17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just going to let it all out... I was a bartender in a strip club for 11 years. "Illegal parties" are when they take bouncers/security to houses/hotels/ etc... for nude shows.

brown chicken, brown cow!

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Do we have any of those..........ahem............exotic dancing bananas??

:Banane41::Banane23::Banane54::Banane12:

I dont think it should matter. Plus, the HOA probably has some sort of insurance...

Thanks. I was worried about those posts saying that witness's could be influenced by possible lawsuits and decide to alter their testimony.

Man, I really hope we get "something official" tomorrow. The new special prosecutor and her team have been there now for a full week - tomorrow.

We aren't talking about a long drawn out crime here. We know this all took place in a matter of minutes - seconds really. So how long would an investigation take?

They gotta throw us a bone. People are getting tired of waiting.

JMHO

I wondering what else will leak tomorrow, we're getting some info but in bits, and it makes me wonder if they are doing it to make it easier on themselves to have us see it a little at a time. All the mistakes and whatnot coming out all at once may enrage the public even more. :waitasec:

They have changed the law so much I'd have to check but this use to be the law when in your vehicle. Then it was it had to be in the trunk. So like I said I have to see what the law is today when in your vehicle.
That might be if you don't have a carry license, which Zimmerman had. As far as I know, when you have a carry license you don't have to do anything special when it's in your vehicle. If you did not, you would most likely have to have it in a certain location prescribed by law.

Do you think a court would really award punitive damages against the HOA for the reckless actions of one person the other members didn't have any control of?
Yep - sure do. Especially since they (the HOA) recognized GZ publicly as their NW Captain and even posted online that if a resident couldn't get a hold of LE that they could just call good ole' George.

Yep - sure do!!!

If it were my 13 year old, I'd disappear. I would not cooperate with the investigation at all. He was very impressionable, and should have been interviewed in a child advocacy setting IMO...
It took them 8 days to come get a statement from him.

Do you think a court would really award punitive damages against the HOA for the reckless actions of one person the other members didn't have any control of?

They did have control though. They had meetings, they were aware of his behavior, and they chose to "appoint" him without vetting his background or determining whether or not his patrols would be armed.

Yep - sure do. Especially since they (the HOA) recognized GZ publicly as their NW Captain and even posted online that if a resident couldn't get a hold of LE that they could just call good ole' George.

Yep - sure do!!!

Did they post anytime they could not call him?

They have changed the law so much I'd have to check but this use to be the law when in your vehicle. Then it was it had to be in the trunk. So like I said I have to see what the law is today when in your vehicle.

The law in Florida is that you can carry a loaded gun in your car if it is in a "box" without a license. A glove "box" qualifies.

No reason for someone with a license to carry to put it there.

Yep - sure do!!!

BTW, does anyone have a link to the newsletter? TIA

The law in Florida is that you can carry a loaded gun in your car if it is in a "box" without a license. A glove "box" qualifies.

Loaded?

Does it have to be locked?

They did have control though. They had meetings, they were aware of his behavior, and they chose to "appoint" him without vetting his background or determining whether or not his patrols would be armed.

Also, in the 911 transcripts, he calls the non-emergency line the night he was appointed Neighborhood Watch Captain. Sept. 23rd, 2011, I believe was the date? He called to tell them!

But then why nothing for 7 years?

Maybe "daddy" magistrate was bailing him out of problems. Like it sure looks like dad almost had him bailed out of cold bloodied murder here. IMO

Does it have to be locked?
No, just latched.

ETA:

790.25 Lawful Ownership, Possession, and Use of Firearms and Other Weapons
(5) POSSESSION IN PRIVATE CONVEYANCE. Notwithstanding subsection (2), it is lawful
and is not a violation of s. 790.01 for a person 18 years of age or older to possess a concealed firearm or other weapon for selfdefense or other lawful purpose within the interior of a private conveyance, without a license, if the firearm or other weapon is securely encased or is otherwise not readily accessible for immediate use. Nothing herein contained prohibits the carrying of a legal firearm other than a handgun anywhere in a private conveyance when such firearm is being carried for a lawful use. Nothing herein contained shall be construed to authorize the carrying of a concealed firearm or other weapon on the person. This subsection shall be liberally construed
in favor of the lawful use, ownership, and possession of firearms and other weapons, including lawful selfdefense as provided in s. 776.012.

790.001 Definitions. As used in this chapter, except where the context otherwise requires:
(17) "Securely encased" means in a glove compartment, whether or not locked; snapped in a holster; in a gun case, whether or not locked; in a zippered gun case; or in a closed box or container which requires a lid or cover to be opened for access.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆