Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #17 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question, the son/brother that died in Mexico, he was deported from news reports. If he was illegal then how is it that Mom and or Dad is not illegal? If Mom is illegal then that could be a weapon to use to get AGT to tell where SL is. Like, If you don't tell us we will deport your Mom....I know that sounds horrible but it is leverage.

It's interesting to me that the mom remembers that her son went fishing the day after Sierra went missing. It's almost like a part of her "knows" on some level and that statement is her way of helping LE out. I mean, why say that publicly? And, how does she remember that it was the day after Sierra went missing, especially if it's something that he's done his whole life. Fishing, I mean.

By the way, I can't imagine being the public defender on this one. How can anyone try to get him off? I know it's their job, but as a human being, how do you try to set him free? If he gets an acquittal and later they find her remains and it's proof he did it, it's too late then. He can't be re-tried.

It's all so distorted and sad and I feel so sorry for Sierra and what she went through. My thoughts are with her family and what must be going through their minds.

If I were LE I would have brought his mom down to the station to show and explain to her all the evidence against him. Then let her visit her son, of course taping that visit.

His family is in denial.

Oh I agree and it is probably a common reaction for family to do this. His mother seems to be totally distraught by this and from her interview at least she is being honest about her feelings. She even states that she doesn't believe he would do this (what mother would want to admit that) but she can't be 100% sure because she was not there.

OMG, one son just died, the father is in jail for a sexual offense, now this!!!! Bam!! I can't even imagine! The best thing the family can do is be completely cooperative with LE if they truely believe he is innocent. If they make up lies and give false statements, this is telling to me that they have their doubts deep down inside. They are pulling at strings with the defense that he was framed by LE. Now what LE is going to frame someone when they think a child killer is on the streets? The family and AGT don't have any knowledge of DNA and forensic evidence, which is understandable, most people don't.

It would be interesting to know after he committed this crime, if he came home and had scratches on him, what shape his cloths were in and if the car was filthy. Of course he could just explain all of this as being due to him fishing. What vehicle did he drive the next day? They have said all along that those were Sierras cloths in the juicy bag but if they hadn't made that statement, I would be speculating that maybe they were his.

I would like to know how long AGT's father has been in jail as the way it is stated in the media he hasn't been convicted yet. I would be nice to verify this so that we can eliminate him from having anything to do with Sierra.

Garcia-Torres is making his first court appearance. He's scheduled to be arraigned but that proceeding could be delayed at the request of the defense. After the hearing, prosecutors say they will release the criminal complaint and probable cause statement to the public. That statement should provide the most detailed list yet of the evidence against the 21-year suspect.

"Detectives believe that the evidence they have in this case is strong," Sgt. Jose Cardoza tells KRON 4's Haaziq Madyun. "It points to him and only to him as the primary suspect in this case. The main components we have are her bag and inside that bag are numerous items. What that yielded was Garcia-Torres' DNA on some of Sierra's property that was located a couple of days after she went missing."
http://www.kron4.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=4222

Oh I agree and it is probably a common reaction for family to do this. His mother seems to be totally distraught by this and from her interview at least she is being honest about her feelings. She even states that she doesn't believe he would do this (what mother would want to admit that) but she can't be 100% sure because she was not there.

OMG, one son just died, the father is in jail for a sexual offense, now this!!!! Bam!! I can't even imagine! The best thing the family can do is be completely cooperative with LE if they truely believe he is innocent. If they make up lies and give false statements, this is telling to me that they have their doubts deep down inside. They are pulling at strings with the defense that he was framed by LE. Now what LE is going to frame someone when they think a child killer is on the streets? The family and AGT don't have any knowledge of DNA and forensic evidence, which is understandable, most people don't.

It would be interesting to know after he committed this crime, if he came home and had scratches on him, what shape his cloths were in and if the car was filthy. Of course he could just explain all of this as being due to him fishing. What vehicle did he drive the next day? They have said all along that those were Sierras cloths in the juicy bag but if they hadn't made that statement, I would be speculating that maybe they were his.

I would like to know how long AGT's father has been in jail as the way it is stated in the media he hasn't been convicted yet. I would be nice to verify this so that we can eliminate him from having anything to do with Sierra.

Bolded by me.

Unfortunately, I don't think LE is going to get any help from his relatives.

One thing I particularly did not like reading his family + friends interview was how much they kept mentioning things along the lines of ....."LE has no evidence". It was sure brought up a lot, as if to hammer home the point that there is a lack of evidence. I am wondering if that is what he kept telling them because he knew he did a pretty good job of not leaving evidence. Luckily, for the public's sake, it sounds like we have a very competent LE staff out there that has found some. Hopefully enough to prove in court.

I think them saying this is mainly for public opinion.

I am sure at 1:45 pm today that the family will then try to spin what LE is going to announce to the public.

In my mind, I'd rather not hear it cause I want a strong case and I don't want to see anyone playing fast and loose with the information for a conviction.

Which brings me to, has AGT retained counsel?

It's interesting to me that the mom remembers that her son went fishing the day after Sierra went missing. It's almost like a part of her "knows" on some level and that statement is her way of helping LE out. I mean, why say that publicly? And, how does she remember that it was the day after Sierra went missing, especially if it's something that he's done his whole life. Fishing, I mean.

By the way, I can't imagine being the public defender on this one. How can anyone try to get him off? I know it's their job, but as a human being, how do you try to set him free? If he gets an acquittal and later they find her remains and it's proof he did it, it's too late then. He can't be re-tried.

It's all so distorted and sad and I feel so sorry for Sierra and what she went through. My thoughts are with her family and what must be going through their minds.

JMO mom probably knows the date by heart, since they already had interviewed AGT and they knew he was being watched (pretty sure LE told them what they were suspecting?).
As for the PD, doesn't matter if he thinks the guy is guilty or not, watch Baez show up for this one (that would be hilarious).

I have been wondering and not found anything about a cell phone for him, he would/could have internet access ...maybe that is some of the evidence that will come out today.

"His father is in jail, suspected of sexual abuse. His brother died of alcoholism. Antolin Garcia Torres was considered to be the good son, the one who was fiercely protective of his family, the one trying to work his way out of the cramped trailer in Morgan Hill he shared with four others, including his pregnant wife and toddler daughter." (See link below)

http://www.mercurynews.com/sierra-l...ered-sierra-lamar-suspect-good-son?source=rss

My apologies if this has already been posted. I still haven't found the father's name, but think it's interesting that he is accused of sexual abuse...hmmm....AND AGT was considered the good son! Guess they were off just a bit!

Sketch tweets @ Mercnews.
http://www.twylah.com/mercnews/topics/sketch

===========================

http://www.twylah.com/mercnews/tweets/96613663800164352
July/???? (2011?)

Sketch released after indecent exposure in Los Altos - San Jose Mercury News
"Police have released a sketch of a male who indecently exposed himself to a juvenile in Los Altos on Monday morning. The suspect approached the victim in a vehicle and exposed himself before driving southbound on Grant Road toward Foothill Expressway around 11:30 a.m., police said."

=================

Different MO but has a pic if anybody thinks it is worth bringing over.
Clicking to the original article does no good, it is not there.

Los Altos, CA to Morgan Hill, CA = 36 mi.

Morgan Hill, CA to Los Altos, CA - Google Maps

I have to crash if anybody wants to search other sites using keywords like tweet, twitter, sketch and the name of the news org to see what can be found.

G'night all.

Here's the working link to the article: http://www.paloaltoonline.com/news/show_story.php?id=21956

Attached below is the sketch and vehicle description.

Attachments

• Picture 5.png
    Picture 5.png
    51.8 KB · Views: 36
  • Picture 8.png
    Picture 8.png
    50.9 KB · Views: 21
I bet their gearing up to start to layout what they have on him (not everything), because of what the family is saying.

You know, little bits here and there, that would convince anyone of his guilt.

Is there really any chance he didn't do it? Something seems off to me about this, and Ive tried running every scenario through my head, but the evidence against him is pretty damning. And thats just the evidence we know of.

1)His DNA on items found in her bag.
2)Her DNA found in his car.
3)Him being linked to a previous assault using a stun gun
4)He went 'fishing' the next day

Now 1 and 2 are very convincing, but its possible he could explain that in some way. But if LE has good evidence linking him to the previous attack(s), then #3 is pretty darn convincing. #4 doesn't really matter unless they find a body where he said he went fishing (I think it was a misdirection if anything).

So withthis evidence alone, Im thinking linking him to the previous cases may be the most important think LE can do. If they have a DNA match from a previous case (I dont think they do) this would be a slamdunk.

IMO.

Is there really any chance he didn't do it? Something seems off to me about this, and Ive tried running every scenario through my head, but the evidence against him is pretty damning. And thats just the evidence we know of.

Now 1 and 2 are very convincing, but its possible he could explain that in some way. But if LE has good evidence linking him to the previous attack(s), then #3 is pretty darn convincing. #4 doesn't really matter unless they find a body where he said he went fishing (I think it was a misdirection if anything).

So withthis evidence alone, Im thinking linking him to the previous cases may be the most important think LE can do. If they have a DNA match from a previous case (I dont think they do) this would be a slamdunk.

IMO.
slam dunk if a judge will allow the previous case to come in. You know all that prior bad acts legal stuff. Which ticks me off!

IMO.

they already have a previous DNA match from another case.

FB and twitter friends are saying that LE fabricated all the DNA stuff.....what a joke

His family and friends are not well educated on the law as most of us here are. They in their mind are thinking the OJ case, (rolls eyes)

I'm popping in a bit late here, but did his family say he left their RV at 6:50 am so couldn't possibly have kidnapped Sierra because she was still texting at 7:11 and it takes more than 30 minutes to drive that distance? Or is it a rumour? I can't remember where I read it.

Now what LE is going to frame someone when they think a child killer is on the streets?

Not saying that is the case here, but there are a lot of LE that are eager to close cases no matter if they get the right person or not. It has happened here in SE Texas and it happens all over the country. It's very naive to think it doesn't occur and somewhat regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michkrifred