Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, not convinced by what you say - sorry! Being a Mr Rich Guy and owning a Merc / BMW / Ferrari doesn't necessarily mean you are really attractive to the ladies I'm afraid...unless they're after your dosh of course! I've never met GBC, but, if (being so hard-up financially compared with his more affluent neighbours) he was still able to find ladies for all those 'affairs' (so endlessly dissected on this site), then they must have been impressed by more than his old Lexus!

I hear sociopaths can be very charming!

Like many other people, I have access to different ideas of what happened in this particular case. However, every person has a responsibility to ensure that published information is based in fact, and this is why I don't post theories on this forum. I'm extremely wary of speculation, but am very interested in some of the links that have been provided here. I am also very wary of defamation, which is why I avoid referring to specific people and attempting to draw conclusions simply from what other users post.

I believe the very few details that are publicly known in this case seem to offer very minimal opportunity for genuine amateur sleuthing.

IMO

Cheers

Thank you Watsonian Institute for your wise and valued words. I have found your posts to be informative and balanced.

Please tell me this. Once this case is before the Court, will people still be able to make comments on a site like this without effecting the trial?

One the trial starts the media will report on each day's proceedings. The judge is unlikely to issue a non publication direction because of the strong public interest element. Papers will disable the reader comment function for fear of sub judice contempt charges. What the owners of Internet fora do is their call. Posters make their comments but the owners will know that a trial is under way and have obligations. The sub judice period generally commences with the drawing if the indictment (charge). The rationale is to limit influence on proceedings outside of the admissible evidence. I suspect forum owners will advise about posting policies based on advice from their legal advisors.

I hear sociopaths can be very charming!

Just before I went to bed last night, they had a late night segment {replay} of the Circle. They were interviewing a DR {of something} about narcissism. I know we've heard all of this before on here, but they were talking about in everyday language. the DR said how these people really need others to look up to them. Also said how you can tell them til you're blue in the face that their actions are hurting people, and you'll never get anywhere unless you get through to them that by hurting others it will also affect them. ... because in the end, they only care about themselves. { and yes, in previous times they were called sociopaths}

He also mentioned how they can be whatever someone wants them to be, therefore they can fool anyone.

Nope, not convinced by what you say - sorry! Being a Mr Rich Guy and owning a Merc / BMW / Ferrari doesn't necessarily mean you are really attractive to the ladies I'm afraid...unless they're after your dosh of course! I've never met GBC, but, if (being so hard-up financially compared with his more affluent neighbours) he was still able to find ladies for all those 'affairs' (so endlessly dissected on this site), then they must have been impressed by more than his old Lexus!

Be that as it may, but your point in the initial post was that the 'lads' in the local area would have plenty to be jealous of him because he was enjoying the 'good life' and drove a lexus.

so what is it now?

They are now jealous of him because he is a charmer AND NOT the tall poppy syndrome as you earlier indicated because he drives a lexus and rents an average home and has a failing business, whereas they drive BMW's, own mulit million dollar homes and have success in their business and careers..

you have changed your argument by the looks of things. Perhaps address your initial argument??

Heyerdahl, do you know what the traits of an alpha male are?
No sneaking a peek at Google now (lol, teasing) - just off the top of your head.

And I would probably consider engaging some of his "room-mates" to make his life as miserable and painful as possible for the rest of his life!

You probably would not even have to do that much, as being a high profile prisoner he will be on protection.
Inmates do not tolerate people that have offended on women and children. Will be a fair while before he goes mainstream. Living with his own kind will be the hardest.

ha ha, no not at all. Even the average small time builder, plumber, electrician these days could buy and sell GBC (I don't think it would be terribly hard from all reports)
Its hardly the point, in fact its not the point, money is not the issue here, a woman is dead. But since it was raised by this poster I thought it relevant to put him back into his box. People expose themselves for what they really are or what they really think in the end don't they!

I'm so glad that you came back and continued to explain your thoughts! There are many very average socio-economic working and earning families within the Brookfield/Kenmore/Indro/Pinjarra/Bellbowrie/Moggill areas. They're not all filthy rich in the West.

sorry, had to come out of retirement for this one...lol
the above might be true if it weren't for the fact that most of the guys that crossed his path i.e community and school fathers etc could 'buy and sell' GBC in a heartbeat!
There would be no tall poppy syndrome here I am afriad given a large majority of the guys in his community that he would cross paths with are lawyers, doctors, accountants, business owners, captains of industry etc and not only drive cars twice the value of a lexus (which incidently is half the price of BMW & Mercedez) but also OWN (not rent) homes worth $1-2million dollars.
sorry to bring you down on this point... :)

Ain't no mountainhigh enough, to keep you from posting on here :razz:
Sorry, couldn't resist it...........

Heyerdahl, do you know what the traits of an alpha male are?
No sneaking a peek at Google now (lol, teasing) - just off the top of your head.

I know I know they piss in the corners and on the ceiling???

Just before I went to bed last night, they had a late night segment {replay} of the Circle. They were interviewing a DR {of something} about narcissism. I know we've heard all of this before on here, but they were talking about in everyday language. the DR said how these people really need others to look up to them. Also said how you can tell them til you're blue in the face that their actions are hurting people, and you'll never get anywhere unless you get through to them that by hurting others it will also affect them. ... because in the end, they only care about themselves. { and yes, in previous times they were called sociopaths}

He also mentioned how they can be whatever someone wants them to be, therefore they can fool anyone.

And how can we, as a society, stop this? Is it a product of their environment or is it inherited? Can we, as parents to our children, raise them in a different manner to avoid creating these destructive personalities? Can we, as parents, give lesser importance to the role of boys (men) in society by instilling in them that women and men are equal, that men do not have to be the breadwinners and heads of the household, etc.? I am so sick of seeing so many cases of domestic violence where it appears that nothing is being done by us, as a society, to put a stop to these abusive people!

mmmm yes an older model LEXUS - defs a drawcard for the women of Brookfield. Get a Grip - this is a suburb where people own serious cars and people have buckets of money - and then there are the conceited real estate agents who have entitlement to the lifestyle since their parents' parents were part of an aristocracy that started scouting. A tenuous and pathetic link methinks!!!
I am an ex resident of Brookfield and can vouch for the fact that most men that live in Brookfield are either in top management or owners of their own businesses. The majority are professionals. And, most are homeowners or are in executive rental properties.

IMO, they do not fit the profile of men who would be jealous of GBC.

As for the women, I for one have met GBC on many occasions and have never been overly impressed. Pleasant bloke.... A bit flashy but that's about it. I was very much a part of Local community but have never heard any women going gaga over him. We have discussed other male RE agents who work in the Western suburbs and have commented on how charming they were, but GBC was never one of them.

One the trial starts the media will report on each day's proceedings. The judge is unlikely to issue a non publication direction because of the strong public interest element. Papers will disable the reader comment function for fear of sub judice contempt charges. What the owners of Internet fora do is their call. Posters make their comments but the owners will know that a trial is under way and have obligations. The sub judice period generally commences with the drawing if the indictment (charge). The rationale is to limit influence on proceedings outside of the admissible evidence. I suspect forum owners will advise about posting policies based on advice from their legal advisors.

Thank you for your reply.
My biggest worry is that "IF" it is GBC that is convicted he would put in a request for his children to visit AGM. Another adjustment for the girls to make.

sorry, had to come out of retirement for this one...lol
the above might be true if it weren't for the fact that most of the guys that crossed his path i.e community and school fathers etc could 'buy and sell' GBC in a heartbeat!
There would be no tall poppy syndrome here I am afriad given a large majority of the guys in his community that he would cross paths with are lawyers, doctors, accountants, business owners, captains of industry etc and not only drive cars twice the value of a lexus (which incidently is half the price of BMW & Mercedez) but also OWN (not rent) homes worth $1-2million dollars.
sorry to bring you down on this point... :)
Hey mountain.... You obviously beat me to it.... I posted my MSG before reading yours....totally totally agree and share your sentiments!!!

As a Brookfield resident I found the post rather amusing and very far from the real facts!!

And how can we, as a society, stop this? Is it a product of their environment or is it inherited? Can we, as parents to our children, raise them in a different manner to avoid creating these destructive personalities? Can we, as parents, give lesser importance to the role of boys (men) in society by instilling in them that women and men are equal, that men do not have to be the breadwinners and heads of the household, etc.? I am so sick of seeing so many cases of domestic violence where it appears that nothing is being done by us, as a society, to put a stop to these abusive people!

One of the women asked the Dr that question, what can we do as parents. He said we can try to teach them empathy, and show them the way, help them to 'feel'... but he also added that there's not really alot anyone can do. Infact when the women asked what he {DR} would say to someone who found themselves with a narcissistic person, he said {his facial expression showed he meant it as 'off the record'} "Well I'd be telling them to get out of there." ... but after a little chuckle he went on to say basically that the average person can't really help them. He said because they act 'child like' .. you know, "It's all about me, look at me" then sometimes to get through to them you need to treat them like a child.
I was so tired, but when that came on last night, I just had to sit on my bed and watch til the segment finished.

It doesn't take much to attract some people. And.. since he seemed to act like he had money, that could have been part of the attraction. IMO
Aha...exactly! And that was my original point, wasn't it! If he acted like a 'Mr Big', he no doubt was perceived as being 'big' by a lot of people. After all, how much does one really know about a neighbour's 'finances' unless they are privy to the bank statements and bills, etc. No doubt GBC was perceived by many as 'having it all'. And he is still relatively young, so would any reasonable person really expect him to have the same financial resources as someone who is a 60-odd retiree? There is probably quite a lot of 'hidden' debt behind the walls of those multi-million estates out Brookfield way, I should think. And heaps of envy of 'The Joneses'.

I'm so glad that you came back and continued to explain your thoughts! There are many very average socio-economic working and earning families within the Brookfield/Kenmore/Indro/Pinjarra/Bellbowrie/Moggill areas. They're not all filthy rich in the West.

wholeheartedly agree Bellgirl, I am friends with many of them. I guess a couple of points I was trying to make initially with 'you know who' was that his argument of other men being jealous of him becaue he appeared to be living the good life was flawed in oh so many ways. Secondly Bell girl, I know for a fact that people like GBC (occupational hazzard) make a bee line for the more affluent in communities. It sticks out like dogs balls when people do this because it is generally so forced and 'try hard', and in fact some who know him have mentioned this in previous threads.

As a result of the above, ladies in the socio range that he was supposedly charming the pants off would not have been impressed by his lexus or his rented home. And subsequently neither would the men in this same socio group been threatened in any way shape or form.

wow that was a long time between conviction and crime!!! and I think if you look at what the police did on this case- it reflected exactly what they learnt from the Daniel Morcombe case. Find the body!!!!!! Don't discount any evidence - the body and the crime scene are the deal breakers in a crime scene - if they can recover the two of them chances are they can work out what happened.

Agreed, its not just that they took 10years to find Daniel Morcombes killer...It took them 10 years to be able to find his remains(And thats not meaning to say anything about QPS..hats off to them for working tirelessly on that case and doggedly till the end). Not having vital evidence such as that can really delay any break throughs in a case. In this instance Although it took 11 days to find Allison. At least it did not take 11 years. I am so grateful for her family that they have at least been spared some of the misery and heartache of not having that closure. The Morcombes have been though hell.(Not that Allisons parent haven't, don't get me wrong there.) I think the fact that they have been able to recover Allisons body, even after the time it took and factoring in decomposition. I think it and the forensic results they get from it will play a big part in the evidence in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong