New website for Lisa

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't googled it myself. Is this STILL the case? If so, again, please explain the real purpose of this website.

YES-- 10 pages just now on google @ "find lisa irwin" and no correct hit

guess it's more important to post insults towards us here @ WS then make the website visible/search-able/seen :(

Well, this is interesting..

Crime Stoppers pays rewards only for anonymous tips. Tipsters who identify themselves are not eligible for a reward.

They may want to add that when the person phones them...to not tell Crime Stoppers your name. That makes writing the check real interesting..

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Of course, MAYBE if LE had taken his call seriously at the time they had him on the phone, Caylee's body might have been found sooner?

And likewise with Lisa Irwin. It seems that LE should be able to "transfer" a caller directly to a Crime Stopper line if that is where they want ALL tips to go.

Speaking of links to Crime Stopper, is it possible to label an online link as anything you want the reader to THINK it is but then program an entirely different web address?

The link takes you to KC Crimestoppers, so why do you ask?

Why in the world would LE want you to call Crime Stoppers when you find a body? Why would anyone WANT to call Crime Stoppers unless you are afraid of being arrested yourself?

One intelligent reason would be someone who wanted to help but feared retaliation. This is scrapping the bottom of the barrel.

The link takes you to KC Crimestoppers, so why do you ask?

I ask because I wanted to know if this is possible to do. If it is, I wonder how many people with true and pertinent information might hesitate to use a link on a website, especially one they feel is a biased website.

One intelligent reason would be someone who wanted to help but feared retaliation. This is scrapping the bottom of the barrel.

Anyone truly fearing retaliation could certainly call Crimestoppers instead, but why would you force EVERYONE to because of those few??

So now we are going to argue over Crime Stoppers! I did a little research...don't like em. We don't have to worry about anyone calling them about Lisa anyway...IMO...since the website is not very accessible and is only for those who TRULY believe Lisa is alive.

Well, this is interesting..

Crime Stoppers pays rewards only for anonymous tips. Tipsters who identify themselves are not eligible for a reward.

They may want to add that when the person phones them...to not tell Crime Stoppers your name. That makes writing the check real interesting..

Oh, for Pete's sake! Then how the heck do they cut them a check? LOL - make it out to Mr. or Mrs. Anonymous?

Oh, for Pete's sake! Then how the heck do they cut them a check? LOL - make it out to Mr. or Mrs. Anonymous?

<modsnip>. Each person is given a code when they give their tip.

When the caller phones back he or she is told to be at a certain drive-thru bank at a specific time on the next day where they must send in to tellers coded information given to them by the coordinator. As long as the information is correct, the cash reward is sent out to the caller and they simply drive away, their identity still unknown to Crime Stoppers.

http://kccrimestoppers.com/

Isn't that exactly what Roy Kronk was told to do when he called LE first?

iirc, he was only told to call the TIPS number during one of the three calls... and not the first time he called... transcripts are out there if you need to verify this.

Why it is being brought up is the question I have.

Are you referring to the discussion of Crimestoppers specifically? If so, go back several pages where it was pointed out that the 'new' OFFICIAL Find Lisa Irwin website gives a link for people to contact Crimestoppers with tips and leads. It was brought up because it is on the website, the topic of this thread.

YES-- 10 pages just now on google @ "find lisa irwin" and no correct hit

guess it's more important to post insults towards us here @ WS then make the website visible/search-able/seen :(

Showing up on first page of Google now.

What did you search for? I still didn't get the link with the search "lisa irwin", I went through the first ten pages of results.

Did you get this from Cityslick's post, or because you saw something on the website saying this?

Not to speak for OneLove but I think it's more about what is NOT seen on the website. There is not a single word about organizing ground searches or giving LE tips about potential areas that should be searched or putting up fundraisers to collect money for future volunteer ground searches or donating to search organizations like TES (or whatever is equivalent in the KC area) that could find the remains of a kidnapped-and-murdered baby, no links to any such organizations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix