Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
If GBC had never done that TV interview, I'd probably not be so convinced that he was the person the police should be interested in.

Just putting it out there.... Do we know where GBC and his sister had come from when the interview was done? In my understanding after he had the accident he was hospitailised and probably medicated (from my past experience they dont just keep you in hospital if you arent in a bad way - and he had reason to be his wife was missing, his business was going under, he just crashed a friends car).
He has been in the media for all the good reasons before and probably has rehearsed the interviews before doing it.

I am sure when doing that interview he was feeling very vulnerable, probably still medicated, and not the self assured person people had seen before.

No he was just a little hurt but he is ok.

Nope - I'm not throwing my lot in with 'the majority' on this one. Why should I?! I have never met the guy myself, so I remain just as open to the outcome of the police investigations regarding GBC as I do to their investigations into anyone else who may be in their hare sights.
P.S. Famous cases in history of going with 'majority opinion' include the mass catastrophes and human suffering brought about by Adolf Hitler, Chairman Mao and Joseph Stalin (et al).

Mao was a hero in China and still is
your history is a little shaky. The human suffering bought about by the other two was not off the back of 'majority opinion' but more 'brainwashing' propeganda and fear..
BIG DIFFERENCE
The majority of Australia feel gillard is doing a reasonably poor job at running the country and that Labour will be ousted in 2013. Does this mean that the majority of these people (millions and millions) are nut jobs on par with Big Adolf??

LOL

I feel the opposite. I am a bit freaked out by this. I cannot accept that this man is the same man we are talking about here. I get that people wear masks. but I can't see it. You might all think I have gone a bit mental here, but, to me, that man giving that speech (to the school that I went to) seems more real than the man we have created here on Web Sleuths...I suddenly have a paralysing feeling of guilt and feel that we know nothing AT ALL ABOUT ANYTHING
going to take a break for a day or so

Adiós mis amigos

i sill feel a little unsettled today and as such, I think that instead of rehashing what we have all gone over for sometime now, that it is a great idea to explore some other possibilities. I tried this before but HAHA my theory was pretty woeful, so...........
so far we have suspected:

GBC, his sister, his father, his mother, his mistress. there has been a mention of friend KW, of ABC harming herself, and possible GBC business partner/organisation. there could be other mistresses, maybe other pregnant mistresses. Much of this speculation is based on GBC being the main man and working with an accomplice. WHY? because police have suggested the killer may have had an accomplice. WHY? maybe the combination of cars.

What theories could make sense that involve 2 people, known to Allison, that DO NOT involve GBC?

1. Business problems of Allisons?
2. Personal problems of Allisons?
3. Business problems of GBC that Allison unwittingly found out about?
4. Someone stalking Allison ie, secret admirer? unrequitted love scenario?
5. Contract killing? (what for?)
6. Love triangle?
7. Jealous friend

heres just a few to maybe think on for a while...( ive got a whole lot more but most of them are just funny or weird or outright freaky haha or a combination of all three, these seem the tamest!!)please get to work laughing at them, picking them apart and eliminating them on by one...we might even find something interesting!

Thanks for your comments, I know you are not trying to start an argument - there is a difference between sniping and debating. Perhaps we and others are arguing on this point, but not in a bad way IMO. I still disagree with you on some of your points, and think I could pick apart the areas in which I do but I think you are right, we have probably hashed this over too many times!

I have to say I do appreciate the discussions with you because, even though you frequently irritate and annoy me :loveyou:, and I disagree with you more than I agree with you, I can see you are a sincere person who is genuine in your thoughtful commitment to your point of view. And it seems to me you are actually trying to discuss Allison and the case for a positive outcome, to further the discussion in ways you think are helpful, and you do it in a peaceful way. This makes a huge difference to the forum. Actually I think most people on here can cope with disagreement harmoniously, it's the intent and the agenda behind it that is important.

:tyou: LOL.. I am sure I may irritate at times with my thoughts..haha..Just as I get irritated at times with some posts(not yours specifically.)And enjoy post peoples genuine discussions and points of view. I just try to respect everyone for who they are and what they think. Even if I don't agree. I don't totally disagree with may peoples points of view and why they believe a certain person to be POI no.1. I have said and thought many myself(in private). But I admit it does get to me sometimes when people rip apart everything and anything done by POI and extended family without actual fact. Cause for all we know it could certainly turn out differently(But yeah I know it doesn't look that way- looks sometimes are deceiving).

I do try to look at the facts- what little we know, And I think things are definitely pointing in a certain direction, with what we know. I do admit some of my thoughts have been influenced by a couple of things I thought best not to really say much on be it hearsay and out of respect for all involved in the situation and the actual police investigation.

and agreed most of us can agree to disagree without getting personal. :) After all it takes all types to make the world go round.

I still can't figure out why there has been two versions of events that morning. GBC said, firstly, that she went for a walk and didn't come back. (he even told her parents that). Then we hear he last saw her the night before at 10pm watching the footy show. To me, this alone is a bit sus.

IMO the confusion comes from the fact that he apparently told the police he last saw her watching the Footy Show at 10PM, BUT, according to Mr. Dickie, he told them that she had gone for a walk and didn't return. This, I believe, is the root of the two versions.

Most likely because they're not persons of interest...as defined in TOS
MARLYWINGS: I support your comments as that is also my understanding of the TOS of this forum, that we can only sleuth those named in MSM or by the Police as POI.

I feel the opposite. I am a bit freaked out by this. I cannot accept that this man is the same man we are talking about here. I get that people wear masks. but I can't see it. You might all think I have gone a bit mental here, but, to me, that man giving that speech (to the school that I went to) seems more real than the man we have created here on Web Sleuths...I suddenly have a paralysing feeling of guilt and feel that we know nothing AT ALL ABOUT ANYTHING
going to take a break for a day or so

Adiós mis amigos

Tómate un buen descanso!

Actually Marlywings this is the ONLY pic I could find of Arthur and Darcy Freeman and just look at HER body language and maybe you will see what I mean???? Now look at all pics of Gerard and his daughters and THEIR body language and see again. http://www.google.com.au/imgres?q=a...l/arthur-freeman-guilty-of-darceys-murder/211

My answer is still the same.....doesn't mean they're incapable of killing.

What about the early photos of Zahra Baker with her stepmother...."loving & adoring" too??....I'm sure Zahra loved & adored her in the beginning.

You cannot judge a person simply from photos.

The long time posters here deserve respect - I don't think they are deliberately trying to defame anyone it is simply a means for them to bounce their thoughts around. And honestly the site is quite well renowned in the US for being genuinely useful at presenting new ideas, so don't post if you are so worried about defamation.

I too would dearly love to believe that those little girls will grow up with at least one loving parent. But intimate homicide is something that is ruled out before any other theory is examined. I haven't seen anything to date that would indicate the police think otherwise. Are they looking for cars apart from the Captiva and the Prado? (maybe the little blue 4wd with the captiva) Have they told us to worry about strangers and stalkers? No This was not a simple crime - if it had been the police would have wrapped it up in a few days just like the murder that occurred in Bracken Ridge a week or so ago. The guy was apprehended almost immediately with the evidence and blood of his wife all over him.

This crime was complex and well taken care of. How did the body get to the creek? What time did ABC go missing? How does one person lift a dead body into a car?Why was the home a crime scene if she was found at the creek. These are no questions of random attack - these are the foundations of the crime of intimate homicide.

This case stinks of the elements that have intimate homicide. It is the definition of intimiate homicide. Apprehended violence orders, husband engaging in affairs both long and short term, the wife both knowing and not knowing about them, business stresses from losing money in drop in the real estate market, a husband who hid behind credentials that were shaky at best, living in the shado of a wife sho was happy successful without being false and looking for way through to market themselves. The hostile in law family dynamics (ABC was depressed the BC claim yet the Dickies say she was proud and did not like to fail). The accepting of the mistress into the BC family while ABC was left to be an outsider.

So while I appreciate that these may 'observations' from the media and not necessarily fact they all circumstantially go towards a picture that screams guilty to GBC who had the motive and opportunity to take ABC's life. . ALL MY OPINION ONLY

She doesn't look terrified to me – you see what you want to see.

Well she doesn't exactly look too excited either (whether she doesn't look terrified or not). And as your entitled to your opinion i'm entitled to mine as well.

i sill feel a little unsettled today and as such, I think that instead of rehashing what we have all gone over for sometime now, that it is a great idea to explore some other possibilities. I tried this before but HAHA my theory was pretty woeful, so...........
so far we have suspected:

GBC, his sister, his father, his mother, his mistress. there has been a mention of friend KW, of ABC harming herself, and possible GBC business partner/organisation. there could be other mistresses, maybe other pregnant mistresses. Much of this speculation is based on GBC being the main man and working with an accomplice. WHY? because police have suggested the killer may have had an accomplice. WHY? maybe the combination of cars.

What theories could make sense that involve 2 people, known to Allison, that DO NOT involve GBC?

1. Business problems of Allisons?
2. Personal problems of Allisons?
3. Business problems of GBC that Allison unwittingly found out about?
4. Someone stalking Allison ie, secret admirer? unrequitted love scenario?
5. Contract killing? (what for?)
6. Love triangle?
7. Jealous friend

heres just a few to maybe think on for a while...( ive got a whole lot more but most of them are just funny or weird or outright freaky haha or a combination of all three, these seem the tamest!!)please get to work laughing at them, picking them apart and eliminating them on by one...we might even find something interesting!
Always good to try and think 'outside the box' as well as 'inside it' Minni! Some of mankind's greatest inventions have been discovered by people who were able and willing to do just that.

The family lived near a primary school and a church. Allison taught ballet at the school. What if someone known to police has been perving on the little girls at the school, and as she lived in the area they also perved on her little girls when they were home. Allison could have been aware of the character and might have alerted police. But as her children weren't home on the Thursday night she felt safe to go for a walk but the pervert was stalking her and took out their frustration on her.
There's a wild theory for you.

Wow! It's amazing how quickly these threads are growing considering there has been very little information released since my last visit...sad though that the majority of it has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the case.
I fail to see how so many have come to the absolute conclusion that GBC is guilty; as far as I'm aware, not even the police can verify anyone's guilt, or someone would have been charged by now...

Interesting observation - it really backs up what a friend of mine who had met in at several functions had to say about finding him 'delightful' (a point which, earlier, caused an indignant flurry of posts!). She, too, had the gut feeling that he wouldn't be up to it (for want of a better phrase).

So was apparently Ted Bundy ... charming and delightful, even handsome.

On the stalker. It is entirely possible for Allison to have had a stalker- a person known to her. In which case it would be unlikely police would put out alerts about a random stalker. Because it would still fit the person knew Allison and was only stalking her. I'm not saying I believe this theory one way or the other. I think someone posted on a previous thread about some hearsay of a stalker( a former GBC mistress)..Don;t know how reliable that info is. I am in agreement with many that it seems to be pointing towards GBC having some knowledge of what went down if not doing the deed himself.

(Maybe its not so. And maybe his knowledge is not based on involvement but something else. I can't speculate either way. )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23