The Rumor Mill -- unsubstantiated, yet possible relevant information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I don't have that add on my screen - right now.... :waitasec: One of the fascinating, and perhaps compelling, aspects of this case in particular is the combination of sex and power. I don't care how you cut it, slice it, or dice it, those two human traits/pursuits are powerful elements of crime, intrigue, art, and history. This case is of particular interest because it involves sex workers who were obviously struggling in life, but their deaths have become linked with the lives of people who are weathy, powerful, and possibly protected by other powerful people in their little community. And to top off the intrique of these cases, you have to add in the element of the internet. The victims were contacted by the internet, and I can guarantee you that the killer has read the postings on this forum. The world doesn't really change much, except in the way we communicate. My focus remains on the fact that the victims did not deserve what happened to them... Would I have made the choices they made in life? He!! no.... but then again, I haven't led the life they did. Would I call all of these women (and men and toddler) my friend? YES!!!! I value human life, and I value the dignity that should be inherrent in that life. I despise anyone who could deem himself judge, jury, and executioner of these victims. I am in this until the very end because I want justice... the victims deserve that. Sorry for the long post.... I guess the recent rumors have created frustration because they are just that - rumors. I want facts - and justice.

Agreed! I just thought it was an odd coincidence. We may all get different ads, but I'm sure someone else must have seen it, too. No big deal. And for the record, there was nothing going on in my trousers. The girl in the ad looked horrible lol

:laugh::laugh::laugh:
And for the record, there was nothing going on in my trousers. The girl in the ad looked horrible lol

We all have our standards, huh? :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

This may be slightly off topic, but I had to say something. Here we are, discussing the murder of several girls whom were sex workers, and in the upper right hang corner of this page is an ad saying "Be Naughty. Meet local singles tonight." And features a woman sitting by herself on a bed. This strike anyone else as highly ironic?

I hve a travel ad for Europe in my right hand corner.

<modsnipped> I am here to get justice for those people who made bad decisions but did not deserve to murdered for it.

Yea, we can talk about murder and the like but we cant cannibalize our group. :seeya:

I have one for SpyNet Night Vision Surveillance Goggles and one ammotogo.com ad. damm.

Well, I don't have that add on my screen - right now.... :waitasec: One of the fascinating, and perhaps compelling, aspects of this case in particular is the combination of sex and power. I don't care how you cut it, slice it, or dice it, those two human traits/pursuits are powerful elements of crime, intrigue, art, and history. This case is of particular interest because it involves sex workers who were obviously struggling in life, but their deaths have become linked with the lives of people who are weathy, powerful, and possibly protected by other powerful people in their little community. And to top off the intrique of these cases, you have to add in the element of the internet. The victims were contacted by the internet, and I can guarantee you that the killer has read the postings on this forum. The world doesn't really change much, except in the way we communicate. My focus remains on the fact that the victims did not deserve what happened to them... Would I have made the choices they made in life? He!! no.... but then again, I haven't led the life they did. Would I call all of these women (and men and toddler) my friend? YES!!!! I value human life, and I value the dignity that should be inherrent in that life. I despise anyone who could deem himself judge, jury, and executioner of these victims. I am in this until the very end because I want justice... the victims deserve that. Sorry for the long post.... I guess the recent rumors have created frustration because they are just that - rumors. I want facts - and justice.

Speaking of the killer more than likely visiting this site, I always wondered why there hasn't been more of a case made for using the technology this guy uses to contact his victims against him. If I'm right, and I may not be, a cell phone has no IP address. It accesses the web by connecting to an external server (set-up by the provider, and only designed to operate a set number of phones) with an IPv4 address. The devices that operate on this server do so via an IPv6 or MAC address to communicate through that IPv4 internet proxy server I mentioned above. With today's smartphones, this has never been faster, or easier to do with a mobile device. So if he were to use his cell to visit Craigslist and view the ads that way, the IP address, more or less, would remain unchanged, but rather generic as mobile companies don't use the traditional *advertiser censored*.*advertiser censored*.*advertiser censored*.*advertiser censored*. structure, simply because there are WAY too many phones to give each it's own unique IP address. Therefore, that seems like it might be difficult to track down. And I have no idea if company's like Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile even keep track of such mobile internet use. Now, if he were to use his home computer to access Craigslist (assuming his provider doesn't change) his IP remains the same and is, in contrast, easily traced. Finding the ads these girls posted on the website, and then matching up an IP address which had viewed all the victims ads at some point seems somewhat obvious. Doesn't it? Maybe I'm over, or underthinking this, but even if those particular ads posted by each victim received thousands of views, locating an IP that visited them all would be somewhat easy. Now, if multiple IP addresses visited them (which is very likely) you then have more than one suspect to look into. If he is going to a place like a public library or an internet cafe to gain internet access (which seems very unlikely), it could make it much more difficult to track the individual down. We know he uses throw away phones registered to the likes of Mickey Mouse. So I don't think his identity will be found via that avenue, but on the internet (computer) you leave a trail that can be rather easily followed wherever you go. Maybe I'm just spinning my wheels here. Has there ever been any word or reports from the media or friends/family of the victims if they had access to the deceased persons e-mail account(s)? I know it's highly unlikely this guy e-mails these chicks and says "Hey, let's hang out." But who knows? He's gotten more brazen as time has gone on. Anything is possible. Berkowitz got caught because of a parking ticket. What are the odds of that happening? Food for thought.

LISK will be named today,truth you owe everyone a beer!

No he wont, but I will provide beers for any local anyway. Come to the Blue Point Brewery any Saturday, the beers are on me I'll meet you there wearing my CPH = LISK t-shirt. If you believe nursery man is the lisk then you probably believe Cotto has a chance against Mayweather tonight, lol, don't believe the hype. Hype sells because suckers buy it, you believed homes were worth double what they should be in 2006 too didn't you? Be honest. Just because everyone on Long Island is talking about a rumor doesn't give truth to it. Look through the noise and focus on real data. And by all means, in the name of all that is holy, DO NOT BUY FACEBOOK STOCK, that company has less intellectual property than Hackett's strap on.

One more thing, Jamie Lee Curtis is not a hermaphrodite, and Richard Gere never had a gerbil corked in his bung.

No he wont, but I will provide beers for any local anyway. Come to the Blue Point Brewery any Saturday, the beers are on me. If you believe nursery man is the lisk then you probably believe Cotto has a chance against Mayweather tonight, lol, don't believe the hype. Hype sells because suckers buy it, you believed homes were worth double what they should be in 2006 too didn't you? Be honest.

only quoting ncpd and he is responsible for manorville and gilgo and he lived in manorville a few years back.and also the only news channel that announced this was wbab radio last nite!

Although roger and JP are funny.....They are not at the top of my list for serial killer research.

This topix rumor really grew legs rather quickly. So now NCPD is going to make the announcement?? Why?:waitasec:

Although roger and JP are funny.....They are not at the top of my list for serial killer research.

This topix rumor really grew legs rather quickly. So now NCPD is going to make the announcement?? Why?:waitasec:[/QUO

maybe,since all bodies and parts were found in both counties.

I think the cops should come out and put this rumor to rest however. The guy is dead, the family is trying to heal from a suicide. All of these rumors name cops as sources. I think it would be the classy thing for SCPD to come out and say the guy is not a suspect. Even if they just have a press conference about some ******** and just slip that remark in. I have experienced friends suicides and the aftermath is not pretty. Let these people be.

Jenny,
All due respect. This is a Suffolk county case. SCPD has been making every other announcement about this case and now all of the sudden they are going to hand the reigns to NCPD?
Come on

Jenny,
All due respect. This is a Suffolk county case. SCPD has been making every other announcement about this case and now all of the sudden they are going to hand the reigns to NCPD?
Come on

it s involved ncpd since they found the manorville parts in nassau so yes both are involved

Jenny,
Come on

also state police lets not forget

I have been reading the topix board all week and all that we have heard is "tomorrow there will be an announcement". Then tomorrow comes, and "the announcement is the next day".

I highly suspect that what is going around on there is just rumors. I think the police would not sit on this info and it would be public knowledge by now.

And, if these are rumors, the actions of those spreading these rumors are completely deplorable--using these horrible murders as an opportunity to ruin a dead man's reputation as well as dragging his family through the mud AS WELL AS having no recognition for the feelings of the families of the girls who were found on Ocean Pkwy.

I have been reading the topix board all week and all that we have heard is "tomorrow there will be an announcement". Then tomorrow comes, and "the announcement is the next day".

I highly suspect that what is going around on there is just rumors. I think the police would not sit on this info and it would be public knowledge by now.

And, if these are rumors, the actions of those spreading these rumors are completely deplorable--using these horrible murders as an opportunity to ruin a dead man's reputation as well as dragging his family through the mud AS WELL AS having no recognition for the feelings of the families of the girls who were found on Ocean Pkwy.

In doing a quick Google, it seems this rumor all originates back to one comment board. If there is no truth to it, its very shameful that someone made it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eleanor D.