17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but according to GZ, there was NO CHASE. He walked back to his car and was jumped from behind.

The state does have a witness who saw one person chasing, or running after, another person.

So how is that explained?

Witness only saw shadows from what I heard. For all we know it could have been that one kid that was out there with his dog that night.

I sure hate having to wait to hear all the details!

I haven't read all the threads about the TM shooting but have not seen anything about how often the teen visited his father and stepmother. How often did Trayvon stay with his dad and how well was he known in the gated community where his father lived? Did nearby neighbors of Tracy Martin and his fiancee know Trayvon, or did the youth not visit frequently enough to be introduced to dad's neighbors? DH and I certainly don't know about all the comings and goings in our neighborhood, but we are aware of frequent visitors to our close neighbors and their relationship to the homeowners.

I wonder about this early on the the case and googled it some. From what I found it seems his father still lived in the Miami area but came up on weekends to visit. Haven't seen anything that states how often Trayvon came with him.

But I think they will forfeit the bond if GZ absconds, so they will need to also come up with sufficient collateral to cover the entire amount in case that were to happen, no?. In that case, while they would only have to come up with $15k in cash, they would have to have an additional $135k in collateral -- home equity, for example, and execute the supporting documents in favor of the bonding company. jmo

Yes, they would have to provide collateral for the full amount.

And they forfeit the 10% even if GZ appears as scheduled.

It's expensive to be innocent-until-proven-guilty, eh?

The detective, who was on the stand for the bond hearing, admitted they have no witnesses or evidence of George Zimmerman chasing down Trayvon or who confronted who.:cow:

He also said that Zimmerman was out of his vehicle and Trayvon was on the path to his home. 2+2=

I think a more reasonable thing to do would be to actually HELP the kid instead of calling 911. Do we know if law enforcement ever found the kid?

Maybe, but personally I wouldn't know how to help someone who had been shot in the chest. I'd be afraid even to apply pressure to stop the bleeding, for fear I'd do more damage by pressing the shell into a vital organ or artery.

I can well see myself pacing back and forth with my hands on my head.

Witness only saw shadows from what I heard. For all we know it could have been that one kid that was out there with his dog that night.

I must have missed that there was a kid with his dog out that night. Do you have a link? TIA!

Yes, they would have to provide collateral for the full amount.

And they forfeit the 10% even if GZ appears as scheduled.

It's expensive to be innocent-until-proven-guilty, eh?

Well he could save his family a whole lot of money and better ensure his (and their) safety and stay in jail.

or heaven forbid the little 7 or 9-year-old that he reported to 911 previously. If it hadn't been Trayvon, I feel 100% certain it would have been someone else.

~jmo~

Are you referring to the 7- or 9-year old that was walking to school alone and on a busy street and GZ "reported" out of concern for the child's safety? That little 7- or 9-year old?

Maybe, but personally I wouldn't know how to help someone who had been shot in the chest. I'd be afraid even to apply pressure to stop the bleeding, for fear I'd do more damage by pressing the shell into a vital organ or artery.

I can well see myself pacing back and forth with my hands on my head.

Well you could at the very LEAST hold the poor kids hand, tell him you are sorry for killing him, and pray for forgiveness! But noooo, not ole' Georgie, his most important thought was to get someone to take pictures of the tiny, superficial SCRATCHES on the top of his head while a child laid dying at his feet!

when and whether poor GZ "feared' for his life. If the Prosecution can construct the scenario so that GZ was not engaged in lawful behavior at the time of the altercation then he has no right to invoke SYG. I have long believed that the only reason GZ followed TM was so that he could "capture" the burglar and hand him over to police or, if he "resisted' then just shoot the guy. I don't think he cared and he might have even been so "fed up" that he preferred to shoot at that point. He was so sick of all those a$%hole burglars getting away and here was his chance to make sure this a#$hole never committed another burglary and impress LE and his neighbors in the process.

I firmly believe letting people who engage in this type of pursuit claim SYG is absurd but it does seem to fly in FL. I couldn't believe the guy who shot two people who had broken into his neighbors garage got off but in FL it appears to be an acceptable reaction. And I have no issue with people who have guns. I think the NRA takes it too far as exhibited by this law but hopefully states are starting to take a look at this and listen to LE who oppose it and see how it is being misused and how easy it would be to further misuse it as people get more creative in setting up a SYG case when they want to kill someone-I have to say it doesn't appear to be very hard.

*IF* this is the way it went down (and I don't for one second believe it), there is still something inherently wrong with a man chasing down a teenage boy and then, because he's getting his a$$ whooped, he whips out a 9mm and shoots him dead. :banghead:

I must have missed that there was a kid with his dog out that night. Do you have a link? TIA!

That's been reported from the start. 13 year old was walking his dog, saw one man on the ground screaming for help, the dog run away and 13 year old run after the dog. Then he and his sister (I believe) called 911.

Yep, and since the dog run away 13 year old took off after the dog.

Yes, he did. It's being reported in the news and I was watching the bond hearing. The state was not prepared. jmo

The detective who testified did not receive a subpoena and was not the person who MOM should have been asking the questions. The detective who testified did not do any initial interviews. That was done by SPD. All the SA investigator did was to compile all the information for the affidavit. MOM knew that when he asked those questions. The state can't have the detective testify as to a fact when this investigator did not gather the information first hand. That was what done initially by SPD. AC was asked to take over the case and review the evidence and make a decision as to whether or not GZ should be charged. Which is what they did. jmo

Yep, and since the dog run away 13 year old took off after the dog.

The witness said there were two people running. Unless the dog can run fast on it's hind legs I think it is clearly not the boy with the dog. jmo

All eyes on Fla. jail as Zimmerman awaits release...

SANFORD, Fla. (AP) — All eyes remain on the Florida jail where the man charged with murdering 17-year-old Trayvon Martin is awaiting release on bail, and it could be several days before he leaves.
George Zimmerman's attorney was still working Sunday to secure the money for bail and a safe place for the 28-year-old neighborhood watch volunteer to stay. But residents in Sanford, where Martin was killed, don't expect a ruckus once Zimmerman is released.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...vnlgsA?docId=40dc89a7446e4910b78d630dc8774442

The witness said there were two people running. Unless the dog can run fast on it's hind legs I think it is clearly not the boy with the dog. jmo

Yea, well, witnesses aren't always accurate. Especially if all someone saw are the "shadows."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288