Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #5 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two weeks today. I cannot even imagine how her mother is getting through each day. Agonizing. I am really hoping the handcuff box and the used condoms have nothing to do with Sierra. It just sickens me to think that it might and what she is enduring. :(

The box is a very odd find, granted. I will be surprised if it is involved in this case, or if LE can even determine whether or not it is. Unless Sierra touched it, they may never know. The only piece of luck would be a perp with fingerprints/DNA in the system and also on the box. It has to be very frustrating to make such finds and have no way of knowing if they will turn out to be of value and waiting, waiting to hear. In the meantime, searching must go on. But I fear that Sierra is far away from the search area. They are doing a great job of "clearing" the immediate area, but what comes next? If nothing more is found by Sunday, I fear this case will enter the "searching based on tips only" stage, like so many others. JMO

BBM
Reminds me so much of what took place in Holly Bobo's case - all the searching around the immediate area of her home and all they found was her cell phone and lunch box... and now just days away from the 1-year anniversary.
Link to Holly's
TN TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #32 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Okay. I do believe that you mean that the condoms and handcuff box were found at the end of PALM RD.

As per MSM, the handuff box and condoms were found at the end of Palm Rd. Here is a screenshot from my map linked last night.

This is a screenshot of the Palm Road Dead End., west of Saint Theresa, where it has been listed as the items found.

Is this correct then?

2 Locations.

House/Buildings Searched - 236 Scheller (3rd St.)

Handcuff Box and 2 Condoms Located - Dead End of Palm Rd.

Dead End of Palm Road:

<Modsnipped Picture - Blown Margins>

I hope that area on the hill above the dead end was searched. She could have been handcuffed and made to walk up there.

If someone went to the trouble to use condoms to prevent their DNA from revealing their identity, then why would they leave those behind in the open? It would be very easy to throw them in a bag and toss in the nearest wastebasket.

I hope that area on the hill above the dead end was searched. She could have been handcuffed and made to walk up there.

I have a hard time believing she walked anywhere... especially since we have not heard anyone come out and say that they saw her walking that morning.... I dont think any perps would be stupid enough to make her walk anywhere handcuffed, in daylight.... JMO moo

In regards to the box/condoms I highly doubt this is connected. I guess its possible the perp(s) had handcuffs and used condoms and then put them in the box and forgot the box. But I doubt that is the case. And why wasn't this box found earlier?

Im thinking either a STUPID prank, or someone trying to frame someone. (I just dont know where you get used condomS).

Did they say they were actually used? I don't recall. I don't think they would know unless they have already done forensics on them.

Investigators have confirmed that today volunteers with the Klaas Kids organization found an empty handcuff box at the end of Palm Avenue.

The box did not have handcuffs inside, but they did find at least two used condoms in the box.

Officials are collecting evidence and are sending it off to a crime lab to be analyzed.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/New-Clues-in-LaMar-Case-145011975.html

This is totally false reporting. They don't know if they were used until they get the results back from the crime lab. If it is a prank (which I don't think it is) then they could have just been opened and thrown out there.

This is totally false reporting. They don't know if they were used until they get the results back from the crime lab. If it is a prank (which I don't think it is) then they could have just been opened and thrown out there.

Ummmm.....it is entirely possible to see if it was used before any crime lab results come back, imo. Unless of course someone staged it to look used.

If these items are connected to Sierra's case then used condoms might provide a genetic profile of the offender and they can be analzyed to determine if they also have Sierra's DNA on them too. JMHO

If they are connected. LE could possibly have a little piece of Mr. Perp that would nail his feet to the floor in a courtroom. So to speak.

Just checking in! I'll be back for sure on Tuesday of next week to read and catch up! :)

I had wondered if her bag was planted after her disappearance also. MOO

If the handcuff box and used condoms are connected to Sierra's disappearance, it could be that her abductor is telling the story of what happened to her by leaving these items in the sequence that he left them.

First, he abducts her,and quickly isolates her by tossing out her phone. Then her bag is found with her clothing inside, including her underwear. And possibly has urine on the clothing. Now the used condoms.

Can we be absolutely sure that Sierra was in his vehicle when he tossed her phone ?

If this is what he is doing, it surely has to be someone brazen and capable of fooling LE. Someone who is very familiar with that cul de sac, and the immediate area... MOO

Sometimes these guys get off on the media attention.

I don't think that is the case here though.

ITA. In my experience, a used condom contains fluid, while an unused condom does not. JMO.

I guess I would expect them to say 'condoms that contained fluid'. Or condoms that 'appear to be used'. JMO :)

Because that is really stupid to leave used condoms out in the open. I imagine there would be fingerprints as well. I see it being difficult to rig up a condom with gloves on :) Hopefully the rain would not compromise the evidence.

They did say used condoms.

"Used condoms and an empty handcuff box were found Thursday by a volunteer searcher at the west end of Palm Avenue, about a mile from missing teen Sierra LaMar&#8217;s bus stop in Morgan Hill, though Santa Clara County Sheriff Laurie Smith said Thursday night that &#8220;it&#8217;s possibly nothing.&#8221;"

(snipped, bolding mine)

Thank you. This quote supports my contention that this info was leaked and therefore LE had to respond to it.

Welcome to WS, good to have you here posting with us on this case! :-D

Also, to add to thread discussion just above, a used condom might not contain fluid anymore but it is not in a package (fwiw).

(snipped, bolding mine)

Thank you. This quote supports my contention that this info was leaked and therefore LE had to respond to it.

Also, a used condom might not contain fluid anymore but it is not in a package (fwiw).

I just think it's better practice to say 'they appear to be' or something like that, then actually committing to the public that they were used. Not sure why this is bothering me lol ::doh::

I just think it's better practice to say 'they appear to be' or something like that, then actually committing to the public that they were used. Not sure why this is bothering me lol ::doh::

I know what you mean! <g>

I guess my expectations of what the media prints are, well, not held to a very high standard anymore. Inaccuracies abound!

Take, for example, my link last night about the house on Scheller. It was pointed-out to me that this was old news but the article I linked was dated yesterday. Another kind poster pointed-out that the links it contained went to older articles (I hadn't checked); but as I am sure we are all aware, the media will often run with a new development in the story opening then fill the rest of the article with exactly the same words/paragraphs used in older articles.

~jmo~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member