't really need to believe TM was a perfect kid to believe that he is a victim here - JMO.

BBM

And we've heard ad nauseum what any reasonable person would have done in Zimmerman's situation. And in this instance, any reasonable person would not have stood around after feeling compelled to run from an individual they perceived to be aggressively following them.

You can't really have it both ways.

I think what black leaders are trying to tell everyone is that if you are black and you run there is a perception that you have done something wrong. GZ already had the perception before TM "ran" (even though TM's gf said he told her he was walking fast which could account for him ending up where he did). GZ tagged him as a suspect, who appeared to be on drugs, who was checking him out, reaching in his waistband, was running toward the back gate (because he is aware they always get away). Maybe those other calls he made about suspicious persons getting away were not head for the back gate but went into a home of someone they were visiting.

If TM did tell his gf he was scared I imagine he was looking for a place of refuge, someone he knew or just someone who happened to be visible through their back door, or another black family, anyone. Nothing is worse than to have someone follow you and you have no idea what they are up or where they are once you "lost them" because you are completely isolated. Most people would be looking for a place to hide and hope they had lost them.

GZ was worried about giving out his address because he didn't know who this kid was, yet wouldn't that also apply to TM. It's quite possible TM did not want GZ to know where he was going because both boys were alone that night. GZ always had the upper hand because he knew what he was doing, knew LE was on the way and knew he had given LE directions that TM was headed toward the back gate (because they always get away through the back) TM's exit was cut off if he was headed to the back gate. So what was GZ's motive to follow. Maybe GZ felt if he followed, TM would run straight to the back and right into a patrol car waiting at the back so he could say....this one didn't get away because of me. We just don't know. But if we piece together everything GZ has said and done there is a reason why TM is dead. GZ on a mission, TM just suspended from school with possible authority issues....mix them together and we have a deadend result. Now take GZ with his issues, passionate desire to be a police office, studies so far for Criminal Justice, advice from LE, knowledge of what his limitations were in confronting a suspect under their civilian watch program, add them all up. This never should have happened. GZ knew better. He had no idea if TM was armed. Strange, too, that GZ never presented that possibility because we know if he had LE would have told him to stay with his car and meet the patrol car at the front gate. GZ always had the advantage up to the confrontation for which he was fully responsible for from the time he called 911. jmo

I haven't read about a pipe, link?

The Miami Herald claims that in October, he was caught with a 'burglary tool' - a flathead screwdriver - and 12 pieces of women's jewellery. Martin insisted that they did not belong to him.

Earlier, he had been suspended for skipping school and showing up late to class. And most recently, in February, he was suspended again when officials found a 'marijuana pipe' and an empty baggie with traces of the drug.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...times-caught-burglary-tool.html#ixzz1qQFbUmJl

I am 95% certain she did, as she claims she did in the interviews, and certain events in the 911 call align with what she said happened.

http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigation/911/call6.wav

I am pretty sure that's her also (unless there is another 911 caller with roommate named the same as hers) but she doesn't give any of the details that she gave in her interviews (such as she heard crying, she saw Zimmerman standing/kneeling on top of Trayvon) so I am not sure how well her 911 calls aligns with her interviews.

Don't you find it odd that for a kid with a pipe and alleged pot baggie, he had no drugs in his system at autopsy? It's detectable in your system for at least a month after use.

I don't really need to believe TM was a perfect kid to believe that he is a victim here - JMO.

That was last October.

Yes, I believe it's on the police website

Thanks, do you know if she is one of the early witnesses that claimed police tried to sway a change of statement? More than one witness claimed this early on in the case.

I really think we can abandon the thought that some had that he had used that term. Considering:

1. That language is COMPLETELY out of character for the rest of his discussion with the dispatcher. There are no other derogatory or inflammatory remarks in the tape about Trayvon, or use of the F word. I don't think young hispanic men use the term coon. Ever.

2. No one uses that term anymore. There are racial slurs that can be used by those who act like that, but coon isn't one of them.

3. It's too grainy for anyone to agree that's what was said. Although MSM put their best effort into proving it, they sadly had to keep saying that no concensus could be reached.

Respectfully, just how many young hispanic men do you know, and have you surveyed them? :)

I'd say "these @ss****s" is hardly a term of endearment, regardless of the target and the race/ethnic group of the speaker.

He is the victim

The Miami Herald claims that in October, he was caught with a 'burglary tool' - a flathead screwdriver - and 12 pieces of women's jewellery. Martin insisted that they did not belong to him.

Earlier, he had been suspended for skipping school and showing up late to class. And most recently, in February, he was suspended again when officials found a 'marijuana pipe' and an empty baggie with traces of the drug.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...times-caught-burglary-tool.html#ixzz1qQFbUmJl

Was he charged for these crimes? Was he charged with having a burglary tool? Was he charged with having the jewelry? Was he charged with having the marijuana and the pipe?

~jmo~

Once again, the statements that the parents brought in, pulled in, called in Al Sharpton. Could you please provide a link that this is, in fact, what happened? Otherwise, it's your speculation and should be noted as such.

I don't always agree with Rev. Sharpton, but at least he hasn't gunned anyone down.

Do you have a link that says that Al Sharpton just showd up with nobody getting him involved? Was he looking for a case to rally behind?
NO he was not.

His parents had not gotten any answers about this case and wanted some, can’t say They do not have a right to answers. THEY DO.
While IMO the police did a sloppy, negligent job.
IT is not a racial case. - there were 8 robberies done by black people and GZ was overzealous, not a racist.

EVERYTHING here that is not backed up by a document is only an opinion, including by the Media it is still only an opinion.
and that incudes mine and your posts too.

I'm making every effort to not assume anything. Are you under the impression that I think the vehicle shown on Google is Zimmerman's? That's funny, LOL

I don't know or care exactly where Zimmerman parked his truck. He supposedly got out of it when the boy started running and says he headed back after he lost sight of him. There's only one place in this 600' travel path of Trayvon's with a 90 degree turn for Zimmerman to lose sight of him. It's a straight, 400', unemcumbered line of sight from the clubhouse to the 90 degree sidewalk turn and another 200' line, straight as a string, to Trayvon's back door.

If Zimmerman did, in fact, turn to return to his vehicle AFTER he lost sight of the boy as he stated, he would have been headed east to west towards the street. The body was in the opposite direction.
LOL, no. That was just a convenient landmark. He says that he's parked at the cut-through, past the mailboxes, which is approximately where that truck is. He also says that Martin went "down" towards the back entrance, which leads me to believe that he actually made the turn down the straightaway, and that's where Zimmerman lost him.

If you listen to the tapes, it sounds like he got out of his car at first when he said "he's running", and then the dispatcher tells him "We don't need you to do that". He sounds a little shaky while he's following, but it clears up after he says "okay". The dispatcher might have actually given him a reality check, and Zimmerman halted midway in his pursuit. He doesn't sound nearly as jostled at that point, especially when he's giving out his phone number.

This should put the time around 7:11-7:12 when he apparently lost Martin down the sidewalk.

JMO

I have a flathead and other screwdrivers in my car along with a few flashlights. I guess I'm a criminal too and maybe should be dead.

That was last October.

I know LambChop. :) I just can't tell you how many posts I've read here and on other sites that infer Trayvon was a chronic pothead, as though that somehow justified shooting him.

Tox tests aren't back yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member