Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I sit up happily in my bed, surrounded by my children on this Mothers Day, I am overcome by a wave of grief for Allison, her children and her parents. This will be an especially hard day for them. She should be with her family right now and someone has taken that away from them all.

This whole site is full of missing children and their parents, it's just so sad. May they ALL get justice.

True where are you for it to be Mother Day today ?

My husband is a MORON, lol

Please apply that comment to next Sunday

hahaha True, you gave me a moment of pure panic that I had forgotten my mum, the only consolation being, I could tell her I was forgotten as well!!!

Haha... You think you're surprised, i have cards and presents here and I just finished my breakfast in bed

He goes "I meant to check, but there's just been so much advertising for it, I was positive it was today" ugh

Haha... You think you're surprised, i have cards and presents here and I just finished my breakfast in bed

That is hilarous ,, oh well look on the bright side you get 2 Mothers Days

I'm another one who has been sitting back and reading these threads. As a Brisbane person this case is fascinating as normally I am reading things on WebSleuths that happen in the US. This case is basically occurring in my backyard (I live about 25 minutes away) and that is what is so hard for Brisbane people to get their head around. This sort of thing doesn't often occur here but of late we've had some major crime happening including shootings, extended car chases, and now this.

I believe, though, that whilst the majority of people here are doing the right thing and discussing what is known to try to make sense of this senseless tragedy that some are letting the rumours and innuendos take over the judgement. This also concerns me, as it does others, that a fair trial may not be able to occur due to people already being in a certain mindset. I agree with the previous posters who used Lindy Chamberlain and Dennis Ferguson as examples of this. Both Lindy and Dennis were convicted in the media prior to court cases which devalued the process.

I think we all need to just discuss what we know and wait for the police to do what they do best - catch the culprit. Until they make an arrest we should all keep open minds so as not to ruin the chances of justice prevailing.

After signing out last night i thought to myself we should only be discussing stuff that the police have already talked about. All the stuff about affairs, previous DV, business/financial problems etc shouldn't really be discussed unless there is proof. If the police thought there was previous DV i would be thinking they wouldn't let the kids be in the house with him.

My husband is a MORON, lol

Please apply that comment to next Sunday

LOL i'm a moron too i always thought mothers day was the first sunday of may. I just rang my partners mum to wish her a happy mothers day and to see if she wanted to come up and spend the day with us.

I'm interested in the theory of the sim card being put there as a distraction, not sure of it's relevance or who would have done it, but there could be a few theories.

I'm surprised that her phone wasn't found, they had it down to a 150m area didn't they? I wonder if they did find it but haven't released that they have.

I think that QPS have done so well with the media and releasing info etc. I also think that some things could have been done or info released just to guage reactions or to either stress out or make the POI relax. There is so much psychology involved with all of this.

I'm so sad for ABC and her children, it's just heart wrenching.

After signing out last night i thought to myself we should only be discussing stuff that the police have already talked about. All the stuff about affairs, previous DV, business/financial problems etc shouldn't really be discussed unless there is proof. If the police thought there was previous DV i would be thinking they wouldn't let the kids be in the house with him.

Good points - the police will arrest on hard evidence not rumours,.

I am concerened that there will not be enouge evidence for arrest let alone a conviction ... especially considering he has top barrister who has faced these sorts of situations. It could be some time before he is charged

However your last point about DV and kids - it happens everyday men who have AVO's having access to their kids .. the thinking is .."he was violentt to her not the kids." So that doesnt show anything either way .

LOL i'm a moron too i always thought mothers day was the first sunday of may. I just rang my partners mum to wish her a happy mothers day and to see if she wanted to come up and spend the day with us.

Thanks, you just made me feel better...lol. Glad I'm not the only one and I'm glad you guys alerted me to it, after I finished my bacon and eggs my next step was to phone my own mother.

Yes they would. DV is only considered a risk of harm to the children while it is happening. Considering ABC is now deceased, if there was DV occuring in the house this is no longer an issue that would constitute a reason to remove the children.

As a child of a household where DV between my parents was common, and at times very, very violent, I was never physically harmed because of it. Yes I was afraid for my mums safety and I hated what was happening, I never felt that my dad was going to hit or hurt me. I just stayed in my room and cried.

I am not stating that this is what happened in their household, just pointing out that DV doesn't necessarily involve hurting the children.

There has been no recent mention of the phone in the media these past few days. Doesn't state if they are still looking for it. So it is possible that the phone has been found and that information not released. As it's been pointed out before, the police aren't likely to publish everything they find. Got to keep the person responsible on their toes, not knowing how much or how little the police know.

Yeah I agree in regards to him having the kids, they would deem him as not at risk of harm. It never surprised me that they're with him.

I think if GBC had a problem he would call his father. The roundabout is on the route between their homes. I think the police want to see BC senior went to visit GBC between 11pm and 4am to either verify an alibi or follow up on a possible late night phone call found in phone records.

Ive got to thinking about the position of Allisons body also. It would make sense if he stopped in the middle of the bridge, the body would have ended up directly in the middle probably in the water. However if there are blind corners or he didnt want to tak the chance someone would come along, it would be less suspect if he pulled off the road, a little after the bridge and carried her back and put her over the edge as soon as he estimated there would be a drop. Does anyone know if there is anywhere you can pull over to the side after the guard rail ends?

I've just realised that they haven't found who shot that guy at Eight Mile Plains either. Sad that it can take so long for such horrible crimes to be resolved. So hard on the families of the victims.

I think if GBC had a problem he would call his father. The roundabout is on the route between their homes. I think the police want to see BC senior went to visit GBC between 11pm and 4am to either verify an alibi or follow up on a possible late night phone call found in phone records.

IMO you are spot on. If gbc is the perp, he needed help. Even if it was just to get his story straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member