17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM I don't know if I am blind or stupid or hallucinating, or what, but in the quote you posted downthread, Bondi does not say that the girlfriend was not cooperating with LE. She said she didn't know if [the girlfriend cooperating] had been happening previously.

Also the link doesn't work, but the quote says nothing about the Feds. Perhaps in the piece in its entirety, but again the link didn't work.

Thanks for letting me know the link wasn't working. I corrected it, but here it is:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1203/27/pmt.01.html

And thank you for pointing out that I did say Feds. I am so sorry for making that mistake. You are correct. The GF wouldn't talk to LE but did talk to the SP. I know that I read somewhere else that after she talked to the SP she talked to the Feds. Sorry again.

I wonder if Trayvon had his house keys in his hands and that's what caused the gashes on GZ's head?

Anyone think keys could cause GZ's head injuries?

Did he have any keys? I didn't see any mention of it when they described what was in his pockets. I heard 22 dollars, an iced tea and the skittles.

I wonder if Trayvon had his house keys in his hands and that's what caused the gashes on GZ's head?

Anyone think keys could cause GZ's head injuries?

That would explain TM's hands not being messed up. If I were being attacked I would use the method of "keying" I learned years ago, key their eyes out! I'm not sure what is accomplished by keying someone's head, but it is definitely a thought.

I found the transcript so I am posting a link below. I think it is the same link so I don't know why it didn't work.

Anyhoo.

Again there is nothing about the GF cooperating only after the Feds became involved.

I just finished responding to your post about letting me know about the link not working (I corrected it) and apologizing for saying Feds when it was the SP.

Thanks for letting me know the link wasn't working. I corrected it, but here it is:

And thank you for pointing out that I did say Feds. I am so sorry for making that mistake. You are correct. The GF wouldn't talk to LE but did talk to the SP. I know that I read somewhere else that after she talked to the SP she talked to the Feds. Sorry again.

BBM. If you are referring to what Bondi says in your link, she does not say this.

ETA for clarification: She does not say that the GF wouldn't talk to LE.

Thanks but I found a Klondike Bar and it's gone already. lol

LOL, I have those too! Funny thing is, I rarely even eat sweets, but my boyfriend and DD can't "live" without dessert. Now me, give me the salty treats!

I believe we should all read what GrandmaJ said about the girlfriend, again. This case hasn't even made it beyond the bond hearing, it would be a shame to get the thread shut down. :moo:

Thanks Adrienne, for reminding all of us. :seeya:

JMO
From grandmaj's link.

"We are asking that you treat this child as a victim, not make wild accusations about her or her motivations unless you can back it up. You can question the truth in what she is saying and you can discuss how it may look or be challenged in court. But the personal characterizations and discussions about this minor are not allowed. She is a victim."

What we are discussing will likely be brought up in court since she is mentioned in the charging document. No one is putting her down, there's no reason to, she is perfectly innocent in the death of TM. Tracy Martin called her, she didn't call him, so I don't at all believe she has ulterior motives.
JMO

That's what he said. Don't know if that was a mistake or there is more that we don't know. One of the witnesses on the phone with 911 said he heard two shots... or at least thought he did. Time will tell?

It sounded like two shots in at least one of the 911 calls. Was weird considering the gun was fired once.

From grandmaj's link.

"We are asking that you treat this child as a victim, not make wild accusations about her or her motivations unless you can back it up. You can question the truth in what she is saying and you can discuss how it may look or be challenged in court. But the personal characterizations and discussions about this minor are not allowed. She is a victim."

What we are discussing will likely be brought up in court since she is mentioned in the charging document. No one is putting her down, there's no reason to, she is perfectly innocent in the death of TM. Tracy Martin called her, she didn't call him, so I don't at all believe she has ulterior motives.
JMO
I wasn't aware that the girl has said anything lately, if anything at all. You are correct, she is an innocent victim. :moo:

I hide them behind the frozen chicken parts in the basement freezer so my kids can't eat them. Is that wrong? I figure they will gladly eat inferior ice cream so why even get them used to better stuff so that they will only be disappointed by the types of ice cream they will be most routinely served? I'm doing it for THEM!

:floorlaugh: I love this comment. What a good parent you are, making sure your children aren't set up for disappointment later in life!

BBM. If you are referring to what Bondi says in your link, she does not say this.

"BONDI: Well, what we've done is appoint a special prosecutor. And that's what she's doing. Conducting a thorough investigation because we need to get Trayvon's girlfriend to cooperate which I don't know if was happening previously. And they may have had good reason for that. But she's cooperating now. And again, a thorough investigation is being done to ensure that justice is sought for that family.

But you can't make an arrest until you interview all the witnesses, Piers."

BEM: I find it hard to believe Bondi didn't know whether or not the g/f talked to SPD.

I think one can infer from Bondi's statement above, that she likely did not talk to them, and going on Crump's revelation about the phone call, SPD probably didn't know about her. JMO

I wasn't aware that the girl has said anything lately, if anything at all. You are correct, she is an innocent victim. :moo:

Yes, she spoke in an exclusive interview on ABC on March 20 or 21.

It sounded like two shots in at least one of the 911 calls. Was weird considering the gun was fired once.

Only one shot is heard on any of 911 tapes. Whatever other noises are there on the tapes these noises are nowhere near as loud as a single shot. Only one bullet was missing from the gun.

One of the attorneys, Jackson (forget 1st name), said GZ fired a "warning shot"..:floorlaugh:

She later said it could have been echo.

Only one shot is heard on any of 911 tapes. Whatever other noises are there on the tapes these noises are nowhere near as loud as a single shot. Only one bullet was missing from the gun.

I clearly heard two shots on one 911 call. I jumped twice.

Your post left me with the impression that you were concerned and disgusted that no one was attending to TM while the photograph was being shot. Goodness, that would be negligent! Anyway, I thought the report might help assuage your concern.

Just FYI - Taking a picture "close up" doesn't mean the photographer has to be standing over the person - there are features on smart phones that make it possible to zoom in from quite a distance away - my iPhone has a zoom feature such as this. Whomever took the photo could have been on a second floor even. JMO

Do you honestly expect anyone to believe from the angle, etc of that picture that it was taken from a distance, that it "could" have been taken from a second floor? Guess what I didn't just fall off the turnip truck yesterday.

And YES I am disgusted that who ever took that picture was more concerned about documenting the TEENY, TINY SCRATCHES on GZ's head than about the dying child lying at their feet!

BBM

BONDI: Well, what we've done is appoint a special prosecutor. And that's what she's doing. Conducting a thorough investigation because we need to get Trayvon's girlfriend to cooperate which I don't know if was happening previously. And they may have had good reason for that. But she's cooperating now. And again, a thorough investigation is being done to ensure that justice is sought for that family

When Bondi says "because we need to get Trayvon's girlfriend to cooperate" I take that to mean she wasn't cooperating with LE. When Bondi says "they may have had good reason for that" I take that to mean she didn't trust the LE enough to talk. Of course thats my interpretation and you may read it differently, but IMO the bottom line was that the GF wasn't cooperating, but is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth