TN - Joann, 31, & Adrienne Bain, 14, Whiteville, 27 April 2012 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he was so worried about not getting to see the girls anymore he could have moved closer to their new home. That is much simpler than kidnapping 4 people. It had to be something more. He may have conned his mom and ex but I think he had a more sinister reason. The idea he could keep 4 hostages is ridiculous. He went for kidnapping and murder instead of just moving.
AM was living with his parents and had never held a real job, if BB is to be believed. He couldn't afford to move.

I just dont get it how do you get 3 people to agree to commit a crime like this I mean were AM, his ex and mom sitting around eating meatloaf one day and AM says"You know the Bains are moving to AZ I think we should kidnapp them before they leave" and everyone just says "OH OKAY!!" I mean really I can see having one sicko but how do two others get sucked into such a delusion? I dont get it.

I agree with Marc K. this situation is a perfect scenerio of why the truckers tv for the missing would be a great tool.

I know that it is hard but I think that it is time for GB to make a personal plea directly to AM.

My current theory (subject to change) is that AM was upset about the move and possibly obsessed with JB he kidnaps them, thinking that JB has the same feelings and he can convince her to stay with him, AB has an asthma attack JB starts freaking out wanting to get help and AM kills her trying to get her calmed down and he kills AB maybe because he doesnt have away to treat her on the run and she would be a problem.

My heart tells me (of course I have been wrong before) that he wont harm KB and AB, I beleive if he was going to he would have with JB and AB. Its so much easier to run by yourself not with two kids.

AM is not the usually "familial" pedophile in my opinion. I don't think this man wanted to molest ANY of these children. I think he just wanted to be important in their lives. I think.. over time... he became overwhelmed by the thought that he had a child that didn't know him how he wanted them to. Eventually becoming 'children'.

When they moved, he thought he had lost everything. When they moved back, 'even temporarily' he thought he might have the chance to be the man he had built up in his head. The Bain family moving back to AZ broke that illusion.... and now, we have death and lost girls.

I only pray his delusion will break before he killed these babies!

- Officers found the girls` clothing inside Mayes` trailer

- On Mayes` Facebook page, he lists the same girl, Kyliyah, as his sister.

- GOODMAN(JB's aunt)the only thing that we can figure out is that he was obsessed with either JoAnn or one of the girls and he wanted to keep them there with him and not let them go back to Arizona.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1205/08/ijvm.01.html

Their clothes????? :(
That always freaks me out....when they find clothes....it just automatically makes me think it's a sexual/molester kind of situation.
I mean i can't figure out why they would find their clothes! :(

I just dont get it how do you get 3 people to agree to commit a crime like this I mean were AM, his ex and mom sitting around eating meatloaf one day and AM says"You know the Bains are moving to AZ I think we should kidnapp them before they leave" and everyone just says "OH OKAY!!" I mean really I can see having one sicko but how do two others get sucked into such a delusion? I dont get it.
How about this:
AM says JB and the girls really don't want to move to Arizona. AM told them cousin Billy Bob in Florida would put them up for a while until they could all get on their feet. "Maw, would you help us all (Teresa included) change our hair style so GB can't find us?" Maw says sure, Teresa drives to TN to help get the family, everything goes south, now they are both stuck in the middle of a mess.

AM was living with his parents and had never held a real job, if BB is to be believed. He couldn't afford to move.

Not having a job gave him no reason to stay. Course we would think it is more logical to find work in AZ and move than to kidnap and murder. He was already living 80 miles away so he didn't see any of them all the time. With his connections all over seems like he could have worked something out. That is why I think he has another reason for this. Since this was planned you would think he would have realised kidnapping would not work for long. And many think he had a hide out ready. Does anyone think he was gonna let his ex come there to live too? No. Why? Cause he was intending a sexual relation with one or more of them? Just thinking out loud. May change my opinion tomorrow.lol

Her current husband adopted those girls, though. There is nothing to indicate he didn't love them enough to protect them. And he let AM babysit his youngest too. So, if the supposed motivation for allowing this guy to be so close with the girls was because mommy knew that he could be the father of one or more of them, that doesn't explain why the dad allowed his daughters to spend so much time with them.

IMO, it just shows that this man was very trusted family friend. Probably thought of as family. And that is often the situation with child molesters. It's how they gain access - they are charming and no one could imagine they could hurt a child, especially a child they seem to adore so much.

Gosh, I feel like I need to take a shower just typing that. Did a little grossed out jerk of my shoulders right then!

I am deeply praying that you're not wrong either. :please:

RBBM

"Adam Mayes and Gary Bain, who had once been married to sisters"

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2012/05/08/abduction-tennessee-woman.html

"The sister-in-law also said Mayes dated Jo Ann Bain before she married her current husband, Gary."

http://www.wlbt.com/story/18166299/investigators-digging-in-yard-where-two-bodies-were-found

Also, a link in the previous thread (IIRC) shows that JB and BG had been married for 11 years. So based on this information, I would assume GB and AM have known each other before any of the children were born (they were BIL) MOO. And, if what BB is saying is true about JB and AM dating before JB and GB married, this would offer some insight into why he may believe Alex is his daughter. This also means that AM has known Adrienne at least 11-12 years (2-3 yrs old) MOO.

This whole thing just makes me sad and angry!

How can anyone think that they can kidnap someone....nevermind four people....and continue to hide away forever? I mean it's just a crazy idea. I mean especially in this case where they already know who the kidnapper is.
I think he either had to be thinking that Joann would go along with it and they could all be together or he planned on killing her cuz i just can't figure out what else his plan would be? I don't know?
And why would his "wife" be ok w/ her husband running away w/ another woman?
I don't get any of it.

How can anyone think that they can kidnap someone....nevermind four people....and continue to hide away forever? I mean it's just a crazy idea. I mean especially in this case where they already know who the kidnapper is.
I think he either had to be thinking that Joann would go along with it and they could all be together or he planned on killing her cuz i just can't figure out what else his plan would be? I don't know?
And why would his "wife" be ok w/ her husband running away w/ another woman?
I don't get any of it.

I agree. Nothing fits. This is the strangest case. Every theory I have come up with hits a snag.

IMO that is one of the things that makes him so dangerous right now. He supposedly sold his possessions but what did he have and how far can he get on that before he goes to plan b.

How about this:
AM says JB and the girls really don't want to move to Arizona. AM told them cousin Billy Bob in Florida would put them up for a while until they could all get on their feet. "Maw, would you help us all (Teresa included) change our hair style so GB can't find us?" Maw says sure, Teresa drives to TN to help get the family, everything goes south, now they are both stuck in the middle of a mess.

I think that if anyone wanted the girls to move for their health, it would be the mother. Mom would know that Florida and it's humidty would worsen the girls symptoms.

Sorry, just re-read again, and realized you were talking about how AM may have convinced his Mother and (ex) wife to help him.

I just wished they would be found, and my heart breaks for GB and his daughter. They must be beside themselves with grief.

My apologies if this has been covered already, but I cannot read all the posts right now.

I have a question about the day of the kidnapping. So the family had flown back to TN FROM Arizona for a funeral/sickness, right? And if I understand correctly they were also doing some packing of a U-Haul so they could move the rest of their things to AZ, correct? So were the girls already enrolled in school in AZ? If so, then why would the father (GB) wake up that Monday morning and assume that the girls were in school, especially if they were still in TN?

I am sorry, this little thing just bothers me and I need clarification.

My apologies if this has been covered already, but I cannot read all the posts right now.

I have a question about the day of the kidnapping. So the family had flown back to TN FROM Arizona for a funeral/sickness, right? And if I understand correctly they were also doing some packing of a U-Haul so they could move the rest of their things to AZ, correct? So were the girls already enrolled in school in AZ? If so, then why would the father (GB) wake up that Monday morning and assume that the girls were in school, especially if they were still in TN?

They were not moving until the beginning of next month. I think it was the 14 yo's dad who said this.

ETA: wouldn't he be the 14 and 12 yr olds dad?

They were not moving until the beginning of next month. I think it was the 14 yo's dad who said this.

ETA: wouldn't he be the 14 and 12 yr olds dad?

The dad of the 14 year old did say "These are my babies" or something on his fb page right?
But isn't the 12 year old the one that we are wondering if Adam thinks is his or not.
Wasn't there a statement from someone that Joann and Adam dated before she married Gary? And that would have been during that time right? So she could possibly be Adam's right? I don't know. :(

:banghead:

http://www.djournal.com/view/full_s...nd-in-Mississippi?instance=home_news_2nd_left

Union County Coroner Mark Golding said he has not received any information that he can release.

"They don't want to give (Mayes) any information," Golding said. "The bodies were being autopsied in Memphis, as investigators believe they died in Tennessee rather than in Mississippi."

I'm confused. Someone told me last night that they sent the bodies to the coroner in Tennessee because it was the closest. I was wondering if anyone had a link to that. Also, AM's mom and ex are being held in TN jail. I can see why TM would be held in jail in TN if she helped transport them over state lines but if AM's moms involvement was only in MS then would she be charged in TN? I guess having these 2 different states involved is confusing me.

The dad of the 14 year old did say "These are my babies" or something on his fb page right?
But isn't the 12 year old the one that we are wondering if Adam thinks is his or not.
Wasn't there a statement from someone that Joann and Adam dated before she married Gary? And that would have been during that time right? So she could possibly be Adam's right? I don't know. :(

:banghead:

The sister of Adams ex is making these statements and I don't believe what she is saying about them dating or other accusations. JB's friends and family think this is ridiculous. I will trust them first.

The 2 oldest are fathered by MJ and the yougest by GB according to the family.

I think they had been in TN for a while. I don't know of them flying back from AZ, I think a poster was speculating on the flight.

The sister of Adams ex is making these statements and I don't believe what she is saying about them dating or other accusations. JB's friends and family think this is ridiculous. I will trust them first.

The 2 oldest are fathered by MJ and the yougest by GB according to the family.

Oh ok. I haven't seen anything from Joann's friends. I thought it was "fact" that they dated before.
I didn't know her friends were saying different!
Thanks for letting me know.

Again....

:banghead: :maddening:

I think they had been in TN for a while. I don't know of them flying back from AZ, I think a poster was speculating on the flight.

http://wreg.com/2012/05/08/timeline-a-look-back-at-when-kidnapping-began-how-it-led-to-murder/

Investigators say they believe the series of events that led to the disappearance of Jo Ann Bain and her three daughters, Adrienne, Alexandria and Kyliyah began about 10 days ago.

The family left Arizona to return home to Tennessee for a funeral.

It was Friday, April 27th, when Bain’s husband, Gary, reported his wife and children missing.

Please don't ask me to explain about the funeral because I absolutely am clueless at this point.

Oh ok. I haven't seen anything from Joann's friends. I thought it was "fact" that they dated before.
I didn't know her friends were saying different!
Thanks for letting me know.

Again....

:banghead: :maddening:

I should have said it was just my opinion also sorry!!! Anything can be true in these cases I am finding out, no matter how unusual it may seem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288