Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #5 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) Two condoms could indicate 2 perps or it could indicate 1 perp with, uh, repeating power.

I doubt they are connected. I think it much more likely that there's a couple or two couples in the area who are practising safe sex--good for them!

2) No way to know how long the box was out there without knowing exactly what type of search(es) were conducted previously and without forensics.

If it is connected, I would guess that the handcuffs came in the box and the perpetrator just threw the box on the ground after getting them out.

I highly doubt they're connected, though.

3) The condoms were not found in the box, they were found on the ground nearby.

4) Unless a reporter gets lucky, the only way to know the answer to this question is if LE releases the info. Or if LE puts up the yellow tape and the big evidence van rolls up in front of the ghods, the media and everyone.

In my view, the condoms are a good sign!

if in fact they do have any connection to Sierra.

The Handcuff box is a worry, but not necessarily a sign of the worst that may have happened.

I won't detail my thoughts because they are just an opinion.

The clothing being folded is a good sign as well!

IMO

LaMar, 15, was last seen around 6 a.m. on March 16, when she left her Morgan Hill home in Santa Clara County to attend classes at Sobrato High School. The sophomore never made it to the bus or school. Her mother learned LaMar was missing when she got a message from the school's automated attendance system at 6 p.m., police said.

BBM: Did I miss something? Who saw Sierra leave for school at 6am?

I tend not to take that too literally myself, it could have been poor wording on the part of the person relaying it. I would probably say something was "written" on a package as opposed to the more lengthy printed at time the box was manufactured or what have you.

Thank you.

This article says the box was "marked" handcuffs, then goes on to say:

The box, which was used to ship handcuffs by an unknown manufacturer, was empty,

MercuryNews

BBM: Did I miss something? Who saw Sierra leave for school at 6am?

No one that we know of. I think that is poor reporting. It should say that Sierra was last seen at 6 am before leaving her house. Period. Her mom saw her at 6. We have not heard of a witness coming forward to say they saw her leave the house.

The box was reported to be a packing box on which the word "handcuffs" was written, not a cuff manufacturer's box...correct?

Incorrect. It was a manufacturer's box. It was probably something like one of these:

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/HANDCUFFS-NICKLE-PLATED-DOUBLE-LOCK-2-KEYS-NEW-BOX-/00/s/NzY4WDEwMjQ=/$%28KGrHqYOKi4E5s-l87i%29BOj7U90Zc!~~60_57.JPG

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/HWC-Black-Finish-Steel-Handcuffs-one-key-box-designed-offical-police-use-/00/s/MTYwMFgxMjAw/$%28KGrHqJHJEoE88d-ioFgBPdMoHThkQ~~60_12.JPG

No one that we know of. I think that is poor reporting. It should say that Sierra was last seen at 6 am before leaving her house. Period. Her mom saw her at 6. We have not heard of a witness coming forward to say they saw her leave the house.

Thank you, that's what I thought, but sometimes things move fast and I miss a nugget of new info. You would think reporters would try a little harder to "get it done right" wouldn't you?

Moo is that "if" its accurate/true that the area the handcuffs and condoms were found HAD ALREADY BEEN SEARCHED 5TIMES PREVIOUS TO THESE 3ITEMS BEING LOCATED..IF THAT'S TRUE MOO IS THEY ARE VERY LIKELY NOT CONNECTED.. and were not there when the 5previous searches were done.. 1..maybe even 2searches I could believe these items were OVERLOOKED...but 5searches I find it to be extremely unlikely.. jmo, tho!

Thank you, that's what I thought, but sometimes things move fast and I miss a nugget of new info. You would think reporters would try a little harder to "get it done right" wouldn't you?

YES! imo, reporting has become abysmal in the past decade or so.

I remember back in the JBR Days (JonBenet Ramsey case), it wasn't like this. Back then, some sleuthers such as moi were more concerned about distinguishing published facts (media) from fiction (posters' theories). At least we could rely on most media reports to be accurate when we speculated.

And in this case, there is a difference of some significance in the type of box that was found, whether a shipping/packing box or one made by an off-brand manufacturer, etc.

~jmo~

Okay - I hear everyone. They were used condoms!

No need to tell me again.

Everyone has missed my point. But that's okay. Let's continue sleuthing :)

Hi 90Nine!
I think I get your point, and I agree with it.
I think you are saying that reported information should be based in fact, and should be qualified if not. (i.e. "It appears that a Bigfoot may have been at this location because there are abnormally big footprints in the mud...instead of, "A Bigfoot was at this location because there are abnormally large footprints in the mud".:python:

Sierra's situation isn't funny at all, but I can only imagine this guy... maybe single, maybe not... who had a little tryst on his lunch hour and keeps cringing and ducking his head every time he hears on the news about the handcuffs and condoms. lol Someone could have had some extramarital fun and had to dispose of the evidence. It could and could not have anything to do with Sierra. And man, I bet he is wishing he had thrown his stuff out in a different location! He's gonna be sweating bullets if they get his DNA and start looking for him... and he's just some dude cheating on his wife with his secretary. :floorlaugh:

Hi 90Nine!
I think I get your point, and I agree with it.
I think you are saying that reported information should be based in fact, and should be qualified if not. (i.e. "It appears that a Bigfoot may have been at this location because there are abnormally big footprints in the mud...instead of, "A Bigfoot was at this location because there are abnormally large footprints in the mud".:python:

Yes, exactly :) I don't know why it bothered me so much lol :angel:

This article also reports that, "The following day the sheriff's office found a purse and a backpack containing clothing...."

I don't remember hearing that information from LE, either.

Putting it in perspective...

How close to the searchers are reporters permitted to be? I would expect the areas to be cleared and NO other parties anywhere nearby...and most particularly when any yellow tape goes-up to define a scene for evidence collection.

I know word travels and some reporters are dogged, but aren't searchers instructed NOT to talk to the media?

I'm still sticking to my take that LE did not intend for this info to be released (which helps me weigh its value/relevance).

And I'm curious to know what other evidence has been located (plenty, from what I understand), details of which were not released for public consumption.

~just musing/jmo~

It was reported that over 600 volunteers turned out to search.

Think of any group of 600 people. I can't think of a single group that doesn't have at least one gossipy person in it, if not more.

Reporters are generally very good at getting people to talk; they have to be or they don't keep their jobs for long.

Put one gossipy searcher with one persuasive reporter and the promise not to reveal the searcher's name... what I get is a strong possibility that a searcher witnessed the find, heard about it from other searchers or made it up out of whole cloth, then told the reporter. No name, no accountability.

As for how close the reporters can get, it depends on how effective LE is at keeping them away. And that depends on how large an area they are searching, whether it has a secure perimeter, etc. Just look at some of the search pictures in the media! It's clear that photographers are getting pretty darn close to at least some of the search areas.

This article also reports that, "The following day the sheriff's office found a purse and a backpack containing clothing...."

I don't remember hearing that information from LE, either.

We talked about the article full of bad info yesterday....Huffington Post has low standards, at least for crime writers, as they are also using Chelsea H. of gather "fame" although this one is not hers...

Put one gossipy searcher with one persuasive reporter and the promise not to reveal the searcher's name... what I get is a strong possibility that a searcher witnessed the find, heard about it from other searchers or made it up out of whole cloth, then told the reporter. No name, no accountability.

Thanks! Snipped for brevity.

Yup...and so, my theory that LE did not initiate this report.

Two weeks today. :-( The porch light is still on for her, but dimming.

~jmo~

Raaaaa. Haaaahahahahahhahahhah! Hhahaha! !
ugly%20man%20laugh.gif
..love it GrannieDhu!! You are correct you are by far NOT alone...hheehe! :giggle:

Sierra's situation isn't funny at all, but I can only imagine this guy... maybe single, maybe not... who had a little tryst on his lunch hour and keeps cringing and ducking his head every time he hears on the news about the handcuffs and condoms. lol Someone could have had some extramarital fun and had to dispose of the evidence. It could and could not have anything to do with Sierra. And man, I bet he is wishing he had thrown his stuff out in a different location! He's gonna be sweating bullets if they get his DNA and start looking for him... and he's just some dude cheating on his wife with his secretary. :floorlaugh:

I've been thinking similarly! Except, I have been picturing some TOTALLY PANICKED (and innocent!) teenage boy, sitting in his room watching the news in silence knowing that those things were his, and knowing how humiliated he would be if/when his secret shenanigans are out in the public....and yes, wishing that he'd chosen another location for his activities :p

I've been thinking similarly! Except, I have been picturing some TOTALLY PANICKED (and innocent!) teenage boy, sitting in his room watching the news in silence knowing that those things were his, and knowing how humiliated he would be if/when his secret shenanigans are out in the public....and yes, wishing that he'd chosen another location for his activities :p

What I was thinking is what if it's someone whose DNA is in the PD's database and they know it, but they had nothing to do with Sierra going missing. They would be freaking out right about now! And have some splaining to do. If it were just condoms I would think no biggie, but the handcuffs thing is a little bothersome. NOT that some people don't like to get a little freaky....in a field no less.

Residents are invited to a community march through downtown Morgan Hill to raise awareness of missing teen Sierra LaMar in order to bring her home quickly and safely, according to organizer Dori Prado.
The march will start at 11:30 a.m. Saturday, at the Community and Cultural Center, 17000 Monterey Rd. and continue to Main Avenue where the marchers will take a u-turn and proceed back to the community center.
Everyone is invited to participate, and the youth are particularly encouraged to join the march, Prado said. Marchers will distribute flyers with pictures of Sierra and her information on them.
“We don’t want her name to die down,” Prado said.
http://www.gilroydispatch.com/artic...cle_7c6db954-ae30-543a-8ee7-8a38eace06bb.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L1752