LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to commend everyone on their efforts to help find her. It is encouraging to see so many people concerned and doing the best they can to help.

THANKS TO EVERYONE!!!

Prayers that the needed answers will be coming soon to the family.

Good mornin ya'll. Yea I was thinking the same thing. Anybody have a link concerning paint transfer or is this speculation? Seems to me that paint transfer coupled with minor damage would be difficult to accomplish.

Did you notice the truck picture in that article?

I think my eyeballs just dislodged from their sockets I rolled them so hard at the sight of photo they have posted. Quality reporting.

Did you notice the truck picture in that article?

No. Do tell.
I followed the Lauren Spier case and have avoided the white truck discussion here for the most part.:waitasec:
JMO

ok, now im back on the truck pic... (i know the timeline "as we understand it" does not fit)

pic of truck has a light source underneath i cold not identify as part of the truck... maybe it is a dangling driving light and had already hit her... and he took off, only to go back to "clean up his mess"... remember... we have only one of "verified" more pics of this truck...

???

http://www.theadvertiser.com/articl...kup-driver?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

The white pickup seen on a surveillance video just after a missing UL student biked the same area has two distinguishing features: 18-inch alloy wheels and a Z71 sticker.

The article goes on to state that the local dealer says those distinguishing features are standard on the Z71....so that's no help when trying to single out this truck....at least now we know it is the full 4 door version though.

Also, ***I hate mentioning this but***I notice the picture with this article shows the picture of the truck going back. So is this the same truck or is it the truck they ruled out. I asked Cpl. Mouton to provide anything they could including more pics. I was hoping this article was the answer to my email.....

No. Do tell.
I followed the Lauren Spier case and have avoided the white truck discussion here for the most part.:waitasec:
JMO

I'm sorry, I didn't mean you, personally, WideOpen!

The truck in my avatar is supposedly the only picture we have of the truck at large. Notice its direction of travel past the Circle K. The truck in the article is a photo of the now-eliminated "other" white truck that is going the opposite direction past the Circle K.

New article from The Advertiser includes an interesting new admission:

Image in front of Circle K "and another shot of the truck that has not been released were used to definitively identify the vehicle." Wow -- sounds like that truck might indeed have shown up on either one of those cameras further down St. Landry or the LCG lot.

Hope the link works -- first time I've tried this here.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20120601/NEWS01/206010332/Police-continue-search-white-pickup-driver?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Ctext%7CFRONTPAGE&nclick_check=1

Seriously! The wrong darn picture!!!!

if anyone just saw my truck post please disregard

(nurse stalks off for more coffee)

sheesh

AndiLA, i believe it was 1994, i can double check my docs for exact date, that the last mobile phone was manufactured that did not have tracking capability when powered on or off (as long as the battery is not completely dead). regardless, it is a non issue since 99% of mobile phones now are digital, either GSM/CDMA/IDEN and a few straggling TDMA's. especially with the GPRS system being put into place sometime around 1999 there is no need to 'ping' a device. your phone constantly registers with the nearest tower, even when it is not turned on, this is why you can just pull it out of your pocket and start dialing. also if you will notice on your phone, it uses the towers to keep the correct time, etc. it is IMPORTANT that investigators look into TOWER logs, not CALL logs. the tower logs can show everywhere you have been since you have had mobile service, it updates every few seconds. sorry for the long explaination, i know its not totally related to the thread, but if you are interested in mobile networks, etc let me know I have tons of docs and we have a whole community of people who are always willing to share knowledge.

the most important issue related to the search is that ALL phones do this. so if the perp was carrying a phone, the logs will somewhat match that of Mickey's phone. keep in mind, because of the size of lafayette, i am sure upto 50 maybe more other phones may slightly match that of Mickey's but having 50 people to talk to in the hopes of maybe getting a lead is better than 0 people to talk to and no chance of getting a lead.

it is just a suggestion

I thought it was weird when I read something saying they couldn't ping the phone. This is a link that says what I remember reading:

http://kpel965.com/latest-information-search-for-mickey-shunick-continues/

Craft also said they have picked up several items of potential evidence, but so far, none of those seems to be connected to the case. He also confirmed that her cell phone was turned off and that police are not able to get any information about her location using that avenue.

“It’s the type of cell phone that, when you cut it off, you can’t ping it,” Craft said.

"That's a common truck," said Blake Chachere, sales manager with Musson Patout in New Iberia. Chachere said that the Chevy Z71 is popular not only with individuals but businesses as well. The distinctive 18-inch alloy wheels and the Z71 sticker are standard features in that particular design package, Chachere said.

The truck has the Z71 emblem on the rear and a tailgate, but no bed cover, he said.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/articl...kup-driver?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Holy *****! This is the guy that someone at GLP posted about about three nights ago! He gave a link to an article about a fatal car wreck caused by this guy, for which he got a DUI.

http://www.theind.com/news/10633

Two quick observations: he is NOT called a person of interest by LE or the reporter.

He got in trouble for the accident because he left the scene, right? Officials state that the driver of the other vehicle (the man who died) actually turned into the pathway of the then seventeen year old. And they could not prove Rocky had been drinking.

AndiLA, i believe it was 1994, i can double check my docs for exact date, that the last mobile phone was manufactured that did not have tracking capability when powered on or off (as long as the battery is not completely dead). regardless, it is a non issue since 99% of mobile phones now are digital, either GSM/CDMA/IDEN and a few straggling TDMA's. especially with the GPRS system being put into place sometime around 1999 there is no need to 'ping' a device. your phone constantly registers with the nearest tower, even when it is not turned on, this is why you can just pull it out of your pocket and start dialing. also if you will notice on your phone, it uses the towers to keep the correct time, etc. it is IMPORTANT that investigators look into TOWER logs, not CALL logs. the tower logs can show everywhere you have been since you have had mobile service, it updates every few seconds. sorry for the long explaination, i know its not totally related to the thread, but if you are interested in mobile networks, etc let me know I have tons of docs and we have a whole community of people who are always willing to share knowledge.

the most important issue related to the search is that ALL phones do this. so if the perp was carrying a phone, the logs will somewhat match that of Mickey's phone. keep in mind, because of the size of lafayette, i am sure upto 50 maybe more other phones may slightly match that of Mickey's but having 50 people to talk to in the hopes of maybe getting a lead is better than 0 people to talk to and no chance of getting a lead.

it is just a suggestion
But a smart perp would have left his/her phone somewhere else at some point (assuming they even have a cell phone...some people don't).

We've run into this while trying to sleuth Kyron Horman's case and countless others. In that one, many theories included TH putting her phone in a friend's vehicle for it to go on "a ride" while she went somewhere else. Still no arrest(s) in his case.

Btw, that's Kyron and his mom Desiree in my avie. :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member