2010.11.18 AB/EB Court Dates - Other Charges [MERGED]

Still waiting for an update on when the sentencing will take place on the drug charges. I can't find any news about it anywhere.

She's facing 20 years in federal prison, and the only question is whether the judge will make it run consecutively to her murder sentence.

http://charlotte.news14.com/content/652049/elisa-baker-reaches-plea-deal-on-federal-drug-charge

"Baker was not sentenced Thursday, however she will be back in federal court at a later date to learn her sentence.

But Scott Broyles, a former federal prosecutor and Charlotte School of Law professor, says there are guidelines to Baker's sentencing. He says now a judge will decide if her sentence will run at the same time or after her murder conviction.

"In this situation, I don't see a reason why the federal judge would sentence other then on consecutive grounds," said Broyles. "There may be some peculiarity and they, he or she certainly has some discretion."

Meanwhile, Baker will be serving her 18-year sentence on second-degree murder charges in the death of Zahra Baker."

It really upsets me that he wasn't forced to face any and all charges against him in the US BEFORE he was allowed to return to Australia. Whoever permitted him to leave the country didn't seem to be showing particularly great respect for the US system. You would think that they'd arrange for any unfinished business to be sorted first, to avoid any unnecessary waste of time and money.

I guess it is futile to hope the DA would seek to extradite on a failure to return rental merchandise charge.

Accessory to murder?

Abuse of a corpse?

Obstruction of justice?

Child abuse/neglect?

Felony homicide?

Anything? Something? C'mon, that evil faerie didn't do this alone. Is there really NOTHING else they can pin on this guy? I'm just sick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess it is futile to hope the DA would seek to extradite on a failure to return rental merchandise charge.

Accessory to murder?

Abuse of a corpse?

Obstruction of justice?

Child abuse/neglect?

Felony homicide?

Anything? Something? C'mon, that evil faerie didn't do this alone. Is there really NOTHING else they can pin on this guy? I'm just sick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That evil fairy'll talk someday she's got nothing left to lose. At the very least--I expect to learn the evil truth. As for AB I hope all the spiders that are running for ground in Wagga Wagga due to the flooding cocoon him up and eat him for lunch.

Patiently waiting for Karma...

rip Zahra :rose:

Her case still makes me sooo sad....no justice, not really. AB broke every rule in the book when an INNOCENT person calls 911 to report something happening to his child. He will get his someday, either here on earth or the afterlife.

They just finished up the park in Zahra's memory in Hickory and my DH participated. I have thought often about how parts of her were still missing and it has really bothered me. Hoping this might bring some closure.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/deputies-investigate-after-hunter-finds-skull-cald/nMbcq/

"Sources told Channel 9 a skull was found by a turkey hunter in the area near Winkler Way.

The area is not far from where deputies searched for the remains of 10-year-old Zahra Baker. "

Local news on WBTV had short breaking news segment. Indicates that Hickory Police and FBI are also on hand.
For those not local, typically Hickory police would not respond to this as they are from a neighboring county. Could be something indicating it is Zahra, or could just be an abundance of caution.

http://www.wbtv.com/

They usually upload broadcast shortly after they air.

I really hope this is her, I drove this area when this case was first happening. The term "needle in a haystack" doesn't do it justice!

Local news on WBTV had short breaking news segment. Indicates that Hickory Police and FBI are also on hand.
For those not local, typically Hickory police would not respond to this as they are from a neighboring county. Could be something indicating it is Zahra, or could just be an abundance of caution.

http://www.wbtv.com/

They usually upload broadcast shortly after they air.

I really hope this is her, I drove this area when this case was first happening. The term "needle in a haystack" doesn't do it justice!

Is this in the area where the two guys' house was searched and the dirty mattress was found? I remember the one guy said he had to leave town because he had done something terrible. There was speculation that UglyStepMonster had given Zahra to them for sex in exchange for drugs.

The below question obviously presumes the recently found bones are those of Zahra and include the skull.

Question: In the US, if new evidence is located that provides conclusive evidence to confirm details of a previously vague and concluded case, can there be a second trial to sort out the new evidence?

I wonder this as the original autopsy was unable to determine the cause of death, and without that, they were unable to persecute Elisa to the fullest extent of the law. The idea circulated that if the skull was found it might provide evidence of the cause of death, such as a possible blow to the head, etc, which would clearly refute Elisa's claims.

I presume they can use DNA from the bones recently found to determine if they're Zahra's remains or not. Shouldn't take long. I hope they are her's and she can be finally laid to rest complete.

In the Australian media: http://www.theage.com.au/world/hunt-for-zahras-remains-skull-found-20120418-1x68b.html

All these cases I used to follow are coming home to roost..Gabriel Johnson..I watched the Tammi Smith trial today..now this. O hope hope hope this is Zahra. I just saw it on Twitter. I didnt ene know I was folowing the Hickory Record

so does that mean if the rest of her was fount a new trial could ensue????I just think the skull will hold the answers!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back