LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
The perp is definitely a local. I would be willing to bet good money on this. I have lived in Lafayette my whole life and I work off of Eraste, and travel Congress and St Mary 5 times a week and I couldn't tell you where to turn around in that neighborhood or what street comes out of what street. With that said, the perp maybe didn't know about the cameras, but knew enough to anticipate what streets connected. I doubt the Olds 98 has anything to do with this. I'd venture to guess just a passer by, fetching or dropping off drugs or maybe giving a friend a ride home from the bar. Sure he might have seen something, but likely is uninvolved at all.

Mamamia54 can you help me explain our line of reasoning here. I will start but feel free to jump in with me. This is a picture of MS on Versailles. To get to this point she would have had to have left BW home, taken a left on parkside. We are suspecting that while on parkside, she could have seen a vehicle ahead (if it were me at night and no vehicle was ahead of me, I would have continued up parkside to university and taken a left and rt to st landry. IF She did see a truck, she may have gotten spooked and said " no , I will not go straight on parkside where there are no entrances to homes and there is nothing but a coulee"; instead I will take a left on Versailles. This explains why she would be going OUT OF HER WAY to circle back to university and st landry. Taking a left on versailles would have put her by security cameras on bank, school, church. She was being smart IMHO. We suspect there is a car turning from parkside rt onto Versailles that you can see in back on MS. It looks long; not like a truck. Looks like the shape of the OLDS 98. Does not look like a truck. That truck could have turned rt onto versailles and followed MS to see her take a RT on ST jean (ST JOHN). Again, MS was trying to go where she would be seen; there are lawyers offices on the left and a church on her rt before she would get to university. We think the OLDS 98 seen on University may have been following her from parkside/versailles intersection and onto St Landry. Where did this OLDS 98 go after that?

But she made it to Circle K and didn't go in there. That tells me she didn't know anyone was following her.

To be fair, it was 2 in the afternoon (according to her).
Same difference really because her story seems amiss. If her story were a boat, I think it would sink as soon as it hit the water. Prostitutes don't always keep steady business hours (not accusing her, but he may have just read it wrong, KWIM.) Where's the license #, where's the sketch?

Mamamia54 can you help me explain our line of reasoning here. I will start but feel free to jump in with me. This is a picture of MS on Versailles. To get to this point she would have had to have left BW home, taken a left on parkside. We are suspecting that while on parkside, she could have seen a vehicle ahead (if it were me at night and no vehicle was ahead of me, I would have continued up parkside to university and taken a left and rt to st landry. IF She did see a truck, she may have gotten spooked and said " no , I will not go straight on parkside where there are no entrances to homes and there is nothing but a coulee"; instead I will take a left on Versailles. This explains why she would be going OUT OF HER WAY to circle back to university and st landry. Taking a left on versailles would have put her by security cameras on bank, school, church. She was being smart IMHO. We suspect there is a car turning from parkside rt onto Versailles that you can see in back on MS. It looks long; not like a truck. Looks like the shape of the OLDS 98. Does not look like a truck. That truck could have turned rt onto versailles and followed MS to see her take a RT on ST jean (ST JOHN). Again, MS was trying to go where she would be seen; there are lawyers offices on the left and a church on her rt before she would get to university. We think the OLDS 98 seen on University may have been following her from parkside/versailles intersection and onto St Landry. Where did this OLDS 98 go after that?
I don't know, friend. That just seems like too much of a stretch for me. For one thing, I wouldn't want to ride a bike on University if I couldn't help it either. It wasn't that far out of her way for good lighting and less traffic. For another, I'm not yet convinced that's a car behind her on Versailles. Like I said, there's a street lamp right above that spot (assuming it's the corner of Versailles and Parkside).

Also, I live around the area where Tasha Petterson was dropped off at the Walgreens. This is still considered part of the college area being it is not far away from campus apartments, athletic complex's for the University. This area is highly frequented by bike riders, joggers, also people who are just released from the State hospital down the street (not exactly people in their right mind). I have seen people walking, cycling, all times of day around here. IF he does drive around looking for young women on bikes....it seems like he would frequent this area since it's the college area but this is the first I ever hear of anything like this. If I was ever approached by a creepo the first thing I would do is get a license plate number and call it into the police. Just my thoughts though! Again, thank you everybody for being so welcoming for me to share my thoughts here and for dedicating so much time to Mickey.

cajunbaby, are the headquarters still at Our Lady of Wisdom?

Nope, the space was quickly outgrown and everything was moved to Blackham. I don't know the timeframe they will be allowed to use it or if upcoming events there have been cancelled/moved.

Same difference really because her story seems amiss. If her story were a boat, I think it would sink as soon as it hit the water. Prostitutes don't always keep steady business hours (not accusing her, but he may have just read it wrong, KWIM.) Where's the license #, where's the sketch?
'tis true, zilla of the frog.

Rats. I hate to wimp out, but I'm falling asleep on you all. Keep up the momentum! You folks are the best!

zzzzz...

That news outlet needs to do more investigative journalism :what:

She - well, okay, her mother - said as much on national television on Nancy Grace last night. She took the ride from the man. He offered her money for sex. She said no. He dropped her off at Walgreens but not before telling her that he regularly trolls the streets for pretty girls.

She is not very smart! Why in the WORLD would she accept this ride?? And what...he put her bike in the back?

FYI: Talking about the other girl, NOT Mickey.

She is not very smart! Why in the WORLD would she accept this ride?? And what...he put her bike in the back?
I know. But it's Lafayette. It's got the mind of a small town still. It's so hard to explain.

Let me see if I can do it any justice. My husband is from South Florida. We met in Lafayette, though, and his running joke was that we couldn't go anywhere in Lafayette without me seeing someone I knew. It was mind-blowing to him. And it's not like I knew a whole lot of people, mind you ... it's just a small town that's not a small town. (That probably didn't help at all.)

You also mentioned that there was a lot of construction in the area, and you did see a white truck that apparently threw you both for a loop, do you know where that white truck was coming from or going to, did you ever see it again as you drove back the other direction?

I'm not the one that mentioned construction in the area, but no, I didn't see the truck again as I drove in the other direction. To be honest, though, I didn't think much of the truck because there are SO MANY trucks that might fit that description in Lafayette that I wouldn't bat an eyelash at one, even if it *was* in the area. There are just that many around town.

Nope, the space was quickly outgrown and everything was moved to Blackham. I don't know the timeframe they will be allowed to use it or if upcoming events there have been cancelled/moved.

i figured Wisdom would be bursting at the seams.

Megsy, it is not this picture that you should be focused on. Go back to the last thread #10 and see where there is a pic posted by mamamia54 with a box in it. In that box, is a car. at parkside and versailles. Mamamia54 would you be so kind as to post that pic again in this thread?

I posted it above in comment 87.

Rats. I hate to wimp out, but I'm falling asleep on you all. Keep up the momentum! You folks are the best!

zzzzz...

I'm pooping out too. so tired. goodnight to all.

as scarlet o'hara once said "tomorrow is another day"

FYI: Talking about the other girl, NOT Mickey.
I just feel that Patterson bringing up this story about a man propositioning her in a white truck 2 months after the fact and calling the news since she wasn't able to get through to the tip line seems a little fishy to me. More-so as a cry for attention than something that is relative to this case. That's just my opinion.

If you haven't seen Patterson's video interview with KATC-TV, it is linked below.

http://www.katc.com/videos/woman-says-she-may-have-been-picked-up-by-the-same-truck-in-surveilance-photos/

I've been following this story since the beginning and this is a very informative site. Keep up the good work. :newhere: :greetings:

Shelly, I picked this up from another thread. This was her supposed way home according to Brettly (or someone close to her):
One of the first maps that the news broadcasted last week said that she would typically take a left from Ryan St. to Parkside, then turn Right onto St. John (which turns into St. Landry), and onto Coliseum to the bike path. Then she'd go to Congress, turn left and continue straight until she got to the neighborhood between Guilbeau and Amabassador Caffery, she would cut through there and go straight through the light on Bonaire.
According to this, she wouldn't have regularly continued on Parkside south of Versailles regardless of an oncoming car.

Thanks and I agree. Could be someone playing games, too. He followed with saying to check "the bayou that runs along ko dupuis road, 70517".

Are you finding this on Facebook?

So you think this person has done this before? Has Lafayette had other missing persons cases? Hit and run cases? Or do you think this person had done this before elsewhere and recently moved to Lafayette? I do agree, I don't think it was an accident, but just curious on your thoughts on him/her being a pro.
after Katrina in this state, we have employed a huge labor force to rebuild. Virtually everyone I know has hired labor that must go through a background check. Many people who are having their homes rebuilt from Katrina or Gustav or Rita have employed help. I know many people who have 'accidentally hired' people with criminal backgrounds. Just FYI. The rebuilding is not complete; the transients are still here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member