You Got Me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBean

Retired WS Administrator
Reaction score
Perhaps we need another controversial topic LOL.

Moved a lot of OT posts to a new thread as it seems to be something you folks want to talk about. So if the posts don't make perfect sense at first it is because they were removed from a thread with an unrelated topic.

It has been reported that Trayvon had dying words of something like "you got me", "you shot me", "you got it"

The controversy is:
Did he say that?
Was it physically possible to have said that?
If he didn't or couldn't say it who created the story? George? LE? Tracy Martin? New sources?
Why would this story be created if not true?

As you can see there is all kinds of controvery surrounding this issue. Feel free to discuss- but as always please back up your statements with an MSM link and if you state an opinion, please keep it within WS Etiquette and show how you have arrived at your conclusions through documented information.

<modsnip>

Those words came from Tracy Martin based on his "recollection" of what Serino said to him as reprinted in the MSM. So double or triple hearsay at this point, and none of it from anyone who was in a position to actually have heard those words. None of the people who did hear something said anything about that. Not to mention that most of Mr. Martin's recollection of what Serino said to him is inconsistent with the non-emergency call and the girl friend's statement about how and where the verbal confrontation took place. jmo

Those words came from Tracy Martin based on his "recollection" of what Serino said to him as reprinted in the MSM. So double or triple hearsay at this point, and none of it from anyone who was in a position to actually have heard those words. None of the people who did hear something said anything about that. Not to mention that most of Mr. Martin's recollection of what Serino said to him is inconsistent with the non-emergency call and the girl friend's statement about how and where the verbal confrontation took place. jmo

George Zimmerman's father and his brother stated George told them that TM said similar words after he was shot.

GZ's brother said it on Piers Morgan's show I believe and his father stated it on Hannity I believe.

IMO as I don't have links to the video.

George Zimmerman's father and his brother stated George told them that TM said similar words after he was shot.

GZ's brother said it on Piers Morgan's show I believe and his father stated it on Hannity I believe.

I haven't seen either of them. Maybe they got it from the msm. I've read here that George's brother had not spoken to him. Don't know where the Dad got it, assuming he said that or similar.

I think TM may have said ' You SHOT me...' that makes more sense, imo.

His heart exploded on impact along with his lung collapsing. I doubt he would have been able to even utter a sound. But then GZ wouldn't have known that, would he???? jmo

I thought Serino was relaying to Mr. Martin what GZ had stated on his statement to LE. Well, one of them, anyway. jmo

His heart exploded on impact along with his lung collapsing. I doubt he would have been able to even utter a sound. But then GZ wouldn't have known that, would he???? jmo

K_Z spoke of this before [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7946414&postcount=108"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Trayvon Martin's Autopsy[/ame]

I thought Serino was relaying to Mr. Martin what GZ had stated on his statement to LE. Well, one of them, anyway. jmo

Not sure, but that may be the story. So right now it's George>Serino> Tracy>MSM at this point, and the only account we have of it is the msm's afaik. Could be that's what was said, but I'm not going to use it to draw any conclusions until I see it in George's statement because it sounds kind of far-fetched to me.

Actually, I'm not sure what conclusion I would even draw from it if I knew it were true. I assume the idea is that it fits the cop-wanna-be narrative?

Supposedly a LE source told a reporter that Zimmerman said that Trayvon's last words after being shot were "You got it. You got it." The story was presented in a news site that I don't think we can quote and then repeated throughout the media. It doesn't make sense - what's the IT and it's too many words for someone to be saying after being shot in the heart. We'll have to see whether this is really GZ's story.

I haven't seen either of them. Maybe they got it from the msm. I've read here that George's brother had not spoken to him. Don't know where the Dad got it, assuming he said that or similar.

Or it is possible that they got it from GZ himself. I've heard that GZ's brother had been estranged for a couple of years but I haven't heard that he did not speak to his brother after the murder but before his media blitz. I doubt that either of them would report that TM said that as being true without speaking to George. But you could be right. The Zimmerman family has told some pretty incredible stories, so maybe they got it from MSM, which has done the same. But wherever the story came from, I think it is a figment of someone's imagination.

Supposedly a LE source told a reporter that Zimmerman said that Trayvon's last words after being shot were "You got it. You got it." The story was presented in a news site that I don't think we can quote and then repeated throughout the media. It doesn't make sense - what's the IT and it's too many words for someone to be saying after being shot in the heart. We'll have to see whether this is really GZ's story.

I thought it was, "You got me!" But you could be right.

It was also reported that TM said to Zimmerman, "Tonight you die." I heard that on TV, but don't remember where so, IMO.

Given the condition of TM's heart and lungs, I doubt he uttered a word. Maybe a sort of grunt with his lungs collapsing, but not a sentence. IMO it's just more of GZ's incredible story.

BEM: Where was this repeated "throughout the media"?

Exact quote please? There are CNN transcripts that I've posted a couple of times, and neither said anything about what TM may have said after being shot. If you have a link, please post it. TIA

BEM: Exactly, it came from Tracy Martin.

"At that point Zimmerman is able to unholster his weapon and fire a shot, striking Trayvon in the chest. Trayvon falls on his back and says, 'You got me.'" The Martin family has been telling their story as part of a campaign to have Zimmerman arrested. He himself has kept quiet."

We also know he didn't fall on his back.

Exact quote please? There are CNN transcripts that I've posted a couple of times, and neither said anything about what TM may have said after being shot. If you have a link, please post it. TIA

I think this may all be off topic but will review. In the mean time,FWIW,here is one report, but it says the information came from Zimmerman as told to investigators:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlOw10koQZw"]CBS: Zimmerman recalls Trayvon Martin's last words. "you got me"? "it's over" ? - YouTube[/ame]

I think this may all be off topic but will review. In the mean time,FWIW,here is one report, but it says the information came from Zimmerman as told to investigators:

CBS: Zimmerman recalls Trayvon Martin's last words. "you got me"? "it's over" ? - YouTube

Thank you, but the statement I was responding to was whether GZ's brother or father said Zimmerman told them TM said "you got me" after he was shot. I know Tracy Martin said it. I'd bet he's the "source" in this video as well.

Thank you, but the statement I was responding to was whether GZ's brother or father said Zimmerman told them TM said "you got me" after he was shot. I know Tracy Martin said it. I'd bet he's the "source" in this video as well.

What would make you think that after just being directed to a link that states it was GZ that was "the source"?

What would make you think that after just being directed to a link that states it was GZ that was "the source"?

This is the same story that quotes a responder that said they saw injuries (plural) on TM's knuckles that indicated he was in a fight.

What injuries were they looking at, the ME report only listed one cut?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46