Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
A quick search on the net shows she was involved with Pathways since at least mid 2010, that little one would have been 3.. It just bothers me the media are playing good and evil against each other (gbc evil / abc saint ) it just seems if someone has "given up their career for the kids" why was she still doing it? It's painting a false picture. Giving up a career means you quit working, if your part time, u haven't given up anything.

May be minor in comparison to the big picture, but just one way the media play us.

Allison was a psychologist, she may have been working part time? or she may have been involved in the conference with one of her children.
They do programs with children, to help them make friends, adjust to different things in their lives.etc

oreily85
My take on the career thing is:

Allison held a very high powered job within Flight Centre which no doubt included a lot of travel, she gave this up to start a family and be around for her children.
Whilst she was having children etc she worked for Century 21, possibly on a part time basis.
Now that her youngest child started school this year she was pursuing a new career with Pathways, which if I remember correctly is about kids.

I think it's quite normal to have given up such a job to raise a family.

That's understandable re: flight centre and travel etc. Youre right.

Re: Pathways, that is still a career tho - maybe not as demanding as FC, but still.. It involved all day conferences...and she had been involved for at least 2 years. It's not a recent job. Seems to suggest she didn't stay home for the littlest one? The media have portrayed this stay at home school mum image - and it doesn't seem right. Just wondering what else is distorted if u look into it type thing. It's hard to see facts when we are given misleading info, which we are all using to profile these ppl albeit in an amateur way lol

Just editing for Karo - this program involves going to different schools, I dont think the conference was specifically involving one child

Why would GBC not make a statement to the police? I'd call that not cooperating.
From what we have seen unless it's done under cover of darkness, there doesn't appear to have been much interaction between GBC and the police.
How unfortunate ? that he had his accident, maybe he was on his way to give his statement then.
Some malingering amnesia would have been perfect.

I disagree. there have been many reports of the Police visiting him or him visiting the police. I would think if the police required him to make a formal statement, then he would have to. I think we can speculate all we want on this, but who knows what the police have said to him and vise versa.

People were posting about how he should have let them in when the police visited his parents house a few days back to speak to him. They spoke at the door. we weren't privy to the conversation, and don't know that he didn't ask them in and they refused.

I know what you are saying. But maybe he was trying to protect the kids? I don't know. I don't think the police would have wanted him searching in an official way anyway.(just in case he was guilty). maybe they did tell him to leave the searching to them. He did not visit the command post and his sister said he was told to stay away. Police said news to them. However they may have said stay out of the search. (not away from the command post).

I can understand police perhaps not wanting him involved in the actual search...maybe because of DNA etc etc...but at the same time it is human nature to want to find something that is lost.

Even if, for example, you lost a ring, it drives you absolutely crazy & you're continually searching for it....

Even if he was concerned about the kids, he had relations to care for them so would have had ample time to, at very least, put in an appearance at the command centre....he didn't....

Any normal, innocent person would do so.

A quick search on the net shows she was involved with Pathways since at least mid 2010, that little one would have been 3.. It just bothers me the media are playing good and evil against each other (gbc evil / abc saint ) it just seems if someone has "given up their career for the kids" why was she still doing it? It's painting a false picture. Giving up a career means you quit working, if your part time, u haven't given up anything.

May be minor in comparison to the big picture, but just one way the media play us.

I think the difference is perhaps, that she did give up her career and took up an interest...This is a big difference.

I can understand police perhaps not wanting him involved in the actual search...maybe because of DNA etc etc...but at the same time it is human nature to want to find something that is lost.

Even if, for example, you lost a ring, it drives you absolutely crazy & you're continually searching for it....

Even if he was concerned about the kids, he had relations to care for them so would have had ample time to, at very least, put in an appearance at the command centre....he didn't....

Any normal, innocent person would do so.

yes I get that.. And you are right with the kids..I thought maybe the family was trying to keep it 'normal' as possible for the kids, and not alarm them too much that mummy was missing..I am just coming up with some alternative trains of thought. I know what you are saying you and most think they would do and thats totally understandable. I just wondered if he was told to stay completely away from any searching (and perhaps the kids were sheltered from what was actually going on out there) and maybe if Police have told him that and in anyway that was going to affect the case, it might be near impossible to stop yourself from getting out there too, I know, but..

Just editing for Karo - this program involves going to different schools, I dont think the conference was specifically involving one child
Thanks, do you have any references for that information please, I have not seen any as yet but I have not read the other closed threads about this.

Sleepover confirmation in todays newspaper may be inaccurate reporting. However assuming it is correct and that GBC and ABC were estranged, the obvious sleepover location for 3 children on a school night, would have been with him. What a perfect night for his (ex)wife to vanish - especially if there is a cast iron alibi for the whereabouts of both GBC and his new partner. The declaration by GBC's sister, that ABC was depressed fits with the story that Allison may have wandered off and taken her own life somewhere hence his belief a search would prove fruit-less. How fortuitous was it that her body was found. Just sharing a few possibilities

ive always wondered if her body was placed there under the bridge to look like a suicide?

Known fact......no one is allowed to assist in a search if the same DNA.
Have to lawyer up because some police get things very, very wrong....or just are careless and time constraints.

I disagree. there have been many reports of the Police visiting him or him visiting the police. I would think if the police required him to make a formal statement, then he would have to. I think we can speculate all we want on this, but who knows what the police have said to him and vise versa.

People were posting about how he should have let them in when the police visited his parents house a few days back to speak to him. They spoke at the door. we weren't privy to the conversation, and don't know that he didn't ask them in and they refused.

No....He doesn't ever have too. He can refuse to make a statement if he is arrested. It is "THE STATEMENT" that can be used against you in Court. his Lawyer would of advised him to not make a statement.

It is the statement that is disected by the other party and can be made to look deceptive.

The only thing that the Police at this stage would of expected from him were details of her dissappearance.

I think the person that "Hit and Run" in 543's story went to the BC Snrs house to use their computer to find out how to dispose of ABC's Body after hitting her with GBC's Captiva, printed out the information and then shredded it before asking GBC if they could also use his MAC....then they drove to the C21 office used those computers aswell before heading back through the round about. NBC got dizzy at the round about and asked to be dropped off so he could sit in the bus shelter for a while and watch for White Prado's with shiny Tow balls towing trailers at 3.30 in the Morning.

:floorlaugh::silly::rotfl:

Hello, yes the Courier Mail has confirmed that the girls were on a sleepover. IMO they were there on a school night because ABC had a busy day on Friday and their Aunt Olivia (GBC;s sister) offered to have them for a sleep over at NGB's. She was down from Townville for a holiday. This can not be confirmed, its all my opinion.

As per link: http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ry-disappearance/story-e6freoof-1226338290711
Ms Walton said in the days leading up to her disappearance, Allison was her usual self.

"I spoke to her the night before she disappeared on Thursday night and she seemed fine," she said.

"I saw her last week and she seemed normal, delightful - her normal, easygoing, beautiful-natured, thoughtful, kind-hearted self.

Just before Allison's disappearance, Olivia certainly sounded like she was on good terms with Allison.

I think the person that "Hit and Run" in 543's story went to the BC Snrs house to use their computer to find out how to dispose of ABC's Body after hitting her with GBC's Captiva, printed out the information and then shredded it before asking GBC if they could also use his MAC....then they drove to the C21 office used those computers aswell before heading back through the round about. NBC got dizzy at the round about and asked to be dropped off so he could sit in the bus shelter for a while and watch for White Prado's with shiny Tow balls towing trailers at 3.30 in the Morning.
So funny. Still laughing. Clever.

Why would GBC not make a statement to the police? I'd call that not cooperating.
From what we have seen unless it's done under cover of darkness, there doesn't appear to have been much interaction between GBC and the police.
How unfortunate ? that he had his accident, maybe he was on his way to give his statement then.
Some malingering amnesia would have been perfect.

He was on the way to the Police station with his lawyer following. And if you know Moggill Road at all, the Police Staion he was heading for was on the left opposite to Indooroopilly Shopping Centre. He did not need to go up the ramp to the shiopping centre at all to visit the Police, yet he did and crashed, completely out of the way of the Police Station. Panic ???

Cheers.

Known fact......no one is allowed to assist in a search if the same DNA.
Have to lawyer up because some police get things very, very wrong....or just are careless and time constraints.

Known fact...ABC and GBC DO NOT HAVE SAME DNA....! lol!

yes I get that.. And you are right with the kids..I thought maybe the family was trying to keep it 'normal' as possible for the kids, and not alarm them too much that mummy was missing..I am just coming up with some alternative trains of thought. I know what you are saying you and most think they would do and thats totally understandable. I just wondered if he was told to stay completely away from any searching (and perhaps the kids were sheltered from what was actually going on out there) and maybe if Police have told him that and in anyway that was going to affect the case, it might be near impossible to stop yourself from getting out there too, I know, but..

I think majority of normal innocent people would have to be fully restrained or locked up to prevent them from, at very least, going to that command centre.

I don't recall where I read it, long time ago,...when a close family member or friend is missing, ...the not knowing is one of the worst forms of torture known to man.

Also thought I'd add...he made time to present himself in George St to see his barrister on the day Allison'a body was found.....

Hi fellow sleuthers!
First time poster , but have read all threads from the start.
4069 resident! Knew ABC when mine were at Preschool with her oldest H.
The gossip?/truth? unending.
I do know "fact" that residents of Durness St, Kenmore (neighbours of NBC) were doorknocked by QPS last night..............."did you hear or see anything unusual"
Does this mean that they are putting together evidence on the involvement with NBC & EBC?
My husband has met GBC at local business meetings - on Day 1 he said "he did it"
Stay tuned!

Thanks, do you have any references for that information please, I have not seen any as yet but I have not read the other closed threads about this.

I didn't read it on here, I found it on the website and school newsletter from 2010

I think the difference is perhaps, that she did give up her career and took up an interest...This is a big difference.
However if you look at her various profiles ABC says she is a 'licensed partner' of Pathways and is interested in 'new ventures' and 'business deals' amongst other things.
'Business deals' ... eek :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member