AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
But why is that mentioned in the report as something of interest? Why isn't the lamp or the decorations on her wall. Just seems to me it was something more that stuck out. So much speculation, I want those reports :maddening: :floorlaugh:

Never thought this meant much...MOO She could have written something unflattering about SC or RC.Possibly after she had been sent for a timeout in her room ...? LOL. I would put more stock in drawings with a child of 6. Graphic sexual type images,or pictures depicting violence ...something along those lines...But, who knows ? JMO

If they are like all the other investigative teams I have ever seen they have checked all family, friends, and even aquaintances that may have been in the Celis home to rule the fingerprint out and the shoeprints.

IMO

This is part of the reason that JM still sticks in my head. When police mentioned the word adequate in relation to cleaning up he came straight back into my head with a scenario that his prints would indeed be in the house because he was a family friend but they were found in places they shouldn't have been, or an attempt was made to clean them off .... I dunno why he sticks in my head - he just does moo

I wish the same for you too Bette!

I sure hope each and everyone of you has a wonderful weekend and will have safe travels if going on vacation or to be with family and friends. Enjoy, but be safe because we need you right back here to be with all of us when you return.

We have a busy weekend. Tomorrow one of our granddaughters is graduating high school with honors in the morning and then we are going to a big luncheon at our son and daughter in law's home after then.

Sunday we have to travel and will be visiting with my sweet mother in law.

Monday I am hope we do nothing but chill and grill out!

Happy Memorial Day Weekend Everyone!

Dont forget to thank a Veteran for the sacrifices they have made and will continue to make so that we have freedom.

IMO

O/T

Ah, thanks, Ocean! Happy Memorial Day to you also!

Sounds like you have a wonderful weekend planned as well. Congratulations to your granddaughter! What a great accomplishment (honors) for her!

My flag is flying for the veterans and I am so appreciative of them.

Happy Memorial Day, everyone!

If they are like all the other investigative teams I have ever seen they have checked all family, friends, and even aquaintances that may have been in the Celis home to rule the fingerprint out and the shoeprints.

IMO

That's what I thought. :)

They are saying on the Local news that the documents are released. More than 500 pages. Is there supposed to be a PC today? Does anyone know? Sorry, I just got home:)

I can't find them. Not sure about a presser.

I did not think about the boy's friends. When my son was young, I always had his friends at the house and instead of them opening the gate to come in they always jumped the fence.

For some reason, my kids friends are always coming over to my house. They are on the fence, running all over the place, in my pantry, spraying the hose in my back yard, It drives me crazy! I'm always wishing that they would go play somewhere else but they are always here. My neighbors behind me have 11 kids. That's right, 11! They are all little trouble makers too. One day I looked out the window to my back yard and their children were jumping on my trampoline! My kids weren't even out there! They hopped over the fence and into my backyard! It was wild. Obviously their parents don't watch them very well.

Maybe they actually did that to correct the misinformation going around?

Well, if if that is what this is supposed to be, it is not working!

It started as a rumour and then LE semi-confirm it without explanation either way. IMO, this just add's fuel to the fire rather than extinguishing it.

I don't know how the laws in AZ work so LE hands could be tied and they are forced by law to release the synopsis' of the police reports?

O/T Can I just say that I'm starting to get really depressed with how many cases in the last 6 months or so that have gone cold..........Sky, Lisa, Isabel to name 3 :(

This is part of the reason that JM still sticks in my head. When police mentioned the word adequate in relation to cleaning up he came straight back into my head with a scenario that his prints would indeed be in the house because he was a family friend but they were found in places they shouldn't have been, or an attempt was made to clean them off .... I dunno why he sticks in my head - he just does moo

Hi GutFeeling, I don't know why LE's wording was changed on the forum, but they said adequate covering, not cleaning. LE has never said there was a clean up at the house.

"Whoever is involved did an adequate job of really covering a lot of things that we could possibly look at."

http://www.kvoa.com/news/police-say-whoever-did-this-did-an-adequate-job/

It started as a rumour and then LE semi-confirm it without explanation either way. IMO, this just add's fuel to the fire rather than extinguishing it.

I don't know how the laws in AZ work so LE hands could be tied and they are forced by law to release the synopsis' of the police reports?

O/T Can I just say that I'm starting to get really depressed with how many cases in the last 6 months or so that have gone cold..........Sky, Lisa, Isabel to name 3 :(

Unless LE gets a judge to seal records, then they must release reports when the press ask. I would guess the press in this case have put in requests from the start of the case, as usual in almost any case that makes the news.
LE released actual reports to the press. The press has been pouring over them for the last 14 hours or so, and has been releasing their synopsis of what they find newsworthy.

LE has also sealed many other reports, so press only has a percentage of the case records. My bet since there were over 1000 leads LE had to follow up on, this is only a small percentage.

JMO

I dont know if he is involved or if he just came later in the day and was out searching for Isa and the media was able talk with him. He may not even live close to the Celis' and had to return to his own home for some reason.

But they certainly would have his prints to compare to the unidentified print found on the window sill.

IMO

I don't know, it worked for me. I find it fa far cry from claims there was soemthing written inside the closet and LE took a piece of the wall out and people surmising that meant she was sexually abused. I really can't make much of anything about a kid writing on her walls or closet door frame, it may or may not mean anything.

I think you are correct, they probably had to release this info ... but it could be the media that picked out and presented (purposefully) the writing photograph because they were aware of rumors.

I know what you mean about feeling depressed about missing kids though ... ugh. It's sad

Hi GutFeeling, I don't know why LE's wording was changed on the forum, but they said adequate covering, not cleaning. LE has never said there was a clean up at the house.

"Whoever is involved did an adequate job of really covering a lot of things that we could possibly look at."

Sorry to jump off your post...I had written "cleaned up " instead of covering up...so I stand corrected..TY

Just wondering though...what did LE mean by 'covering up " ? As opposed to "cleaning up " ? What's the difference,I wonder ?

I dont know if he is involved or if he just came later in the day and was out searching for Isa and the media was able talk with him. He may not even live close to the Celis' and had to return to his own home for some reason.

But they certainly would have his prints to compare to the unidentified print found on the window sill.

IMO

Jumping off your post...

Yes, his first appearance on camera was later in the day that Isa went missing.

LE and others involved have stated numerous times that the immediate familiy were the only ones home.

I also know that from the start, LE questioned the family closely...until Monday as far as I remember. Friends stated that LE would not let the famiily look for their child. The family was questioned for the first couple days.

IF JM had been there or lived there, he would not have been available to search the neighborhood that late afternoon and into the dusk, the two times media caught him on tape. He would have been in questioning with the immediate family, not passing out fliers or being interviewed by media... IMO

Sorry to jump off your post...I had written "cleaned up " instead of covering up...so I stand corrected..TY

Just wondering though...what did LE mean by 'covering up " ? As opposed to "cleaning up " ? What's the difference,I wonder ?

you -- cover your tracks v. clean up your mess ?

also...as a long time-teacher, I always felt that the " adequate" comment is very telling. To me? adequate is like C+ satisfactory = stuff left out of the assignment.

To cover a lot of things (as in "covering ground", "covering your bases", or actually covering something with another item)
-or-
To cover up a lot of things

- could mean a few different things.

O/T

Ah, thanks, Ocean! Happy Memorial Day to you also!

Sounds like you have a wonderful weekend planned as well. Congratulations to your granddaughter! What a great accomplishment (honors) for her!

My flag is flying for the veterans and I am so appreciative of them.

Happy Memorial Day, everyone!

Well hi there my friend. So nice to 'see' you on this thread.

Thank you we are so proud of her. Her brother is a Junior and is in NROTC and was selected this year to be in charge of all the cadets his Senior year. He will soon be leaving for The Leaders in Excellence camp in June. This is his second year to be selected. We are so proud of each and everyone of our grandchildren. They range from the age of 24 to 2 years old. :)

Yes, we must never forget why we honor this holiday. At the luncheon tomorrow a lot of veterans will be there and we have worked all week on items to give them on their special day because they are the ones that protect our freedoms at all cost.

Happy Memorial Day LaLaw!

I don't know, it worked for me. I find it fa far cry from claims there was soemthing written inside the closet and LE took a piece of the wall out and people surmising that meant she was sexually abused. I really can't make much of anything about a kid writing on her walls or closet door frame, it may or may not mean anything.

I think you are correct, they probably had to release this info ... but it could be the media that picked out and presented (purposefully) the writing photograph because they were aware of rumors.

I know what you mean about feeling depressed about missing kids though ... ugh. It's sad

My DD used to write and draw inside her walk-in closet all of the time. We told her to go ahead because she always wanted to draw on the walls, like her dad's whiteboard. We told her no, not on the walls. But I gave her permission to draw on her 'private' walls in her closet because she used to play in there and made a little 'house' where she made us knock on the door. lol Anyway, she would draw pictures and write things, even 'mad' things when she was angry at us. I never painted over them because I thought they were cute. But I suppose if she went missing they would be seen as evidence. She wrote once that she ' haited' her brother because he was 'meen.' And we kept that scribbled in there for years. Even though she and her big brother were best of friends, he was mean at times and she went to her cubby hole and wrote about it.

IMO your average criminal does an adequate job to avoid leaving a trail...
In context this is what I interpreted Lt. Pacheco to be getting at-- at the time.

I wish we could have that actual presser.. he said a lot of things, and the above was just one sentence of an answer to a reporter's question about
what kind of perp might have done such a good job to stump LE...

I am hoping the pictures that have been referenced will be released in this doc dump. It would be frustrating if they're missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gingerdoodle