FBI considering hate crime charges against Zimmerman #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was not "one Black neighbor." The article I posted numerous times says a Black teen took GZ's bike, two other Black teens broke into a young Mother's house while she was home with her Baby. An AA neighbor STATES clearly that Black teenage crime is the "elephant in the living room."

So it was not ONE kid. That is untrue.

My understanding is that the mother did not see who these teens were. GZ accused a black teen of taking his bike and that teen was cleared. The teen said he had dreadlocks so he felt GZ assumed he had stolen the bike. Wouldn't it stand to reason that someone who lived in the community who has a prior record of breakins in a previous neighborhood and who then moves into your neighborhood and bam, now there are a series of breakins, that this could be the person that was doing them all. Is there proof these breakins were by someone other than this teen and maybe his friends????

All is see are reports that they were black teens. So wouldn't it make sense that it could have been from that one person living within the community and some of his "friends". Unless there were further breakins after the February arrest of the career criminal who is still in his teens one would expect that they got their man and that a young black male should be given the benefit of the doubt just because all he was doing was walking home from the store.

Wouldn't common sense tell you that the crimes should stop and apparently they did. This is why the FBI is looking into GZ and his past. When that arrest was made, it should have been the end of GZ being on high alert and just go back to watching for actual signs of a crime and not making one up in his head. That is what he did. He made TM a target for committing a crime without so much as a shred of evidence. jmo

There is no evidence tha GZ "took his gun out" at any time prior to the beating. NO one, not even Crump, has TM held at gunpoint. We need o cose our terminolgy with accuracy.

Correct, that's why my post never said he had it "out", I said he took his gun, which he did, so I'm pretty certain that the terminology used was accurate. Time will tell if he had it out prior to the scuffle. It has noting to do with Crump, I don't know why he's always brought up.

I didn't think we were supposed to make personal comments but if we need to preach to other posters about terminology, then I'd say maybe start with terminology such as 'rampant black crime', when the evidence doesn't show that to be the case?

JMHO

Has it been verified that Gov Rick Scott and Att.General Pam Bondi are the ones that called upon the FBI to investigate Zimmerman?

If GZ said "I think he's Black" and TM referred to GZ as "White"...I think the visibility for racial detection that night was not great. Does GZ look like he might get invited into the Aryan Nation any time soon?

They couldn't see each other that well till blows started flying.

Another reason all this Race stuff is bogus.

Correct, that's why my post never said he had it "out", I said he took his gun, which he did, so I'm pretty certain that the terminology used was accurate. Time will tell if he had it out prior to the scuffle. It has noting to do with Crump, I don't know why he's always brought up.

I didn't think we were supposed to make personal comments but if we need to preach to other posters about terminology, then I'd say maybe start with terminology such as 'rampant black crime', when the evidence doesn't show that to be the case?

JMHO

Point taken. I believe it was rampant. But what's important is what the police arrest records, and incident reports etc show. It is a Black resident who said Black teen crime was the "elephant in the living room" in the Reuters interview. She lives there; you and I don't. I'll take her word for the moment.

Zimmerman could have watched Trayvon all he wanted from his car. And if he thought that Trayvon was running to the back entrance to get out of the development then the quickest way to get there was in his car, not on foot with Trayvon having a head start. He can watch Trayvon or any other black teen until the cows come home, I don't care.

IMO, Zimmerman is rigid and authoritarian in his thinking as indicated by how unpopular he made himself at one job he lost by repeatedly calling HR to report both coworkers and supervisors for what he perceived as infractions or bad behavior. The problem that night was not that he was oriented to the safety of the community, it was that having made up his mind not that Trayvon was merely suspicious but that he was definitely a criminal, he never once thought that Trayvon might be an innocent teen with the right to be in that neighborhood. His thinking was inflexible. He classified Trayvon with those *advertiser censored**holes who always get away. He uttered a profanity about him.

That is not rational thinking. It's an interracial community, there are black teen males who live there. We've seen two of them, Ms. Brown's son and Ms. Green's son. We've heard from others like the black teen who said that Zimmerman wouldn't even speak to him and his friends when they greeted him when he was walking around the neighborhood. We've read that as a result of the housing market crash, there was a sizable population of renters with a lot of turnover. With 250 houses, Zimmerman could not possibly know everyone. By his own admission he did not see Trayvon committing any crimes that night. So it makes no sense to be sure that Trayvon was a criminal and not someone who belonged there.

If GZ wanted a safe community he should have called out from the car and said that he was with the Neighborhood Watch and could he help him....or even asked if he was a resident. That would have defused the situation. He didn't do it.

When the two met, Trayvon asked him why he was following him but he didn't answer, he asked him why he was there. Again, he could have defused the situation by telling him he was with the Neighborhood Watch and was checking to see if he belonged in the Neighborhood. Again he missed the opportunity and IMO it was because he already KNEW in his mind that this young black man was a criminal and that therefore there was no point at all in having a civil conversation.

So it's not just the profiling, it's the behavior that followed where his actions all speak to his certainty that this black teenager was a criminal that makes it a hate crime in my book. IMO opinion he attempted to physically detain Trayvon for LE and that's what started the scuffle. I believe Trayvon was standing HIS ground and when Zimmerman wasn't prevailing in the fight he simply decided to shoot the 'criminal.' I don't think he was in fear for his life, I think he was angry.

You know, we KEEP hearing about how the ONLY think suspicious to GZ was TM's color. This COULD NOT BE more false. GZ was in his car, on the phone with the police when TM walked up to the car, stared at GZ, and took off running.

Sorry, black white or green, since when is a teenager staring at you then taking off running NOT suspicious?

If GZ said "I think he's Black" and TM referred to GZ as "White"...I think the visibility for racial detection that night was not great. Does GZ look like he might get invited into the Aryan Nation any time soon?

They couldn't see each other that well till blows started flying.

Another reason all this Race stuff is bogus.
Tell that to the Mexicans GZ belittled, bashed and profiled on his own myspace page

Tell that to the Mexicans GZ belittled, bashed and profiled on his own myspace page

The question is, does a person who, in the not so recent past, made ANY kind of racial comment, have the right to defend themselves from an attacker. And the answer is, of course, YES.

iirc, he was "bashing" criminals who happened also to be Mexican. It appears to me that George has a very strong bias against criminals of any persuasion. jmo

You know, we KEEP hearing about how the ONLY think suspicious to GZ was TM's color. This COULD NOT BE more false. GZ was in his car, on the phone with the police when TM walked up to the car, stared at GZ, and took off running.

Sorry, black white or green, since when is a teenager staring at you then taking off running NOT suspicious?
He also called the police on a 7-9 year old black *suspicious* male. Just sayin'.....

Nope he was bashing....all Mexicans not just criminal types....I hope the FBI looks into that to, as I'm sure they have.
I wonder what criminal element GZ saw....in the 7-9 year old black child?

iirc, he was "bashing" criminals who happened also to be Mexican. It appears to me that George has a very strong bias against criminals of any persuasion. jmo

Would that mean he is biased against himself? After all, isn't assaulting a police officer considered a criminal act?

soooo, Trayvon was so far enough away that gz "thought" he was black ...yet he walked up to the car? It cant be both.....and Im confused as I did not hear that in the 911 call....jmooc

BBM

And of course, we have nothing more than GZ's words to corroborate that version of events. No proof that TM was staring him down. At all.

Do you happen to have a link that backs up the BBM part of your post? If this is what happened, I have to wonder why he didn't bother to mention it while he was on the phone with the dispatcher?

If your statement is true, I predict Zimmerman will have a very hard time adjusting to life in the big house. I guess he won't be invited to join any of the Mexican gangs in prison.

IMO

soooo, Trayvon was so far enough away that gz "thought" he was black ...yet he walked up to the car? It cant be both.....and Im confused as I did not hear that in the 911 call....jmooc

Was that sarcasm, or are you really wondering how someone can THINK something about a person, then have that thought verified when the person comes closer and faces you?

Nope he was bashing....all Mexicans not just criminal types....I hope the FBI looks into that to, as I'm sure they have.
I wonder what criminal element GZ saw....in the 7-9 year old black child?

Mexicans walking around messing with people's cars and pulling knives?? They sound like criminals to me.

I have no idea what you're talking about wrt a 7-9 yo black child so I can't comment on that.

Do you happen to have a link that backs up the BBM part of your post? If this is what happened, I have to wonder why he didn't bother to mention it while he was on the phone with the dispatcher?

Actually, here is the link, and I will cut and paste the portion of the 911 call:

http://phoebe53.wordpress.com/2012/03/26/zimmerman-911-call-transcript-trayvon-martin/

"911 dispatcher:

Did you see what he was wearing?

Zimmerman:

Yeah, a dark hoodie like a gray hoodie. He wore jeans or sweat pants and white tennis shoes. He’s here now … he’s just staring. [00:42]

911 dispatcher:

He’s just walking around the area, the houses? OK.

Zimmerman:

Now he’s staring at me. [00:48]

911 dispatcher:

OK, you said that’s 1111 Retreat View or 111?

Zimmerman:

That’s the clubhouse.

911 dispatcher:

He’s near the clubhouse now?

Zimmerman:

Yeah, now he’s coming toward me. He’s got his hands in his waist band.

And he’s a black male.[1:03]

911 dispatcher:

How old would you say he is?

Zimmerman:

He’s got something on his shirt. About like his late teens.

911 dispatcher:

Late teens?

Zimmerman:

Uh, huh.

Something’s wrong with him. Yep, he’s coming to check me out.

He’s got something in his hands. I don’t know what his deal is. [01:20]

911 dispatcher:

Let me know if he does anything, OK?

Zimmerman:

OK.

911 dispatcher:

We’ve got him on the wire. Just let me know if this guy does anything else.

Zimmerman:

OK.

These *******s. They always get away.

When you come to the clubhouse, you come straight in and you go left. Actually, you would go past the clubhouse. [1:39]

911 dispatcher:

OK, so it’s on the left hand side of the clubhouse?

Zimmerman:

Yeah. You go in straight through the entrance and then you would go left. You go straight in, don’t turn and make a left.

He’s running. [2:08]"

Seems pretty clear to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members