17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for this. After I asked you that I went back and looked at previous posts and found it. I guess I should pay closer attention, sorry about that.

Do teenagers do conference calls these days? We didn't...

Is there a link to support George running the length of a football field, chasing TM? TIA

From GZ vehicle to where he gunned down Trayvon = 233 feet = 78 yards; football field = 100 yards. It was five minutes from GZ vehicle to killing Trayvon per 911 calls. No links per se, see Concerned Papa's map & details in my prev post. :)

:moo:

The state has probably contacted T-Mobile directly to confirm the times of the phone calls. I seriously doubt they relied on an internet print out to prove a central part of their case.

This case had been on the top of my mind. It's caused some of my friends and I to argue a bit on Facebook. I'm very late to the discussion here, but my thoughts have always been why did George follow Trayvon? He was told by the 911 operator that he didn't need to do that. If he would have heeded the advice he received from a professional, none of this would have happened.

Also, he had a gun, Trayvon did not. George is not a cop and after reading the rules of the neighborhood watch association by the police woman who started the group, he was in the wrong for carrying a gun "while on the watch".

The rest of the facts are scattered, but really, those are two of the most important things to keep in mind. "Stand Your Ground" wouldn't apply here, in my opinion.

I just want to see justice for Trayvon. He did not deserve to die.

Nope, he didn't deserve to be brutally murdered that's for sure.

~jmo~

Yes, and you can do that with T-Mobile. CPapa has stated how, on-line, one must actually put their time zone in. If that is not done it would have said 10:12 PM. The default is PST.

But I think they will forfeit the bond if GZ absconds, so they will need to also come up with sufficient collateral to cover the entire amount in case that were to happen, no?. In that case, while they would only have to come up with $15k in cash, they would have to have an additional $135k in collateral -- home equity, for example, and execute the supporting documents in favor of the bonding company. jmo

--the bondsman on NG explained it differently.

--they would have to come up w/ 15,000.00 cash (non refundable).

--then, they would have to have security (Z Sr's house) for an additional 150,000.00

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1204/20/ng.01.html

GRACE: The big headline is that a bond has been granted to the tune of $150,000. Zimmerman does not have to cough up $150,000, to my understanding of the Florida law. In the jurisdiction where I practiced -- out to you, John Von Achen, bail bondsman, Orlando -- doesn`t he have to dig up 10 percent of that in order to get out of jail?

JOHN VON ACHEN, BAIL BONDSMAN (via telephone): Yes, he does, Nancy, $15,000.

GRACE: And what part of that, John Von Achen, can be the house? Can they put the house up for collateral?

VON ACHEN: Well, that`s a separate issue. The first thing is the 10 percent of the bond, and then the house will secure that $150,000.

GRACE: OK, repeat?

VON ACHEN: The 10 percent is the premium, 10 percent of the bond, and then the house can be used as collateral for the $150,000.

GRACE: I get it. I get it. With me is John Von Achen, bail bondsman out of that jurisdiction, Orlando. John, I`m not sure I get it. He puts the house up to secure the remainder, but he`s got to cough up $15,000 cash, right?

VON ACHEN: Somewhat. The $15,000 is the 10 percent. The indemnitors -- that would be his parents, who have already said in the hearing today that they would sign over their house -- their responsibility is $150,000. So they would put up their house and the bondsman would put a mortgage against the house for $150,000. But just concerning this bond. It`s for nothing else.

If GZ hadn't seen Trayvon that evening he may have seen and targeted him another night. He was hell-bent on catching himself a case and a criminal. IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO!

or heaven forbid the little 7 or 9-year-old that he reported to 911 previously. If it hadn't been Trayvon, I feel 100% certain it would have been someone else.

~jmo~

I was a teenager less than 10 years ago, and I remember making 3 way calls... I didn't have a cell phone back then, though.

I dont think he feared for his life until the physical fight. I dont believe he will have to show that he was in fear of losing his life the entire time, just in the few moments before he pulled his gun and used it.

I understand you see it different and i dont think either of us will know for sure until all the evidence comes out. I am prepared to accept this as a murder or manslaughter if that is what all the evidence shows.

*IF* this is the way it went down (and I don't for one second believe it), there is still something inherently wrong with a man chasing down a teenage boy and then, because he's getting his a$$ whooped, he whips out a 9mm and shoots him dead. :banghead:

In short, yes, the bail-bondsman keeps the 10% paid toward the bail.

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/bail-getting-out-of-jail-30225.html

Ok the way I understand it is that the 10% is like the interest payed upfront on a loan of $150,000 that the bondsman pays the bail with. The bondsman required something with the value of the whole bail amount to secure this loan. Right?

Unless the parents had paid for their house with cash I seriously doubt that GZ parents home has $150K equity. I think we will be seeing photos and paid interviews coming out soon

--then, they would have to have security (Z Sr's house) for an additional 150,000.00

GRACE: The big headline is that a bond has been granted to the tune of $150,000. Zimmerman does not have to cough up $150,000, to my understanding of the Florida law. In the jurisdiction where I practiced -- out to you, John Von Achen, bail bondsman, Orlando -- doesn`t he have to dig up 10 percent of that in order to get out of jail?

GRACE: And what part of that, John Von Achen, can be the house? Can they put the house up for collateral?

VON ACHEN: Well, that`s a separate issue. The first thing is the 10 percent of the bond, and then the house will secure that $150,000.

VON ACHEN: The 10 percent is the premium, 10 percent of the bond, and then the house can be used as collateral for the $150,000.

GRACE: I get it. I get it. With me is John Von Achen, bail bondsman out of that jurisdiction, Orlando. John, I`m not sure I get it. He puts the house up to secure the remainder, but he`s got to cough up $15,000 cash, right?

VON ACHEN: Somewhat. The $15,000 is the 10 percent. The indemnitors -- that would be his parents, who have already said in the hearing today that they would sign over their house -- their responsibility is $150,000. So they would put up their house and the bondsman would put a mortgage against the house for $150,000. But just concerning this bond. It`s for nothing else.

That is correct, the defendant (or family/friends) has to come up with the 10-15% that they give to the bail bondsman PLUS collateral for the entire amount, the bail bondsman then "guarantees" the entire amount and no matter what keeps the 10-15% as their fee. So in this case someone in the family is going to have to come up with $15,000 that they will hand over to a bail bondsman, plus put up something(s) as collateral to cover the entire $150,000. They will never get the $15,000 back no matter the outcome of the case.

or heaven forbid the little 7 or 9-year-old that he reported to 911 previously. If it hadn't been Trayvon, I feel 100% certain it would have been someone else.

~jmo~

But he reported that kid for his own SAFETY, not for any crime or anything. IIRC

Thanks for that. So according to that they don't count the bond premium toward the collateral. I would guess it's the collateral they're having a hard time coming up with, not so much the cash portion. Especially with the housing market the way it is in Florida and so many people having no equity or negative equity. jmoo

I haven't read all the threads about the TM shooting but have not seen anything about how often the teen visited his father and stepmother. How often did Trayvon stay with his dad and how well was he known in the gated community where his father lived? Did nearby neighbors of Tracy Martin and his fiancee know Trayvon, or did the youth not visit frequently enough to be introduced to dad's neighbors? DH and I certainly don't know about all the comings and goings in our neighborhood, but we are aware of frequent visitors to our close neighbors and their relationship to the homeowners.

Then why does it say "The date and time for all calls corresponds to Pacific Time (PST/PDT)."?

I don't think I'm asking unreasonable questions, and to characterize it as "jerking your chain" is a little much.

Can I ask where you came up with 7:28? Minutes don't change from time zone to time zone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998