Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Max Sica continued on like nothing had happened. Even started defamation proceedings against the Police. Got married too.

Is anyone else feeling a bit skeptical about the jungle drums? With GBC out and about at the Brookie Show and nothing appearing in either MSM or social media I'm wondering if it's all gone a bit pear shaped?

Could be that it's just the end of a long week and we're all a bit frustrated.

Feeling for you barossa. Seems like tonight was quite a "show", and this has touched you deeply. Must be so hard living amongst it all. Hang in there - and thanks for your sharing! xo

Hey thanks bellgirl - it's just that the way Allison was disposed off that's what really gets me no call for help just the cold calculating disposal of a mother daughter sister best friend dumped i'n the black of night. Let's never forget it's also about the way i'n which the perps just left her there no remorse no confession

Totally!! That was the feeling I got too. It just seemed so forced though - not genuine? I made you think twice before you said anything because you knew it was going to be noted down!

I have read that one of the coping skills taught to people with social anxiety is to write things down after meeting people. This acts as a memory jolt to help them recall something about the person the next time they meet them, thus lowering their anxiety.

So, what's the general consensus around the area about his involvement in her murder? Do most believe he was involved or not?

IMO, from what I've heard, yes, guilty. The word on the street is that everyone (QPS) knows and it's just a matter of bringing everything together. This is just the general vibe out here but we could all be wrong!

I have read that one of the coping skills taught to people with social anxiety is to write things down after meeting people. This acts as a memory jolt to help them recall something about the person the next time they meet them, thus lowering their anxiety.

Sounds like an appropriate strategy - he didn't come across as anxious though but maybe? You never know!

Yes. Remarkably it would appear that they still believe in his innocence. Another couple who were extremely close to Alison still went away to tallebudgera just recently. I think it must be just unimaginable.

Hi Isadora - I understand if you can't answer this, but if the people close to GBC believe he is innocent, who on earth do they think did it I wonder? Do they honestly believe it was just a random attack? I agree - unimaginable.

There sure is a lot of off topic and discussions on other cases totally unrelated to ABC today. Where are the mods??? The Daniel Morcombe case has nothing to do with this murder - it was only referenced in the media because of the similarity in public interest. Surely if you want to discuss this in more detail, the mods can set up a separate thread. It's just taking way too long to catch up on updates with all the irrelevant posts that should be in the chat room.

Thanks so much to everyone who posted updates today, especially re the Brookfield Show. I saw footage tonight on Ch7 showing GBC back at work "as usual" (reporter's comment). He seems to either be pretending that life is normal, or enjoying possibly his last chance at freedom. Who knows.

Is anyone else feeling a bit skeptical about the jungle drums? With GBC out and about at the Brookie Show and nothing appearing in either MSM or social media I'm wondering if it's all gone a bit pear shaped?

When I hear about him going out with the girls and being a good dad, I really wish he wasn't involved in anything to do with this murder. It makes me very sad for the girls and what may come. But I can't help but think of all the info we have received from QPS and media, which IMO points to him.

As for his appearance at the show, you would not have picked him in the crowd. He blended in so well - even I had to get up close to double check - it was the mole on his cheek that gave him away!!!

Looked just like any other family there, enjoying themselves . . .

apart from the fact that he has just murder..........no i won't go there.

Guilty or not guilty respect for ones community and the sheer audacity of a man shaking his hand standing up i'n the seating area of the rodeo for all to see the woman hugging him standing for all to see. Such disrespect for the feelings of the community but hey it's all about me me me...............

When I hear about him going out with the girls and being a good dad, I really wish he wasn't involved in anything to do with this murder. It makes me very sad for the girls and what may come. But I can't help but think of all the info we have received from QPS and media, which IMO points to him.

Don't be sad this is what they want to feel sorry for him via the kids get public support no stay strong people

There sure is a lot of off topic and discussions on other cases totally unrelated to ABC today. Where are the mods??? The Daniel Morcombe case has nothing to do with this murder - it was only referenced in the media because of the similarity in public interest. Surely if you want to discuss this in more detail, the mods can set up a separate thread. It's just taking way too long to catch up on updates with all the irrelevant posts that should be in the chat room.

Thanks so much to everyone who posted updates today, especially re the Brookfield Show. I saw footage tonight on Ch7 showing GBC back at work "as usual" (reporter's comment). He seems to either be pretending that life is normal, or enjoying possibly his last chance at freedom. Who knows.

Look, there is nothing new to discuss or dissect at the moment ... it's a waiting game for something new. People have rehashed theories over and over and now have landed on different crimes. Don't be so harsh! What would you like to contribute for others to discuss?

Can I ask if you guys all want GBC to be found guilty or for him to be innocent?

would love dearly for his children's sake for him to be 100% innocent...but how the hell can it be so?? what happened to this woman????????? how do you go from 10pm at night safely in your home watching TV to being disposed of in the most inhumane way possible. Please somebody F&*$% tell me how this happens...
sorry just having a moment !!:banghead:

as for being attacked on a walk....please..do me a favour!

To be fair there were no recent local events to give his parents the idea that the area was risky. If the bus operator had not let him down he'd most likely have been safely away from predators.

Up until a month ago, the chances of a Brookfield wife being found murdered in a creek were pretty slim too.

There's rarely an 'only thing' that would change these situations ... usually a combination of chance and bad luck.

Hi Keybordem,
Im actually from that area. I lived there most my life and I know the area like the back of my hand. It was not a designated bus stop. It was under an underpass with no business, houses, anywhere nearby. He climbed down a steep hill that led him under the underpass, directly beside a four lane highway. Like a motorway. I researched this case at length and he asked his older brother to go with him and his older brother declined so he went by himself. Even the walk to the underpass was an unsafe walk. I assume it was common practise for him to venture out alone when his parents, and I quote, said "Daniel was a reliable kid and was always home when he said he would be, so when he didn't come home after the last bus from the coast was due back, we knew something was wrong".

I'm sorry if you disagree, but the abduction wouldn't have occurred had he not been out alone. 13 is way too young for that sort of venture. Maybe a few hours at the mall with friends, and picked up at a certain time organized between parent and child, (from the mall). Most people I know are justly allowing their 16 year olds to do that, but 13? out alone? Sorry, you are asking for trouble. It might be a 1 in many chances it happens to your child, and even that is not worth the risk. As parents it's our job to protect them. Not wrap them up in cotton wool. Just not put them in harms way. There are some really evil people out there these days, Give them the opportunity and they will commit the crime. IMO

I believe that he has been told by his lawyers to act normal and try and win back the public support. IMO he has also probably been told by his lawyers that with only circumstantial evidence a conviction would be unlikely. The delay in the arrest has probably lulled him into a false sense of security that the only evidence QPS have is circumstantial.

As for the press, I do believe that there is a gag order in place. I have been on twitter since the very early days of Alison's disappearance and the press would tweet incessantly on any small related issue. However, since the body was found, the tweets have been very controlled. And the one time someone did tweet something out of the ordinary, they were promptly rapped on the Knuckles by QPS, and in fact a gag order was mentioned.

This is all IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member