Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #5 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

My parents would have had absolutely no idea what I had in my purse. Then again, my family is from different cultures where privacy is more expected than what seems normal (to me) in USAn families.

I think the bolded explanation is the most likely. I know when I was a teen, one of the ways I tried to sway my parents my way was to make it as much of a fait accompli as possible: "Mom, can I stay with Jody? Her mom already said it was okay. I don't have to get anything from home cause I have my clothes from PE!" Which was not *exactly* a lie because Jody's mom did say yes the last time we asked.

Then Jody would call her mom and say "Mom, can Grainne come home with me tonight? Her mom says it's okay!"

Or it could be the other way around. The point being that we were already set and ready to go, our moms didn't have to do anything (which made them more likely to say yes).

MY DD did that exact thing every Friday. Took a change of clothes, including underwear, to school with her. Then she could figure out her social plans before calling me for permission.

I think the perp tossed that purse out minutes after tossing out the cell. I also think there might have been two perps in this case. Sadly.

BBM: In case you missed my post about this earlier, I made early morning newspaper bundle deliveries to stores for 19 yrs, to get a bundle on the right side of the vehicle, out the drivers window and over the roof is the easiest and most efficient way, even with bad shoulders. Try it. You'll be amazed how much easier and simple it is.

Thanks, I tried it. It works much better than I expected. This certainly reinforces my belief that this was done by one guy who took off in a northern direction.

This is one of the things that has baffled me since the beginning. If you look at the maps of the area, and assume the person didn't park or go anywhere else, they would have had to get her out of her clothes within a few minutes of picking her up.

There are a few possibilities here. It could have been more than one perp, or the perp made her strip while driving. But still, it doesn't seem likely that this was the case.

And they didn't likely stop anywhere else, because her scent ended at the driveway, and wasn't picked up anywhere else.

Another interesting thing is that the phone and bag were tossed in different locations. If the perp made her strip it would have likely been after the point where the phone was tossed (which is on a main road). It just doesn't seem likely that a perp would stop and risk being seen in order to get her to strip her clothes there. He could easily drive out to a more secluded area within a 5-10 minute drive and then have all the privacy he wanted.

Based on this, unless the bag was placed there at a later time (which is also unlikely) she was picked up from her house, after driving for a few minutes, her phone was thrown from the car. Then after driving for a few more minutes, her purse was thrown from the car (with the spare change of clothes inside).

Its not the only possibility, but its the most probable.

The abductor could have driven up into her driveway.Knocked on ther door. When she opened the door,they pushed their way in. Possibly made her strip in the house.Probably raped her there too. MOO

Then wrapped her (still alive,but possibly unable to scream) in a sheet or blanket, and put her in the vehicle...

Possibly left no signs of a struggle inside the house... What,if anything, has LE ever mentioned about the condition of the interior of the house ? MOO

I just get the feeling that the perp would want to spend more time with her after she was first stripped...MOO

Or she was embarrassed or felt shame by them?

There arre things I never told my high school BFF, and they never told me.
Some of them came out decades later...some never have.

Good points...And yet, at least on her twitter and tumblr, she does not seem ashamed or embarrassed by much of anything. It would have to be something major,IMO, to make her not post about it at all... Maybe there is something to this angle...Who would not want her to post about such things ? And what could have happened back in Fremont ? And, I do not mean anything to do with her dad. She saw him, and her sister stayed in his house... IMO it would have been something going on at the High School in Fremont. MOO

ETA : also strange : seemingly none of her friends mentioned a reason for this move in their tweets to her ? Seems odd...

Hey all, been following this case closely, haven't posted much. Anyway, going on the evidence/info we currently have, to me, this seems like a stranger abduction. Most likely two stranger abduction. Here is what I believe is the most plausible scenario (certainly many many more situations and scenarios are possible or even likely, but to me, this seems most likely)

Sierra walked to the end of her driveway with her purse and phone. Her spare clothes were in her bag for an innocent reason i.e. going to an activity after school, out with a friend, sleepover etc. If the scent dogs are accurate and her trail ended at the driveway, it stands to reason her abductors forced her into a vehicle and drove off. One person driving, one holding her down and then throwing her phone and purse out the window. I believe the abductor or abductors did not know Sierra, but are in the area often for a reason. Maybe they've seen her a few times and figured the timing was just right, or maybe they planned it. But they are in the area often. (Cableman, construction, farmer, etc)

I can easily poke holes in my theory, so I am always open to hearing new and fresh ideas and insights. And praying for a happy outcome

BINGO!

Great catch!

I'm going to throw this in here about the books being found. I read...and I don't know where or maybe it was on Nancy Grace...but they said there were items found at home that were not suppose to be there. And no further discussion about that...I thought immediately that it was her books. when they first released the statement about the bag being found (and this went on for several days and was said in LE press conf) that only the clothes were found in the bag...nothing else.

MY DD did that exact thing every Friday. Took a change of clothes, including underwear, to school with her. Then she could figure out her social plans before calling me for permission.

I think the perp tossed that purse out minutes after tossing out the cell. I also think there might have been two perps in this case. Sadly.

Just goes to show a good line is timeless. I bet there were cave children pulling some variation of it on their mothers!

I keep wondering if there were not only two perps, but a male and a female perp? I think most people (not just teens) feel more secure approaching a car that has a woman in it or standing by it.

It wouldn't be as high risk as it sounds to park a car next to Sierra's driveway or across the end of it. One perp (probably the man) acts as lookout, the other (probably the woman) focuses on Sierra. The woman asks Sierra a question about directions or anything like that while the man checks to see that there are no obvious witnesses.

If there had been a witness, no harm done. They'd just get back into their car like normal people and drive off. Nothing illegal or even suspicious has happened.

Since there were no witnesses, one or both perps grab Sierra, force her into their vehicle and they are gone.

Whoever is not driving grabs the smartphone from Sierra, tosses it (so that they can't be followed via pings). Then grabs her bag (for fear of a GPS locator) and tosses that as well.

Done.

Apparently the Purse and the Cell phone were found on the shoulder of the road (Santa Teresa Blvd) about a mile apart. Does anyone know which side of the road and how far on to the shoulder they were both found? A passenger in the right front seat could throw an object quite a distance but a driver would not really be able to throw it, they could only drop it out of the right hand window. If the purse were on the left side of the road, the driver probably tossed it but it would be hard to throw an object all the way to the opposite shoulder, particularly if the driver were right handed.

Not on the shoulder of the road:

The search located her cellphone 20-30 feet off the roadway near Santa Teresa Boulevard and Scheller Avenue. The phone was examined for fingerprints but did not yield any new leads, Sgt. Jose Cardoza said.

http://gilroy.patch.com/articles/string-of-volunteer-searches-for-missing-sierra-lamar-begin-tuesday

Here you go. :)

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/video?id=8591214

Q: Where was the text located from?

Sgt. Jose Cardoza: It was-it was to her friend.

Q: But where was it sent from?

Q: Was it from her laptop, or?

Sgt. Jose Cardoza: It was from her cell phone.

Q: ..the location?

Sgt. Jose Cardoza: At her home. It was from her cell phone at home.

Q: And it was on Friday?

Sgt. Jose Cardoza: It was on Friday morning, a couple of minutes after 7 in the morning.

that could be on her way out the door...not nec. inside the home.

The abductor could have driven up into her driveway.Knocked on ther door. When she opened the door,they pushed their way in. Possibly made her strip in the house.Probably raped her there too. MOO

Then wrapped her (still alive,but possibly unable to scream) in a sheet or blanket, and put her in the vehicle...

Possibly left no signs of a struggle inside the house... What,if anything, has LE ever mentioned about the condition of the interior of the house ? MOO

I just get the feeling that the perp would want to spend more time with her after she was first stripped...MOO

The vehicle was probably pretty airtight, since the dogs didn't trail it. But they did trail her to the end of her driveway.

Whether she was moving under her own power or not, she was most likely not inside the vehicle until the end of the driveway.

And I'm the opposite. I dont know of one person that changed underwear after PE. That just seems weird. JMO

I think Lovebug had a great point about this scenario. I love her viewpoint because she is young too and knows the possibe scenarios well. imo

I really dont think that happened, and I dont believe, Steve, her father is buying that either and Sierra lived a long time in his home so he would know what she did and did not do.

He is baffled with her clothes being in her purse. This leads me to believe this was not something Sierra never did. Maybe outter clothing but not the bra and panties.

JMO
I totally agree with you ,with one very slight exception- I think Sierra was the one to neatly fold her clothes into her purse after being forced to strip by her captors. The bra is the big giveaway for me. I am female, and very few females that I've ever known carry a change of bras around. Bras are alot more expensive than panties and bulkier.

The vehicle was probably pretty airtight, since the dogs didn't trail it. But they did trail her to the end of her driveway.

Whether she was moving under her own power or not, she was most likely not inside the vehicle until the end of the driveway.

Yes. I agree. She never went beyond the end of that driveway...MOO

From the indication I got they didn't find any foul play in the house. That doesn't mean someone or 2 didn't knock on the door or enter the house if the doors were unlocked. I cringe everytime someone tells me they leave their doors unlocked at night because they live in the country. Because I have had an intruder in my home my doors are locked at all times.

Someone could have made numerous questions up to ask her if they were in the cul-de-sac. Since there are two different access points to locations in that cul-de-sac it might night have been suspicious if someone was stopped there at one of the gates. They could have stalled her long enough to where she was late for the bus and then offered to give her a ride. All along the perp/perps had planned this.

For someone who lives or knows that area would the route that the vehicle took, opposite from the bus stop, be less likely to draw suspicion? Is it more remote than going the other direction say to get to 101? Would they have passed where the farm workers were that day? I just don't see her being undressed until she was taken to the location of the crime for any reason unless there were 2, it was a van or something like that and someone was having their way with her while someone else was driving. It just doesn't seem like enough time to undress her and fold her cloths before their were thrown out. Unless, they were thrown out later and I don't think that's what happened. I wonder if the perp(s) hit the 101 and took her farther away.

military folding...just like my father taught all of his children to do and we have taught all our children as well. it is a very cool way to fold clothes.

Learned from my ex. Been doing it now for years. My clothes are always what someone would call 'VERY neatly folded' and I do it out of habit. I don't even think about it.

I wish I thought this case is going to be solved soon.

I really dont think LE has overlooked anything. I read that 60 detectives are assigned to this case and the FBI is very involved too.

I just think so far they are not coming up with anything that even tells them who the suspect(s) could be or where Sierra's whereabouts are.

IMO

60 detectives???? For one missing girl???? That's a bit unrealistic, IMO. I could believe 6, but 60.... WOW!

New to the thread but havent seen some things discussed. Apologies if this is rehash!!

First, I found the "Open Space Authority" for San Jose which lists brand new "unexplored" hikes to Coyote Springs and Coyote Valley. The meeting point is Palm Ave/Theresa Bl, right were items where found and in the area teenagers were known to party.
So while my google shows locked gates leading up the hill on Palm and on Kalana, perhaps those gates aren't there anymore or are easily opened to allow this new public access.

Secondly, sunrise on that day was not until 7:16 and being in a Valley with hills to the East, it would have been quite dark for some time after that. Perhaps the driver (and another passenger, who knows?) suggested the go up to look at the sunrise as there are only a few weeks a year it could be done before school. Cell phone and bag are left in the car.

Then, something happened up there...attack, accident, too many possibilities. Then the cover up started. He takes the clothes and folds them as he thinks what to do. On the way out of the hills the items were discarded one by one. I believe this is also the direction to her school. This all could have taken place and the perp still could have made it to school, perhaps a few minutes late. I'm guessing he would leave the body close by though and not take it with him.

I think the shoes, which didnt fit in the bag are in a third location, yet to be found.
MOO!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member