Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder whether there were two cars because Allison followed GBC that night, she wanted to confront him (and her?) about their affair....? An argument ensued and it all went horribly wrong

Personally I don't see what the big deal is about the 4WDs at about 4am. How many white 4WDs exsist in Brisbane? ..AND how many people tailgate? If they were only 2km away from the bridge, I doubt they would risk traveling in 2 cars. None of it makes sense to me. You would think by 4am in the morning, they'd have a better plan. Oh I think he did it, and I do think someone else abetted, but I think we are reading too much into it and often times witnesses will come forward just to get involved in what they perceive as excitement. It's known that false witnesses are a huge pain in the butt to law enforcement. Of course, this is all my opinion only.

Funny. I look at all the pics of that car he crashed and would ay its a dark navy metallic. But maybe my colour vision is off.

It's hard to tell for sure without seeing it first hand. Photos can often make things look different to - and our monitors might be callibrated differently. I tried to go back and look at all the photos to be certain but I could only find one with a google search.

Could you post links to more photos please?

in the video above it shows the brother in law driving a gold suzuki...must have driven????

Yea, this is the only scenario I see for 2 cars on the road. I totally agree.

in the video above it shows the brother in law driving a gold suzuki...must have driven????

He could have driven down after Olivia flew down? Being a minister (or whatever it's called in whichever denomination his church is) he might have had to sort things out before he could come down? Or if Olivia was in Brissy already on a holiday (as has been reported) then that too would explain it all IMO.

not at 4 in the morning

Laughing so hard.

Got this vision of someone having an affair at 4am.......and the wife in bed saying "let em.....Im not getting up at 4am to confront him.....Let him have his affair.....i'd rather snooze"....lol zzzzzzz

That's my thought shelbinator......Police may even pick up the Dickies and express that they need to come with them, without informing the Dickies, that the arrests are about to occur. I would say, that they wont be around, even if the children are present. Social workers, will initially take the children (in the most darling of manner that they can)....and will then as you say, have the Dickie's waiting in the wings.

I HOPE!!!!

That is my hope as well!!!!!!!!!!

Still could have planned on filling up on her way to conf....

How many people fill up at the start of a trip as opposed to filling up the night before??

Yep you could well be right Marly.
My only reasoning for thinking she'd have already done it - if indeed she even needed to fuel up - was that her friend when interviewed said that the girls were having a sleepover and that Allison would be getting ready for the next day, so I felt that she'd be all ready to roll in the morning.
That and servos are more likely to be busy during peak hour I'd imagine.

Laughing so hard.

Got this vision of someone having an affair at 4am.......and the wife in bed saying "let em.....Im not getting up at 4am to confront him.....Let him have his affair.....i'd rather snooze"....lol zzzzzzz

:woohoo:

My thoughts exactly!!!! I must be getting old ;)

What an attempt at looking/sounding upset. I remember when I first saw this, it was what made me think he knew what happened. Before that I wasn't sure. It came across as so fake. I'm sure a real estate agent who loves speaking would not have a voice like that. He could have used the media so much better... if had wanted to find her. And I agree with other posters that his sister looks somewhat nervous and unsure.
I've only just watched that interview for the first time, I was surprised how guilty and unconvincing he sounded IMO

:woohoo:

My thoughts exactly!!!! I must be getting old ;)

Partner asks : What happened to the passion Baybee?......LMAO

Response : Nothing....I just lost it years ago.....lol

:floorlaugh:

I feel for the dear girls (the SHE's). If their daddy did hurt Allison and his parents were involved, I think it will break the girls hearts. Im not sure why, but I get the impression the girls are closer to the Baden-Clay grandparents :( Probably only due to geographics......But, just sooooo heartbreaking if, nan, pop and dad are in on it..................I aint religious, but.....if I pray for anything, I pray not all three were involved.

Partner asks : What happened to the passion Baybee?......LMAO

Response : Nothing....I just lost it years ago.....lol

:floorlaugh:

I feel for the dear girls (the SHE's). If their daddy did hurt Allison and his parents were involved, I think it will break the girls hearts. Im not sure why, but I get the impression the girls are closer to the Baden-Clay grandparents :( Probably only due to geographics......But, just sooooo heartbreaking if, nan, pop and dad are in on it..................I aint religious, but.....if I pray for anything, I pray not all three were involved.

Agreed!! Even as adults we would have a very hard time understanding how someone we love could hurt someone else we love. Even harder for a child to grasp. Sadly, their little lives have already changed...

Personally I don't see what the big deal is about the 4WDs at about 4am. How many white 4WDs exsist in Brisbane? ..AND how many people tailgate? If they were only 2km away from the bridge, I doubt they would risk traveling in 2 cars. None of it makes sense to me. You would think by 4am in the morning, they'd have a better plan. Oh I think he did it, and I do think someone else abetted, but I think we are reading too much into it and often times witnesses will come forward just to get involved in what they perceive as excitement. It's known that false witnesses are a huge pain in the butt to law enforcement. Of course, this is all my opinion only.

Hey True! I am hearing you with what you are saying about witnesses. I always try to maintain a healthy skepticism about eyewitness reports in particular. So if there is anything to the car sighting I do hope theres more than one independent eyewitness (doesn't sound like it from the news report, but can't take a news report too seriously either). I also can't think of a good reason for having 2 cars really.

Having said that, I do find the alleged tailgating in this instance quite odd. I was driving along that road the other day and a couple of people tailgated me for a very short while but overtook me as soon as they had the opportunity when there was no oncoming traffic (I was driving right on the speed limit, apparently that is too slow :p). So at 4am, why would you closely tailgate someone when you could just go around them? There wouldn't be much traffic at that time.

*puffing* I've FINALLY caught up with all the reading!!!

I recall that witnesses in the Daniel Morcombe investigation were hypnotised in an attempt to identify number plates or further info.

The person who posted in here about the husband on his way to Rocklea markets was well over a week ago (the post that is). Perhaps he is the witness. Do you think they may have tried hypnotherapy with him to deduce vehicle colours?

How long does it normally take for info like this to be released to the public? Could hypnotherapy been the delay in releasing it?

It's hard to tell for sure without seeing it first hand. Photos can often make things look different to - and our monitors might be callibrated differently. I tried to go back and look at all the photos to be certain but I could only find one with a google search.

Could you post links to more photos please?

Just a quick visit back.. You are right about different moniters. I found a couple of links and actually in both of them it does appear to be dark grey(though one could have blueish tinge). I can't find the pic where it looked really dark Navy. But as someone else mentioned, the colours can also look different in different lights. http://http://gibberjabble.wordpress.com/2012/05/07/24/

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/gallery-e6frer9f-1226336989408?page=39

Someone else has probably already mentioned this and i missed but did anyone else notice the photo of the sim card they found was not an I phone sim. It definately says she had an i phone. Also, as far as I am aware, they never said they found Alison's sim card just "a sim card". Maybe just those Tricky tricky little Policey people playing cat and mouse.

Someone else has probably already mentioned this and i missed but did anyone else notice the photo of the sim card they found was not an I phone sim. It definately says she had an i phone. Also, as far as I am aware, they never said they found Alison's sim card just "a sim card". Maybe just those Tricky tricky little Policey people playing cat and mouse.

the sim card found has been stated by Police as being unrelated to the case.

He could have driven down after Olivia flew down? Being a minister (or whatever it's called in whichever denomination his church is) he might have had to sort things out before he could come down? Or if Olivia was in Brissy already on a holiday (as has been reported) then that too would explain it all IMO.

Once again the obvious has been overlooked. Blue is one of the most uncommon car colors. Most blue cars are a type of pale/metallic/artic type of blue. Otherwise (far less common) the only blue used is a dark navy blue which at night would appear almost black.

The fact that the reported color is blue should make following this lead far easier than had a silver or red colour car been reported.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L1752