The PayPal Defense Fund

Status
Not open for further replies.
I certainly do not begrudge GZ the money for his defense. I hope he receives all he needs for the best defense possible. He has been the victim of a character assassination...every word from anyone associated with him is parsed and made to look evil. It is just aa constant onslaught and has become so petty, virulent and over the top...that I hope his PayPal acct meets his every need and more.
The man is entitled to an excellent defense.

I believe GZ is entitled to his PayPal account, too. Not for all the same reasons you listed because I believe GZ's own statements from his family and friends through the media have done him more harm than anything the media has reported. They came forward and volunteered their statements to the press and GZ can't change that. He never stated either that their statements were false.

As far as MOM knowing about the money in the account, I think this poor man had so many balls in the air when he first received this case that this account was the furthest from his mind. While I think he is a sly one, I also think he is very smart and a good defense attorney. I don't think GZ could ever complain that his attorney did not do his job. jmo

My point is when we point fingers expect others to point back. I have no problem with the Foundation. I understand they have quit their jobs and will now travel and speak and be supported by the Foundation. Very commendable.

But in a case like this...expect that attempts to go beyond the facts of the trial...into things like this PayPal situation...will cause others to look closely in return.

I'm not saying there will be anything to find. I wish the Family well and hope their new speaking careers do well and are profitable. I understand they will speak against SYG laws.

But I wish we could just concentrate on the case instead of tangential issues. Too much piling on IMO.

I also wish GZ receives all the money he needs for the best defense possible. He will need after the media smearing he has received.

Unfortunately, you are mistaken about Trayvon's parent's employment. Sybrina is employed by the county of Dade and Tracy Martin is employed as a truck driver. Neither have quit their jobs and additionally employees of Dade County have donated eight months of leave time for Sybrina to use for the upcoming trial, etc.

My point is when we point fingers expect others to point back. I have no problem with the Foundation. I understand they have quit their jobs and will now travel and speak and be supported by the Foundation. Very commendable.

But in a case like this...expect that attempts to go beyond the facts of the trial...into things like this PayPal situation...will cause others to look closely in return.

I'm not saying there will be anything to find. I wish the Family well and hope their new speaking careers do well and are profitable. I understand they will speak against SYG laws.

But I wish we could just concentrate on the case instead of tangential issues. Too much piling on IMO.

I also wish GZ receives all the money he needs for the best defense possible. He will need after the media smearing he has received.

Tracy Martin is a truck driver and, to my knowledge he hasn't quit his job. Do you have a link that states this as fact?

Sybrina Fulton didn't quit her job with Dade County. She received eight months of paid time off donated by compassionate co-workers.

As you've correctly stated, "truth matters".

Edited to add link:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...-months-vacation-time-donation_n_1511553.html

Tracy Martin is a truck driver and, to my knowledge he hasn't quit his job. Do you have a link that states this as fact?

Sybrina Fulton didn't quit her job with Dade County. She received eight months of paid time off donated by compassionate co-workers.

I thought I read that as well suzihawk. Thanks for refreshing my memory.

Edited to add link:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...-months-vacation-time-donation_n_1511553.html
i
Absolutely truth matters, Thank you very much for the correction!

And it is a testimony to the high regard in which her co-workers hold her that they donated their vacation time.

I hope we are not so blinded to either side that we cannot see good loving parents of both GZ and TM...and have compassion for BOTH.

I'm not sure what the big deal is here. He knew about the site prior to going to jail. He did not know how much money was in it. Pitching a donation to his site when he doesn't know how much is in it is nothing out of the ordinary.

Well, we know he claims he didn't know how much was in it. However, that same day in court, GZ also claimed he didn't know how old TM was. And we all know his statements on the 911 call tell a very different story. Suffice it to say I'll take a big grain of salt to go with GZ's self-serving statement.

Well, we know he claims he didn't know how much was in it. However, that same day in court, GZ also claimed he didn't know how old TM was. And we all know his statements on the 911 call tell a very different story. Suffice it to say I'll take a big grain of salt to go with GZ's self-serving statement.

Do you have anything concrete to say he did know how much was in it? Do you have anything concrete to say he did know how old Mr. Martin was? You're trying to paint him as a liar and I've seen no proof of it. If you're using the 911 call as a source for KNOWING how old Mr. Martin was, I'd find it to have high expectations that he was psychic. He gave an estimation. He later gave an estimation that he felt Mr. Martin was older. Police gave an estimation that he was white - are they lying too? Mr. Martin made this same estimation, was he lying?

GZ was also traumatized by this incident. If we give that pass to TM's Father when he definitely said It was NOT TM screaming...let's be fair and give it to GZ.

It was traumatic all around. Why do we need to talk about "lying?" High emotion confuses. And being beaten and then shooting someone to make them STOP...is traumatic.

Do you have anything concrete to say he did know how much was in it? Do you have anything concrete to say he did know how old Mr. Martin was? You're trying to paint him as a liar and I've seen no proof of it. If you're using the 911 call as a source for KNOWING how old Mr. Martin was, I'd find it to have high expectations that he was psychic. He gave an estimation. He later gave an estimation that he felt Mr. Martin was older. Police gave an estimation that he was white - are they lying too? Mr. Martin made this same estimation, was he lying?

More importantly, imo, the bond hearing is over. The court is aware of the account. George is out on bail in another state and has not jumped bail -- thus further supporting the Court's conclusion that the bail was proper. And, the State doesn't seem to care much.

Tempest in a very tiny teapot, imo.

I don't feel the need to paint him as a liar. I believe the evidence speaks for itself. And I believe that the evidence will continue to demonstrate such at trial.

How convenient that Mr. Zimmerman's estimations vary according to his audience and how it benefits him at the moment. It benefited him, or so he thought, to give a lame statement of condolence to the Martin family claiming he didn't know how young Trayvon was, yet was amazingly accurate in describing him as "in his late teens" when on the phone with dispatch.

Liar? You bet I think he's a liar. And I also think he's a murderer.

GZ was also traumatized by this incident. If we give that pass to TM's Father when he definitely said It was NOT TM screaming...let's be fair and give it to GZ.

It was traumatic all around. Why do we need to talk about "lying?" High emotion confuses. And being beaten and then shooting someone to make them STOP...is traumatic.

BBM

With all due respect, are you being facetious?

Using that line of reasoning, why don't we just give a pass to all defendants and see how many crimes are adjudicated? Or do we just give the pass to those who claim self-defense when the other party is dead and unable to speak for themselves?

There's a reason that people take an oath to tell the truth and nothing but the truth in a court of law, and a reason why there's a prosecutable offense called perjury. Because it serves the interest of justice.

I don't feel the need to paint him as a liar. I believe the evidence speaks for itself. And I believe that the evidence will continue to demonstrate such at trial.

How convenient that Mr. Zimmerman's estimations vary according to his audience and how it benefits him at the moment. It benefited him, or so he thought, to give a lame statement of condolence to the Martin family claiming he didn't know how young Trayvon was, yet was amazingly accurate in describing him as "in his late teens" when on the phone with dispatch.

Liar? You bet I think he's a liar. And I also think he's a murderer.

So after he took a beating from someone he thought to be in his "late teens" it is not logical that he could have had the thought that Mr. Martin was older? Lets try the other shoe. If Mr. Martin was 25 would you then be saying "oh! he said that Mr. Martin was around his age so he's lying!" thus ignoring the "late teens" estimation?

BBM

With all due respect, are you being facetious?

Using that line of reasoning, why don't we just give a pass to all defendants and see how many crimes are adjudicated? Or do we just give the pass to those who claim self-defense when the other party is dead and unable to speak for themselves?

There's a reason that people take an oath to tell the truth and nothing but the truth in a court of law, and a reason why there's a prosecutable offense called perjury. Because it serves the interest of justice.

I'm sayng that some of these accusations of "lies" are applied only in one direction. Trauma causes confusion. If you are going to kindly give a pas to confusion from those on one "side" of this case because of "trauma"...then impose the same standard on the way you treat any confusion in GZ's testimony.

Since it was a Paypal account and if the records would be subpoenaed, it would be easy to determine if he was lying or not.And I bet he was lying.
The records would reveal when the monies were deposited, how often and when the password protected account was accessed by the owner of account(balance checking).
How and when monies were transferred out, etc, etc. And depending on how the log is written, it could even have details from which location/device/ISP the account was accessed by the owner.

Since it was a Paypal account and if the records would be subpoenaed, it would be easy to determine if he was lying or not.And I bet he was lying.
The records would reveal when the monies were deposited, how often and when the password protected account was accessed by the owner of account(balance checking).
How and when monies were transferred out, etc, etc. And depending on how the log is written, it could even have details from which location/device/ISP the account was accessed by the owner.

What I find even more interesting is that $200,000 seems to be the going rate for interviews (pictures) today for talk shows. And for such a short period of time that this account was open, plus the fact that GZ talked to a host of a talk show, it just seems ironic that this talk show host has said nothing about what he and GZ discussed. A show host that passes up a scoop how hinky is that??? jmo

Then there were all those never seen before pictures of him as an angelic little kid and making pizza in a profile piece a while back. Someone was paid for those pics.

George Zimmerman was ordered back to jail on Friday for misleading the court at his bond hearing about his finances.

Seminole County Circuit Court Judge Kenneth Lester revoked the bail for Zimmerman — who is facing a second-degree murder charge in the shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin of Miami Gardens — after finding that Zimmerman and his wife concealed their access to a $200,000 account during a bail hearing in April.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/06/01/2827932/judge-orders-zimmerman-back-to.html#storylink=cpy

Here is the state's motion to revoke bond filed today: http://media.miamiherald.com/smedia/2012/06/01/17/03/n0VDl.So.56.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23