GUILTY WA - Koralynn Fister, 2, raped & murdered, Centralia, 24 May 2012

Do you know how panicked that poor child must have been seeing her pathetic excuse for a mother packing up to leave for the day.

This just took my breath away.:anguish::anguish::anguish:

No. Honestly no. The most panick I saw my child in at that age is if we couldn't find her favorite book to read or her fave Princess jammies were in the wash or the public pool was closed when we got there. That in itself breaks parents hearts.

Dear God after how many times the poor baby probably knew her cries or hanging on to mom's leg would not help her. Can we even imagine that panick? A grown woman would have panicked. This poor, poor baby.

Why wouldn't the offer trigger bio mom's suspicions? BF saying let's split the parental duties, I will take the younger one with limited speaking ability and you take the older one? Not why don't I keep the kids while you get out of the house for a bit or I will take over the care of the kids for a little while while you rest.

No it is I will take the little one and care for her while you take the older girl. To me that is just suspicious.

I agree Mom should have known. And IMO she too should be charged. Maybe she wasn't there when it happened. But she should have seen this child acting in pain. She should have noticed her crying more. She should have been checking on her.

I'm sitting here trying to think of what he did to her to make pieces of skin come off her body and every single thing I can think of is so horrible. Those who would derive pleasure from causing pain to the most innocent among us are not fit to breathe. Don't even get me started about the "mothers" who allow it to happen.

The best day of my life will be the day when I check this site and there are no new child abuse stories to report. I hope I live to see it.

Everything I want to say uses language I'd be banned for.

Poor sweet baby girl. :(

:jail:

http://www.lewiscountysirens.com/

Mother’s boyfriend now faces drug, rape and homicide charges in death of toddler
Tuesday, May 29, 2012 at 6:34 pm

CHEHALIS – When police searched the house off of West Oakview Avenue following the death of 2-year-old Koralynn Fister, they found methamphetamine in the suspect’s dresser drawer, according to authorities.
Prosecutors added a drug offense when they charged James M. Reeder today in Lewis County Superior Court.
<snipped by me>

Reeder was charged today not with murder, as the prosecutor had indicated they were pursuing, but homicide by abuse.
The crime is a class A felony, with a maximum penalty of life in prison.
He was also charged with two counts of first-degree assault, two counts of first-degree child rape and possession of methamphetamine.

Earlier today, Koralynn’s mother was in another courtroom, as Child Protective Services attempts to determine what to do with Koralynn’s 4-year-old half sister. Police asked them to take the child temporarily into protective custody the evening Koralynn died.
<snipped by me>

1 comment

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 at 6:47 pm
Remarks in Comments section above are considered a rumor:

Commentor asked what about the mother being charged with neglect of Koralynn? Says she had to have known of the abuse. Said a Centralia LE friend of hers was on the scene when mom arrived and the first thing mom wanted to know was “where’s my boyfriend?”

No concern for her precious little daughter ... :heartbeat:

:steamed:

:jail:

http://www.lewiscountysirens.com/

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 at 6:47 pm
Remarks in Comments section above are considered a rumor:

Commentor asked what about the mother being charged with neglect of Koralynn? Says she had to have known of the abuse. Said a Centralia LE friend of hers was on the scene when mom arrived and the first thing mom wanted to know was “where’s my boyfriend?”

No concern for her precious little daughter ... :heartbeat:

:steamed:

And just to make it perfect, they found meth. It seems like the worst news stories I see involve meth.

And just to make it perfect, they found meth. It seems like the worst news stories I see involve meth.

Doesn't surprise me at all. Meth is taking over. I hope this guy fries. This is absolutely horrible and there is no excuse. Rest in peace little angel.

It looks like the DP is off the table. I wonder if they charged him with homicide by abuse instead of murder because they found the meth. Does using meth take away from their chances of getting a conviction for murder because it diminishes intent? Even if the homicide by abuse charge carries a life sentence, chances are he will plead it down and then be able to walk free in what....15 years?

As for the "mother"...she does NOT deserve to EVER retain custody of her other daughter. Ever! She has shown a total lack of regard for her dead daughter. She does not get a pass just because she did not inflict the physical injuries on her baby! It was her job to protect this child and she sold her out for a piece of a$$. SO SICK OF THESE LOUSY EXCUSES FOR PARENTS!! If she doesn't get charged with something substancial, I will scream!

It looks like the DP is off the table. I wonder if they charged him with homicide by abuse instead of murder because they found the meth. Does using meth take away from their chances of getting a conviction for murder because it diminishes intent? Even if the homicide by abuse charge carries a life sentence, chances are he will plead it down and then be able to walk free in what....15 years?

As for the "mother"...she does NOT deserve to EVER retain custody of her other daughter. Ever! She has shown a total lack of regard for her dead daughter. She does not get a pass just because she did not inflict the physical injuries on her baby! It was her job to protect this child and she sold her out for a piece of a$$. SO SICK OF THESE LOUSY EXCUSES FOR PARENTS!! If she doesn't get charged with something substancial, I will scream!

If during his time he does not cooperate with intensive counseling and treatment AND found during that time to be possibly rehabbed, in our lovely state of WA he can be held beyond his conviction. It has been challenged to the supreme court repeatedly as unconstitutional but they never win.

If he is released even after serving a full sentence and the sex offender program finds him to be a serious risk they can release him but with all sorts of conditions attached, gps, drug testing, etc

Now this does not work as well as it sounds like it should on paper. Because adding stipulations to release after a FULL sentence is served is so controversial it is super expensive for the state to defend whether it is legal to do so. Ultra expensive to detain them after sentencing. Hopefully as there is more and more case law the less expensive it will become (ie winnable at an earlier level).

Of course I fully support it and think all violent capital sex offenders should be executed or in for life, but in all honesty I don't know how it is constitutional to detain or restrict the rights of someone who has served a full sentence. Early release is a whole nother ball game because there is a mutual agreement there. But when every day of the sentence is done and we hold them anyway for refusual to participate in treatment... not sure how we came to the ruling that it was cool or how it will bite us in the rearend down the road when we start holding other people post sentencing.

But death penalty or not, short of a ridiculous plea bargain which I don't see, hopefully, he is likely to do some really serious time and if he can get into the drug treatment and sex offenders program he has some really ugly work to do.

Imo, he isolated this child for his own purposes - clear thinking and planning leading to the situation he wanted.

He doesn't appear to be at the totally messed up meth thinking point even though he may be a user - he cried in court knowing what consequences he now faces.

I hope the DP stays on the table - meth or any other drug cannot be upheld as an excuse, society is losing that battle as it is. Let's not help it along.

Imo, he isolated this child for his own purposes - clear thinking and planning leading to the situation he wanted.

He doesn't appear to be at the totally messed up meth thinking point even though he may be a user - he cried in court knowing what consequences he now faces.

I hope the DP stays on the table - meth or any other drug cannot be upheld as an excuse, society is losing that battle as it is. Let's not help it along.

The meth might not be his as well

Maybe that is what he was supplying to mom to keep her occupied when she was at home. We don't even know that he inflicted all the injuries on that little girl. If this thing first asked about her boyfriend rather than her battered child we may have a jealousy issue here as well. Wouldn't be the first time we have seen a mother with a drug habit trade her kid out. Just a possibility.

He looks heavy and healthy to me for a meth addict, but who knows.

I'm sitting here trying to think of what he did to her to make pieces of skin come off her body and every single thing I can think of is so horrible.

I would guess it was bite wound related. Seems it is very common to read about attackers that rape infants or very small children biting them during the assault.

The mother knew, she just CHOSE to not protect her daughter. She should be charged right along side the other ! IMO

This story has haunted me since I first read about it. That poor little, innocent girl. And WHY is it that the neighbor didn't call? Didn't do ANYTHING? What is wrong with people???

This story has haunted me since I first read about it. That poor little, innocent girl. And WHY is it that the neighbor didn't call? Didn't do ANYTHING? What is wrong with people???

I agree -- I wonder thou about the culture in that area. For real I know people that put boyfriends before kids and there is nothing that can be done. I have called social services and was told the child had to have a bruise and child had to say bruise was caused by boyfriend before they would step in. When I spoke to the mother about it she was in total denial -- "He wouldn't hurt them... he is their stepfather." She was trying to make happy family with a loser (who now is - thank God - gone on to another woman).

:steamed: :steamed: :steamed:

I don't believe word one about about this exclusive childcare arrangement.
No one is that stupid, no one, I don't care. She either gave her over to him with zero concern for what was happening to her in exchange for something beneficial to mom (money, housing, drugs, the delusion of having a man, don't care, insert your answer here) OR and more likely in my opinion is this is a hair brained attempt at denying any knowledge of what happened.
She should be in jail right now.
<snipped and bbm by me>

I also feel so much disgust and repulsion for this mother ... is she so ignorant that she thinks people actually believe the story she is telling of how she and boyfriend Reeder divided the childcare??? Surely, LE did not!!
She shares responsibility for the death of her little girl ... and she needs to be punished for it!! :jail:

And the neighbor who just wouldn't be involved enough to call the police when she heard the child screaming over a period of how many weeks ... out of the 10 weeks Reeder had been living there. I wonder if the thought ever crosses the mind of this neighbor ... that had she reacted to those screams ... she might have prevented the death of little Koralynn. :heartbeat:

:what: :what: :what:

A News release from Washington State Social and Health Services Department

http://www.dshs.wa.gov/mediareleases/2012/pr12024.shtml

News Release Listing
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contact: Thomas Shapley 360-902-8007, thomas.shapley@dshs.wa.gov

May 25, 2012

DSHS statement on death of Koralynn Fister

Children's Administration in the Department of Social and Health Services has no record of previous Child Protective Services history involving Koralynn Fister, the two-year-old child who died in Centralia Thursday, May 24, or of any previous allegations of child abuse or neglect against her mother, Becky Heupel or Ms. Heupel's boyfriend, who police have arrested in connection with the child's death.

Koralynn's older sister is in protective custody pending a thorough investigation of the case.

The Department of Social and Health Services notes this horrific child death as a reminder that citizens can and should report their suspicions of child abuse or neglect of a child or vulnerable adult to the Department's toll-free 1-866- ENDHARM number: 1-866-363-4276. The hotline is TTY-accessible and a person will answer your call 24 hours a day. Your call will be kept confidential.

Child safety is everyone's business. We rely on family members and members of the community to report concerns about abuse or neglect.

Well, we all know what that report means ... simply no one reported the abuse of this child, certainly not her mother. Did any other family members see or care for this child during that 10-week period and was someone else participating in the abuse?? Or, is this a case of "stranger abuse and torture" to this tiny little angel? :heartbeat:

Any thoughts on that?

I have a thought southernnana - imo, it's time to start charging the mother/father of children that have been harmed by someone the parent brought into the child's life. Especially if drugs are involved in any way - use by the parent or the new 'partner'.

The charges should be neglect, endangerment etc. The penalty should be in the form of community service - after all the community is left to cleanup after the parent in the first place - police investigations, hospital stays, on-going therapy afterwards etc. If the therapy is skipped then the violence inflicted on the child often perpetuates itself when the child becomes aggressive/violent later in life, causing more money to be spent by the community.

Have the neglectful parent serve time cleaning up in a morgue following an autopsy on a child or adult due to violence. Have them wash the bodies after the autopsy. Have them work in funeral homes. Have them clean up blood, human tissue and broken furniture in dwellings where violence has occurred. Have them clean up garbage on the highways or streets of their community as a reminder to keep the community clean and a peaceful place to enjoy.

Then have them do a monthly publicly accessible report on what they experienced as a caution to other parents who may be thinking of leaving their children with a person they just met and know nothing about. Communication is a powerful tool, imo.

I have a thought southernnana - imo, it's time to start charging the mother/father of children that have been harmed by someone the parent brought into the child's life. Especially if drugs are involved in any way - use by the parent or the new 'partner'.

The charges should be neglect, endangerment etc. The penalty should be in the form of community service - after all the community is left to cleanup after the parent in the first place - police investigations, hospital stays, on-going therapy afterwards etc. If the therapy is skipped then the violence inflicted on the child often perpetuates itself when the child becomes aggressive/violent later in life, causing more money to be spent by the community.G

Have the neglectful parent serve time cleaning up in a morgue following an autopsy on a child or adult due to violence. Have them wash the bodies after the autopsy. Have them work in funeral homes. Have them clean up blood, human tissue and broken furniture in dwellings where violence has occurred. Have them clean up garbage on the highways or streets of their community as a reminder to keep the community clean and a peaceful place to enjoy.

Then have them do a monthly publicly accessible report on what they experienced as a caution to other parents who may be thinking of leaving their children with a person they just met and know nothing about. Communication is a powerful tool, imo.

Thank you button wasn't enough.

These negligent parents need to be charged, convicted and yes made to make restitution to the community. Sitting on their arse with three hots and a cot is not a deterent.

Where were the grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, friends of this girls mom and boyfriend? I can't believe not one person thought this arrangement was strange and screams sexual abuse. This guy picked the child he wanted to be alone with, the youngest girl which required the most care and that didn't send red flags for the mother? I find it impossible that the child didn't cry to her mother about the injurys she suffered and the mother never once checked the childs body. This little girl had pieces of flesh gone!! Are you kidding me! IMO the mother looked the other way because this guy was supplying her drugs. Death penalty for BOTH. IMOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back