Witness accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the Witness thread, isn't it? This one seems kinda interesting:

TMChasingWitness.png

Wonder who was chasing who?

I need to relisten to the witness audio because I swear I heard that the one behind had a flashlight. Maybe I read this. I've read/heard so many things I'm sure I've mixed it up.

In Zimmerman's statement according to the bond hearing Trayvon punched him in the nose knocking him down.

This mark is not from a punch IMO.

gnose.jpg

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/17/george-zimmerman-photos_n_1526045.html

My husband does not follow this case the way I do so I showed him this picture. Didn't tell him what, just asked his opinion. Based only on his experiences with broken noses, he doesn't believe that was caused by a sucker punch. A fist doesn't leave a straight laceration like the one in the pic. Just one man's opinion but I agree. Good find, Dr. Fessel!

I need to relisten to the witness audio because I swear I heard that the one behind had a flashlight. Maybe I read this. I've read/heard so many things I'm sure I've mixed it up.

This witness appears to be saying that she didn't see much because she took out her contact lenses. But for whatever reason prosecution felt this witness was important enough to include in the affidavit.

This witness appears to be saying that she didn't see much because she took out her contact lenses. But for whatever reason prosecution felt this witness was important enough to include in the affidavit.

I've read this thing six times and still don't see "flashlight." I did, however, read "fistfight" as "flashlight" at least twice. lol

This whole "HOODIE" word annoys me. If anyone other than a black young person covers their head with the hood of their sweatshirt, it is called a "HOOD."

In driving around in the rain, recently, I have deliberately taken notice of what people do with the hood of their jacket or sweatshirt. Some would not believe how many people put the hood up...especially those who do not have an umbrella.

One thing I have noticed as well, is that Many Teens of Every Skin Color are wearing their hooded sweatshirts and are wearing the hood up even when it is sunny. I say, good for them.

I wear my hoodies all the time & love them. I'm a36 year old woman. Just saying

I think whatever she saw could have been people who arrived on the scene, and were not either Zimmerman or Trayvon. I think there some people who arrived with flashlights? Did she even have them running toward the scene or away from it? If it's away from the scene I think it could have been a 13 year old boy chasing after his dog.

I think it's obvious the state believes it was Zimmerman who was chasing Trayvon with a flashlight, as inferred by Gilbreath at the bond hearing. Gilbreath testified that Zimmerman had two flashlights with him, including a "tactical" flashlight. A tactical flashlight is "used in conjunction with a firearm to aid in low light target identification, allowing the marksman to simultaneously aim and illuminate the target." Although it can be handheld, the gun George used to kill Trayvon comes with a mount for it.

Everyone should keep in mind that we've only been allowed to see half of the prosecution's evidence to date, and in the remaining half is the state's strongest evidence against the accused, including Zimmerman's statements about what transpired that night, which are purportedly conflicting.

Jurors are not expected to live like Monks away from media influences. All they are asked to do is to listen to the evidence that is presented in court with an open mind. Even if you have already formed an opinion, which most people have, as long as you can agree to listen to the evidence from both sides and use that as your basis for determining if the person is innocent or guilty than you will more than likely end up on a jury. Even defense attorneys don't want clueless jurors. jmo

In my experience, jurors ARE instructed to avoid media coverage of the case and, nowadays, "media" would include social networks and fora such as this one.

I was a juror on a three-month murder trial. Although it wasn't a terribly high-profile case (and it was before the days of cable news channels), I basically gave up on current events during that period.

I think it's obvious the state believes it was Zimmerman who was chasing Trayvon, as inferred by Gilbreath at the bond hearing. Gilbreath testified that Zimmerman had two flashlights with him, including a "tactical" flashlight. A tactical flashlight is "used in conjunction with a firearm to aid low light target identification, allowing the marksman to simultaneously aim and illuminate the target." Although it can be handheld the gun George used comes with a mount for it.

Everyone should keep in mind that we've only been allowed to see half of the prosecution's evidence to date. And in the remaining half is the state's strongest evidence against the accused, including Zimmerman's statements about what transpired that night, which are purportedly conflicting.

Maybe you can help me then. I've now read it at least TEN times, and I still don't see the word flashlight??? I think I must be losing what's left of my mind!

I think it's obvious the state believes it was Zimmerman who was chasing Trayvon with a flashlight, as inferred by Gilbreath at the bond hearing. Gilbreath testified that Zimmerman had two flashlights with him, including a "tactical" flashlight. A tactical flashlight is "used in conjunction with a firearm to aid in low light target identification, allowing the marksman to simultaneously aim and illuminate the target." Although it can be handheld, the gun George used to kill Trayvon comes with a mount for it.

Everyone should keep in mind that we've only been allowed to see half of the prosecution's evidence to date. And in the remaining half is the state's strongest evidence against the accused, including Zimmerman's statements about what transpired that night, which are purportedly conflicting.

I don't know why that would be obvious, if they are basing it on testimony from someone who says she only saw "glances" because her contact lenses were out, and could not identify anyone. For all I know, it could have been a guy going to the scene with a flashlight, who was neither Trayvon nor Zimmerman.

In my experience, jurors ARE instructed to avoid media coverage of the case and, nowadays, "media" would include social networks and fora such as this one.

I was a juror on a three-month murder trial. Although it wasn't a terribly high-profile case (and it was before the days of cable news channels), I basically gave up on current events during that period.

IMO, it is very likely that this jury, if there ever is one, will be sequestered, no?

Maybe you can help me then. I've now read it at least TEN times, and I still don't see the word flashlight??? I think I must be losing what's left of my mind!

Cause the word "flashlight" is not in there.

My husband does not follow this case the way I do so I showed him this picture. Didn't tell him what, just asked his opinion. Based only on his experiences with broken noses, he doesn't believe that was caused by a sucker punch. A fist doesn't leave a straight laceration like the one in the pic. Just one man's opinion but I agree. Good find, Dr. Fessel!

I totally agree with your husband and Dr. Fessel. I smell something very fishy.

I don't understand how Zimmerman could have possibly been the one on top, beating Trayvon up, and yet Trayvon has no injuries whatsoever to his face, head or neck.
"John" described what he saw, including clothing, and it's clear to me, based on "John's" statement, that Zimmerman was the one on the bottom getting beat up.

He didn't have to beating him. He could have pinned him down.

Everyone should keep in mind that we've only been allowed to see half of the prosecution's evidence to date, and in the remaining half is the state's strongest evidence against the accused, including Zimmerman's statements about what transpired that night, which are purportedly conflicting.

Speaking of that flashlight, I found something in the document dump that has me puzzled. On page 47 it states that Two (2) swabs of suspected blood evidence collected from the Skittles located with in item #DMS-10 and the flashlight located with in item #DMS-6. Now in reading more of that report DMS-10 are the personal effects-collected from within the victim's pockets (pg 45), and DMS-6 is the flashlight- one black colored flashlight located and collected in the grass of a courtyard between buildings- object marker #5 (pg 45). Now no where in the released documents do I see either being tested to see if they were blood or whose blood they belonged to. That appears sloppy to me.

MOO

whew! TY! lol So now can you clue me on where the flashlight reference is? TIA

Is this what you are talking about?

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7939719&postcount=381"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Witness accounts[/ame]

Not understanding the problem you are having with it?

I believe on the SPD evidence list there a two flashlights that were GZ's property and one of them was on his keychain. Seems I read the other was in the gun holster.

Quotes aren't showing...sorry here is the re: for the following reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleonardelli

Do you know what pages those were on or which witness audio recordings those were? I have only listened to 2 of those witness recording and one indicated she believe GZ was on top."

jjenny reply to above:
I don't understand how Zimmerman could have possibly been the one on top, beating Trayvon up, and yet Trayvon has no injuries whatsoever to his face, head or neck.
"John" described what he saw, including clothing, and it's clear to me, based on "John's" statement, that Zimmerman was the one on the bottom getting beat up."

My response to both:
From everything I have found, John lives closest to where the two were on the ground and somehow Trayvon was found dead three or four houses down

Different witnesses saw different sections of the contact between GZ and TM.

It is obvious that this was a moving interaction. The flashlight, the Honda Key, the tan Plastic bag (likely the 7-11 bag) and Trayvon's phone were several houses away from where TM lay dead or from what witnesses and SFD suggest lay dying. (MC heard TM whimpering or crying, saw TM's foot move and SPD got a slight rhythm of a Few" beats on their monitor amidst the mostly flatline.)

The school teacher heard the beginning, she described it as talking, then moments later she heard more talking voices, after going to her window then she saw "wrestling." She reports that they were about 10 feet away from her porch. She says that at some point the two were about three feet from other peoples patios. MC & her roommate see the end where GZ is straddled over TM's body and touching his back. This is quite a ways into the courtyard.

This altercation moved around...the bad thing is that only one women without her contacts in saw the two figures, with a "fistfight" between them running, IIRC North (but don't quote me on that part.) I'm trying to figure out if this was after "John" shut and locked his door and went upstairs to call 911 and in this time frame he heard a "pop...sounded like a rock..." and before MC and her roommate saw the aftermath.

MC, her roommate and others, probably closest, heard a shot. Several witnesses described two shots...maybe it was the echo off of the buildings or someones door slamming. Because SPD, says they have 7 bullets...one in the chamber and six in the cartridge as well as the casing found near TM. They did not find any other casings, they said.

ETA: how do you have a fist fight between them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23