Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the map and topography of creek/land, I would think a body deposited from Bunya would have to traverse that creek loop & logically, would get caught on snags etc.

Wirrabarra, on the other hand... looks like there's a forest trail up to the right which then run parallel to the creek (to the left) for a bit. And less than 100m to creek edge. Less houses and more scrub too.

Scout camp may be assumed.. but who is to say that the land opposite hasn't been extensively explored by culprit over the years?

and 543> yes, we know it was the butler in the pantry with the candlestick, thanks. :fence:

Thanks you Maevelorg. The talk of activity at the Scout Camp initially led me to believe it was there... but I have this bad, bad feeling about Wirrabarra...

Oh - love your closing statement!

I wonder whether there were two cars because Allison followed GBC that night, she wanted to confront him (and her?) about their affair....? An argument ensued and it all went horribly wrong

That lines up with the local talk I'd heard.

My question too, as there has been an awful lot of speculation and gossip. IF the DV issue is actually factual. I know many have run with it as being so and then based their theories on it being so, But is it just hearsay?

Don't get me wrong, I can see clearly alot of things seem to point towards GBC. (not to say there's not alot of facts that would indicate otherwise)

you know I have to say.....
I have been reading this thread for such a long time...not from day one...but from day 4 or so. Ive read a lot of heresay and a lot of theories...some very far fetched....(yet interesting) but there has been the odd piece of info put up here by people who seem close to the people who move in the same circles. It all seems to suggest a similar theme.

maybe thats why the cops acted so swiftly from the beginning, as has been reported....

For all of those who are asking questions similar to.... "can we get sued for what we are posting on the forum etc etc?", maybe rather than worrying about that you should just consider a bit of common decency. Some things that are coming out are pretty wild, not to mention totally unsubstantiated. Some things are just downright awful (Wishing that GBC would get raped, murdered or kill himself??? Really!?).

I know some people are genuinely concerned about the consequences of what gets posted on here (and rightly so), I think it IS really important to consider what you are posting!

End rant x
Couldn't agree more.

And heaven help anyone who dares post anything, (speculative or as a personal opinion), 'against' the the premise where most believe that GBC is guilty and has the audacity to suggest that GBC might not be guilty or has the nerve to say something positive about him and or his family.

It's thick...

Some of the outrageous theories on here would be funny if the case wasn't so sad.

Premeditated murder? Probably not. Given everything else that was going on for the family, the perpetrator would surely have picked a better time and place. More likely to be an assault with unintended consequences or a fall during a physical altercation.

Crashed car to hide evidence? Unlikely. Unless you crash cars for a living it would be difficult to predict the results. More likely to be just avoiding having to talk to the police.

Conspiracy with family members? Think about it, what would you do if your brother or son or father of your grandchildren was under suspicion of murder but you suspected he had unintentionally killed his wife? Would you come out in the media stating every wrong he had ever committed or would you stand by him, support him to have the best legal defense and hope he had the guts to come clean at least for the sake of his children?

Run out of coolant? Shiny tow bars? Obscured number plates? Missing phones? Personality Disorders? Aggrieved Mistresses? The fact is that usually in these kinds of incidents the killer is an ordinary person in a panic and there is no massive master plan or conspiracy to it all. Someone made the biggest mistake of their life and is desperately trying to find a way out. We are not talking about a serial killer. It's not rocket science. What happened is probably quite simple and straight-forward. The job of the police is to ensure there is enough evidence to convict with the charges that are chosen. They obviously are not quite there yet.

Thanks you Maevelorg. The talk of activity at the Scout Camp initially led me to believe it was there... but I have this bad, bad feeling about Wirrabarra...

Oh - love your closing statement!

You're welcome :p

Here's the map I used.. http://g.co/maps/c9qr8

Enlarge around Wirrabarra and you can see how much easier it would be for a couple of cars to drop a person off sight unseen. The problem with the scout camp are the homes a car has to pass to get to the end...

you know I have to say.....
I have been reading this thread for such a long time...not from day one...but from day 4 or so. Ive read a lot of heresay and a lot of theories...some very far fetched....(yet interesting) but there has been the odd piece of info put up here by people who seem close to the people who move in the same circles. It all seems to suggest a similar theme.

maybe thats why the cops acted so swiftly from the beginning, as has been reported....

Yes I know its been bandied about alot. I'm not sure where it came from. I have read every page since day one(read back when I joined) and I know people started talkiing about it as someone mentioned they had heard.. But I just ask as I don't know whether its actually ever been substantiated, and wondered if this is another one of those hearsay things, turned factual as seems to happen. Just something that had been on my mind.

Facts or gossip - Sometimes we get carried away with certain theories, but most people I believe try and abide by the TOR of the forum. If certain posts do not comply, we do have Mods to take care of them.

So far it is completely unsubstantiated. Its a rumour which turned into a 'forum fact'

(talking about dv, forgot to say)

I have just been going through the current property sales, recent sales and rentals listing for that street to see if I could somehow link it to C21 Westside but no luck.

Respectfully snipped

I was just doing a similar property listing search when I read your comment and thought I'd add my thoughts:
IMO, some C21 Westside staff (and no doubt therefore the principal) would have good knowledge of the roads & properties in Anstead and surrounds. For example, a "blue-chip" property listed as sold on their website backs directly onto a feeder creek to Little Ugly Creek.

My point is that since this property is immediately adjacent to the State Forest and within 1km of Wirrabara Rd turn-off and the Kholo bridge, it's reasonable to think GBC was somewhat familiar with the area regardless of any supposed historical scout links.

The back would only be clearly visible if one was following behind. As I understand, the witness in the vehicle who spotted the 2 x 4WDs was travelling in the opposite direction, and the back would not be clearly visible, as there would be no illumination at the rear. I believe the witness was on the way to market as they usually are at ungodly hours for the rest of us.

Thanks KG1, I realized that if you were traveling from the front you probably would not see the century 21 singage, but using it at all does leave you open to it being recognized by someone(this is all of course if it was that 4wd and was used in the murder). Also I'm not sure that the person mentioned in the paper as witness ing this was the same person who was going to rocklea market. The paper did not mention that bit. there was a poster on here who mentioned their husband or a friend did see a car travelling slow on that road. I think they were more close to anstead shops though? So probably not the same person.

Yes I know its been bandied about alot. I'm not sure where it came from. I have read every page since day one(read back when I joined) and I know people started talkiing about it as someone mentioned they had heard.. But I just ask as I don't know whether its actually ever been substantiated, and wondered if this is another one of those hearsay things, turned factual as seems to happen. Just something that had been on my mind.

Ive never been into these sorts of slueth sites before...in fact, I didnt even know they existed....but we dont get any news of australia over here, let alone news of my old area that i lived and worked in...so I come here to pick up the latest goss, info, links to newsreports etc...

Im so sorry that the area is having to deal with such a terrible horrible media focus.....and just wish it would hurry up and end.

Respectfully snipped

I was just doing a similar property listing search when I read your comment and thought I'd add my thoughts:
IMO, some C21 Westside staff (and no doubt therefore the principal) would have good knowledge of the roads & properties in Anstead and surrounds. For example, a "blue-chip" property listed as sold on their website backs directly onto a feeder creek to Little Ugly Creek.

My point is that since this property is immediately adjacent to the State Forest and within 1km of Wirrabara Rd turn-off and the Kholo bridge, it's reasonable to think GBC was somewhat familiar with the area regardless of any supposed historical scout links.

Totally Agree....he would even have the keys!

Does anyone have a link to that funeral pic where his mother was standing off to the left in dark sunnies looking *very* scary? I know it was posted awhile back but I can't find it.

Does anyone have a link to that funeral pic where his mother was standing off to the left in dark sunnies looking *very* scary? I know it was posted awhile back but I can't find it.

You could search the Courier Mail or APP sites?

Ive never been into these sorts of slueth sites before...in fact, I didnt even know they existed....but we dont get any news of australia over here, let alone news of my old area that i lived and worked in...so I come here to pick up the latest goss, info, links to newsreports etc...

Im so sorry that the area is having to deal with such a terrible horrible media focus.....and just wish it would hurry up and end.

Never been on a site such as this before either. Simply stumbled upon it when trying to find updates on the case. Lets hope that QPS have all they need soon to make arrest/s whoever was involved.
:eek:fftobed:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member