Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
There has been no police/media reports of anyone being a suspect in this case yet. I'm guessing because they haven't finished investigating yet. I'm very sure both sides of the family are entitled to be upset about the funeral being held tomorrow. They have just as much right to be upset than anyone else. No-one has been charged so therefore ALL family members no matter who they are should be entitled to attend the service.

I agree. Please let these people grieve as they need. No matter what your thoughts on extended family members, can we not have another 'flaming' session. Grieve and be angry for Allison. But it doesn't help to start on the whole in-law family does it? They are human(I think ;)) and as much as people might disagree with their actions, think they are creepy or whatever, its not proven they are involved in what happened and therefore should be afforded some respect to grieve as anyone would.

Who would say "let us be normal" in such a situation? I didn't say that when my CAT was missing overnight, let alone a loved one! :doh:

My daughter and I were discussing this yesterday.

When I had to put my dear old dog down I couldnt go to work the next day as I kept crying. I had the weekend off and didnt want to do any of my normal activities. When I went to work on Monday I burst into tears talking to my mechanic when he called about my car lol.

I still cried for months when I drove past the vet on my way home and I am not a sooki la la type person. It made me feel deep sadness, grief for the first real time that I can remember. And this was for my dog, I cant imagine if it were my "soulmate".

I remember seeing a plea for a missing person a while back and the poor husbands hands were trembling and he could barely get a word out. Gerard really didnt look very distraught to me. I am sure he can think of something tomorrow to bring on some tears, maybe think of a long stint he will do real soon.

I live in the area too, and if you were in fact ever to go walking at night, you'd feel safe to do it here. Worst fear would be a snake if anything...

IF I stormed out of the Baden home, I'd head thru Boscombe rd, toward Rafting Ground Road. and turn left towards WINROCK... I know screams in the area haven't been confirmed, but i still think it's odd... )

Walking by the school would feel "safe" and there would be footpath along most of the way,if not grass.. as opposed to Brookfield Rd. where there is no place to walk and darker.. It's not too far a walk to winrock, I saw a Brookie kid walk it on Tues...

Still wonder about the roundabout tho... and the (van)???

Also, being local, it still doesn't make sense that the phone's been triangulated to three suburbs, and there hasn't been any searching on the sides of the only main road which goes Between Roundabout & Kholo.. Do they have that phone??

long as I'm here, you guys are addicting, humorous, & fun to read,,, prob. c many of you @ school....

Thats right they should feel sad...but they dont, not once have they shown any hint of sadness, they dont give a rats arse!!!!!

Do you know that behind closed doors they have not shown sadness and grief?

I am feeling that he will not go to the funeral, too many accusing eyes will be looking down at him. the clock is ticking, I just really hope someone is arrested before 11am tomorrow!!

Let's face it, he'll be damned if he goes and damned if he doesn't go. If he goes everyone will pick apart however he is behaving. If he doesn't go-that will get picked apart even more.

If he does turn out to be the culprit it will be such a shame for the children for obvious reasons, but to go to the funeral would almost just add insult to injury in my opinion. If he does happen to get arrested beforehand.... Well that's awful too! Its a no-win really.

I am feeling that he will not go to the funeral, too many accusing eyes will be looking down at him. the clock is ticking, I just really hope someone is arrested before 11am tomorrow!!

I am hoping he won't go and that he says his good bye to the girls before leaving and that the Police take him whilst funeral is proceeding.....There will be no good time to arrest GBC if he is guilty the girls will be shocked and hurt and angry and sad and worried no matter when the time is???

God I worry for them!

Talk on the street with locals and a friend (business man friend of GBC), is that Allison had a VERY large life insurance policy. I'm sure this will all be looked into by the police and insurance company.

Thats right they should feel sad...but they dont, not once have they shown any hint of sadness, they dont give a rats arse!!!!!

Ouch that's a bit harsh! We don't know how they have been behind closed doors. They're in a horrible position I'm sure they're very upset!

I live in the area too, and if you were in fact ever to go walking at night, you'd feel safe to do it here. Worst fear would be a snake if anything...

IF I stormed out of the Baden home, I'd head thru Boscombe rd, toward Rafting Ground Road. and turn left towards WINROCK... I know screams in the area haven't been confirmed, but i still think it's odd... )

Walking by the school would feel "safe" and there would be footpath along most of the way,if not grass.. as opposed to Brookfield Rd. where there is no place to walk and darker.. It's not too far a walk to winrock, I saw a Brookie kid walk it on Tues...

Still wonder about the roundabout tho... and the (van)???

Also, being local, it still doesn't make sense that the phone's been triangulated to three suburbs, and there hasn't been any searching on the sides of the only main road which goes Between Roundabout & Kholo.. Do they have that phone??

long as I'm here, you guys are addicting, humorous, & fun to read,,, prob. c many of you @ school....

No last report yesterday they have not found the phone. Search was narrowed down to 150m around Baden-Clay and neighbouring houses.

Semi-rural here too.. rough terrain.. snakes yes..but walking alone at night in not well lit bush areas gives me the creeps even in a quiet area I know well.

I am sure he can think of something tomorrow to bring on some tears, maybe think of a long stint he will do real soon.

Maybe the thought of not being able to wear that damn gold jacket anymore would do it lol

I reckon the police probably pulled it down

Don't forget these business are franchised and this terrible event will have consequences. I would say that the head franchisor would have a say in what is going on at the real estate agency at present because someone in charge would have to make decisions will in these situations. The website had no information concerning staff when I last looked yesterday.

Just my thoughts.

Talk on the street with locals and a friend (business man friend of GBC), is that Allison had a VERY large life insurance policy. I'm sure this will all be looked into by the police and insurance company.

:floorlaugh: Lice insurance..love your typo.

And you are right I am sure Police are all over everything.

Thanks blossy.....I can now put that thought to rest.......Hugs

I must admit I actually thought you might be onto something and I'm pretty cautious about this whole case, though IMHO GBC looks very suspicious for all the reasons discussed across all 5 threads.

If he secured one the same day, he would have been investigating this option I imagine for at least 24 hours (e.g. asking his lawyer who to recommend). In the previous 24 hours, heavy rains, etc etc so I think your point still holds (sadly....)

Ouch that's a bit harsh! We don't know how they have been behind closed doors. They're in a horrible position I'm sure they're very upset!

Maybe it is harsh but thats the vibe they are giving and I for one wont start feeling sorry for them now, ABC the kids and the Dickies get my sympathy not the rest.

Im sure they are very upset, I just dont think its for the same reason that everyone else is upset!!!

I'm sorry its just the way i feel.....

Channel10 News just had a preview and are saying "More than one killer" thats quite different wording to what was in the news articles...

Seems Olivia is the only one speaking, she was a bit emotional.. interestingly at the end of the segment the reporter said "Her family just want someone arrested"

Im guessing that isnt the BC side of family..

It's just too terrible a situation... It makes me sad everytime I think about it!

I'm just not sure on what my thoughts are re. GBC and Allison's funeral... If he is innocent he'd better damn well be there IMO, his daughters need him, he needs to be strong for them.
If he happens to be guilty, then I agree with Coolcat, I hope that he doesn't go and then gets arrested quietly during this period.

Those girls have lost so much, I just hope that an arrest happens super quick so that they can have some closure and begin to heal.
RIP Allison and I know that you will live on through your beautiful babies, you will never be forgotten.

Is it right to assume (probably a silly question!) that if GBC was found guilty of murder or manslaughter he would not be entitled to the life insurance payout? I just so hope and pray that if he is responsible he never ever ever ever sees a penny of it. And that the girls are financially cared for by the generosity of the community and the fund appeal.

Yes except I think this family is....poles apart ;)

My point with this was if you have fallen out with "The Family" then you have forever Fallen.....

Disassociation is exactly how the BC family have treated this...And by the way the Dickies have also stayed away from them or at least not acknowledged GBC or BC family in a positive light I am assuming this has been an ongoing feud of some sort, possibly due to GBC moving on to someone else??

Child Support and Property Settlements can cause quite some turmoil in a lot of Families and quite often the Parents of the Husband/Wife get involved...I see this everyday and greed can make you do things you never expected you were capable of....IMO....This may of been the motive??

I wonder if GBC is tied up in other property and assests that involve his parents other then C21 tha ABC may have been entitled to aswell if she were to divorce.......? The Mind Boggles!!:sonar::sonar::sonar:

His sister just said on the news that Gerard welcomes the public to Alisons funeral.

Yes.

Utter supposition on my part, but you'd imagine with the financial dealings, business expansion, loans and debt, there'd have to be significant policies on both of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti