Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually how about this: he didn't want to go to the police station so he had an 'accident'. My understanding was that he was admitted to a psych ward, which would suggest that it was obvious to police / medicos that the 'accident' was intentional. A good way of avoiding a police interview is for doctors to intervene and say he was not in a fit state to be interviewed. It buys time.

Hmmmm first I've heard of the psych ward. I reckon if he had decided to play the mental health card he would have milked it for all it was worth.:moo:

These comments are speculating on what GBC may think or feel. These comments are interpreting through the author's own empathy. He may, in fact, think or feel none of these things. We wish that he loves his children. We want it to be so. We speculate that he may feel remorse. BUT we are creating all of this. The fact is we don't know! However, Allison was brutally murdered, a mother to 3 little girls had her life ripped away and her body discarded like trash.

With respect :)

Yes it is speculation and it is "interpretation through the author's own empathy". But what's wrong with that? I've been reading these threads since the beginning and there's been a lot of people who've had a lot to say about the type of person GBC and his family basing a lot of their thoughts on little more than...well...their feelings. They've made up his mind he's guilty and suddenly his family are as guilty as him. There's been discussions about GBC being arrogant, having a history of DV, of him being a whole lot of things but where's the evidence. There isn't any that I've seen in the press, from the QP. These people are making sense of what has happened by empathizing with the victim.

I would even say (and I'm not trying to be personal but I have no idea how else to explain it...so, respectfully I say): IMO the comment you have made reflects your empathy with the victim. I say that because of the words you use in your last sentence. For example, there is no proof (at the moment) she was "brutally murdered". Yes, she was murdered. Brutally? We don't know.

Oh I want to clarify, just because I can empathize with someone does not necessarily mean that I therefore condone their behavior and/or actions. I empathize only because I acknowledge the complexity of all human beings.

Each day this goes on the worse it will get for the perpetrator(s). The public (including those close to ABC) want justice.

This is one of the most dramatic murders I can remember and one of the most potentially cowardly displays by a grown man. One can only hope he does the right and honorable thing (if there is any honor left) and goes and provides the detectives with a true statement of account.

The time is now.

I've been in the very same situation in my car. I was following a friend to a camp site late at night. It was a very windey road and at one stage when my friend disappeared around a bend I put my lights on high beam. When I went to put my lights back to low beam, my head lights were gone and would only work on high beam. So as to not blind my friend, I put my lights on low beam which meant only my parkers were on, she saw what was happening and pulled over, I slowly pulled up behind her (country road, late at night etc.) Exactly the same scenario!!!
Exactly the same except that it was on the same morning a woman went missing, right near where her body was found ;)

The longer this drags on, the more I think GBC will not be charged with anything.

I thought a similar thing - why two cars? Maybe the car broke down and needed a tow. Now that would put the cat amongst the pigeons.
How would you explain that to a friend/family member in the dead of night?

Oooh! ooh ooh
That could actually provide a good reason for a reasonable person to get involved. Because until now the "hey Dad/lover - help me hide a body" call is still a little weird in my books.

But...

(1) Perp goes out into bush - leaves car lights on for illumination while dragging body down to river.

(2)Flattens battery.

(3)Has to call for help at this point, cos otherwise he's stuck in very sticky sitch - HAS to get out of there.

(4)Person comes out to help, maybe for some reason they can't jump start (no cables?) but has to tow back instead?

(5) Eventually gets home and is able to charge battery (maybe jump leads are in other BC car) so when police turn up the next morning, car is charged and they can drive it off for testing ok

So accomplice may not have helped with body, but just got dragged into things via car breakdown. He might have said "just went for a drive" and then they eventually see thru the story, maybe at a time when it's dangerously late, eg
(a) out in the bush alone with guy you realise is a murderer - only sane choice is to help him and stay in his good books until you get back to town
(b)not until a day later when he reports wife missing, then you suddenly realise what he was doing out there, and that you're now an unknowing accomplice?

And then you're in a helluva dilemma over what to do next, esp if you're likely to lose money/house if Ali's murderer is found in a way that would void her life insurance. Or you unknowingly did enough to cover up a murder to make you an accessory after.

2 things to contribute:

1. Maybe the witness to the 2 cars saw 'something' on the back of the white 4WD - they may have only mentioned it as writing or a picture but couldn't be any more precise than that.

2. Police are smart enough to tell old bruises from newer bruises and injuries. If he did deliberately crash the car I do not believe it was to hide injuries. I think it was to deflect from something else.

I agree with the earlier post, the only reason I can think of the need for 2 cars was that they initially planned to make it look like a suicide scenario, but for whatever reason they had second thoughts about that plan.

Maybe suicide would have impacted on life insurance payout/s and hence the change of mind?

I keep thinking about that crash too. And I can't think of one way that by crashing a car, it would be beneficial to hiding evidence of a crime. He was probably just preoccupied with thoughts of everything happening and didn't pay attention to what he was doing. That's MOO. :moo:

Can't agree ....... that Honda Indooroopily crash has more to it - why do all the published pictures of that car crash have the number plates clearly blacked out or 'fuzzied' over ........

I can't see any other pictures of any other car where the plates have been intentionally covered.

I remian of the view the ownership of that Honda is off interest ........... time will tell .......to strange that clearly all media outlets have been, I assume 'TOLD' to obscure the plates ....... and very quickly I might add...........

Like I said before - only indication to date is belongs to a close friend ......I just want to know what friend ....... ????

I wonder what both ABC and GBC did with the rest of that day? I wonder if they had a discussion or meeting that went badly, perhaps with the bank or such forth.[/QUOTE]

Sorry if already stated by someone else but I believe there was the monthly meeting for the Kenmore Chamber of Commerce that day which I'm sure he would have attended.

I wonder what both ABC and GBC did with the rest of that day? I wonder if they had a discussion or meeting that went badly, perhaps with the bank or such forth. Sorry if already stated by someone else but I believe there was the monthly meeting for the Kenmore Chamber of Commerce that day which I'm sure he would have attended.

BBM.

With all due respect Bessentials, why are you sure he attended the meeting? He may not have. Does anyone know if GBC was at the KCC meeting on Thursday 19th April? Is there any way of finding out? Not that it really matters in the scheme of things. We know Allison was still alive on that Thursday night.

I think the 'accident' was simply a delay tactic - he was scared shizzless about going to the police without papa Bwana there and the narcissism kicked in and he got himself a bit of public sympathy and some time to have a better think about things and a bonus hospital visit to legitimize some sore ribs that could explain away the self defence injuries and sore muscles from dumping his wife.

If you were truly serious about finding your wife the only reason you would have to hit that pole at the shopping centre if you were innocent is to hang up a bl__dy great MISSING PERSONS poster!!!! It is the most perfect spot to attract public attention!:maddening:

Hi Rational
There are many unlit areas along the route that poor Allison took...also, many areas that she could have been run over. A screach and a thud is not necessarily so.....but a scream....yes! The person possibly had a previous DUI or record as previously stated.
It is not logical to leave the phone on! I really believe that the family had nothing to do with poor Allison.
I, including everyone else, are waiting for the forensic report.
Just wish that the police do some really smart investigating and get the perps. behind bars asap.:twocents:

Don't you think the police have been doing smart investigating so far?

Can't agree ....... that Honda Indooroopily crash has more to it - why do all the published pictures of that car crash have the number plates clearly blacked out or 'fuzzied' over ........

I can't see any other pictures of any other car where the plates have been intentionally covered.

I remian of the view the ownership of that Honda is off interest ........... time will tell .......to strange that clearly all media outlets have been, I assume 'TOLD' to obscure the plates ....... and very quickly I might add...........

Like I said before - only indication to date is belongs to a close friend ......I just want to know what friend ....... ????
Have the plates been obscured from the beginning or is this a new thing?
Maybe since someone hired a lawyer? Just IMO

These comments are speculating on what GBC may think or feel. These comments are interpreting through the author's own empathy. He may, in fact, think or feel none of these things. We wish that he loves his children. We want it to be so. We speculate that he may feel remorse. BUT we are creating all of this.

Yes exactly. Empathy, remorse, concern for the welfare of others are not typical characteristics of those who commit murders.

To look at examples from common psychopathologies:

Eg a narcissist doesn't 'love' partners or children the way a normal person does. Their only value is to make the narcissist look good, or provide positive attention to the narcissist (narcissistic supply). Or a tool to use to manipulate people to get what they want.

Eg Psychopaths have no capacity for remorse beyond concern for getting themselves in trouble. And it's still always possible to blame another person. There's never "i feel bad about murder" but more "that stupid cow made me kill her, then went and bled all over the car seat and got me caught!"

Judo - I watched a program about a crime in the US (husband kills wife because she wants a divorce!!) where he employed some Judo technic for strangulation which is quick, silent and not much time to fight back. Anybody knows if GBC ever had some Judo training?

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ry-disappearance/story-e6freoof-1226338290711

she says she saw her last week??????

and spoke to her on the thursday night of the disappearance????

"As far as I know there have been no, there is no, we don't know anything about Allison's whereabouts."

this picture aint right!!!

Thank you so much for posting this article - I can't remember reading it. That sheds a bit more light on why I was told she took the girls to school after Allison disappeared. Not sure if this is accurate or not, as it was heresay, but would make more sense if she was actually here already.

I wonder what both ABC and GBC did with the rest of that day? I wonder if they had a discussion or meeting that went badly, perhaps with the bank or such forth.

Sorry if already stated by someone else but I believe there was the monthly meeting for the Kenmore Chamber of Commerce that day which I'm sure he would have attended.[/QUOTE]

The Chamber of Commerce meeting was a breakfast meeting at 7am , over I would say at the latest by 8.30am, Chamber of Commerce members are generally self employed businesspeople , if they are not at their desks they don't make any money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galesr