Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #5 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember reading that she was working on a paper about teen depression, so at first I thought that this 'disappearance' might be part of the paper/assignment.....that she was trying to make some sort of point (way out there I know), but to say that she was excited (my word, I forget if its exactly what she said) about this paper is odd (to me anyway). Does anyone remember if we've been told when the assignment was due? Was it in her bag too? Anyway, I'm not even sure what I'm getting at, just thinking out loud lol.

I've been following the Sierra Lamar case from day 1. I've been trying to post here for a few days now and was finally just able to get an account on here! Thank you Chico!! :)

So I'm quite young but I really feel connected to this case. I'm about 20 minutes away from where Sierra lives and I have mutual friends with Sierra so I of course immediately connected with her. My heart is broken for Sierra.. truly. She is such a beautiful girl and unfortunately the exact type of person a perp would want to get. Young, beautiful, TINY (easy to just take without much of a fight).

Anyways, I NEVER bought the runaway theory. I just never did. I don't think that the bag and the phone would have been left on the side of the road like that. If someone wants to run away they want everything gone... they wouldn't leave their possessions in an open area especially right near their own home. Even if Sierra planned to runaway for a short time there is NO WAY that she would have left her phone. That phone was connected to that girl.

I think that she was taken from her driveway and that it was definitely someone she casually knew or it happened so fast she literally had no time to react to the situation. I see Sierra as being a trusting person not in the sense that she would just get into a stranger's car but that she would probably be polite if she were approached by someone looking for a light, directions, etc. I think that the perp obviously knew her schedule... her home is at the very end of the cul de sac there's no way that someone would just randomly go down that street and target her house, which is pretty secluded.

I think the phone and bag were dropped on the way out of the area and I don't really think that the clothes being neatly folded in the bag are an indicator of who the perp is. Girls bring an extra pair of clothes all the time! Sorry gentlemen on the board.. gonna go girl talk here... perhaps it was that time of the month and she brought an extra pair of jeans/underwear just in case? She might have brought the shirt because it would have been more comfortable and would have gone with the jeans she brought as an extra pair? She was quite fashionable and I could see her matching just a basic shirt with the jeans. It would also explain why there was no make-up, hairbrush, or any other personal items that you'd take for a short trip. I don't think the perp came back and dropped the bag and phone off afterwards. That phone was the first thing thrown from the car and the perp was very smart for doing so. Next, was the bag. I think the perp just wanted all of Sierra's belongings out of their car. The less amount of time they were with him the better. I one hundred percent think they are local and that they are following the case. Would NOT surprise me if they attended the vigils or the searches.

I could DEFINITELY see the perp being in the driveway with a car in tow if they were a co-worker or acquaintance of the boyfriend. Sierra could have walked out, have seen them before and not be alarmed. The person could have said some BS story about meeting the boyfriend before work or something and offered Sierra a ride to the bus stop. Honestly, anything could have happened. The one thing that's for certain is that if the dogs were accurate and she didn't make it past the driveway I just don't see a random perp taking that big of a chance going down the cul de sac. Then again some perps are just insanely lucky in terms of witnesses.

Just my two cents.

Sierra, I'm praying every day for you and we will NOT stop looking for you until you are found.

Welcome to WS, Lovebug!

Your thoughts follow my own amazingly closely, particularly about Sierra's likely behaviours.

I believe that in one early video, the sheriff said that "personal items" were also found in the JC bag, which I took to mean things like a hairbrush and maybe lip gloss.

If you are attending any of the vigils, I hope you are keeping your eye out for someone who seems a little... too involved, if you know what I mean? A little too keen to be all outraged, grieving or whatever.

And I'm sure you already know that it's a good thing to call the tip line, even if your tip doesn't seem like much. Sometimes the most trivial things can lead to a capture (for instance, Son of Sam was caught through a parking ticket).

Snipped and bolded by me (natch!)

I remember that comment too, and it struck me as odd.

How would they know she was inside her house unless she texted something like "I'm in my bedroom"? It just seems an odd thing to know, yanno?

Cell pings!

I've looked at the map of local cell towers to Morgan Hill and it looks to my totally amateur eyes like there is one right there in Morgan Hill (which would probably be the one Sierra's texts and calls were routed through). There are also two more within the likely radius for her cell phone and they are in opposite directions.

That's a perfect set up to triangulate cell pings with. Three towers, different distances, different directions.

Keep in mind I am totally a self-taught amateur on the whole cell technology thing, so I could be wrong.

Forgive me, mods, for I am sinning. I don't have a link for it but I seem to recall that LE said that the last text from her phone at 7:11 am came from inside her house.

Here you go. :)

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/video?id=8591214

Q: Where was the text located from?

Sgt. Jose Cardoza: It was-it was to her friend.

Q: But where was it sent from?

Q: Was it from her laptop, or?

Sgt. Jose Cardoza: It was from her cell phone.

Q: ..the location?

Sgt. Jose Cardoza: At her home. It was from her cell phone at home.

Q: And it was on Friday?

Sgt. Jose Cardoza: It was on Friday morning, a couple of minutes after 7 in the morning.

~snip~
The trailing dog lost her scent at the end of the driveway. Two of WS verified posters (sarx and Oriah) have indicated they know or know of the dogs used in that area and have good opinions of them.

I also heard that the smell of car exhaust can kill a scent. I assume the people who responded to the report Sierra was missing parked on the street near the gate, and that other cars passed by the end of the drive during the 12 hours Sierra was missing prior to being reported. Sierra's scent in the driveway would only have been "run over" twice, once each by Marlene and her BF coming home from work, while everything beyond the end of the drive was trampled on (from the POV of exhaust fumes) before the dogs came out.

Snipped and bolded by me (natch!)

I remember that comment too, and it struck me as odd.

How would they know she was inside her house unless she texted something like "I'm in my bedroom"? It just seems an odd thing to know, yanno?

Was it the picture message of her dressed for the day?

IIRC, she had an iPhone. I think it is equipped with GPS. LE would be able to figure out within a couple of feet from where the text originated, I believe.

She had a Droid phone:

"Police found the girl's phone Saturday night about three-quarters of a mile from LaMar's home by tracking its electronic ping. The phone, a Droid smartphone, was discovered about 20 feet from the side of the road that LaMar used to walk to her bus stop."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/03/2...g-california-girl-sierra-lamar/#ixzz1r5L1IDBC

Here you go. :)

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/video?id=8591214

Q: Where was the text located from?

Sgt. Jose Cardoza: It was-it was to her friend.

Q: But where was it sent from?

Q: Was it from her laptop, or?

Sgt. Jose Cardoza: It was from her cell phone.

Q: ..the location?

Sgt. Jose Cardoza: At her home. It was from her cell phone at home.

Q: And it was on Friday?

Sgt. Jose Cardoza: It was on Friday morning, a couple of minutes after 7 in the morning.

This makes me think that she was running late for the school bus. Her bus comes at 7:15 am.

Sierra just started this new school in October. She was in Fremont since August. I wonder why she was pulled out of that school. Since her mother travels to Fremont, I don't get it. Was her mother keeping her away from a boy or crowd by putting her in Morgan Hill? If not, I don't understand her reasoning...and I don't think she is going to say.

I think there are reasons that we don't know about of why Sierra was taken out of High School in Fremont. As stated, her mother worked there each day and Sierra could have continued in the Fremont High School. She was removed mid-semester which is unusual.

1st BBM: Thank You for this info -- which I did not know ... sure would like to know why she was moved to another school just a couple of months after the start of the school year ...

2nd BBM: I totally agree ...

I mostly :lurk: here on this thread and do not post much because "my opninion" would not be welcomed ... there are many things that I "see" that sends my radar up to the roof ...

Hoping that Sierra is found soon ...

JMO ... :moo:

just want to throw this out there because it's been on my mind since they started talking about finding the clothes...

i wonder if she had PE (or similar) class first thing in the morning? i went to 2 different high schools, one had each of 7 periods every day, and the other school was a block schedule, where you go to classes 1,3,&5 one day and classes 2,4,&6 the next (it kept alternating).

personally, on days that i had PE for my first class, i would go to school wearing my PE uniform (i usually wore sweats) and i'd take a change of clothes with me for when that class was over. i wonder if this could be what sierra's plans were. :)

MOO

Sierra having her books with her does not rule out getting into a car with a friend who showed up unexpectedly, or someone else she knew. I am not totally convinced that she was not abducted by a person or group of people known to her from one school or the other, either fellow-students or recent students. But I admit I could be basing that possibility of the image of her life as presented by her on her various accounts...JMO

I just think that is a long shot. It just doesnt make sense to me that at that particular time someone she knew came along and she is never seen again.

I think she is another victim of a stranger abduction who saw an opportunity to nab a very petite pretty young girl when no one was around.
IMO

just want to throw this out there because it's been on my mind since they started talking about finding the clothes...

i wonder if she had PE (or similar) class first thing in the morning? i went to 2 different high schools, one had each of 7 periods every day, and the other school was a block schedule, where you go to classes 1,3,&5 one day and classes 2,4,&6 the next (it kept alternating).

personally, on days that i had PE for my first class, i would go to school wearing my PE uniform (i usually wore sweats) and i'd take a change of clothes with me for when that class was over. i wonder if this could be what sierra's plans were. :)

MOO

What doesnt make sense to me along with her outter clothing.. her bra and panties were inside the Juicy Purse too.

imo

Found some interesting commentary in here:

http://www.gilroydispatch.com/news/...cle_b825bf1a-360c-58f9-81b7-009f99bc4961.html

This stood out as the most interesting to me:

"However, if she was wearing the clothing at the time she was kidnapped and the suspect unclothed her, the evidence could suggest more than one kidnapper was involved, Van Zandt said."

I think this case might be solved in the near future. I dont think searches of the area around her house are going to reveal anything, but I think some small detail that LE has overlooked will be the big "break" in the case that will show what really happened.

Found some interesting commentary in here:

http://www.gilroydispatch.com/news/...cle_b825bf1a-360c-58f9-81b7-009f99bc4961.html

This stood out as the most interesting to me:

"However, if she was wearing the clothing at the time she was kidnapped and the suspect unclothed her, the evidence could suggest more than one kidnapper was involved, Van Zandt said."

I think this case might be solved in the near future. I dont think searches of the area around her house are going to reveal anything, but I think some small detail that LE has overlooked will be the big "break" in the case that will show what really happened.

I wish I thought this case is going to be solved soon.

I really dont think LE has overlooked anything. I read that 60 detectives are assigned to this case and the FBI is very involved too.

I just think so far they are not coming up with anything that even tells them who the suspect(s) could be or where Sierra's whereabouts are.

IMO

I am on Facebook. I have a twitter account but do not use it as I did not have a smartphone when I set it up and just never started with it. I have a 20 year old daughter who keeps me up to speed on music, fashion, LOLCATZ and TMI about her personal life, but I have never even heard of tumbler. What is it, how does it work, and what did Sierra have posted that was so scandalous!?!?

By adult standards, teens are always posting stuff that we find "scandalous". They have no filters whatsoever as it relates to social media. A strange phenomenon of todays youth culture. That said, I'm sure LE has scoured her tweets, tumblr posts, FB etc. to look for clues. I'm sure her 2 closest friends are their best sources for info, as kids that age tell their BF's EVERYTHING...and I do mean everything!

What doesnt make sense to me along with her outter clothing.. her bra and panties were inside the Juicy Purse too.

imo

When I was in high school and packing a change of clothes for PE day, I always took fresh underwear as well. All my girlfriends did; so far as I know, we all did.

We'd gotten all sweaty and icky during PE, so we didn't want to put those undies back on!

When I was in high school and packing a change of clothes for PE day, I always took fresh underwear as well. All my girlfriends did; so far as I know, we all did.

We'd gotten all sweaty and icky during PE, so we didn't want to put those undies back on!

And I'm the opposite. I dont know of one person that changed underwear after PE. That just seems weird. JMO

I also heard that the smell of car exhaust can kill a scent. I assume the people who responded to the report Sierra was missing parked on the street near the gate, and that other cars passed by the end of the drive during the 12 hours Sierra was missing prior to being reported. Sierra's scent in the driveway would only have been "run over" twice, once each by Marlene and her BF coming home from work, while everything beyond the end of the drive was trampled on (from the POV of exhaust fumes) before the dogs came out.

sarx or Oriah are more qualified to answer this but here's my unverified opinion anyway.

I know from doing it that dogs can track a human being across a heavily travelled road with lots of traffic. It's not ideal tracking conditions but it can be done.

The weather that day was fairly nice for tracking: on the cool side with a light rain after the track was laid.

Yes, there was no doubt increased traffic on the cul-de-sac but I doubt it was so much that it would make an insurmountable tracking problem.

The dog handlers wouldn't just follow their dogs to the end of the driveway where the dogs lost the track. Since the route she was supposed to follow was known, they would have taken their dogs at least that far to see if the dogs would indicate again. And they'd probably cast around the area, just to see if they could find her fresh scent off her expected route.

It's hard for me to believe that every single vestige of her scent from Friday had been obliterated from the entire 0.4 mile route. I think it's more likely that there was no fresh scent to be found after the end of the driveway, indicating that she was taken into a vehicle in some manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304