ZFG Civil Case: Casey's Deposition #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure sounds like OCA's DT is fighting tooth and nail so their precious won't have to answer to anything-as usual. Protecting a liar from her own lies, that really takes the cake, since we alll have heard the words she used already. If they are such good lawyers, why don't they stop wasting time, get into the courtroom and do their job and stop dilly dallying...hmmmpth.

bbm

"stop dillydallying" is one of my FAVORITE phrases!! my Mom used to tell us that all the time when we were being "slowpokes", I still use it myself quite often, lol :woohoo:

Just read it on Twitter - ZG's case is going to trial! WOOT!!!!

Here's the article from the news thread:

Source: Judge refuses to throw out civil lawsuit against Casey Anthony

ORLANDO, Fla. —

A judge refused to throw out the civil lawsuit against Casey Anthony filed by Zenaida Gonzalez, WFTV learned on Thursday.

Gonzalez claims Casey ruined her life when she said a babysitter by the same named kidnapped her daughter, Caylee Anthony.
http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/judge-refuses-throw-out-civil-lawsuit-against-case/nMXxK/

Vinnie Politan tweeted that her lies to le would not be admissable at trial but her jail visit videos would be allowed. Why would her statements to le not be allowed? Those statements are what started the defamation.

Vinnie Politan tweeted that her lies to le would not be admissable at trial but her jail visit videos would be allowed. Why would her statements to le not be allowed? Those statements are what started the defamation.

That makes no sense except her lies are being appealed right now. That is the only reason I can see that they wouldn't be allowed, which means the appeal isn't going to be over by the time the case gets to trial?

The order says that LE showed FCA a picture of this ZG and Casey said it was NOT her. So her statements to LE about a ZFG are inadmissible. However, in the video with Cindy and George, Casey said that LE did NOT show her a pict of "the girl in Kissimee"...so therefore the videos can come in.

HA. Which lie you gonna believe now, that tape, or this tape???????

The order says that LE showed FCA a picture of this ZG and Casey said it was NOT her. So her statements to LE about a ZFG are inadmissible. However, in the video with Cindy and George, Casey said that LE did NOT show her a pict of "the girl in Kissimee"...so therefore the videos can come in.

HA. Which lie you gonna believe now, that tape, or this tape???????

Thanks. I have not seen the order so was very confused about this. Now it sounds like a good thing because her supposed denial of ZG as the poi is not going to be in trial.

from reading the motion, it appears a major factor of Zenaida's case will hinge on whether or not the stellar CA was acting as an agent for FCA.

(1) Wonder if the lying appeal will have been decided by then, as it if is not, then will FCA still be pleading the 5th and not testify? therefore a pretty-much-guaranteed win for ZG as the jury is allowed to consider a defendant pleading the 5th against them.

(2) Unless this is settled(still a possiblity?, and I hope Zenaida goes through to a jury trial) before the actual trial next Jan., it appears we will have the always-full-truths-never-half-truths-or-mis-truths CA on the stand testifying so-help-her-God as to whether or not SHE felt she was acting on FCA's behalf, let the lying and spinning begin.

(3) IF the subpoena gets served on FCA and she is made to appear at the trial, and IF the lying appeal has already been heard, we might even get to see FCA her self lying on the stand.

Could get very interesting :winkaway:, IMO, MOO, etc.

Wonder if our fellow posters who said this will never go to trial will weigh in, or not. :what:

ETA: heard Greene is out shopping for a very small child's stool for FCA to sit on in the courtroom and some lovely Laura Ingalls-type attire for FCA to wear....... oh, and also a few bump-its.....

from reading the motion, it appears a major factor of Zenaida's case will hinge on whether or not the stellar CA was acting as an agent for FCA.

(1) Wonder if the lying appeal will have been decided by then, as it if is not, then will FCA still be pleading the 5th and not testify? therefore a pretty-much-guaranteed win for ZG as the jury is allowed to consider a defendant pleading the 5th against them.

(2) Unless this is settled(still a possiblity?, and I hope Zenaida goes through to a jury trial) before the actual trial next Jan., it appears we will have the always-full-truths-never-half-truths-or-mis-truths CA on the stand testifying so-help-her-God as to whether or not SHE felt she was acting on FCA's behalf, let the lying and spinning begin.

(3) IF the subpoena gets served on FCA and she is made to appear at the trial, and IF the lying appeal has already been heard, we might even get to see FCA her self lying on the stand.

Could get very interesting :winkaway:, IMO, MOO, etc.

Wonder if our fellow posters who said this will never go to trial will weigh in, or not. :what:

This is exciting! I like the #1 scenario. Imagine the jury's response to all the pleading of the fifth's. LOL.......

Come on karma train......time to roll.......

My own personal wish is that CM's latest request for extension is flatly denied and the appeal is thrown out.

Just to add to my prior post, her attorneys have had ample time to prepare a brief. They are obviously stalling. I am sick of their tactics and just want it over.

This is exciting! I like the #1 scenario. Imagine the jury's response to all the pleading of the fifth's. LOL.......

Come on karma train......time to roll.......

This is very good news bayouland, FCA needs SOMEONE (i.e. a competent jury) to give her SOME consequence for at least SOME of her many lies told during her coverup. I wish FCA would be made to testify, I would like her to be asked about ZG's Sawgrass connection and where FCA really got her name from, not that we will believe one word she says, but I would like to hear her response anyway, should be good.

another positive thing is civil trials only require a "preponderance of the evidence", versus "beyond a reasonable doubt". now if they can just find a FL jury who understands what "preponderance" means :please:

Hope this is good news for TES as well, hoping the Karma trains start snowballing toward FCA .............

Whew. Big sigh of relief over here!

I've been scared to come back and find that the case was thrown out.

My own personal wish is that CM's latest request for extension is flatly denied and the appeal is thrown out.

I thought the last extension was supposed to be the last one? Wasn't there an order that stated that? And he's asking for another one?

This is very good news bayouland, FCA needs SOMEONE (i.e. a competent jury) to give her SOME consequence for at least SOME of her many lies told during her coverup. I wish FCA would be made to testify, I would like her to be asked about ZG's Sawgrass connection and where FCA really got her name from, not that we will believe one word she says, but I would like to hear her response anyway, should be good.

another positive thing is civil trials only require a "preponderance of the evidence", versus "beyond a reasonable doubt". now if they can just find a FL jury who understands what "preponderance" means :please:
Hope this is good news for TES as well, hoping the Karma trains start snowballing toward FCA .............

BBM. Absolutely!!!!

BBM
LOL. Good way to put it NavySubMom.

I didn't watch the summary judgment hearing and hadn't realized that ZG's lawyers dropped the argument that the case was based on Casey's statements to police!

Now it all comes down to whether or not Cindy was acting with Casey's (implied?) direction when she went out and said that Casey was never shown a picture of the Kissimmee girl, hmmm? I'm willing to bet Cindy could lose that case in front of a jury. ;)

BTW does anyone have a link or reference to where Cindy said that to the media? I probably saw it at the time, but I don't recall what exactly she said. Must have been 7/25/08 or not long after.

I didn't watch the summary judgment hearing and hadn't realized that ZG's lawyers dropped the argument that the case was based on Casey's statements to police!

Now it all comes down to whether or not Cindy was acting with Casey's (implied?) direction when she went out and said that Casey was never shown a picture of the Kissimmee girl, hmmm? I'm willing to bet Cindy could lose that case in front of a jury. ;)

BTW does anyone have a link or reference to where Cindy said that to the media? I probably saw it at the time, but I don't recall what exactly she said. Must have been 7/25/08 or not long after.

Hi AZlawyer,

I'm coming out of a self-imposed exile concerning CA to post that M&M discussed this very issue with Cindy Anthony in her deposition on April 9, 2009 and played a video of her TV appearance.

It was, needless to say, quite the Cindy Show. Anyone with the intestinal fortitude I no longer possess can watch the video posted on the M&M website. Scroll all the way down to the bottom. Her deposition is the last on the left.

Good luck and good to be back for a bit!

http://www.forthepeople.com/casey-anthony-case.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member