LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a documentary crime TV show last night about a girl who was deliberately hit while riding her bike many years ago in Hawaii. There were 3 guys in a car, all on drugs, and they left the bike there but took the girl who was injured, a few miles down a remote road where she was raped and killed.
They had been watching her for a while when she was stopped and looking at the scenery and when then saw her again later, one of them told the driver to hit her.

It's so crazy! For a few minutes of excitement they destroy someones life and their own lives too.

ETA: LE found out the size of the vehicle that hit her by measuring the bent area of her wheel and comparing it to the height of the bumper on a car. They knew it wasn't a truck by the measurement.

I've seen the maps that show Mickey's locations on video. Is there a map that marks her "last seen" and where the bike was found?

I'm wondering if LE "knows" the white truck was involved and has it on video later with no bike in the back (and maybe earlier with the bike in it)... and that's why they know the bike was dumped that night.

edit: just found MSM that says the bike was found 27 miles away...

here is something else... and is opinion and pure racial profiling... if anything was witnessed by a black/hispanic person, they will not come forward with it as they generally do not trust, work with or help "the man"... there is a better chance of a civilian getting this info if any info is to be gotten on this subject...

But there is the $25k. A.C.I. is a PI and already said that he's seen people scrambling around for info.

Perp may have intentionally damaged the bike to make it look as if it were hit by a vehicle, leading police to look for this evidence. But, I still lean more sternly toward a repeat DUI driving without light that hit her. These repeat DUI's might be drunk, but they can also be pretty slick!

I've seen the maps that show Mickey's locations on video. Is there a map that marks her "last seen" and where the bike was found?

I'm wondering if LE "knows" the white truck was involved and has it on video later with no bike in the back (and maybe earlier with the bike in it)... and that's why they know the bike was dumped that night.

edit: just found MSM that says the bike was found 27 miles away...

Both are here.

http://goo.gl/maps/HwWn

i wish i had more time to contribute, but i find myself pages behind whenever i do, and it is hard to keep up... i'm sure i have missed questions asked that i can answer.
to all that say there should be more pics....
yes... they have more images than they show us and "we" wont always get the clearest ones... this is for many reasons... one being "we" are not suppose to have enough info to put it all together... we are just meant to call in the tips "they are asking for"... also do not forget misdirection... as this is an open investigation and "they" are trying to catch a bad guy(s) and need to keep themselves steps ahead of us... remember, the internet makes a lot of info available to "everybody"... not just those trying to help.

i have tried o keep my theories to myself an stick to to the facts, only contributing when i feel my area of expertise can be of help...

here is "something".... if a cyclist is hit from behind while moving... depending on the height of the bumper vs rear bike tire... the down-force should leave a small tire mark on the ground... a small one... followed by some scrape marks...

here is something else... and is opinion and pure racial profiling... if anything was witnessed by a black/hispanic person, they will not come forward with it as they generally do not trust, work with or help "the man"... there is a better chance of a civilian getting this info if any info is to be gotten on this subject...

a bent rear wheel an dislodged tire implies the perp did take the bike not a thief, but does not completely rule it out... based on gas prices... i am inclined to believe that somebody (thief) that sees a broken bike and thinks (score) is less inclined to spend the money to take it far away to dump it as appose to throwing it in a local ditch.

the anime predator theory is sound and could bring in an out of towner... it seems to me and i don't want to get in an argument with the anime fans, but anime portray's older men having their way with very young girls based on the google search i did making this theory very plausible...

do not discredit family run businesses... often they will let shady people that have nowhere to go, stay a their "shop" that they would not invite into their home... and after business hours they would have all the privacy in the world...

there may be a possible percy st connection that they have already explored... could they have missed something? the details of the parking lot shooting near by a few days after this disappearance are "odd" to say the least. what would cause a man to shoot his buddy then himself... odd (i believe both or at least one is still alive and in the hospital)... this bar closes at the same time her route would have put her in that area... has this been fully explored?

this is my advice to those that wish to help...
do not get stuck on "their" leads...
try to take your investigation somewhere else...
explore what they are not...
do not hear what they say as fact...
use YOUR brain instead of THEIRS...
think outside the box they have put you in...

peace

Excellent post!! You mention bar closing at the same time of her route. Was this the same bar she went to that night? TIA

Interesting about the bar because a caller on JVM last night brought up the fact that many of these missing cases involving women, many involve the woman at a bar at some point during the evening.

Do we have perps waiting around for women to leave bars alone? Is this a new trend for sex offenders? Sometimes even first time offenders and not necessarily registered ones. Or some who haven't been caught yet!!

I'm reading like mad trying to get caught up with all these messages so I am sorry if this has already been discussed...ANYWAY...the picture you are talking about bothers me. If you are right, and I do believe you are, she is probably talking to someone in that car parked on the other side of the road. It looks like it's just sitting there with no lights on. I wish I knew how to post the picture here to show you, but I don't have a clue how to do that. I didn't see the car until I adjusted the brightness a bit. If you would, go back to the pic and increase the brightness just a bit and I'm hoping you'll see the car I think I see.

:Welcome1:

This is they type of situation I am leaning toward that may have taken MS away. The very tight timeline from taco bell to the time MS was videotaped on her bike makes me feel as if she left in a hurry. I don't think she was finished partying that night and may have wanted to meed up with a friend/s somewhere else before closing time. Just speculating.

Couldn't have been a bar though, not enough time before closing at 2. But someone's house maybe. I just really think she was going home to sleep. I know even in my party days, if I had my little brother's graduation at 11:30 am, and I was still out around 2, I'd be thinking, "man I really need to get some sleep!"

Perp may have intentionally damaged the bike to make it look as if it were hit by a vehicle, leading police to look for this evidence. But, I still lean more sternly toward a repeat DUI driving without light that hit her. These repeat DUI's might be drunk, but they can also be pretty slick!

In your theory, where is she now? Why would he dump bike separately?

But there is the $25k. A.C.I. is a PI and already said that he's seen people scrambling around for info.

a reward would imply trust... show up to collect your reward, go to jail for not coming forward earlier or for something else... generally a minority cruising around a 2am would not want his entire life and family explored by the fbi... for any amount of money...

peace

Can anyone tell me if say there was blood on the bike, being that the bike was submerged in water--- would they be able to find the blood traces?

The tire marks definitely mean that nobody needs to sacrifice their bicycle today by throwing it off a tall structure to see how it lands, all in the name of cyber-sleuthing!

The tire treads in the case of Russell Williams were imprinted in snow, but hopefully the tire marks at Whiskey Bay can at least narrow down the tire brand and the weight and type of suspected vehicle that dumped the bicycle. If the tire marks were in the bush presumably they would have been in a 4WD, don't you think?

(You certainly wouldn't toss the good Cpl out of bed for eating crackers, would you?) :blushing:

Well, I WAS thinking of throwing my bike of the bridge into the bank of intercoastal waterway, LOL!

Seriously, I hope LE was able to get a cast of the tire tracks. I posted above that we should take weather conditions and the location of the tracks into consideration....were they under coverage of the bridge or a canopy?
Those frozen tire tracks in the Williams case were a huge stroke of luck for LE. I can ony pray LPD has such luck. Perps always make a mistake somewhere along the way, IMO.

BTW, I Love Crackers! :D

moo

wm

What?! I hate to burst your bubble but cops are people and some of them are very bad people. NOLA had a cop who was a serial killer.

Lafayette did, as well: Randy Comeaux

Not saying it should be open season for sleuthing LE, but I do think it would be wise to not turn a blind eye. JMO.

ETA: Mea culpa, he is a convicted serial rapist, not a serial killer.

Excellent post!! You mention bar closing at the same time of her route. Was this the same bar she went to that night? TIA

Interesting about the bar because a caller on JVM last night brought up the fact that many of these missing cases involving women, many involve the woman at a bar at some point during the evening.

Do we have perps waiting around for women to leave bars alone? Is this a new trend for sex offenders? Sometimes even first time offenders and not necessarily registered ones. Or some who haven't been caught yet!!

I really don't think the shooting at the bar (Shannon's) is related. It has been YEARS since I have been there, but it really does not seem like a place Mickey would go. Besides, it's way across town and it happened on Monday or Tuesday. (BTW, I am still trying to get more info on this incident if anyone has any, TIA)

a reward would imply trust... show up to collect your reward, go to jail for not coming forward earlier or for something else... generally a minority cruising around a 2am would not want his entire life and family explored by the fbi... for any amount of money...

peace

True for some, no doubt. But not all of course. I know some pretty unsavory characters, and I think they'd come forward for less cash than that. But, since whoever it is, hasn't yet, they are probably not going to willingly, and are more like the kind of person you're talking about :(

Lafayette did, as well: Randy Comeaux

Not saying it should be open season for sleuthing LE, but I do think it would be wise to not turn a blind eye. JMO.

San Diego had a CHP officer who murdered at least one young woman, by making her pull off down under an off-ramp...it happens. Bad, damaged people go into all kinds of careers...they are not always caught by the psychological tests done nowadays. Anyway it is just another theory, no pointing of fingers here.

I stayed up until 3:00am. attempting to get the correct route where Mickey was seen on cam, and finally I came up with an article that outlines both her route and the times involved. So, with some clearer thinking and reading this is her route. Also included are some alternate routes she may have taken to get to Johnson St, after she was seen on the cam at Circle K.

Police said one segment of video shows the cyclist on Versailles Boulevard, traveling toward St. John Street at 1:47 a.m. May 19. She then traveled onto St. John Street and crossed over University Avenue, continuing west on St. Landry Street, where she was captured on another video at 1:48 a.m.
http://www.theadvertiser.com/articl...34/Police-map-Mickey-s-route?odyssey=nav|head

Attachments

• mapaccordingtoarticle.jpg
    mapaccordingtoarticle.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 43

this bar... a block from her house... on congress

http://www.klfy.com/story/18607384/disturbance-at-bar-results-in-shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members