5-9-12 Steven Powell Trial *GUILTY!!!* 6-15-12 SENTENCING HEARING

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ben Winslow‏@BenWinslow

The judge has called a brief recess before opening statements begin. @fox13now #StevePowell #findsusan

Are you going to be popping back and forth to Tammi too?

:)

I'm going to keep watching the Smith trial (Jack is on right now, to be followed by Tammi -- what a day)!

I'll follow this thread for updates!

Thanks everyone.

Mel

Judge asking jurors if exposed to media coverage.

Judge: apparently none

Opening Statement:

This case is about a secret: that secret is that SP was a voyeur.

Why are we human being so incredibly sick? Why do we hurt precious children? :(

These poor girls. How humiliating. My dd is 15 like the one is now and she would be mortified if she found out there were pics like that of her.

Wait I missed something. I thought he said the family had moved away so how did they find them?

Opening: evidence will show underage girls were photographed; by defendant; for sexual gratification; show this is voyeurism. We know the secret...

Defense: not about Susan P; state has burden; defense doesn't have to put on anything-i don't anticipate we will put on anything-instead we will challenge every piece of evidence

Are you in the courtroom?

Oh gosh, no, sorry for the confusion - during the Caylee trial that was the code for the camera mics still being on throughout recess. Every once in a while additional information would sneak out.

I just had a pleasedon'tyoudare moment. Is this a-h-le going to testify on his own behalf? ?He is such an arrogant *advertiser censored* that I wouldn't put it past him.

Defense: not about credibility of witnesses; focus on sufficiency of evidence-did state satisfy burden of proof? defense does not have to put on anything...

Oh gosh, no, sorry for the confusion - during the Caylee trial that was the code for the camera mics still being on throughout recess. Every once in a while additional information would sneak out.

:floorlaugh: Everyone remain seated! The stinky squirrel strikes at midnight! :lol:

:floorlaugh: Those threads were moving too fast for me, so I spent my most of my time up in chat during that trial :)

Melinda Rogers ‏ @mrogers_trib

Quigley: "We know about Josh Powell. We know about Susan Powell. I think we understand that that's not what this case is about."

Melinda Rogers ‏ @mrogers_trib

Quigley to jurors: " I want you to focus on the sufficieny of the evidence. Did the state satisfy it's burden of proof?" Quigley says no.

On stand, Detective Sanders who served search warrant on Defendant's home:

-disc was in box in master bedroom

-3 sub-folders containing voyeurism images from original disc: labeled-taking bath 1; taking bath 2; open window-back house

Ben Winslow‏@BenWinslow

Quigley said he will not challenge the testimony of the victims in this case. #StevePowell will NOT testify, he says. @fox13now #findsusan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa