Trial Thread 7 May 2012 - Closing Arguments, Defense then the Crown

Status
Not open for further replies.
RaffertyLFP: Derstine suggested McClintic was listening to her MP3 player and listening to Necro while abducting Tori

OMG again!! LOl Does this lawyer hear that song over and over again in his head since he heard it..

I have to agree with one point, it is very coincedental that TLM took Tori of all kids but again there are parts of this story that the jury, her parents nor we have heard. Maybe his client wants to fill us in?? All I can tell you is that pimp testimony combined with the abduction and rape of this child will make that question seem unimportant IMO

RaffertyLFP: Derstine says listening to Necro was a detail McClintic should have remembered including lyrics of attack on child

RaffertyLFP: Derstine explains a "decision tree" to jury - a guide to possible verdicts

Derstine says jurors will get a decision tree from Justice Heeney. It's a road map of deciding evidence in the case.

The question of "Who Hit Tori Stafford with a Hammer?" will have a clear answer, he says.

RaffertyLFP: Destine says credibility of McClintic is central to the case "You should have an extremely hard time believing anything she says"

RaffertyLFP: Derstine asks jury to consider why McClintic continues to lie

If jurors believe McClintic, their task will be easy, he says. Derstine says it's dangerous to depend on her to decide the case.

If McClintic said Rafferty hit Tori on the head, the crown would be using the same evidence, Derstine says.

RaffertyLFP: Derstine says the notebook seized from McClintic laying out proposed alibis also shows she was mastermind

If McClintic is remorseful, why is she still lying to you? Derstine asks.

RaffertyLFP: Derstine says one entry says repeatedly "i don't know Tori Stafford" so she won't forget

McClintic repeatedly said she didn't know Tori Stafford in her notebook.

Derstine says he has never met Justin Bieber, but doesn't need notes to remind himself if that.

Avery Moore ‏ @AveryFreeFMNews
Derstine tells jury it would be, "dangerous if not impossible to rely on her testimony in order to convict," of McClintic.

None of us wants a child rapist killer to go free.
None of us wants anyone to go to jail for life because he was ignorance of the intentions of a demented teen.

If he is sentenced to 25 years for leaving VS under a pile of rocks then so be it...punish him for his involvement not the rants of a professional liar.

I agree 100% +10

He will end up serving time period ( i cant see it any other way ) but I do not want his TRUE crimes to go unpunished nor do i want him to be charged with something he did not possibly do.

Should he have taken the stand and told his side, Sure. But sometimes we put our faith in our systems and people who we think know more then us, and hope for the best.

So many people were jumping all over that MR's family and friends threw him to wayside because we haven't heard from them and thought that proved his guilt only to hear today that at least mom has been there and feels her son is innocent.

After implicating Rafferty, McClintic admitted to police, but not the court, that she wrote down the alibi notes in her book.

RaffertyLFP: Derstine suggests that McClintic was" the calculating one" who came up with this

After implicating Rafferty, McClintic admitted to police, but not the court, that she wrote down the alibi notes in her book.

RaffertyLFP: Derstine suggests that McClintic was" the calculating one" who came up with this

And what reason would she have to write down her own alibi????

Derstine suggests writing the scenarios out makes her the driving force. At trial, she said she avoided answering Smyth's question on May 24

But, transcript says otherwise, Derstine says.

Derstine says jury should scrub their minds if what McClibtic said about Home Depot.

Avery Moore ‏ @AveryFreeFMNews
Derstine questions why McClintic would write down in her journal that she didn't know #ToriStafford in fake scenarios.

He says the reliable evidence from the Home Depot was the withdrawal, and McClintic's purchase. She placed the items in the trunk.

Without McClintic, it becomes apparent Rafferty may not have known about the hammer, or told her to buy it.

RaffertyLFP: Derstine says why would grown man need to tools to kill little girl? He already had a knife in the car

Rafferty said, according to McClintic, it would be "too heat" to use Armstrong's tools. Had to head to Home Depot.

Assuming Rafferty did need tools, he a,ready had a knife in his car. Why would a full grown man need a hammer, he asks?

Steven D'Souza ‏ @cbcsteve
Derstine tells Jury that Home Depot visit is key point; raises a lot of questions about McClintic's version of the story

McClintic, a smaller person, may have. Maybe she didn't know he had a knife or other tools, he suggests.

RaffertyLFP: Derstine says Rafferty already knew he had tools in car including a hammer McClintic would not know that

Steven D'Souza ‏ @cbcsteve
Derstine asks: didn't they know that Home Depot has security cameras? #Rafferty was a full grown man, didn't need hammer to kill Tori

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther