Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #18 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can head down 101 and cross over to highway one and be at the Monterey/Sand City/Marina beaches in about an hour. If you hit 101 South to Gilroy and go over Hecker Pass, you can be out at Pajaro Dunes in about 45 minutes or so. Add another 15 minutes if you head North and go to beaches in Aptos, Capitola area.

Also would be a longer road trip, but could also take 17

I hear what you are saying but in this particular case, I'm starting to wonder what LE is doing. I live in the bay area and I really feel Morgan Hill PD are just not equipped for this type of case. I feel that they are not as experienced with this type of crime and they might be jumping the gun.

Like I've said a billion times, from what I have read and seen they don't have much of a case. They have clearly stated there is NO BLOOD EVIDENCE and NO MURDER WEAPON, CRIME SCENE or CAUSE OF DEATH DETERMINED. That leaves them with only minimal things they could have to prove that AGT was even with Sierra. Things like Mitocondrial DNA and Skin cells, which we all know don't usually hold up well when there is NO BODY and multiple ways in which those things could have gotten where they are.

AGT's supposed cousin on twitter has already been spilling out AGT's defense by saying he found Sierras purse and took something from it and put it in his car, and that is how her DNA and his skin cells got where they are. I am afraid that he may really be using this as his defense and if skin cells is all the DNA they have.. well thats not looking to solid to me.

This is just my opinion though and LE may have a video or something more concrete. I do know they also said they have DIRECT EVIDENCE as well as circumstancial and Direct Evidence is usually eye witnesses and video footage etc. things that CANNOT be refuted.

Only time will tell, I suppose.

Well his cousin is lying. You also dont need a weapon to kill someone, hands will suffice. No blood when you choke someone, just saying..and guessing she wasnt killed in the vehicle anyway. I will pray that Torres starts talking, and that his Momma talks to him and tells him to do the right thing. Thats what moms are for.

I was looking at the old myspace of ATG's, at the pic of the ocean and the handprints on sand. I was wondering if any local could chime in on what route would head toward the closest ocean beach. You know, like what road locals might use for a easy beach trip TIA

I sorta see 3 main ways, but curious what locals would think.
don't hyperventilate, I am not actually suggesting the ocean to search...I don't think

101 South to either 129 or 152 and then 1 N or S.

Which is it that is handling this, I was under the impression that they were, so I stand corrected.

Santa Clara County Sheriffs office, FBI has been involved since the first week as well.

I was looking at the old myspace of ATG's, at the pic of the ocean and the handprints on sand. I was wondering if any local could chime in on what route would head toward the closest ocean beach. You know, like what road locals might use for a easy beach trip TIA

I sorta see 3 main ways, but curious what locals would think.
don't hyperventilate, I am not actually suggesting the ocean to search...I don't think

101 South to either 129 or 152 and then 1 N or S. 129 is less twisty.

Maybe I am just a pessimist or a cynic...but I have always believed that Stacey Peterson, Laci Peterson, Susan Powell, etc. etc. etc. were dead the very day they were known to be missing. And in Susan and Stacey's case, LE was very hesitant to bring charges. LE almost never brings about a "no body" case when the victim has been missing for such a short time. Time passing is one of the elements of the case.

Even as a cynic...I DO have great faith in LE overall, only occasionally proved wrong by specific incidents or personnel. I think this was a huge step for LE to take at this time in Sierra's case and believe they have much more than we know as of yet. What I worry about is the long-term, if Sierra is never found-if this family and her friends will ever truly accept her being gone. And especially her family, who will need to come to terms before any trial.

JMOJMOJMO

This is exactly the type of thinking that keeps my faith going in the case, on one hand I feel as if they don't have what they need but on the other hand.. that little inner voice keeps pounding these same thoughts into my head.

I am pretty sure that person claiming to be antolin's cousin on twitter is NOT and is someone who has been toying with people who knew Sierra throughout this period. They are unhinged, in one tweet they disparage Sierra, in another they call for justice for her. just ignore them.

Santa Clara County Sheriffs office, FBI has been involved since the first week as well.

Ok thank you for clarifying that for me. I would say Santa Clara county is equipped then and should know what they are dealing with so that just leaves me more baffled.

I guess like I said, time will tell.

I think when they say E. Santa Cruz County they are more referring to the areas closer to MH than stuff down in the sloughs, JMO.

Also it would be a county prosecutor who determines if they should go ahead with charges, wouldn't it? Again, taking on a murder case, possibly DP case no less, without a body is a huge step and a difficult decision. I am sticking with my faith in LE overall, that they feel certain they have enough to prove their case, that Sierra was abducted and murdered, possibly assaulted, though they have not said so, and that they have the guy who did it. JMO

Ok, the "information hold" is very strange...
Personally, I do hope this is Sierra, as awful as the circumstances are...I am afraid she will not be found. And if this is her, there is sure to be evidence, JMO.

Makes me think LE has an idea of who this body was and wants to confirm the identity so they can notify the family. So that if their theory is correct, the family doesn't start hearing horrific details in the media before they are notified.

I really doubt this is Sierra.

Sadly, there is some other family out there grieving over their lost one and about to find out the worst.

Are the sloughs saltwater, brackish or fresh? I would imgaine there are specific differences to each ...plants, ph, amoebas, etc

ETA thanks for the 'beach' routes!

Ok thank you for clarifying that for me. I would say Santa Clara county is equipped then and should know what they are dealing with so that just leaves me more baffled.

I guess like I said, time will tell.

Yes, and the FBI seemed to be spot on their profile of the suspect. I HAVE to remain confident they know what they are doing, but am baffled as well.

THe thing that really makes me nervous was when I read there was tension developing between LE and DA, with LE wanting to arrest and DA wanting more evidence, but something happened they felt the need to arrest that night. Hope DA got what they needed.

I'm going out on a limb and I'm going to guess that LE has an actual video tape of Sierra in his car!

Well his cousin is lying. You also dont need a weapon to kill someone, hands will suffice. No blood when you choke someone, just saying..and guessing she wasnt killed in the vehicle anyway. I will pray that Torres starts talking, and that his Momma talks to him and tells him to do the right thing. Thats what moms are for.

I for one, NEVER said anything about believing their nonsense but its definately enough to bring on reasonable doubt to a jury. The Law is a funny thing.

Also would be a longer road trip, but could also take 17

Good point. Highway 17 is how you get to Big Basin, Henry Cowell parks, as well as privately owned Redwood forests that go for miles...great places to bury a body and it's been a done before. Lexington Reservoir is in Los Gatos at the foot of 17, too. I believe there have been many bodies dumped in that area over the last few decades. I also think this is where the skull of Xiana Fairchild was found a few years back, don't know if you remember that case...I think the perp was Curtis Dean Anderson if I'm not mistaken. Anyway, totally off topic...sorry. But, without rush-hour traffic, it would still only take a little over an hour to get over Highway 17 into Santa Cruz.

I hear what you are saying but in this particular case, I'm starting to wonder what LE is doing. I live in the bay area and I really feel Morgan Hill PD are just not equipped for this type of case. I feel that they are not as experienced with this type of crime and they might be jumping the gun.

Like I've said a billion times, from what I have read and seen they don't have much of a case. They have clearly stated there is NO BLOOD EVIDENCE and NO MURDER WEAPON, CRIME SCENE or CAUSE OF DEATH DETERMINED. That leaves them with only minimal things they could have to prove that AGT was even with Sierra. Things like Mitocondrial DNA and Skin cells, which we all know don't usually hold up well when there is NO BODY and multiple ways in which those things could have gotten where they are.

AGT's supposed cousin on twitter has already been spilling out AGT's defense by saying he found Sierras purse and took something from it and put it in his car, and that is how her DNA and his skin cells got where they are. I am afraid that he may really be using this as his defense and if skin cells is all the DNA they have.. well thats not looking to solid to me.

This is just my opinion though and LE may have a video or something more concrete. I do know they also said they have DIRECT EVIDENCE as well as circumstancial and Direct Evidence is usually eye witnesses and video footage etc. things that CANNOT be refuted.

Only time will tell, I suppose.
You may not have confidence in Morgan Hill PD, but I have confidence in the Santa Clara County D.A.'s office!!!

Yes, and the FBI seemed to be spot on their profile of the suspect. I HAVE to remain confident they know what they are doing, but am baffled as well.

THe thing that really makes me nervous was when I read there was tension developing between LE and DA, with LE wanting to arrest and DA wanting more evidence, but something happened they felt the need to arrest that night. Hope DA got what they needed.

I hadn't heard about the tension behind the scenes but if that is indeed the case, then perhaps they do have something more substantial that they are keeping very tightly under wraps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500