17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on the transcript I just posted above, it seems like there was a text message or email sent from Zimmerman about a reverend as well. I'm guessing this must have been Reverend Sharpton?

~jmo~

Sounds like it, huh? I sure hope we get to hear every last word of all the relevant emails.

Zimmerman Attorney Says Apology Was Ill-timed...
Published on 23 April 2012 Comments (Be the first)

by Associated Press

(AP and OfficialWire)

The attorney for George Zimmerman, the Florida neighborhood watch volunteer charged in the fatal shooting of an unarmed teen, now says Zimmerman wouldn't have apologized during the bond hearing if they'd known the teen's family felt it was the wrong time.

http://news.officialwire.com/main.php?action=posted_news&rid=276494

Zimmerman’s Attorney Apologizes For Apology

Mark O’Mara said on “CBS This Morning” he did not understand the victim’s family would find the timing of his remarks inappropriate.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/04/23/zimmermans-attorney-apologizes-for-apology/

Oh, GMAFB! :furious:

The non-apology went over like a lopsided turd in a punchbowl so now he's trying to do damage control. And there was way more wrong with it than 'timing'.

IMO

Here's the transcript of the exchange HiHater...

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And in that phone did you receive or send text messages sir.

ZIMMERMAN: Yes, sir.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Did you ever make any reference to a reverend?

O'MARA: Objection, your honor. Outside the scope.

JUDGE LESTER: Sustained.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Did you ever make any reference to Mr. Martin, the father of the victim?

JUDGE LESTER: Sustained. You're getting a little bit far away.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I apologize your honor. My question is he was asked in terms of apology to the family and I'd like to be able to address that if I could. JUDGE LESTER: I think you can classify that whether or not he asked the apology. I don't want to get into other areas.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Yes, sir.

JUDGE LESTER: Thank you.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: My question is, Mr. Zimmerman, do you recall sending a message to someone, an e-mail, about referring to the victim's father?

ZIMMERMAN: No, sir. I don't.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And just to anticipate, I guess -- is the court ruling that I can't ask him about the statements he made to the police in terms of his limited testimony? I just want to -- before I get that out don't want to be trying to ask the question and objections being made.

JUDGE LESTER: You've already anticipated and you can anticipate my ruling.

What is quite revealing from this line of questioning is that it means that LE allowed him to KEEP his phone after the murder.........it wasn't taken in as evidence, even though he had used it at the scene after the murder, and in order to make the call to the dispatcher earlier.....

jmo

"...a lop-sided turd in a punch bowl..." Best description ever!

Couldn't the phone have been examined, all the needed info be taken from it, and then returned to GZ before he left the station?

What is quite revealing from this line of questioning is that it means that LE allowed him to KEEP his phone after the murder.........it wasn't taken in as evidence, even though he had used it at the scene after the murder, and in order to make the call to the dispatcher earlier.....

jmo

You appear to be correct raeann. Jeez, talk about a botched investigation. Good grief.

~jmo~

Good morning everyone, I'm only on page 14, you guys are relly great, reading all these posts is like reading a good mystery book :) very interesting! So...GZ wanted to give an apology, GZ gave an apology, GZ wanted to get out of jail, GZ got out of jail (makes me wonder why he was even arrested???) GZ wanted to live out of state, GZ is going to live out of state, (as if Florida is the only state where people are upset about this case) I've said it before, I'll say it again, " I believe this is another criminal who has become the victim" Now back to reading :)

jmo

It wouldn't surprise me if he walked out of that police station with everything he came in with minus the gun. I wonder if the police swabbed his head before EMS cleaned it up, if they took samples from his hands (gun residue, DNA from his fingernails, etc) and if they even took his jacket, shirt, pants, holster, belt, shoes, anything other than the gun.

Oh, GMAFB! :furious:

The non-apology went over like a lopsided turd in a punchbowl so now he's trying to do damage control. And there was way more wrong with it than 'timing'.

IMO
IMO/JMO
Yep. But I keep thinking MOM didn't just fall off the turnip truck yesterday. :)
Something made him feel that tactically Z HAD to "apologize" then, even though MOM knew it would look inappropriate.

Here's the transcript of the exchange HiHater...

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And in that phone did you receive or send text messages sir.

ZIMMERMAN: Yes, sir.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Did you ever make any reference to a reverend?

O'MARA: Objection, your honor. Outside the scope.

JUDGE LESTER: Sustained.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Did you ever make any reference to Mr. Martin, the father of the victim?

JUDGE LESTER: Sustained. You're getting a little bit far away.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I apologize your honor. My question is he was asked in terms of apology to the family and I'd like to be able to address that if I could. JUDGE LESTER: I think you can classify that whether or not he asked the apology. I don't want to get into other areas.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Yes, sir.

JUDGE LESTER: Thank you.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: My question is, Mr. Zimmerman, do you recall sending a message to someone, an e-mail, about referring to the victim's father?

ZIMMERMAN: No, sir. I don't.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And just to anticipate, I guess -- is the court ruling that I can't ask him about the statements he made to the police in terms of his limited testimony? I just want to -- before I get that out don't want to be trying to ask the question and objections being made.

JUDGE LESTER: You've already anticipated and you can anticipate my ruling.

I do think I like this seemly no nonsense judge. Wouldn't be surprised if someone finds a way to get him off this case.

I agree that I don't buy the 'he didn't know they didn't want to hear the apology' bit but MOM isn't stupid, all of this stuff is for a reason and if he was my attorney, I'd want him doing the same thing.

He is defending GZ and IMO is doing a pretty good job so far.

IMHO..Diabolical underhanded tactics any attorney uses to defend their clients should/can never be referred to as... doing a "good" job...JMHO

Couldn't the phone have been examined, all the needed info be taken from it, and then returned to GZ before he left the station?

How could they possibly KNOW what they needed from it with NO INVESTIGATION of the crime? For all they knew right then, he could have KNOWN who TM was and been harassing him/his family with calls for MONTHS! They had no clue who TM was when GZ was released, no clue where he lived, NOTHING at all. We hear all the time how getting phone records and text logs etc. takes days/ weeks......they aren't ALL retained in a phone, and the LE tech experts don't just happen to be hanging around waiting to examine a phone in the middle of a Sunday night.

jmo

How could they possibly KNOW what they needed from it with NO INVESTIGATION of the crime? For all they knew right then, he could have KNOWN who TM was and been harassing him/his family with calls for MONTHS! They had no clue who TM was when GZ was released, no clue where he lived, NOTHING at all. We hear all the time how getting phone records and text logs etc. takes days/ weeks......they aren't ALL retained in a phone, and the LE tech experts don't just happen to be hanging around waiting to examine a phone in the middle of a Sunday night.

jmo

Thank God, phone records can't be altered.

~jmo~

The cellphone could have had bodily fluids, other than GZ's, grass and/or dirt on it. We know that even if they did keep his jacket that the un-gloved officer's touch DNA would be found on the back of it.

I do think I like this seemly no nonsense judge. Wouldn't be surprised if someone finds a way to get him off this case.

No nonsense? He allowed the apology, but wouldn't allow impeachment...

I reserve judgment of the judge, though...

jmo

THIS! I've always wondered if the police ever explored the possibility that they were known to each other...

I know that they were not, but knowing if police explored this would be an indication of how in-depth the investigation was IMO

You appear to be correct raeann. Jeez, talk about a botched investigation. Good grief.

~jmo~
In reference to myself, I view the investigation as being intentionally botched.. Am also willing to state it's quite probable investigating this botched investigation may very well be botched too... Seems alot of botching going on...JMHO..

jmo
There was mention that the reason they didn't notify Trayvon's father was because TM had no ID on him. BUT HE DID. TM had a cellphone and LE often looks through the call log to ID victims and criminals. All one has to do to know this is to have watched Crime 360*...especially the ones that were taped out of Richmond, VA.

Apparently, they didn't bother to even check TM's phone.

IMHO..Diabolical underhanded tactics any attorney uses to defend their clients should/can never be referred to as... doing a "good" job...JMHO

I disagree, I don't think anything is under handed. MOM has not bent any rules that I know of so far.

No nonsense? He allowed the apology, but wouldn't allow impeachment...

I reserve judgment of the judge, though...

Maybe you didn't notice the part of the quote I highlighted.

"JUDGE LESTER: You've already anticipated and you can anticipate my ruling."

Other than that, I did like that the judge doesn't seem like he is going to allow the lawyers to go down the rabbit hole and is going to keep them on track.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288