17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's been bugging me all day is how GZ (what I perceived to be) lied on the stand during his apology today. He said (unless my ears are wonky) that he thought TM was I thought he was a little bit younger than I am or words to that effect. Yet in the 911 call he said something completely different.

Dispatcher

How old would you say he looks?

Zimmerman

He's got button on his shirt, late teens.

Late teens is 17 or 18. George Zimmerman is 28.

That's a bit of a stretch isn't it? I'm all for a fair trial, and I have my own thoughts on this, but it shouldn't be based on lies. what exactly is closer to 28? 25? Does TM look like he was 25 years old? My son isn't much younger than TM (15 in July) and wouldn't be able to pass off as 18!

So yah, this testimony frustrated the heck out of me.

MOO

Mel

This is a huge point. The prosecutor will use it to impeach GZ. And this was in 30 seconds on the stand. It goes along with GZ saying he stopped following TM, but ended up very far from his car with TM, behind the homes. Can you imagine the inconsistencies that have been found during hours of police grilling? The jury will have to ask -- if he lied about this stuff -- can we believe his version of events at all?

What's been bugging me all day is how GZ (what I perceived to be) lied on the stand during his apology today. He said (unless my ears are wonky) that he thought TM was I thought he was a little bit younger than I am or words to that effect. Yet in the 911 call he said something completely different.

Dispatcher

Zimmerman

That's a bit of a stretch isn't it? I'm all for a fair trial, and I have my own thoughts on this, but it shouldn't be based on lies. what exactly is closer to 28? 25? Does TM look like he was 25 years old? My son isn't much younger than TM (15 in July) and wouldn't be able to pass off as 18!

MOO

Mel

George finds it so easy to confabulate and embellish..so Its not easy for him to recall all those other statements to copy or to repeat them verbatum ..It's an affliction of people who constantly have to make excuses for what they do, said, did etc...And this is going to come back to bite him in the end..What he says now the truth..or what he said then or then or then..LOL

Its easy to remember the truth..but more mind bending to try and recall just what story you said when or where..LOL

What will GZ's answer be when he is asked how he, TM and his gun ended up where they did -- even though GZ was headed back to his car?

It may have happened in a couple of ways, besides him following TM at that point. Maybe they both accidentally ran into each other once again when one of them cut through the buildings. Or MAYBE TM turned around and chased him and that is how it all started. { I am not saying I believe either of those, but they might create reasonable doubts]

Dispatcher

Zimmerman

MOO

Mel

He may have said on the 911 call that he thought TM was a kid. But later on when they were fighting, he may have decided he was older than that.

brought over from earlier thread, posted by LolaMoon
+++++=============================================
My mom must not believe in unconditional love because she has told me and my sisters since I can remember:

"If you get arrested... DON'T call me! DON'T write me! DON'T expect money! DON'T expect me in that courtroom!" She told my older sister, the one who my mom's two granddaughters: "If you ever harm a hair on their heads... I will disown you! You will be dead to me!" during the Caylee Anthony case. She would never stand by us if we killed someone and I know she wouldn't. One time my sister was being really nasty to my mom and my sister said she was going to call HRS (DCF back then) and my mom handed her the phone and said: "When you're finished... make sure you call 911 because you'll need it."

My mom was not abusive in any way and loves us more than the world -- but she is not one of those parents that would support us no matter what and I love her for that. None of us have ever been in any kind of trouble!
====================================================

I respect that tough love position, and share it for the most part. However, people do get arrested unfairly, even while innocent.

My sons best friend was charged with date rape when they were in college. And he was INNOCENT. He was eventually proven to be innocent and all of the charges wwere dropped because she recanted.

But what if his parents had cut him off without bothering to hear him out? Innocent until proven guilty should be in the case of our kids too, imo.

Does anyone know if he's made bail yet? Or will that be secretive and he will be whisked away ala Anthony style?

His lawyer said it would be a few days as the judge ordered the details of living out of state would have to be worked out in a meeting between his lawyer, the SA and LE.

This is a huge point. The prosecutor will use it to impeach GZ. And this was in 30 seconds on the stand. It goes along with GZ saying he stopped following TM, but ended up very far from his car with TM, behind the homes. Can you imagine the inconsistencies that have been found during hours of police grilling? The jury will have to ask -- if he lied about this stuff -- can we believe his version of events at all?

I think based on what we saw today when Bernie de la Rionda questioned Zimmerman for those very few minutes, I'd say Zimmerman is in some deep doo-doo when this case makes it to trial. He's not going to remember anything he said in his interviews and I think the state will capitalize on every single discrepancy that Zimmerman has made. As bad as that will be, imagine what Bernie will do with Frank Taaffe, Zimmerman Sr. and Zimmerman Jr. I think Zimmerman can kiss his freedom goodbye for a very long time.

~jmo~

Does anyone know if he's made bail yet? Or will that be secretive and he will be whisked away ala Anthony style?

The judge stated he would not be making bond today. There are a lot of stipulations that have to be met and made before he leaves the jail.

~jmo~

He may have said on the 911 call that he thought TM was a kid. But later on when they were fighting, he may have decided he was older than that.

Especially since he was getting a whooping. I posted your exact thoughts earlier this afternoon.

Wish we had a poll, it would be interesting to known if anyone has changed their views one way or the other or gone on the fence since this mornings hearing.

Doubt it but still curious.

Body language expert on with Vinnie. GZ's apology was not sincere.

Wish we had a poll, it would be interesting to known if anyone has changed their views one way or the other or gone on the fence since this mornings hearing.

Doubt it but still curious.

Actually for me, it made me 100% more convinced that he's guilty and certainly explains to me why the prosecutors filed second degree murder charges against him. I've no doubt that he has a depraved mind and certainly proved that to me today beyond a reasonable doubt.

~jmo~

Body language expert on HLN assesses GZ as controlled and full of suppressed anger.

Dispatcher

Zimmerman

MOO

Mel

Yeah, and why did he even bring it up? It sounds like he's implying that he wouldn't have shot TM if he'd have known Trayvon was 17 but imo if GZ really was in fear for his life it wouldn't have mattered. I mean, who on earth gets his head bashed to the concrete and thinks, "I'm going to die soon if this goes on, but wait, how old is this guy? He looks 25, so, OK, I'll just shoot him. If he was 17 I'd have to die."

That's why prosecutors are confident and brought a murder charge. It's all fine when people believe GZ, saying he walked back toward his car and was attacked. But when he is cross-examined, it will not stand. I still think a murder conviction is going to be difficult -- but at this point I think a manslaughter conviction is looking like a slam dunk.

Could be tricky if the defense won't agree to lesser included offenses. A jury may have to decide on 2nd degree or acquittal. I'm not sure it works that way in Fla. but it does in some other states. JMO

Maybe a legal type can weigh in.

Body language expert on HLN assesses GZ as controlled and full of suppressed anger.

I would be full of suppressed anger if I was on trial for my life , if I thought it should be a self defense case. And who wouldn't be 'controlled' while on the witness stand at their own murder trial? How is he supposed to be?

Could be tricky if the defense won't agree to lesser included offenses. A jury may have to decide on 2nd degree or acquittal. I'm not sure it works that way in Fla. but it does in some other states. JMO

Maybe a legal type can weigh in.

Not a legal type but I read on another thread that lesser offenses ARE included. If I find something later, I'll post it.

Yeah, and why did he even bring it up? It sounds like he's implying that he wouldn't have shot TM if he'd have known Trayvon was 17 but imo if GZ really was in fear for his life it wouldn't have mattered. I mean, who on earth gets his head bashed to the concrete and thinks, "I'm going to die soon if this goes on, but wait, how old is this guy? He looks 25, so, OK, I'll just shoot him. If he was 17 I'd have to die."

I think what he was saying was that he thought he was older and armed, thus a bigger threat than he turned out to be. He was saying he didn't know he was just a kid with skittles, essentially.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rube Goldberg Variations