Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually no, they were still looking for it after they found Allison. In fact they that day narrowed their search to a 150m area around the Baden-clay house and neighbouring properties

Obviously they would still like to locate it to be able to sequence the events. But the information on that phone can be sourced via the telephone service provider (except for photos, sound or video recordings). But the initial heavy focus on the phone was to locate Allison.

Seems to be the latest news article. Wonder what these new leads are (if per chance they are new as such).

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...allison-vanished/story-e6freoof-1226355251556

Police have set up a major incident room stocked with detectives, intelligence analysts and forensic officers, in the hunt for Mrs Baden-Clay's killer.

They are believed to be chasing new leads following an operation at Kenmore roundabout last week.

... now there is confirmation that the kids were at a sleepover on Thursday night!!!

hey...I posted this at 10.36ish as I was reading my way through the earlier posts...AND before I arrived at yours! Great minds think alike.

That happens a lot here, with the thread moving so quickly (altho it's slowed down a lot)

All you can do is post when you will then marvel later at the synchronicity.

Seems to be the latest news article. Wonder what these new leads are (if per chance they are new as such).

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...allison-vanished/story-e6freoof-1226355251556

Police have set up a major incident room stocked with detectives, intelligence analysts and forensic officers, in the hunt for Mrs Baden-Clay's killer.

They are believed to be chasing new leads following an operation at Kenmore roundabout last week.

Mr Baden-Clay yesterday refused to comment on claims he was yet to provide an official statement to police.

I feel like it's a diversion... Well I hope so!!

Have a look at these convicted murderers, esp the two wife killers John Sharpe and Mark Galante, who both do teary, pathetic sooky-la-la performances for camera.
http://sixtyminutes.ninemsn.com.au/stories/847286/unmasking-the-truth

thanks Neuromancer...I watched this very early on and found quite a lot of similarities between sharpe and GBC, (sharpe was much much much more pathetic to watch his in false plea than GBC though,) I really don't know what makes it hard for me to picture GBC doing this, but I think for some reason, I have got the COD as strangulation somehow stuck in my head. It is specifically this coldblooded method I have trouble with when I relate it to GBC, but I am endeavoring to stay neutral from now on until we are told the cause of death.

They could relocate, etc. Also, not all victims end up dead if they decide to leave.

Just offering a possible reason. Its true they don't all end up dead. But don't think most people can imagine the fear a person in that position may be feeling. And its also often said the women feel so beaten down, downtrodden, lack of self worth after so long abuse, that it may be very hard. I am not and have not been in that position, but I can have some empathy for what may make someone stay, even though to the outside world it may seem a silly thing to do. Its always different from the inside looking out.

Obviously they would still like to locate it to be able to sequence the events. But the information on that phone can be sourced via the telephone service provider (except for photos, sound or video recordings). But the initial heavy focus on the phone was to locate Allison.

Yes as you say much of the information can be tracked via service provider, but was obviously a good reason they still wanted to find it.

Hi everyone, first post here.

I have been reading this since ACB's body was found close to where I live. I haven't got much to add, as it seems pretty much every theory has been covered here! :)

I did want to say that a few times while reading this thread (or should I say these threads) I've come across the idea that DV victims bear some responsibility for staying with their offender. Now, I was a lifeline counsellor for a while, and as part of our training we were told a bit about DV situations. They specifically told us to never encourage someone to leave - as the stats show that women who suffer DV are most at risk when they leave their partner. Many die. No one on the outside can make a judgement call about staying or leaving as no one can predict whether it will result in a better life or death.

Anyhow, that said, it takes on a special meaning in this situation doesn't it? Especially considering I have also heard from someone who apparently got the information from an ex-business partner of GCB (yes yes, friend of a friend hearsay, make of it what you wish!) that ACB was getting ready to divorce GCB and sue him for all he had.

This and other things (the scratches on GCB's face, which were fairly noticeable according to local info) make me think it's quite probable that when the truth comes out we will find that GCB was the perp and it was an act of rage.

That's the rational part of me speaking. The more intuitive side of me thinks his parents did it, not sure which one, they both creep me out. And somehow GCB seems weak, definitely covering up for something, but I'm not sure I see the killer in him. And if it's true his parents were financially enmeshed in his business (seems strange they still have such a high mortgage on their house, did they back him financially?), the thought of ACB taking "their" money may have been unacceptable to them. I could see him "whingeing" to them about his wife leaving and them taking matters in their own hands.

Whatever it is, I'd be willing to bet it's definitely a family matter, not random, and that GCB is at least involved as much as he knows what happened and hasn't fessed up, or is the main perp.

Poor kids. :(

Welcome and thanks for a great post, esp the point about DV.

You know why women don't tell people about DV? Because everyone then judges them!
If you stay you're an idiot.
If you leave you're a failure.
And regardless what you do, people gossip as if there's something wrong with you, as if it's your fault you got in that situation in the first place. And the higher up the social chain you go, the worse it gets.

... now there is confirmation that the kids were at a sleepover on Thursday night!!!
therefore the rumour that one of the children said something contrary to GBC is just hearsay and totally false...tick it off the list???

therefore the rumour that one of the children said something contrary to GBC is just hearsay and totally false...tick it off the list???

Not neccessarily. They may have come home after the sleepover before school on Friday. Maybe planned, maybe because they saw mum's car still home, or maybe to help with an alibi.

Welcome and thanks for a great post, esp the point about DV.

You know why women don't tell people about DV? Because everyone then judges them!
If you stay you're an idiot.
If you leave you're a failure.
And regardless what you do, people gossip as if there's something wrong with you, as if it's your fault you got in that situation in the first place. And the higher up the social chain you go, the worse it gets.

YOU ARE RIGHT ON, even when they aren't you feel like they are...its a very isolating situation to be in...if you confide in a friend, they tell you to leave...if you don't leave, eventually you stop confiding in your friend because you think they are getting frustrated with you and think 'you don't really want help'

Not neccessarily. They may have come home after the sleepover before school on Friday. Maybe planned, maybe because they saw mum's car still home, or maybe to help with an alibi.

yes of course thats highly possible especially with school so close

Can I just say to the person who mentioned earlier the possibility of a foundation in Allison's memory, if Allison was a DV victim then it would great to have a safe house named in her memory.

SHEA House (after each of her girls and Allison) has a nice ring to it.

A safe house where other women and children can go for shelter in times of crisis until they can find themselves something more permanent.

Wonder why there was a sleepover that night at the grandparents(by all reports- possibly hearsay, but as the rest of it was right tends to sound correct), on a schoolnight..when the school is across the road from their own house?

Wonder why there was a sleepover that night at the grandparents(by all reports- possibly hearsay, but as the rest of it was right tends to sound correct), on a schoolnight..when the school is across the road from their own house?

Early start next morning for ABC Pathways seminar.
or....
Mum and Dad need to 'talk' and 'sort a few things out' ??

The rumour is that he said to the police the kids were at home, but one of the girls said "No, we were not". He lied, apparently.

maybe Allison was taking a night off? perhaps work related? or perhaps GBC and Allison had a regular running 'child free night' where they tried to reconnect or work on issues whilst together? grandparents return the girls in the morning or drop them off to school? my parents live in a different stae, but if they lived around the corner, I would have very much enjoyed taking a regular break whilst the kids enjoyed some time with gran and pop! especially if I worked hard like the BC's appear to have done

Welcome and thanks! I am wondering about the fact that DV victims are not encouraged to leave. Why don't these women have these men arrested, charged, put in jail and then they would be safe.

- Because they're not always jailed.
- Because the very personality types that do this are often very possessive and see women as objects to be owned, and any rejection as a massive ego threat and much worse acts of violence may eventuate.
- Because the women feel financially dependant (altho a lot of the time these guys are actually draining money off them, as part of a parasitic nature that is common)
- Because some cultures condone it.
- Because before the violence happens some women have already had their self-esteem beaten down, and don't have the psychological resilience to make changes.
- Because they've grown up in similar circumstances and these things, while horrific, are also their psychological "comfort zone" (ie just like home)
- Because the kind of guys who are violent, manipulative and conscience-free are also very good at being charming and acting apologetic and doing anything they can to keep their victim placated (until the next time).
- Because some of these guys are great at playing the victim themselves and kind-hearted women think if they give enough love and kindness they can fix them.
- Because manipulative abusers can manage to convince the woman that it's all her fault.
- Because psychopaths use a process called "gaslightling" to keep victims completely confused so after a while they actually struggle to know what really happened and what didn't.

I can go on but you get the picture.

(btw i know it's not always male on female, but less frequently fem on male, gay, lesbian whatever - feel free to adjust nouns/pronouns as necessary. Can't be bothered going back and editing to be fully inclusive)

Early start next morning for ABC Pathways seminar.
or....
Mum and Dad need to 'talk' and 'sort a few things out' ??

yep I guess..I have a couple of theories also. And yes possibly Parents wanting a night alone for various reasons. Anyway, time I head to bed. Night all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie