FBI considering hate crime charges against Zimmerman #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but "Dog the Bounty Hunter" only uses mace... He's my idol.

Because Duane (Dog) has a felony conviction from his younger days and is not allowed to possess a firearm under Federal Law. I have a very good friend who is a former Police Officer and is now a Bounty Hunter (owns his own business), and I assure you, he always carries 2 firearms on him at all times, especially when Bounty Hunting.

As I stated in my other reply. Read the context of the quoted statement.

Also, how do you think they make arrests? They are not law enforcement officers. It IS citizen's arrest, which again, is in context to the quoted statement.

LE can't arrest someone without a reason. Walking while black is not a crime. GZ had no right to touch TM, to try to detain TM, TM did not have to answer his questions and certainly did not have to stop for GZ. TM had the same freedoms as GZ. GZ had no right, no authority to take that away from him.

The thread is about GZ who has no legal authority to just walk up to someone and arrest them for no reason. There is no law that states that you can do that. jmo

LE can't arrest someone without a reason. Walking while black is not a crime. GZ had no right to touch TM, to try to detain TM, TM did not have to answer his questions and certainly did not have to stop for GZ. TM had the same freedoms as GZ. GZ had no right, no authority to take that away from him. jmo

And we go back to the out-of-context replies.

LE can't arrest someone without a reason. Walking while black is not a crime. GZ had no right to touch TM, to try to detain TM, TM did not have to answer his questions and certainly did not have to stop for GZ. TM had the same freedoms as GZ. GZ had no right, no authority to take that away from him.

The thread is about GZ who has no legal authority to just walk up to someone and arrest them for no reason. There is no law that states that you can do that. jmo

There's an old Andy Griffith episode where Gomer Pyle stops someone and yells, "Citizen's Arr-est, citizen's arr-est." I have a picture in my mind of George Zimmerman doing that and being as ridiculous as Gomer Pyle was.
George Zimmerman had no right to stop TM for any imagined reason, for not liking his looks, for not liking his color, for not liking his clothing or any reason whatsoever since TM was walking on a sidewalk doing nothing illegal. It was Zimmerman who was acting illegally and I hope he is prosecuted for violating TM's civil rights, the most basic of which is the right to life, to which he was entitled just as much as George Zimmerman.

There's an old Andy Griffith episode where Gomer Pyle stops someone and yells, "Citizen's Arr-est, citizen's arr-est." I have a picture in my mind of George Zimmerman doing that and being as ridiculous as Gomer Pyle was.
George Zimmerman had no right to stop TM for any imagined reason, for not liking his looks, for not liking his color, for not liking his clothing or any reason whatsoever since TM was walking on a sidewalk doing nothing illegal. It was Zimmerman who was acting illegally and I hope he is prosecuted for violating TM's civil rights, the most basic of which is the right to life, to which he was entitled just as much as George Zimmerman.

Loved Gomer Pyle! Just to add a little sorely needed levity...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9efgLHgsBmM"]Citizens Arrest - YouTube[/ame]

Because Duane (Dog) has a felony conviction from his younger days and is not allowed to possess a firearm under Federal Law. I have a very good friend who is a former Police Officer and is now a Bounty Hunter (owns his own business), and I assure you, he always carries 2 firearms on him at all times, especially when Bounty Hunting.

Is he licensed by the state for the work he does? Or does he just go around catching any bad guy he wants to? (Your "friend" that is) I only ask because the assumption being made previously was that this is a "citizen's arrest" when i know for a fact bounty hunters have to be trained, licensed and sometimes deputized. TIA

Is he licensed by the state for the work he does? Or does he just go around catching any bad guy he wants to? (Your "friend" that is) I only ask because the assumption being made previously was that this is a "citizen's arrest" when i know for a fact bounty hunters have to be trained, licensed and sometimes deputized. TIA

Not all states require a bounty hunter to be licensed, just as not all states allow citizen's arrest (thus, no bounty hunters per se - off duty police officers mostly).

Not all states require a bounty hunter to be licensed, just as not all states allow citizen's arrest (thus, no bounty hunters per se - off duty police officers mostly).

That's definitely news to me.... ((smh))

And bonded. jmo

I still find it hard to believe that following someone, no matter the speed, is what people are claiming to be what killed Mr. Martin. You would think there would be a law against following someone the way some people try to spin it to be an illegal act.

How can you follow someone you can't see, someone who ran out of sight?

Did GZ walk to the next street? (Seems there was time to do that.) If he did, he wasn't persuing TM, he was looking for TM--looking to see if he left the area. TM didn't go that way, unless he ran around that building and doubled back to the area between the buildings--where they were observed fighting.

Florida

In Florida you must obtain your "limited surety agent" license from the Florida Department of Financial Services, Bureau of Agent and Agency Licensing, in order to legally apprehend bail fugitives.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bounty_hunter"]Bounty hunter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

I hate to quote Wikipedia but "WHEW" glad bounty hunters here need at least SOME licensing!

Arrest

When someone has the reasonable suspicion that a felony has been committed, a citizen's arrest might be made. The arrest is no different than any other police arrest. All relevant laws apply. Excessive force cannot be used, for example. But the general concept is that any citizen has the right to stop another who has committed a felony.

Read more: Florida Citizen's Arrest Laws | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/list_7258531_florida-citizen_s-arrest-laws.html#ixzz1vYmlJwPR

Guess GZ superceded his rights in a citizen's arrest as well...

How can you follow someone you can't see, someone who ran out of sight?

Did GZ walk to the next street? (Seems there was time to do that.) If he did, he wasn't persuing TM, he was looking for TM--looking to see if he left the area. TM didn't go that way, unless he ran around that building and doubled back to the area between the buildings--where they were observed fighting.

By all accounts Mr. Zimmerman lost sight of Trayvon. I'm not sure what your alluding to here. In context, what I stated was in reply to someone saying "Mr. Martin was killed because Mr. Zimmerman followed him" - or something along those lines. With context in mind, aren't you agreeing with what I said, even though it's done argumentatively?

Florida

In Florida you must obtain your "limited surety agent" license from the Florida Department of Financial Services, Bureau of Agent and Agency Licensing, in order to legally apprehend bail fugitives.

Bounty hunter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I hate to quote Wikipedia but "WHEW" glad bounty hunters here need at least SOME licensing!

Read more: Florida Citizen's Arrest Laws | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/list_7258531_florida-citizen_s-arrest-laws.html#ixzz1vYmlJwPR

Guess GZ superceded his rights in a citizen's arrest as well...

The only ones to make claim that Mr. Zimmerman was in any way trying to detain Mr. Martin are the supporters of the State of Florida. <modsnip>

By all accounts Mr. Zimmerman lost sight of Trayvon. I'm not sure what your alluding to here. In context, what I stated was in reply to someone saying "Mr. Martin was killed because Mr. Zimmerman followed him" - or something along those lines. With context in mind, aren't you agreeing with what I said, even though it's done argumentatively?

BBM
Yes, it was supporting. It was intended in a calm, polite tone . . . but I couldn't find a calm, polite icon.

:peeks head out to look at label on wall:

FBI considering hate crimes charges.

Ok then, carry on...

A media article, that's interesting seeing how the media is bashed all the time.

And if we're talking statistics, that media article that keeps being used as proof states that there were, 8 burglaries in 14 months, and "several" of them were committed by black kids? How many does that make in 14 months, 2? 3?

Several, not most, not majority and most certainly not rampant crime committed by black kids. So according to that article it certainly doesn't make the profiling charge bogus at all.

Yeah, there are several suspect items in that article being fed to us;)

At least eight burglaries were reported within Twin Lakes in the 14 months prior to the Trayvon Martin shooting, according to the Sanford Police Department. Yet in a series of interviews, Twin Lakes residents said dozens of reports of attempted break-ins and would-be burglars casing homes had created an atmosphere of growing fear in the neighborhood.

Emphasis mine. Well, we know someone who made several reports...but I don't find him particularly credible.

One morning in July 2011, a black teenager walked up to Zimmerman's front porch and stole a bicycle, neighbors told Reuters. A police report was taken, though the bicycle was not recovered.

Again, hmm...someone witnessed this, did they? I admit I haven't been able to keep all the witnesses of everything straight in this case, so perhaps someone might enlighten me, but this sounds hinky to me.

etc.

Yeah, there are several suspect items in that article being fed to us;)

Emphasis mine. Well, we know someone who made several reports...but I don't find him particularly credible.

Again, hmm...someone witnessed this, did they? I admit I haven't been able to keep all the witnesses of everything straight in this case, so perhaps someone might enlighten me, but this sounds hinky to me.

etc.

I haven't had 8 burglaries over ALL of the neighborhoods I've ever lived in in my ENTIRE LIFE. If there were 8 burglaries in my tiny gated community in 14 months, I would be moving...pronto. That's a riduculous number of crimes in a small area over a very short period of time by any reasonable law-abiding person's standards, imo.

And the article says that the dozens of attempted break-ins (as opposed to completed burglaries) were reported by residents, not just by George. I'm sayin' it doesn't sound even slightly unlikely that George got his bike stolen off the patio under the circumstances. In fact, it sounds mighty likely. It really makes me sick that there were that many crimes and attempted crimes in a single small neighborhood over a short period of time and the attitude is, oh, no big...go get yerself an alarm system and hope they hit your neighbors instead of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie