LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can think of a at least ten friends on mickey's route I could have called to crash in a bed instead of bicycling that St landry street. or I like to think I could wake anyone up and go sleep there till daylight; I know lots of people with spare bedrooms on that route. why did she not do that?

As a night bike rider myself, when it is the end of the night, and you are en route home, especially on a busy St,, no time is too fast. The urgency is that it is late, you want to get home, and off the busy St. as fast as possible. And, if she wasn't feeling well, just ate, she may have stomach issues, etc. She may have sped up, or perhaps got off the bike if she wasn;t feelibg well and walked it. When you are walking a bike late at night, trust me, there are lots and lots of people with and without good intentions that want to "help" you.

I have been reading along, and you all are doing a great job!! So great to see so many new users!! Welcome to all of you!

Just a housekeeping note as a reader...slowlybutshelly...would you mind quoting the post you are replying to...this is such a busy thread and it just makes it a little easier to follow along. Thank you in advance!!

A couple of mentions have been made of a video of the route, and I'd be willing to do that this morning with my camera phone, if you guys think it would help. I can take my car down there and do it.... but I need to know what in particular you want me to take video of. I can go down University and turn on St Landry, but after that, what do you guys want?

I agree. I think it was planned and more than one perp.

Slowlybutshelly, could you do a big favor and use the quote button to respond in your replies. It would make it so much easier for us all to follow along with your post and thoughts. Just click the first button (quote) at the right hand bottom of the post you want to reply to. We appreciate your additions here, but it's a little hard to follow when don't know what you are replying to. Thanks darlin'. :)

I haven't really been able to keep up with Mickey's swiftly moving threads, but I do check in every day and think of her constantly.

I want to welcome all the new members from the Lafayette area who joined Websleuths to help Mickey. I am amazed and touched by the outpouring of love from her community - I've gotten teary-eyed a few times over it, LOL. I've never seen anything like it.

I would be absolutely proud and honored to be a part of your community; you really look out for your own. Not to mention, y'all are darn fine sleuthers!! I hope some or all of you stick around after we find Mickey, because we could use your help on other cases. There will always be someone who needs our help.

Thank you again, and :welcome:

Keep up the good work, and let's bring Mickey HOME!

All that! So true!!!!:rocker:

Just a quick note....

I know the search was called off at the Whiskey Bay exit, but there's still activity out there this morning. Anyone with better eyes want to take a look at the cam and see if that looks like police or if it's just Joe Schmoe out for a fishing expedition?

A couple of mentions have been made of a video of the route, and I'd be willing to do that this morning with my camera phone, if you guys think it would help. I can take my car down there and do it.... but I need to know what in particular you want me to take video of. I can go down University and turn on St Landry, but after that, what do you guys want?

I would start at Ryan, left on Versaille, Right on St. John then across University to St. Landry. Indicate where the pics were taken along the route. At that point I would continue down St. Landry to the very end where it meets up with Blackham. Turn Right on Blackham and show the fields and the back of the sorority houses, continue on to Cajundome and stop there. I don't think she made it that far.

I'd do this but I don't know how to load video on internet. Yes I'm retarded.

Last thursday we went to a remote area ( I was told I-10 and whiskey bay bridge) at night; searching with about 10 people - 4 vehicles between us. This was when everyone was still driving their own vehicles and I was in a frenzy from the last few days of searching that I did not even realize I did not have gas until we were on the road. In my car was a woman named Donna and her son; I do not think she was working because she did not complain about going late at night like others were. She may even have been disabled living on set income. I decided to rest the next day. Then two days later went back out when the search was located to church. Then took another day off. Then I came back and when I registered I was asked not to come back. I was on a a LIST. awful feeling. I offered right then to give 10usd to someone to give to Donna but she refused. I think their objective was to make me feel bad. They did.

hi shelly...was this area the same place they found the bike? this was before finding the bike also?

They may have just wanted more corn chips for themselves. You're still doing what you can to help, so it's all good.

That's what I thought when I saw the videos and news reports of everyone wanting to help find Mickey. Seemed to me like some people were only showing up for free food...

Some people seemed to be just standing around eating chips and what not, not really doing anything. How is that helping?

As a night bike rider myself, when it is the end of the night, and you are en route home, especially on a busy St,, no time is too fast. The urgency is that it is late, you want to get home, and off the busy St. as fast as possible. And, if she wasn't feeling well, just ate, she may have stomach issues, etc. She may have sped up, or perhaps got off the bike if she wasn;t feelibg well and walked it. When you are walking a bike late at night, trust me, there are lots and lots of people with and without good intentions that want to "help" you.

I don't believe she took Congress because of the traffic (lights?).... of both people and cars. Wanting to take a route she knows that would not be filled with traffic lights... nor people/other bikes on a sidewalk (if she would use the sidewalk). I could understand wanting to take a route that I could catch some speed with less traffic and book home if I was in a hurry to get there, tired and not feeling well...and having to deal with those obstacles--just after the bars let out. IMO

I don't believe she was going anywhere else or to meet someone to further party. She had been out the night before and had a bad hangover and had nothing but water to drink the night she went missing. She was wanting to get home, imo. Use to ride my bike to a bar in a rural area....if it was too late or I had too much, I knew the owner and could bring my bike inside and catch a ride back home. That was during the bike boom of the 70's and there were many people who would run you off the road....because you didn't belong there! Can you imagine....but, true. Ah, still have that ole dear Paris Sport.

Wanted to add this pic of a white truck caught on Landry just up from the apt complex and across from the Gov't building. I didn't notice it the first time I was "driving" down. Long shot and I don't know the make.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=240+...+70506&t=h&panoid=V0oQCQlnaGRJT_AcQdRETQ&z=17

Were Louisiana student Mickey Shunick and Indiana's Lauren Spierer abducted by same man? Police join forces after white pick-up truck spotted where both girls went missing
Mickey Shunick, 22, was last seen cycling home in early hours of May 19

Lauren Spierer, 20, went missing after night out with friends on June 3, 2011

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...auren-Spierer-abducted-man.html#ixzz1wGMx12EF

Interesting. Lauren's disappearance was the first thing to come to mind when the white truck pics were publicized in Mickey's case.

IIRC the white truck was captured twice the morning Lauren disappeared, it circled the block.

It seems along shot that the cases are connected. It sure gives me an eerie feeling tho that there are two college students with strikingly similar features disappeared approx a year apart. Both were alone in early morning hours and a white truck is photographed trolling the area. It just gives me the creeps to think this guy(s) is trolling college towns after the semester has ended and there are fewer students around town.

Just thinking and typing......

moo

wm

Ok this is very wierd. I am having a deja vu. I have been studying for exams and on the computer internet a lot. A few months ago, I came across websleuths; cannot remember the exact context. I was trying to decide if I should join or not and decided that I had no reason to join. Now something has happened literally 'where I live' and I am freaked out about it. It was almost like I foresaw myself having a reason to join this forum. shivering now it is so weird.

1983 Olds 98 Regency:

1983_oldsmobile_ninety-eight_regency_brougham_26853099.jpg

Yes this before video and bike emerged; probably around wednesday or thursday last week. My days are running together and I am a bit frazzled from it all. Does anyone know if they are offering free counseling to anyone in the immediate vicinity of where this took place? This is THE CLOSEST I HAVE EVER BEEN TO a missing person case. I do not feel safe.

I am also available to join you with my camera phone. I live nearby. Could we do this together?

I know how to load video onto the internet. I would be happy to have Becky join me doing this. I thought Blackham Coliseum and the Cajun dome were one and the same?

hi shelly...was this area the same place they found the bike? this was before finding the bike also?
We bushwacked at night by some water. Followed some ATV tracks. noticed some trucks coming and going; maybe we were close to the Perp.

I can think of a at least ten friends on mickey's route I could have called to crash in a bed instead of bicycling that St landry street. or I like to think I could wake anyone up and go sleep there till daylight; I know lots of people with spare bedrooms on that route. why did she not do that?

I think if M. wanted to crash into a bed she would have stayed with B. for the night. Also, we don't know if she did get ill on way home, perhaps she did not have the friends/resources you do on the route. Someone posted perhaps she was walking her bike. This is another thing to ponder on. Perhaps she had a bike malfunction and did have to walk it home. Or perhaps her Taco Bell especially if snarfed after a horrid hangover and drinking water all night did not sit well. When biking perhaps she had to stop to be ill and that is when the perp made his move. The scenerio's one can make up in ones mind due to lack of facts is amazing.

Shelley, I am sorry people made you feel so bad and made you feel rejected. I don't think this had anything to do with 9 USD and if it did how petty. I think this had to do with ego's... Just keep doing what you are doing. I really wonder about that list of people they are rejecting however, that is very negative to the cause of finding M. Between that and the negativity on her page about MSM releases, makes you wonder. I am just saying everyone needs to work together, no room for ego's on a search team. Rant over...lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim