FL 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully, that is *not* how the system works. If they have assigned guilt to GZ before the trial begins, they will not be on the jury.
How does one vet for this, though? Do you ask the people that want to see him get convicted, and hope they're honest?

If GZ was black would we be even seeing this story? Would Sharpton be involved? I bet not.

If the SPD treated George's parents the way they have treated the Martins, then yes, we would be seeing this story because the Zimmermans would have had to hold a press conference in an attempt to get answers. Can't answer the Shartpon question.

A couple things.
Why didn't the gf try to make contact with tm after they were disconnected?
Why didn't the police try calling someone on his phone to find out who he was?

IMO GZ had no choice if TM was trying to get his gun,we still do not have all the facts.There has to be something that police saw that made them feel GZ should not be arrested.IMO Just because TM was 17 does not mean he was not the aggressor or that he did not go for GZ gun.Only 2 know and 1 is dead,if no one saw the very beginning who made it confrontational.IMO Who ever started the physical fight is the one who was the aggressor.

True, but it really angers me that these guys like Sharpton act all outraged and surprised that anyone might feel nervous about a 6 ft tall black teen wearing a hoodie and walking in the neighborhood. They act like it is a total racist reaction to have some nervousness. And that is disingenuous at best, imo. Even Jackson himself has said he is relieved to see that it is a white man not a black man walking behind him at night.

Why don't they admit that 90% of the black males shot are shot by other black males? If they want to riot about this kids death then maybe they should also deal with the REASON this watchman was suspicious,imo.

He could have been suspicious without shooting Trayvon. MOO.

If George wants to prove he had a broken nose, his attorney should release medical records today. Only Zimmerman knows if he really went to the doctor. I doubt it myself.

It is likely that there are no medical records.....there was no motivation a month ago for GZ to even attempt to "fake" his injuries if he had no real ones. He and his family believed that they had the slate wiped clean....he walked with no charges....the plug on any further investigation was pulled. LE was not even returning phone calls to witnesses who were trying their best to get information to them. Why spend the time and money to try to create a medical record when you are sure that you have "things taken care of" and the incident is over and done with.

jmo

Mod Note:

Let me make it very clear that Al Sharpton can attempt to incite all the riots he wants but he does not get a say here. We will NOT take that bait and will continue to post respectfully.

You guys can discuss it as related to Trayvon's case, but leave other matters and the history out of the discussion.

Pesonally, if Al Sharpton posted that crap here, he would be banned for inciting the masses.

Ain't gonna fly here so be careful how you choose your words if you want to discuss, please.

ETA: Same for Obama's remarks. If you guys really want to discuss that, it goes in the Political Pavillion.

Understood. I was just trying to defend my earlier remarks saying that I believe Sharpton is going to incite riots, and not 'peaceful' sit ins, as he claims.

We don't know what evidence there is. That's the point. Now another prosecutor is on the case and he still hasn't been arrested. If it was so evident, I don't see why it's taking this new investigation so long. There's clearly more to it than anyone outside of the investigation knows. Let justice run its course. They disagreed with the initial investigation, so they effectively got a second opinion. Now that second opinion is taking place. Let them work.

They have a whole different ballgame to work with then the original investigators. They have witnesses claiming police led them into saying things, they have to search records and interview police to figure out if they lied about anything or left out anything. They have a suspect with a lawyer now.

But, what about GZ makes you think he's a racist?
Besides the word that is inaudible that may or may not have been racist.

I'm not sure that there is any MSM information that could answer your legitimate question satisfactorily, but under the circumstances I submit the following 'walks like a duck, quacks like a duck' information:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...an-s-history-of-911-calls-a-complete-log.html

Quote:
"36. April 22, 2011 – 7:09 p.m.
Type: TEL
Subject: Suspicious activity
Report: Juvenile black male “apprx 7–9” years old, four feet tall “skinny build short blk hair” last seen wearing a blue t-shirt and blue shorts"

lol.......those words can be said about every politician/public persona known to man. :floorlaugh: That's a power thang not a race thang.

So you are ok with him standing up, advocating for someone, when he KNOWS they are lying?

I'm not.

ETA: it is a race thing when he only does it for one race against one other one.

It is likely that there are no medical records.....there was no motivation a month ago for GZ to even attempt to "fake" his injuries if he had no real ones. He and his family believed that they had the slate wiped clean....he walked with no charges....the plug on any further investigation was pulled. LE was not even returning phone calls to witnesses who were trying their best to get information to them. Why spend the time and money to try to create a medical record when you are sure that you have "things taken care of" and the incident is over and done with.

jmo

Too bad it's not working out quite like they had anticipated. Now, they are all turning on each other and it's gonna get ugly.

~jmo~

Or we could put it another way.....You do not have the right to chase someone down so that you have to shoot them. Maybe that will make sense to some.

I still wonder why the homocide detective felt it was not justified that very night?????? jmo

I'm behind quite a bit so sorry for any lack of continuity...

Because Wolfinger raced down to the station house (on a rainy, Sunday night) and told them it wasn't justified a mere few hours after the killing. Now, what I wonder about is why was he that personally involved.

According to what I've read, a voice analysis by the FBI will be coming out shortly. Personally, I think it sounds like a younger male. I've heard it many times on TV (doesn't make it so, but that's JMO)

I doubt if she will release this information, she has clamped down on the press altogether.

I'm behind quite a bit so sorry for any lack of continuity...

Because Wolfinger raced down to the station house (on a rainy, Sunday night) and told them it wasn't justified a mere few hours after the killing. Now, what I wonder about is why was he that personally involved.
Can you provide a reference for this, please? TIA

Got that backwards suzihawk. I did the same thing when I first read it.

He could have been suspicious without shooting Trayvon. MOO.

I agree. He should have never gotten out of his car. He should be arrested. I agree with all of that.

But I disagree with Sharpton and Jackson when they try and say that all of these problems are because of white racism. That is all I am trying to say. I think they need to take responsibility for the ongoing levels of violence in their neighborhoods which contribute to the 'racism' that they are complaining about.

It greatly affects my kids because they are half black. And they get looked at with suspicion in stores or on dark streets too. Not because they have done anything. And that is unfair. But I cannot simply blame 'whitey' for that. I have to also blame all of the black thugs who act out, stealin, carrying on, shooting automatic weapons and jacking cars. If they would stop all of that nonsense it would help tremendously.

They never come out when blacks are agains other blacks.
They never come out when they do not have one token white to attack.
They never come out when there is a realproblem....

I am not saying anyone framed GZ but it was a plum opportunity, :(
The al sharptons, Rev. Jacksons, Farrakhan make me sick are the racist deluxe of all time.
:moo::moo::moo:

This is not logical. It's like asking why a gay rights activist doesn't protest the killing of a gay person by another gay person, or why a disabled rights activist doesn't protest when a woman is discriminated against.

These are activists. They have their job description. They are concentrating on the things they are fighting for which is an end to racism and discrimination against, and civil rights for, black people.

Their individual tactics are up for debate but the reason they speak out when they do and not at other times, is clear.

Nevertheless, some of these activists do protest or speak out against issues that vary from racism/discrimination against blacks or civil rights:
The Rev. Al Sharpton stood on the porch of his headquarters in West Atlanta, decrying community violence and crime -- something he said too often is done by blacks against other blacks.

"We must be outraged when people who look like us, live with us and claim to be us, kill us," said Sharpton, who was accompanied by ministers, Nation of Islam organizers and Yamma Brown, an activist and daughter of Sharpton's mentor, the late James Brown.
People gathered in Atlanta and more than 20 other U.S. cities Monday as part of the National Day of Outrage, a nationwide call to end violence in urban communities. The events were spearheaded by Sharpton's National Action Network, a civil rights organization, and community leaders.
www.ajc.com/news/atlanta/sharpton-decries-black-on-211997.html
The Reverend Jesse Jackson Targets Schools in His New Crusade to Combat the Violence That Blacks Are Doing to Themselves

There is a new sense of urgency to Jackson's words. Though he has been traveling to America's classrooms for many years, he used to talk to kids about such issues as teenage pregnancy. Now it is what he calls black-on-black violence that concerns him—and with good reason. Half of all homicide victims in 1992 were black, and almost all of those were slain by other blacks. Murder is the leading cause of death for black males aged 15 to 24. Alarmed by such statistics, Jackson has stepped up his school visits in recent months and has made special trips to places where student violence has occurred. And in addition to his familiar "I am Somebody" chant, he has begun asking students to join him in a pledge to break "the code of silence" by turning in their peers who do drugs or carry guns. "You have the power right now not to kill somebody," he exhorts the students—still children, really—at Phelps. "Just because you were born in the slums does not mean the slum was born in you. You must change your mind."

Over and over, Jackson—who at 52 has the graying hair, gold half-glasses and impeccably tailored suits of an elder statesman—pounds this message home.
http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20107839,00.html

And I'm tired of all these guys being lumped together. Jackson and Sharpton are as far from the New Black Panther Party or Farrakhan as can be. The former have repeatedly decried violence, riots, etc., yet some persist in wanting to lump them in with the latter. That frustrates me:
The effort among some conservatives to exploit fringe group The New Black Panthers‘ insertion of themselves into the Trayvon Martin story hit another snag today, as Rev. Jesse Jackson, who has been among the leaders of protests over Trayvon’s killing, denounced the group’s distribution of “Wanted: Dead or Alive” leaflets for, and issuance of a $10,000 bounty for the capture of, Trayvon Martin shooter George Zimmerman.
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/rev-jesse-jackson-denounces-new-black-panther-bounty-on-george-zimmerman/
Sharpton urged the crowd at Thursday's rally to hold peaceful protests and be careful of their behavior. "We've held peaceful protests," Sharpton said. "The only violence that occurred was when Zimmerman shot Trayvon a month ago."
http://www.opposingviews.com/i/politics/heat-turned-arrest-trayvons-killer"
"I hope that this focus remains non-violent and discipline because we don't want to shift the attention away from the vigilante violence on Mr. Zimmerman to a reactive vigilantism and violence."

A couple things.
Why didn't the gf try to make contact with tm after they were disconnected?
Why didn't the police try calling someone on his phone to find out who he was?

The GF stated she did it went to voicemail. Don't know about the other. The father was given the phone back and he was able to contact the gf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekakay420