17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
<snip>
George Zimmerman never said he "stalked" Trayvon.
The kid didn't attempt to run away, he ran away. GZ lost sight of him.

GZ doesn't have to say he stalked Trayvon. If TM ran away, why did GZ seek him out and kill him?!

<snip>
Boy, Susan Moss on NG is really fired up about this case. I don't think I've ever seen her this upset - she is yelling.

Really? I always have to turn my TV down when she's on - female version of Chris Matthews, but rhymes.

Question:

How long has Wolfinger been living in the area? Was he raised there? Is he a long time resident?

Anyone know?

TIA

Really? I always have to turn my TV down when she's on - female version of Chris Matthews, but rhymes.
she was so upset - she had no rhyme at all tonight.

Court? What about public they released these results to? Zimmerman is being tried by the press.

Perhaps so. On the other hand he ISN'T being tried by the criminal justice system thus far, and were it not for this public attention he never would be.

What I think is that we'll never know what happened that night. However, GZ's story is supported by the evidence. We can each decide whether to believe GZ is telling the truth or not. IMO, I just don't know and, with the evidence to date, I have to side with reasonable doubt.

Reasonable doubt is all there is.
BUT the police still *advertiser censored**** up, and because they did not investigate,
GZ is in worse shape than he would have been had they done a thorough job :maddening:
you cannot do a thorough job in 2-3 hours :maddening:

Susan was so angry she forgot to rhyme. :crazy:

I don't know why he recused himself. But it doesn't automatically mean that he went to the station personally and met with the Z family. I am curious to know why too.
The Z family was never at the station that night. At least not that I heard. Wolfinger met with Chief Lee and Capt O'Connor.

JMHO

In Wolfinger's defense, he is not alone. Black murderers with white victims receive the death penalty (and harsher punishments) more often than any combo (white murderer-white victim, black murderer-black victim,etc). It happens all throughout the US.

That's not just a Wolfinger problem, that's a criminal justice system problem. America's problem...:moo::twocents:

True enough. But I think this article is specifically referring to the statistics in his jurisdication.

"And although state attorneys in Orange, Osceola, Volusia and Lake counties also sought death more often for killers of whites, Wolfinger was about 50 percent more likely to do so."

"The Sentinel analyzed all 283 first-degree murder cases prosecuted from Jan. 1, 1986, through Sept. 30, 1991, in Orange, Osceola, Seminole, Brevard, Lake and Volusia counties."

"The study found that prosecutors sought the death penalty 27 percent of the time when victims were white. They sought death 14 percent of the time when victims were minorities."

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...010269_1_wolfinger-death-penalty-sought-death

Yes. He says Crump'a letter has outright lies in it. And that the "meeting" never happened.

He wants them to look into it so he can show it was a lie.

Snipped:

State Attorney Norm Wolfinger released a statement on Monday saying he is outraged by the outright lies contained in a letter by the family of Trayvon Martin's attorney asking for a review of his actions with police in Martin's death investigation.

The Martin family's attorney, Ben Crump, said he is asking the U.S. Justice Department to review the investigation for possible interference by Wolfinger's office Sanford police Detective Chris Serino.

Wolfinger released a statement Monday saying he was outraged by the outright lies contained in the letter and he encourages the Justice Department to investigate and document that no such meeting or communication occurred.

* from your link.

IN MY OPINION he has absolutely zero credibility.

Susan was so angry she forgot to rhyme. :crazy:

I don't know why he recused himself. But it doesn't automatically mean that he went to the station personally and met with the Z family. I am curious to know why too.

He could be partially telling the truth. Maybe the family wasn't actually there (i'm thinking from what I've read Mom and Dad are in Virginia?). They met by phone. I'd like to know why the officer who wanted to press charges was overridden and who was it that did this?

If Wolfinger and the Zimmerman family were going to do some super secret illegal negotiations, why the heck would they all go to the police station?

And doesn't Zimmerman senior live in another city?

--they live close by, in lake mary.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/02/u...-prompts-a-review-of-ideals.html?pagewanted=3

After graduating from high school in 2001, Mr. Zimmerman moved to Florida, into a home that his parents had just bought for their retirement in Lake Mary, near Sanford. He began working as an insurance agent with an uncle, but he became a mortgage broker when the real estate market started booming. According to his father, he was making at least $10,000 a month by his early 20s.

When his parents retired to Florida around 2006, Mr. Zimmerman moved into an apartment in Lake Mary with a friend.

The Z family was never at the station that night. At least not that I heard. Wolfinger met with Chief Lee and Capt O'Connor.

JMHO

Attorney Crump believes so.
Crump sent a formal request to the Justice Department on Monday, saying, "within hours of the shooting in which Trayvon Martin was killed, Sanford Chief of Police Bill lee met with State Attorney Norm Wolfinger. We also believe that family members of shooter George Zimmerman were present at the police department.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/St...uest/-/1637132/10042672/-/tovmqt/-/index.html

JMHO

The Z family, primarily Dad, could have been at the meeting by phone.

After reviewing the case, prosecutors decided there was no criminal intent behind Howell's purchase of crack cocaine at Park on Park, a Sanford park three blocks from his home, Seminole-Brevard State Attorney Norm Wolfinger said.

Sounds like the "I was doing a class project defense" to me.

He could be partially telling the truth. Maybe the family wasn't actually there (i'm thinking from what I've read Mom and Dad are in Virginia?). They met by phone. I'd like to know why the officer who wanted to press charges was overridden and who was it that did this?
GZ's dad lives in Lake Mary - another city but very close to Sanford.

George Zimmerman Video Shows Little Evidence of a Broken Nose, Doctor Claims

http://abcnews.go.com/US/trayvon-ma...orge-zimmerman/story?id=16055412#.T3o7C6sV2Hc

But Dr. Vidor Friedman, president of the Florida College of Emergency Physicians, remains unconvinced.

"If somebody had been beating his head against concrete I'd think we'd see more obvious scrapes," Friedman said. He also said he would expect to see bandages on Zimmerman's head.

More significantly for Friedman was the condition of Zimmerman's nose.

"All of the ridges in his nose are clearly defined. You would expect significant swelling in the hour or two after a break. There appears to be none. It doesn't look like his nose was broken or badly broken," Friedman said.
I knew it....GZ lied he needs to be arrested now!!!!!!!!!!! IMHO JMHO

After reviewing the case, prosecutors decided there was no criminal intent behind Howell's purchase of crack cocaine at Park on Park, a Sanford park three blocks from his home, Seminole-Brevard State Attorney Norm Wolfinger said.

Fixed it TY That is what happens when I am cooking dinner and trying to keep up.

ETA

But Wolfinger said Howell's method was extremely dangerous. Drug dealers have jumped into cars and beat or shot the drivers in order to steal whatever they could get, Wolfinger said.

This was in 1991 and he was not the only one who made the decision

We just never know who the Martin family sources are. The person who told reporters that a homicide detective did the initial interview is probably saying A LOT more stuff. For now, I'm not discounting the "meeting."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
conspired