The Rumor Mill -- unsubstantiated, yet possible relevant information

Status
Not open for further replies.
This would be subscribing to the theory that SG and the GB4 were killed by the same person, which I don't.

In addition, I believe that the victims had met the killer on previous occasions. Perhaps he was a "regular" customer for them for a while. Whatever the case, I think they knew him and whatever he told them to get them to come alone and without a cell phone-- and that is why i believe that SG and the GB4 are not connected--SG showed up at Gilgo with her driver, MP, and as we all know she had a cell phone with her that night. That doesnt fit the way the SK operated for these other murders.

it was only the 2 victims killed *after* Gilbert that were convinced not to bring their phones along...

which substantially suggests that the killer didn't want to experience another 911 hassle IMO.

also, we've previously discussed this as far as Gilbert's 911 call but the only people that were aware of her 911 call (as far as we the public know) are Brewer and Pak. Coletti wasn't aware she had already phoned 911. And even the first responding police officer wasn't aware she had called 911. The connection of Gilbert's 911 call to Coletti's call wasn't made til Gilbert's family got her phone records & presented to police. So, if Gilbert was murdered, it could only have been Pak, Brewer or someone else along past Anchor Way that Gilbert herself told that she had called 911....IMO

except there were no drugs we know of in SG's me report and the G4 didn't know their predator prior to meeting up with him.

How do you know that the killer didn´t know the G4 victims prior to meeting up with him ???

except there were no drugs we know of in SG's me report and the G4 didn't know their predator prior to meeting up with him.

I recall reading last year in the earlier threads for this case that MB did have a client, an "older white guy" (according to her boyfriend) who lived out on Long Island. She was supposedly going to see him right around the time she disappeared. I also thought that it was stated that Amber knew the person who picked her up that day (or night?) she left the house wearing casual clothes.

Now, this of course could just be a coincidence. Melissa and Amber may have left with/gone out to see guys they supposedly knew, then later on fell into the hands of a killer; however, IMO, these two knew the killer.

Boro-I wish you the best of luck in your recovery. You're doing the right thing-stay strong.

I think we have to agree that the two gals that left for meet someone without a cell phone had good reason to believe they would be safe. I think we can also agree that in todays day and age most people do not leave their homes withouth their cell-phones. You kind of feel naked without it. It doesn't matter if you are fearful or you are feel perfectly safe. This makes me tend to believe there may have been a good reason for the gals to think they could venture out without support in one of the most dangerous professions in the world.

Did any of you ever consider that the person that called them was a police officer known to them? How much safer could you believe you could be than turning a trick for a cop, if not a gang of cops?

I have very good reason to believe that in SCPD there are more than one cops that have been known to abuse prostitutes. One in particular is well known to have done so on many occasions. The rumors that have been going on for quite some time and before this person came to a position where one might believe he is suspectible to such attacks due to his status was not present at the time of the alleged rapes, both 'consensual' and by force.

Since that time the Internet has gone on stream. It is as easy as typing in a web address and you have a cornicupia of treats laid before your eyes.` This person, by his status is right dab smack in the middle of this investigation......

We have also discussed the possibility the SK may have claimed to be taking her to a celebrity and asked her not to bring her cell phone for security reasons.

I think there a number of us who basically agree with Truthspider. We just don't feel the need to argue the same arguments over and over. Unless there is some new information, this case has pretty much gone cold. IMO

Truth's POI could be the supplier.
And this case can only go cold if the public lets it. Keep arguing and spitting out theories I say.

IAB is snug in their beds with visions of sugar plums dancing in their heads...IAB only does what they are told they can do, nothing else. In late 2001 they had a case they kept from the incoming DA because they knew the players were his detectives. When they sprung it on him more than 5 months later he almost crapped his pants.

Spota has major control of the PD. He now has his favorite little boy in charge of the PD. It took the last 10 years to manuver this piece of waste to the top spot in the PD. Something like the movie "The Departed" Jack Nichoson groomed matt damon, Spota has been grooming the bum now in charge of the Gilgo investigation.

A couple months ago Spota had a BS press conference singing the priases of this misfit claiming his good work brought about the arrests of six criminals for robbery. The man has no shame.

I'm telling you that I believe they will even try to frame an innocent man for the Gilgo murders to further the career of Tom's little favorite boy.

WHY THEY CAN'T BE TRUSTED. The Suffolk County Conservative Party Leader is also a Lieut. Inv. for the SC Dept of Corrections. He takes down about $200K a year. He has a major role in selecting the judges that will serve in Suffolk, and in some cases, Nassau County. He signs off on all 5 party endorsements, including the district attorney.

Back about 20+ years ago he was arrested and convicted of a sexual abuse crime on another student. He received 1 year probation. That was in the State of Maryland.

He would later go on and be arrested in Nassau County for Malicious Mischief. Pled out to disorderly conduct. I don't know the details of the underlying crime.

His driver's license was suspended at least 3 x.

He had first applied to the NYPD as a police officer. They found illegal drugs in his body. He was rejected.
He goes on to apply for the a position in Corrections. The personnel director rejects his application. Cites all the reasons above, and the fact that the crimes and misdeeds, and his rejection to the NYPD were not on the application.

It is highly recommended that he NOT receive the job.

Not only is he a member of Corrections, he has a job with a title that some folks say doesn't really exist - they just made it up.

DA Spota ..........who is he? Do they drink together at Shandon Ct? Or anywhere else for that matter? These are the people we rely upon to investigate these cases of an apparent serial killer.

What I am trying to tell you folks is you can't depend on Suffolk County POLS to give you a fair shake on this case if there is any chance someone of influence is involved. It ain't gonna happen.

The leaders in suffolk county are so steeped in corruption and cover-ups makes it a very strong possiblility that somehow, somewhere, there is a conflict of interest here.

The current DA was cited in a NYS Inv.Report in 1989 as being all but a crooked lawyer paying off police officers for DWI referrals. The Inv Report was sent to the then- DA, Patrick Henry, the alleged mentor of Spota for investigation. The investigation consisted of Henry telling his Bureau chief to call Spota's then law partner and ask him if there was any truth to the allegations. The law partner said........guess. Case Closed.

It goes on and on. The judge that exposed all of the corruption got sent to North Carolina because he didn't get his own parties endorsement for re-election.

One of the cases examined by the Commission was the murder of a Maureen Negus. The now infamous Det.McCready said three witnesses came to him and said they recognized the suspect from a picture they saw in the papers. the suspect's photo was never printed in a paper.

McCready' s partner said the suspect told him after he stabbed the victim he cleaned the knife and threw it in the backyard. Of course they found a clean knife in the backyard. Several months later the estranged husband of the victim returned home to clean up and found the bloody knife behind a refrigerator, only 15' from where the body lain.

They weren't finished. Two detectives visited the Riverhead Jail and had a 17 year old criminal named Joey Pistone to tell them he got a jail house confession from the suspect. Pistone would testify before the Commission that it was all a lie given to him by the detectives.

The murder MAY have been the result of a corruption investigation by some unkown authorities concerning the theft of hi end construction equipment from various locations.

Twice, while a private attorney, Tom Spota represented McCready in criminal actions.

Hawk,
what do you suggest the victims' families do?
Also, aren't you concerned for your own safety?

Why do we even have CO Investigators? Deputy Sheriff Investigators handle the background investigations for DS and CO candidates, investigate crimes in the jails, and the law enforcement aspect (East End Drug Task Force, Suffolk County Gang Task Force, etc) anyways.

BTW: is it true that McCready opened a bar with the sister of the guy who is widely suspected of being the real Tankleff family murderer? Does anyone not see the obvious here? The lead detective on a business venture with the main suspect's sister ... gee no problem here (rolls eyes).

McCrready received money from Marty Tankleff's half sister Shari Rother that she gave to her husband to invest with McCready. Prior to Marty being convicted he was the the heir to more than 90% of the money of his parent's estate. By default, Shari got the money. The name of the bar is Digger O Dells in Riverhead.

The bar lost money and it went under. Some folks say McCready 'drank all of the profits.'

Jerry Steuerman, who some say was the real killer owed Seymour Tankleff $500,000.00. It is believed the money was never returned to the estate. I think there were a lot of quid pro quos floating around Suffolk County.

Steuerman now lives in a up scale gated community in Boca Raton.

A couple of weeks after the attacks and Seymour was still in a coma, Steuerman faked his own death when he left his car door open and running and went to ISP. He changed his identity, changed his plug job for his head. And he took out a life insurance policy. He was never even charged for attempted fraud.

Prior to the Tankleff homicides, McCready was accused by the NYS Investigation Commission of lying to convict a man of murder. He reported that 3 men saw the suspects photo in a newspaper. There was no such photo in any paper. He was also arrested and charged for beating a man to a pulp after an argument in a bar.

Private attorney Tom Spota represented him on both matters. The assault charge was tried at a bench trial and McCready was acquitted.

it was only the 2 victims killed *after* Gilbert that were convinced not to bring their phones along...

which substantially suggests that the killer didn't want to experience another 911 hassle IMO.

They were also the 2 victims that followed MB. Maybe once the police announced that his calls had been traced to a specific area he realized that them having their phones was too risky.

McCrready received money from Marty Tankleff's half sister Shari Rother that she gave to her husband to invest with McCready. Prior to Marty being convicted he was the the heir to more than 90% of the money of his parent's estate. By default, Shari got the money. The name of the bar is Digger O Dells in Riverhead.

The bar lost money and it went under. Some folks say McCready 'drank all of the profits.'

Jerry Steuerman, who some say was the real killer owed Seymour Tankleff $500,000.00. It is believed the money was never returned to the estate. I think there were a lot of quid pro quos floating around Suffolk County.

Steuerman now lives in a up scale gated community in Boca Raton.

A couple of weeks after the attacks and Seymour was still in a coma, Steuerman faked his own death when he left his car door open and running and went to ISP. He changed his identity, changed his plug job for his head. And he took out a life insurance policy. He was never even charged for attempted fraud.

They named the bar after an undertaker. That's cute.

WHY THEY CAN'T BE TRUSTED. The Suffolk County Conservative Party Leader is also a Lieut. Inv. for the SC Dept of Corrections. He takes down about $200K a year. He has a major role in selecting the judges that will serve in Suffolk, and in some cases, Nassau County. He signs off on all 5 party endorsements, including the district attorney.

Back about 20+ years ago he was arrested and convicted of a sexual abuse crime on another student. He received 1 year probation. That was in the State of Maryland.

He would later go on and be arrested in Nassau County for Malicious Mischief. Pled out to disorderly conduct. I don't know the details of the underlying crime.

His driver's license was suspended at least 3 x.

He had first applied to the NYPD as a police officer. They found illegal drugs in his body. He was rejected.
He goes on to apply for the a position in Corrections. The personnel director rejects his application. Cites all the reasons above, and the fact that the crimes and misdeeds, and his rejection to the NYPD were not on the application.

It is highly recommended that he NOT receive the job.

Not only is he a member of Corrections, he has a job with a title that some folks say doesn't really exist - they just made it up.

DA Spota ..........who is he? Do they drink together at Shandon Ct? Or anywhere else for that matter? These are the people we rely upon to investigate these cases of an apparent serial killer.

Re the sentence I bolded - if that's the case, how on earth did he get into corrections? Who ended up giving him a job?

Re the sentence I bolded - if that's the case, how on earth did he get into corrections? Who ended up giving him a job?

That is what a lot or people are asking. Newsday reporter receiving the information said his editors weren't interested. It was old news. Sure, they devote their stories to bashing the NCPD. They are simply terrorized about writing a negative story about SCPD. A lawyer who is not afriad of them constantly writes letters about corruption in LI. If I can find the email he sent to me regarding a letter he sent to Spota about this matter I will cut and paste it in the next post.

The initial letter had all the I's dotted and Ts crossed. Had a copy of the arrest report. A detail of the three license suspensions. The arrest in Maryland for sexual abuse. The letter from a personnel director citing the guy was rejected for the NYPD for an illegal drug in his body. And that he left some of this off on his application for CO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151