The Rumor Mill -- unsubstantiated, yet possible relevant information

Status
Not open for further replies.
YOU don't really know if it is the KILLER that is taunting the family. What we seem to know is that someone that had the victim's cell phone is taunting the family. Why that person has that phone is another matter. There are a lot of nuts out there.

This is true. I don't know anything for certain. The phone could have been found and used by a third party to make those calls. But I highly doubt it. Why would someone do something like that? And at the time the calls had been made how would a third party who wasn't the murderer have known Melissa was definitely dead? Which, as it turns out, she most likely was. It's a stretch to say the least. Let's not forget that a lot of the information given by the caller, according to both the parents of the victim and their attorney, are being withheld so that in the future if more calls are made they can differentiate the false from the potential fact. In addition weren't certain details given that only someone who had been in close contact with Melissa would have known? There's a lot we don't know in general. We're all speculating here to some degree. There's been a lot of talk about the killer accessing the victims voicemail, but that's easy to do. I'm not sure that holds much water, or is even really relevant. But then again, we don't know what any potential stored messages may have revealed.

There is a very credible explanation as to why Mr.JB committed suicide. It seems to have nothing to do with a fear the walls were closing in on him. For the sake of the families privacy I will not say what the possible cause was.

Just another BS rumor started by someone, maybe the police that went out of control. Let us just say it may have gotten mixed up from one person to another to another, etc.

What still troubles me is the lack of force the DA/Police statement regarding that false rumor.

I've actually thought about this as well. I think you touch on a few key points here. We know the killer likes to taunt the families of his victims, so why not taunt the police as well? What if the person(s) responsible called in either an anonymous tip or used one of his throw away phones to tell the police where they could find the remains of some of his victims? I suppose anything is possible. Maybe the cops are afraid to come out and say that the person responsible for the GB4 told them where they could find the bodies? If they come out and tell the entire world the killer is providing them with information he may stop doing so in the future. I honestly don't know what to make of SG. It's very odd. It could certainly be coincidence she was discovered where she was, but as stated previously, what are the odds of that happening?

I think you just pointed out what might have been sitting in front of our noses this whole time, but we weren't seeing.

I dont think we just blew the lid off the case but I just think its another way of trying to figure this Bullcrap out. Cause thats what it is, bullcrap.

I think you just pointed out what might have been sitting in front of our noses this whole time, but we weren't seeing.

Possibly. I just think this guy, whomever he is, is a chestthumper. He's dying to take credit for ridding the world of these girls that he personally finds unacceptable. But how much credit can he take without risking his getting caught? I'm not saying there's some huge conspiracy between the police and the killer, I'm simply saying that this wouldn't be the first time there's been communication between law enforcement and the perpetrator prior to an apprehension. Berkowitz? The Zodiac? I wouldn't be shocked if this person, regardless of whether or not he's contacted police, has at some point in time made "off the cuff" remarks to others that were simply brushed off as farcical. If this is the case, eventually he'll get caught. Loose lips sink ships.

I still believe the reason the SK finds these girls "unacceptable" is because he's racist.

Each of the girls has an African American in their family/personal dynamics....
either a boyfriend, a child, a sibling, a step-father, etc.

edited to add

I've been studying the eroticreview, utopiaguide, etc & other websites for LI posters there who border on racist with their comments.

I think bringing racism up in this case will just fog it up even more. JMHO.

I still believe the reason the SK finds these girls "unacceptable" is because he's racist.

edited to add

I've been studying the eroticreview, utopiaguide, etc & other websites for LI posters there who border on racist with their comments.

I respect that theory, but I don't buy it. How would he know that one of the girls had a mixed child? I suppose she could have mentioned it casually in prior engagements with the killer (as I believe he "dates" these women several times before he eventually kills them), but that isn't what the girl is there for. She isn't looking for a life partner or a significant other, but for money. It's business. These girls don't even use their real names. You think in past dealings with the pimps he realized they were involved with men of other ethnic backgrounds so he killed them as a result? Then again, he did tell the sister of Melissa Barthelemy that he heard she was a "half-breed" or something or other, so he could definitely be racist. I just don't believe that's the defining reason he's committing these crimes. He's nuts, the girls are accessible, and they can't really put up much of a fight once he has them where he wants them. It's a matter of convenience. I saw in an article that Amber Lynn Costello's boyfriend was white, and she didn't have any children I'm aware of. Her pimp or roommate or whatever he's calling himself these days was white also.

Possibly. I just think this guy, whomever he is, is a chestthumper. He's dying to take credit for ridding the world of these girls that he personally finds unacceptable. But how much credit can he take without risking his getting caught? I'm not saying there's some huge conspiracy between the police and the killer, I'm simply saying that this wouldn't be the first time there's been communication between law enforcement and the perpetrator prior to an apprehension. Berkowitz? The Zodiac? I wouldn't be shocked if this person, regardless of whether or not he's contacted police, has at some point in time made "off the cuff" remarks to others that were simply brushed off as farcical. If this is the case, eventually he'll get caught. Loose lips sink ships.

Such words of wisdom about loose lips and you can learn so much about a person based on how they talk about others.

edited to add

I admire you for going on to those sites. I don't think I'd have the stomach for it.

I've also thought that perhaps racism comes into play here. The reason I think this is because of the comments that were made by the presumed killer to Melissa's sister.

I respect that theory, but I don't buy it. How would he know that one of the girls had a mixed child? I suppose she could have mentioned it casually in prior engagements with the killer (as I believe he "dates" these women several times before he eventually kills them), but that isn't what the girl is there for. She isn't looking for a life partner or a significant other, but for money. It's business. These girls don't even use their real names. You think in past dealings with the pimps he realized they were involved with men of other ethnic backgrounds so he killed them as a result? Then again, he did tell the sister of Melissa Barthelemy that he heard she was a "half-breed" or something or other, so he could definitely be racist. I just don't believe that's the defining reason he's committing these crimes. He's nuts, the girls are accessible, and they can't really put up much of a fight once he has them where he wants them. It's a matter of convenience. I saw in an article that Amber Lynn Costello's boyfriend was white, and she didn't have any children I'm aware of. Her pimp or roommate or whatever he's calling himself these days was white also.

I think he may have found out that Melissa's sister was half black from Melissa herself. JMOO. I think it's a possibility that he befriends these girls, also offering them decent money. Two of them were anxious to meet with him, that they left w/o their cellphones. JMO.

If you guys are going to pursue the racism thing; can you please make a seperate thread?

I think he may have found out that Melissa's sister was half black from Melissa herself. JMOO. I think it's a possibility that he befriends these girls, also offering them decent money. Two of them were anxious to meet with him, that they left w/o their cellphones. JMO.

Just throwing this out there. You can find TONS of information from someones cell phone. For example let me look at my crapple eyephone. Pictures of friends and family. Phone contacts with a picture of the person. Open the email. Text messages. Even better - Open Facebook or Myspace. Paypal. Craigslist. All account information is saved (by default), so you just click the app and your in.

I'm not shooting down the possibility that this person had taken the girls out several times before at all. Think what someone could find out about you by just poking around your phone. Pick your phone up and try it. Reality check. I want my old Motorola Startac back. Actually I'm going to get a pager after work today. :back:

I think he is a drug dealer/supplier. A very, very sick one.

I never thought of this, but it does make a lot of sense.

Girls who workk as prostitutes often have drug addiction/drug abuse issues.

I am in recovery and I know that what we suffer from, we will go to any lengths to get that drink or drug. These girls may have had a pre-existing relationship with the SK who was their drug dealer/drug supplier.

What better way to pay a drug addict for a service than with drugs? Right? I mean in all honesty, the money wouldnt go to the rent or the car payment or the groceries--the money would go to drugs. So the SK calls up and says:

"I have "x" amount of dope for you. Its better than that stuff I gave you three weeks ago that was really good--do you remember? "

Right there, the girl is coming and she will do whatever this guy says (like leave her cell phone behind and come alone).

To get the drugs, people will put themselves in harms way often, and what may seem crazy to an average person with no substance abuse history, this is perfectly normal for the addict.

To me it is a logical explanation to these girls leaving the phones and going alone. They probably figure that they will be high anyway, so why do I need the phone? I have been with this guy before and he is okay--gives me what I want and Ill get a good fix in for the night.

That is just my two cents on that idea, but I think it is a very good theory. The problem is that there is a drug epidemic on Long Island, so there are a ton of dealers. How do you narrow that one down? Also, my experience is that drug dealers are some of the most cruel and heartless people on the earth.

I never thought of this, but it does make a lot of sense.

Girls who workk as prostitutes often have drug addiction/drug abuse issues.

I am in recovery and I know that what we suffer from, we will go to any lengths to get that drink or drug. These girls may have had a pre-existing relationship with the SK who was their drug dealer/drug supplier.

What better way to pay a drug addict for a service than with drugs? Right? I mean in all honesty, the money wouldnt go to the rent or the car payment or the groceries--the money would go to drugs. So the SK calls up and says:

"I have "x" amount of dope for you. Its better than that stuff I gave you three weeks ago that was really good--do you remember? "

Right there, the girl is coming and she will do whatever this guy says (like leave her cell phone behind and come alone).

To get the drugs, people will put themselves in harms way often, and what may seem crazy to an average person with no substance abuse history, this is perfectly normal for the addict.

To me it is a logical explanation to these girls leaving the phones and going alone. They probably figure that they will be high anyway, so why do I need the phone? I have been with this guy before and he is okay--gives me what I want and Ill get a good fix in for the night.

That is just my two cents on that idea, but I think it is a very good theory. The problem is that there is a drug epidemic on Long Island, so there are a ton of dealers. How do you narrow that one down? Also, my experience is that drug dealers are some of the most cruel and heartless people on the earth.

except there were no drugs we know of in SG's me report and the G4 didn't know their predator prior to meeting up with him.

except there were no drugs we know of in SG's me report and the G4 didn't know their predator prior to meeting up with him.

Chances are the victims met the guy a few times prior to the final time when they were killed. In saying they didn't know him at all is probably incorrect. They broke their own rules for the killer. That tells me there was more than likely some kind of "rapport" with the murderer. I mean that in a business way of course. I think you're incorrect. You have too many bogus theories for my taste.

This would be subscribing to the theory that SG and the GB4 were killed by the same person, which I don't.

In addition, I believe that the victims had met the killer on previous occasions. Perhaps he was a "regular" customer for them for a while. Whatever the case, I think they knew him and whatever he told them to get them to come alone and without a cell phone-- and that is why i believe that SG and the GB4 are not connected--SG showed up at Gilgo with her driver, MP, and as we all know she had a cell phone with her that night. That doesnt fit the way the SK operated for these other murders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd