Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, to me he looks like a little weed with some moss on his face.
When I first saw him do that 'heart felt' interview I could not believe that this weed-like man was someone who was successful in real estate. Sorry if that offends, just my opinion.

Lol doesnt offend me at all...he just looks much different than he does in his work profile pic's

What do you believe happened?

Also, with your experince is GBC behaving like a man who is innocent?

read my previous posts re my thoughts (lawyering up) and her family's not saying much etc appart from that waiting for forensics. Time will tell.

I think he could have stayed at the command post. While I wouldn't want to find a loved one murdered on a search I would be at the post...everyday...

Just curious , y'all's thoughts. He (IMO) looks more attractive with the facial hair , looks slimmer, etc. I knew a guy having an affair and his looks "improved" alot! Do y'all think it may contribute to his changing looks?

Not trying to start anything here, just saying..
As much as it horrifies me that I'm typing this.... BUT yes I agree that he certainly does look more attractive with the facial hair and his nice shirts. Much better than the soft, sooky, whiney guy in the yellow jacket! He honestly looks like a totally different man!

I agree with why he stayed away from the search. If the QPS believed he was involved in any way, they would not want him in the search in case he contaminated anything found. That evidence would then be not admissible in court.

No-one but the police and the SES were actually physically involved in the search. Allisons family were at the command centre every day from dusk till dawn and not allowed to search, yet they were there. He wasn't.

People may find this a it weird, but I decided to go for a drive to Brookfield today. I am new to QLD so didn't really understand the area. Drove past Allison's house and through that huge roundabout. It was terribly sad seeing all of those flowers still attached to the fence. Brookfield is a beautiful place. So sad that it now has this kind of shadow lurking over it.

So I've come up with a theory. Lets say someone decided to kill Allison, but wanted to make it look like suicide. This could explain why she was left out in the open, rather than someone attempting to conceal her. You can't pretend it's suicide if she was covered in a blanket or put in a shallow grave.

Also, it seems as though there is something important the police are waiting for in these toxicology reports. What if cause of death wasn't able to be determined by a physical examination/autopsy because she wasn't strangled, nor did she die from jumping off a bridge (by which I mean pushed). Maybe she was unwittingly drugged with medication that would be used by someone trying to commit suicide.

IMO it is possible that her murder was premeditated. That she was set up to look like someone who had committed suicide. She was taken to the Boy Scout grounds because it could be considered that this area was known to her. She was left somewhere that the killer believed she wouldn't be found. However if she eventually was, toxicology reports would find she had overdosed.

As for what happened at the roundabout, I think that whoever had killed her was transporting her to the Boy Scout grounds, but arranged for help to meet him at the roundabout. When the person showed up maybe there was an argument, or some display or shock or revulsion about the fact that Allison's body was in the car. After getting over their initial shock the other person got their act together and got down to business.

Why would they have chosen to go the way they did, rather than take quieter back roads? If anyone passed them, they'd be more likely to remember. The more people around means that it's less likely anyone will pay attention to you. However you're more likely to remember the colour of the only car you passed on a back road. So while taking a main road was bold, driving that way would have been considered less memorable for anyone who passed them. It could also have been explained by saying "oh I forgot that I ducked out that night to go to xyz".

So yeah, that's my brain vomit for today.

Still thinking of you Allison. Every day brings your family closer to justice *advertiser censored*

Up until yesterday, I hadn't gone with speculation that the BC parents were involved - either as perpetrators or accessories. After all, who in their right mind would get involved in something like this? To me, the only likely person was a lover (assuming one exists)

I tend not to speculate beyond what the evidence suggests. BUT, I came up a possible scenario:

Thursday night - Ring Ring!!

Mum &/or Dad: Hello, it's not like you to call so late.

Son: Something terrible has happened and I need your help!!!

Mum &/or Dad: Your wish is our command son. What's happened?

Son: Allison's been at me again, and she forced me to hit her.

Mum &/or Dad: The *****!!

Son: Yeah, you'd think she'd of learnt by now. She hit her head on the coffee table and she's stopped breathing. I gotta get rid of her.

Mum &/or Dad: We've been saying that for years (chuckle). She's so up herself. She'd be nothing witout you, all your money and your famous family!!

In some contexts to be 'borne down' {past tense} is used to describe someone who is heavilly burdened for whatever reason, or carrying a heavy weight on their shoulders. So I guess this could fit in.

Although one can be down and jaded with life, yet not be clinically depressed. We all have stages of feeling down, especially when tired and running round after kids (let alone having a cheating husband etc). Being borne down by life doesn't necessarily mean clinically depressed in my view.

No-one but the police and the SES were actually physically involved in the search. Allisons family were at the command centre every day from dusk till dawn and not allowed to search, yet they were there. He wasn't.

Yes. Unless you count all the home/property owners in the area being asked to search their own properties.

I believe it was a deliberate attempt to make some marks on his body and to buy him some time.
I do too, was he admitted to hospital overnight?
Also imagine the sympathy garnered if it had been more serious.
I just don't see anything about this case so far that disproves Occam's Razor .

Newby here I live in the area also & work in kenmore i cannot explain how this case has affectted this community, I am now sure everyone is watching as what is going on arround them, ask them now who went round the round about last night? this is all so sad i work in retail & had dealings GBC thursday morning he does not appear as you r a coolcat & does not act like an innocent man, but then again how does a innocent man act in a situation like this??

People may find this a it weird, but I decided to go for a drive to Brookfield today. I am new to QLD so didn't really understand the area. Drove past Allison's house and through that huge roundabout. It was terribly sad seeing all of those flowers still attached to the fence. Brookfield is a beautiful place. So sad that it now has this kind of shadow lurking over it.

So I've come up with a theory. Lets say someone decided to kill Allison, but wanted to make it look like suicide. This could explain why she was left out in the open, rather than someone attempting to conceal her. You can't pretend it's suicide if she was covered in a blanket or put in a shallow grave.

Also, it seems as though there is something important the police are waiting for in these toxicology reports. What if cause of death wasn't able to be determined by a physical examination/autopsy because she wasn't strangled, nor did she die from jumping off a bridge (by which I mean pushed). Maybe she was unwittingly drugged with medication that would be used by someone trying to commit suicide.

IMO it is possible that her murder was premeditated. That she was set up to look like someone who had committed suicide. She was taken to the Boy Scout grounds because it could be considered that this area was known to her. She was left somewhere that the killer believed she wouldn't be found. However if she eventually was, toxicology reports would find she had overdosed.

As for what happened at the roundabout, I think that whoever had killed her was transporting her to the Boy Scout grounds, but arranged for help to meet him at the roundabout. When the person showed up maybe there was an argument, or some display or shock or revulsion about the fact that Allison's body was in the car. After getting over their initial shock the other person got their act together and got down to business.

Why would they have chosen to go the way they did, rather than take quieter back roads? If anyone passed them, they'd be more likely to remember. The more people around means that it's less likely anyone will pay attention to you. However you're more likely to remember the colour of the only car you passed on a back road. So while taking a main road was bold, driving that way would have been considered less memorable for anyone who passed them. It could also have been explained by saying "oh I forgot that I ducked out that night to go to xyz".

So yeah, that's my brain vomit for today.

Still thinking of you Allison. Every day brings your family closer to justice *advertiser censored*

i do agree with the less likely to be recognized in a busier area. We say the same here. You notice more things out of the ordinary in a quiet area or road than somewhere thats busy and has lots of goings on.

Thanks for your thoughts AllyG. I am not surprised at all if the toxicology comes back with something. I have this feeling its relevant.

thanks for the 'brain vomit' lol.. I should probably take a break..Tend to get sucked in to staying awhile when I get on here.

i do agree with the less likely to be recognized in a busier area. We say the same here. You notice more things out of the ordinary in a quiet area or road than somewhere thats busy and has lots of goings on.

Thanks for your thoughts AllyG. I am not surprised at all if the toxicology comes back with something. I have this feeling its relevant.

thanks for the 'brain vomit' lol.. I should probably take a break..Tend to get sucked in to staying awhile when I get on here.
I really didn't manage to be as concise as I was hoping to be. This is just one of those things that has been slowly formulating as time has gone on. I don't believe that she had any visible trauma (head wound from a fall, stab wound, etc) and I don't believe they would have found any internal injuries resulting from a physical altercation. There would be too much mess to clean up. It had to be done neatly, in a way where blame could be laid directly on the victim. She did it to herself, so it's her fault the kids are sad and don't have a mum. The person I think is responsible appears cold and calculating. I believe that he has a high opinion of himself and would never have imagined that the people who he imagined thought so highly of him would ever think to point their finger at him.

Did anyone read the last line in this media article where it is a direct quote by Allison's sister Vanessa Fowler that ""She was borne down, her work left unfinished, yet she will be remembered for her acts of kindness and love.""

HI Lyndylogic and welcome to the forum.

I did not see this quote in the article, but I recognise the first bit as being from one of my favorite poems "The Morning of the Dead" by Judith Wright. I don't know if Vanessa was consciously quoting the poem or not, but here is the part of the poem it is from. I think it is very fitting to Allsion's untimely death:

Time's not for weeping.
Time and the world press on. So take life further,
Let the thin bubble of blown glass, the passion
of vision that is art, refine, reflect and gather
the moving pattern of all things in consummation
and thier rejoicing.

For this is what the dead desire - thier meaning.
"I was borne down; my work was left unfinished;
alive i turned to stone; my love was ruined;
ignorance, opression, pain left my sight tarnished,
my world corrupt and dying.

Oh make me perfect.
Burn with a fire of sight the substance of my sorrow.
Take what i was and find in it that truth
the universes on thier holy journey
watch with thier eyes of fire. Illuminate my death.
Till all the dead stand in thier essence shining
Time has not learned its meaning."

If in fact, what we read earlier about the door knock in BC Snrs street occurred yesterday.....maybe it is possible that the parents are involved as most of us have speculated?

Why else would they be asking those questions?

I think we are closer to an arrest......Lets hope it is this week!

HI Lyndylogic and welcome to the forum.

I did not see this quote in the article, but I recognise the first bit as being from one of my favorite poems "The Morning of the Dead" by Judith Wright. I don't know if Vanessa was consciously quoting the poem or not, but here is the part of the poem it is from. I think it is very fitting to Allsion's untimely death:

Time's not for weeping.
Time and the world press on. So take life further,
Let the thin bubble of blown glass, the passion
of vision that is art, refine, reflect and gather
the moving pattern of all things in consummation
and thier rejoicing.

For this is what the dead desire - thier meaning.
"I was borne down; my work was left unfinished;
alive i turned to stone; my love was ruined;
ignorance, opression, pain left my sight tarnished,
my world corrupt and dying.

Oh make me perfect.
Burn with a fire of sight the substance of my sorrow.
Take what i was and find in it that truth
the universes on thier holy journey
watch with thier eyes of fire. Illuminate my death.
Till all the dead stand in thier essence shining
Time has not learned its meaning."
Oh man. That poem fits so much of what people have hinted about her life :(

Newby here I live in the area also & work in kenmore i cannot explain how this case has affectted this community, I am now sure everyone is watching as what is going on arround them, ask them now who went round the round about last night? this is all so sad i work in retail & had dealings GBC thursday morning he does not appear as you r a coolcat & does not act like an innocent man, but then again how does a innocent man act in a situation like this??

I thought he went to Girls school Thursday morning for Cross Country??

An innocent man IMO would wait at Command Post day after day waiting for his wife and Mother of his children to be found...An innocent man wouldn't find seeing his Lawyer and Going to Work more important??

Just Saying!

All My Opinion!

If in fact, what we read earlier about the door knock in BC Snrs street occurred yesterday.....maybe it is possible that the parents are involved as most of us have speculated?

Why else would they be asking those questions?

I think we are closer to an arrest......Lets hope it is this week!

I imagine the BC's would be aware of the door knocking......imagine the conversations being held in that house now.

Probably creates the perfect environment for someone to crack and provide QPS with the concrete evidence they are after.

My thoughts are that the 3 girls attend either their mothers school IGGS where they should board....but thats in Ipswich and at the time when their mother attended that school it was run by the Anglican Church...now it is non denomination. Therefore...I think the Girls should attend a school on the Gold Coast (an hour from Brisbane) where Allisons parents now reside. The Southport 'st aidens' is an Anglican church ladies college and very much appropriate. It would be better for the girls as they wont come accross this terrible tragidy and gossip down there as much as they would in IGGS. They can also board...full or Day board..Mon to Frid....on the weekends they can be with grandparents or who ever. I have family who have attended this school and it is VERY VERY GOOD.....They were also Boarders....

IGGS has never been run by the Anglican church - the original Queensland Grammar Schools established in the late C19th were all non-religious.

There may be perfectly valid reasons as to why he wasn't there. We have no official explanation as to why that was so.

I read where someone said that there were relatives who could have looked after the girls. If he had gone on vigil and waited while everyone searched, then there probably would have been adverse comment how he was heartless and didn't think about his children by dumping them off to others.

Regardless if he's guilty or not, almost everything he does or says or not say, would be a case of damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

Not aimed at anyone, but in the vein of human nature in that people often enough make opinions based by using their own personal standards as a guide, thinking that's how others should and shouldn't do things too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther