Jose Baez Releasing New Book!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking that the reason he is saying that is to promote the book for sales...I'm sure he is aware that there are many out there to boycott anything that would give fca profits...he just bypassed the area for not wanting to give him any money as well. My personal feeling about it was that he got lucky with the juriors....most wouldn't have bought those lines...

:seeya: I found it ioric that the Dr. D producers had put up some photos of Caylee while this unimportant book about JB interview was going on. Why did that happen when this book was being touted as JB's story? Once again she was used-FCA's daughter emblazoned on the screen again.

I'm afraid some of the things he did in the courtroom would have caused me to laugh out loud because it was so bombastic. This was about FCA and Caylee, not Manny, Moe and Jack. He was all over the place, just like the interview. It all reminds me of a song in the movie Best Little W House in Texas-'Ohhh I Love To Do a Little Side Step, Now you See Me, Now You Don't, I've Come and Gone, Ooohh I love to Sweep Around the Wide Step, Cut A Little Swath and Lead The People On'. That's him in a nutshell.

Now I must leave for the dentist-I'm going to ask if she has something heavy duty to get this nasty JB taste out of my mouth and then off to have a drinkypoo---Everybody is welcome to come and join me-marinated olive time:grouphug:

:hug:

:martini:

:toast:

(Yes, I'm blaming him for my recent need of a drink--up to now 5, 6 maybe 7 in 5 years-I'm catching up-LOL.

This is so true and I agree with every part of your statement. I read a very interesting article from the NYT:
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/13/m...a-9-year-old-a-psychopath.html?pagewanted=all

And it hit me that The Anthonys probably knew something was wrong with CA when she was young, but didn't know she was a psychopath. So many traits of the the child in the article reminded me of CA. This whole family tiptoes around their son just like The Anthonys tiptoed around Casey making sure to never confront her of her fake job and fake nanny or ever upset her in fear of her temper tantrums. In this case the family was wise enough to test their son over and over again because they knew something wasn't right.

The boy in the article demanded and took what he wanted, but as he got older he used lies and manipulation to get what he wanted. The doctors making up the study said psychopaths will do ANYTHING to get what they want, ANYTHING. So even though the jurors could not fathom a woman would kill her child to go out with her boyfriend, it's a real fact that it's reasonable in a psychopath's mind to kill her child to go on a date.

I just hope CA never kills another child again because as a former CA juror, I don't think I could ever live with the guilt that my choice (which only took 1 day by the way and without ever looking at one shred on evidence) was the key facror in murdering a human being.
We're you really on CA jury???

First, I want to straight up apologize again if I have offened anybody or made anybody angry by something I may have said out of context-That wasn't the intent at all, it wasn't meant to be taken in any such a way-I think we are all seeing beyond red over this book and tensions are running high-so high it has spilled over into heated discussions in our own home, hasn't been pretty. I guess we should have never watched the show-lesson learned. Thanks to JB:banghead:

I don't think I have ever spoke of this and maybe it is immaterial, but I do have 1 highly manipulative grown child that I do not speak about. Although the circumstances are very different, we have lived the horror of being taken advantaged of -to the tune of over $180k over a period of time. Very normal childhood, went to church, had all the perks of joining up in baseball, football, skating, skiing, camping-you name it, we did it all, but somewhere along the line he changed and became a somewhat hothead at 17 and by the time he moved out at 18 and would come by to visit, he became slowly manipulative.
1st it was borrowing money here and there to get by, then he started losing good jobs because of his attitude-where he got this is clueless on me to this day. He'd use his other siblings, but then he started to use my husband, first for little things, then it got bigger and bigger until one day his foot went down(I had stopped giving in years prior) and it was then we both got the heck of life and were physically abused, not once, but 3 different times in 1 year to where he almost broke my leg the last go round just because I had asked him to download some Driver CD's onto a new computer-Yes, we walked on eggshells around him when he'd come for a visit-Where this behavior came from I have no idea except to guess maybe from his friends because this type of behavior was never around our inviroment while all the children were growing up. There was never any indication of a problem until he was of age and although it was mentioned time and time again that he should go for counseling, it fell on his deaf ears because he knows best, nothing wrong with him, I could not drag him off because he was of age-I probably can call him a narcississt as well because he has almost the same traits as FCA except he never did what she did, some things are very similar-the over the top stories that sound true, but of course are not. I caught on years ago, but my DH is the type that always wants to give another chance-those chances put our lives at risk and caused financial ruin. No, he hasn't been allowed here again for years, it is sad, but that's the way it has to be.

I can't begin to understand why CA would try and say things like FCA wasn't pregnant when she was, or any of the other questionable things she did-All I can say it is a major dysfunction.

"Borrowing" money and losing jobs sounds like drug problem to me. JMO

Shame, shame on me......I am asking myself why I would even think of reading this book, but I admit I am curious.

I may read it, but I won't buy it. A girl in my office is pro FCA so I know she will buy it. I will borrow it from her and give yall the scoop.

Please don't ask me how I have held my tongue all this time with my co-worker. Many times I wanted to strangle her. LOL.

JMO.

This is so true and I agree with every part of your statement. I read a very interesting article from the NYT:
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/13/m...a-9-year-old-a-psychopath.html?pagewanted=all

And it hit me that The Anthonys probably knew something was wrong with CA when she was young, but didn't know she was a psychopath. So many traits of the the child in the article reminded me of CA. This whole family tiptoes around their son just like The Anthonys tiptoed around Casey making sure to never confront her of her fake job and fake nanny or ever upset her in fear of her temper tantrums. In this case the family was wise enough to test their son over and over again because they knew something wasn't right.

The boy in the article demanded and took what he wanted, but as he got older he used lies and manipulation to get what he wanted. The doctors making up the study said psychopaths will do ANYTHING to get what they want, ANYTHING. So even though the jurors could not fathom a woman would kill her child to go out with her boyfriend, it's a real fact that it's reasonable in a psychopath's mind to kill her child to go on a date.

I just hope CA never kills another child again because as a former CA juror, I don't think I could ever live with the guilt that my choice (which only took 1 day by the way and without ever looking at one shred on evidence) was the key facror in murdering a human being.

Thanks for that great article! Also, I enjoyed reviewing just now your many posts DURING the trial that are archived here :wink: and understand how IF YOU WERE a juror, would have been hard to live with the scenario you posted.

We're you really on CA jury???

I am not Mary B, but don't think she was referring to CA as Casey Anthony or the jury that acquitted her, as Mary was posting on threads here DURING the trial.....

(Was waiting for her reply too, but finally just checked! HA)

I am not Mary B, but don't think she was referring to CA as Casey Anthony or the jury that acquitted her, as Mary was posting on threads here DURING the trial.....

:seeya: ......:blowkiss: ...

Agreed, one doesn't usually go from top licensed profession to losing it after 5 years, then the constant job changes occured but the attitude was 'I know better than anybody else there' and constant use of the F word which was never used in our home-Wrong, wrong wrong attitude. Way after the fact, I highly suspected drug use at one time-when he physically came after us both.

Oh, part of the money borrowing was for 'needed parts' for his car, needless to say, the 'parts' were actually high performance parts on a car my husband thought he had cosigned for, which he found out later and by accident he actually 'owned'-the old fast shuffle hustle-car never needed parts-it was a selfish want for more better 'look what I got' high performance parts. No, never made a payment on this car, son did, but yes, he did a lot of selfish rotten things.

I don't believe Casey was a drug addict at all. She may end up going that route in the future. But Nope not during the murder of Caylee. Her behavior, in my humble opinion, was pure sociopathy in action. She was not manipulating and deceiving to support a drug addiction. She was acting to get what she wanted...whatever that was at the moment, whatever served her. Caylee served a purpose for her at one time. (A relationship and engagement with Jesse) But then...that failed and Caylee became an obstacle.

Casey's drug was herself. Period.

Pure unadulterated, narcissism and self absorption.

She is a psychopath and Casey's drug is "Casey" and always will be. Just wait, watch, and see.

Sounds like she did have a drug problem to me. I have heard of her drinking alcohol to a point of being drunk and smoking marijuana.

I don't believe Casey was a drug addict at all. She may end up going that route in the future. But Nope not during the murder of Caylee. Her behavior, in my humble opinion, was pure sociopathy in action. She was not manipulating and deceiving to support a drug addiction. She was acting to get what she wanted...whatever that was at the moment, whatever served her. Caylee served a purpose for her at one time. (A relationship and engagement with Jesse) But then...that failed and Caylee became an obstacle.

Casey's drug was herself. Period.

Pure unadulterated, narcissism and self absorption.

She is a psychopath and Casey's drug is "Casey" and always will be. Just wait, watch, and see.

I still think she is a drug addict, but I can understand she is herself a drug. I totally agree that she is extremely narcissistic and psychopathic. I notice that narcissists and psychopaths is a common with other evil figures like Fred Phelps, Jerry Sandusky, Lori Drew, Eric Harris, Osama bin Laden, and Adolf Hitler. However, some of them were malignant narcissists and megalomaniacs. :crazy: :crazy:

I totally agree with you Logical. Although, it says 80 % inherited, it also mentions that environment can exacerbate or diminish it and quote "Physiology is not destiny." Further...50% of them do not go on to become psychopaths in adulthood.

Casey may certainly have been "wired" wrong. But I agree with you totally that-that is not enough. Cindy was a Permissive parent to the highest degree. Casey NEVER experienced consequences for anything that she did.

She behaved like an entitled sociopathic brat. Stealing from her mother, her grandmother, pathological lying, CALCULATING and manipulative behaviors to all that she was involved with. She manipulated and deceived Every single person in her life.

Look at her parents,(lying about her job, robbing them blind, killing caylee and then lying that she was "kidnapped) Amy (Stealing, lying to her) Jesse (lying and making him believe Caylee was his baby). In turn, Cindy ignored it ALL and treated her like a princess. Even scolding George when he would protest and dig deeper, wanting to call his daughter out on her behavior.

It's not a surprise that Casey did what she did to him at trial. That was a reprisal for loving Caylee and for ever daring to question her in the first place.

That being said, Casey may be wired wrong but her environment shaped her. And I am not so sure that Cindy isn't "wired" wrong as well. Her behavior has ALWAYS been jaw-droppingly beyond the pale. It takes an incredible amount of disordered behavior to act the way she does. So....a very disordered woman (in my opinion) was raising Casey, a potentially "not wired right" child all along.

I believe in this case its alot more than Casey simply being wired wrong, this was a very toxic dynamic and environment from the beginning. Almost like an incubator to grow a sociopath.

Fascinating, disturbing, and so upsetting.

Casey Anthony is no doubt a product of her environment and parents. They serve as an enabler, which allows her unchecked. Her parents are just whacked. :crazy:

Okay, now that the thread has slowed down - I'll take a risk cause I know I'm going to get slammed - :truce: but has everyone read the article in the above quote?

So what if FCA was like the child described as she grew up? What if Cindy used her enabling strategy as a way of maintaining some kind of peace in the family - unwisely - cause that's a given. Dysfunctional families rarely reach out to professionals or to the community for solutions. Family sociologists state that families circle the wagons out of fear and shame rather than seeking outside help - and I'm suggesting that's what Cindy did to manage their problem. I am not talking at all about the WISDOM or LACK of wisdom here for what she did - not condoning it at all. But out of misguided love of her child and her family unit, and her pride of self for the face she put forward to the community - that's what she did. And she realized George couldn't handle the process like she could so she constantly shut him each time it got too much for him.

I have suspected this all along but not to this extend and not with the documentation above. Thoughts? :cowcouch:

Yes, I read the article.

I understand what you are saying and just want to make a point. Just as families circle the wagons in fear and shame, they also collude in guilt.

I don't know what was going on in that house, but something was. Who knows if Casey and/or Lee were abused. A very good psychologist said children's lying begins first with fear.

I personally feel Casey was petrified of her mother and psychologically abused by her from a very early age. I am not saying this excuses her murdering Caylee, but feel it was a mitigating factor to where I would have not voted for death had I been on the jury and she had been found guilty.

I am also weary of getting "slammed" but think it is highly possible that George did molest her.

:twocents:
Funny, I think it was the other way around. IMO, Casey was the one who was abusive. Cindy made the mistake of feeding the beast...no good will ever come from that.
JMO

I read the article as well. I would not be surprised if she exhibited such behavior for many years. Even JA said that without fca, the family was normal and pleasant. She was the part that wreaked havok on the dynamics. It is very possible that ca was not only trying to hide fca's actives from the world, but also trying to keep her from becoming enraged. We all saw the rage she displayed in court when jb had his back turned. She looked very capable of murder at that moment.

Has anyone else noticed that the cover of JB's "book" appears to have the equivalent of 3 pieces of duct tape on the cover. Whereas Jeff Ashton's book cover seemed to have just one......JB's appears to have 3.

Also of note.....the color appears to be similar as well.

3 pieces.PNG

Funny, I think it was the other way around. IMO, Casey was the one who was abusive. Cindy made the mistake of feeding the beast...no good will ever come from that.
JMO

Yes, I agree that Casey was/is very abusive as an adult. I am interested in knowing what happened when she was a child. I think she was abused.

JMO.

Thanks but I will not engage. I will remove my reply to your post.

No worries - I've removed my response - just used to posting examples or at best links to back up my thoughts - didn't do my first post to start a war - was interested in a discussion of who thought what and why...

:blowkiss:

You have been missed!!!

I was disappointed as I read this thread title to be "JOAN Baez Releasing New Book!". ;) And I got excited and thought "now that is a book I want to read". But alas. :blush:

I was disappointed as I read this thread title to be "JOAN Baez Releasing New Book!". ;) And I got excited and thought "now that is a book I want to read". But alas. :blush:

:silly:

Now THAT is funny!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members