5-9-12 Steven Powell Trial *GUILTY!!!* 6-15-12 SENTENCING HEARING

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sick. I just hope they find something else to charge him with so they can just keep tacking on years. I would think they better keep him in solitary, I have heard the boys behind bars don't like pedo's.

I refuse to say anything about that video for two reasons:
1. Not giving her(their) propaganda any more legs and
2. If I say anything more I will get banned, so I choose to take my power back from these awful people and use my voice in the form of silence.
These monsters need to be stopped forever. So 10 years is not long enough. Perhaps the sentences need to be longer than the most optimistic possible lifespan of the perp. (so sentence should be life without parole, duh)

WTH is wrong with our justice system?

I wish that I could wipe my memory clear of all the news videos I viewed of JP and SP...

The good thing is that Susan and her boys are together...the bad thing is that Susan's parents and other family and friends are left to grieve them and somehow process the horrific reality of what happened. And they are still having to deal with SP and AP...

Bless both of them to finally someday have a conscience and and make a choice to turn towards The Light.

Ew....
I clicked on the link by accident, expecting to see Ben Winslow tweets...

The police knew that Josh's children were the most important thing in the world to him, and that victimizing them would be horrifying to Josh

So that's why he chopped at them with a hatchet and set them on fire. Because he didn't want them to be victimized...
:waitasec::waitasec::waitasec:

This family has a very bizarre mindset to come up with this kind of thinking.

Ew....
I clicked on the link by accident, expecting to see Ben Winslow tweets...

So that's why he chopped at them with a hatchet and set them on fire. Because he didn't want them to be victimized...
:waitasec::waitasec::waitasec:

This family has a very bizarre mindset to come up with this kind of thinking.

She omitted a few words.
Josh would be horrified by his children being victimized by someone not named Powell. She probably thought it went without saying. Victimization at the hands of a Powell is always expected and justifiable.

I watched that video (YouTube by "ALINA") and it is so chock full of lies, innuendo, omissions, distorted facts and watered down references to the MURDER of her nephews that I could hardly get through the entire 9+ minutes. She is either in DEEP denial or in deep in the disappearance or knowledge of the disappearance of Susan Powell. IMO.

Like, the OP, I too have seen that look in the eyes of someone who had their hand wrapped around the throat of another. It is shark-like...dead eyes...a murderous look. She needs long term help.

I watched that video (YouTube by "ALINA") and it is so chock full of lies, innuendo, omissions, distorted facts and watered down references to the MURDER of her nephews that I could hardly get through the entire 9+ minutes. She is either in DEEP denial or in deep in the disappearance or knowledge of the disappearance of Susan Powell. IMO.

Like, the OP, I too have seen that look in the eyes of someone who had their hand wrapped around the throat of another. It is shark-like...dead eyes...a murderous look. She needs long term help.

I think my blood pressure would go so high that I'd drop dead while watching it. There's no way I'm going to watch that thing.

Amen to what Steely said. I could not bring myself to watch anyone in the Powell family at this point.

I finally did watch the YouTube video. The poor girl. After hearing Alina's sad, pathetic, and twisted perspective of the sickness on which she was raised, I can only pity her. She probably has very little chance of ever being "normal" and walking in this world as a self-sufficient person without blaming anyone and everyone but herself for her own choices. It is clear from this video that she has been terribly warped by her father and environment. I'm actually quite saddened by this and feel very very sorry for her.

That said, I will add that her "logic and reasoning" ability are pathetically juvenile, bordering on mental incapacity for her chronological age. A five year old could reason better than that.

IMO.

ETA: since she refuses to call Charlie and Braden's grandparents "grandparents" and will only refer to them as "caretakers", and since she believes the kids should have been removed from the grandparents' care for a small accidental injury, I will take the liberty of saying that, using HER OWN logic, it's too bad she was not removed from HER caretaker's care for some minor accidental injury in her own childhood when she might have had the chance of a normal, well-adjusted future. - -Again, poor thing.

Amen to what Steely said. I could not bring myself to watch anyone in the Powell family at this point.

I sure understand completely, but just so you know, the YouTube video I just watched does not show Alina at all, only the sound of her voice.

I sure understand completely, but just so you know, the YouTube video I just watched does not show Alina at all, only the sound of her voice.

Thank you for the warning, but at this point I do not want to actually hear anything more from any of the Powell family either.

Guess I can manage reading links, but not watching or listening. They really, really upset me.

I finally did watch the YouTube video. The poor girl. After hearing Alina's sad, pathetic, and twisted perspective of the sickness on which she was raised, I can only pity her. She probably has very little chance of ever being "normal" and walking in this world as a self-sufficient person without blaming anyone and everyone but herself for her own choices. It is clear from this video that she has been terribly warped by her father and environment. I'm actually quite saddened by this and feel very very sorry for her.

That said, I will add that her "logic and reasoning" ability are pathetically juvenile, bordering on mental incapacity for her chronological age. A five year old could reason better than that.

IMO.

ETA: since she refuses to call Charlie and Braden's grandparents "grandparents" and will only refer to them as "caretakers", and since she believes the kids should have been removed from the grandparents' care for a small accidental injury, I will take the liberty of saying that, using HER OWN logic, it's too bad she was not removed from HER caretaker's care for some minor accidental injury in her own childhood when she might have had the chance of a normal, well-adjusted future. - -Again, poor thing.

I think it would be a train wreck on so many levels. I don't even want to go to level one.

I've seen something so evil with the P family, I never want to see it again. Can't watch the daughter's video. I saw her eyes in court when SP was convicted. Scary. I'm not usually scared of stuff like people who aren't in my immediate surroudings but those looks in the eyes of JP & sister captured by photographers, something says it's pretty deep & possibly historical within the family? I doubt SP could change. jmo

Experts, can the sister be helped? I would hope so. Is it Stockholm syndrome or something? thx

For those who missed the documentary on E!, it will air again at 8am this morning, 6-2.

I highly recommend watching as Laura Ling made a thorough and tasteful presentment.
Susan was such a beautiful spirit and there is lot's of video footage that's new to me....
1st time tour of the house in WVC and video of susan speaking at the end,etc. Susan's family and friends were interviewed. Even the lady at the comfort inn was interviewed.

LL told the story from beginning to end, right up to the perv, SP's, trial and the web page set up by Alina.

Oh and the male atty for the Cox's described Josh's eyes the best, IMO....charcoal.

Thank you to Susan's family and friends for agreeing to be interviewed for the documentary, I know it couldn't have been easy. Blessings to you all.

moo

wm

http://www.eonline.com/shows/schedule

For those who missed the documentary on E!, it will air again at 8am this morning, 6-2.

I highly recommend watching as Laura Ling made a thorough and tasteful presentment.
Susan was such a beautiful spirit and there is lot's of video footage that's new to me....
1st time tour of the house in WVC and video of susan speaking at the end,etc. Susan's family and friends were interviewed. Even the lady at the comfort inn was interviewed.

LL told the story from beginning to end, right up to the perv, SP's, trial and the web page set up by Alina.

Oh and the male atty for the Cox's described Josh's eyes the best, IMO....charcoal.

Thank you to Susan's family and friends for agreeing to be interviewed for the documentary, I know it couldn't have been easy. Blessings to you all.

moo

wm

http://www.eonline.com/shows/schedule

I'm glad I woke up early this morning. I have it set to record.

Great Steely! I look forward to your thoughts. It gave me a thought on how to find Susan. The lady at the comfort inn seems positive that she saw JP and the boys that MOnday morning. Where had they been in that area? I guess that subject is for the 'help find Susan' thread tho.

wm

I found it is running again Monday Morning in my area ---- set to record based on your high recommendation.

Between Caylee's case and Susan's case, I don't know which took a bigger bite out of my soul. I do hope the saying, "time heals all wounds" is true for all those touched by these cases.

I found it is running again Monday Morning in my area ---- set to record based on your high recommendation.

Between Caylee's case and Susan's case, I don't know which took a bigger bite out of my soul. I do hope the saying, "time heals all wounds" is true for all those touched by these cases.

Hello friend! I cannot lie to you, have some tissue handy. However, Susan's family and friends opened their hearts and souls with us and I thank them for that. They have had to remain quiet for so long now, hopefully speaking out will help in their healing process.

Yet amid the tears there is also joy. There are some precious videos of Susan, Charlie and Braden that the Cox's (and perhaps others) shared with us.

I thought about opening a thread for this discussion if there is enough interest. Perhaps one of our super mods can intervene and make that decision for us. ;)

moo

wm

https://linxonline.co.pierce.wa.us/linxweb/Case/CriminalCase.cfm?cause_num=11-1-03893-1 (If that link doesn't work, you can search https://linxonline.co.pierce.wa.us/linxweb/Search.cfm for cause number 11-1-03893-1)

Two sentencing documents have been posted with Pierce County Superior Court regarding Steven Craig Powell's 14-count voyerism conviction.

Memorandum re Sentencing [6/4/12], filed by the prosecution

Motions on Sentencing [6/7/12], filed by the defense

In brief, the prosecution requests a 120 month sentence for Powell with 36 months of community supervision upon release. The prosecution asks that although Powell entered the criminal justice system with no prior history of conviction and an offender score of 0, that the frequency of his charged crimes should significantly impact his offender score, and requests a score of 39.

The defense requests that all but two of the voyerism charges be dismissed (one for each victim) on the grounds of double-jeopardy and asks for an offender score of 3.

These documents are public and are available for purchase, although they may be posted via media outlets as previous court and police documents have been.

Sentencing is scheduled for 6/15/12 with Judge Ronald E Culpepper

I updated the case archive with pros documents, but does anyone have a direct link to the 6/7 defense docs?

Steven Powell section of Susan Cox Powell archive:
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Susan%20Cox%20Powell%20%20-UT-/Steve%20Powell-%20Crimes-%20Punishment-%20WebRants-%20Susan/

This case has a LOT of archive sections just because it is so lengthy and covers so many aspects. The parts that made the most sense to send to a certain section is what I did. So look at the main archive for some stuff, the murder section for other stuff. There's a section for the search files, and one for memorials, lawsuits, tributes, vigils, etc. Just a lot of info.

Main archive link (from there, so to archive list at right side of the page):
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Susan Cox Powell -UT-/

Steve Powell sentencing: He could be free Friday or in a decade

If things go well — very well — Powell could leave the courthouse in Tacoma, Wash., and be free in time for a seafood dinner that night at one of the restaurants overlooking Puget Sound.

If the prosecutor and the mother of the girls Powell filmed have their way, Powell will be eating in a prison cafeteria until about 2021.

That’s the range of possibilities for Powell, who last month was convicted in Pierce County Superior Court of 14 felony counts of voyeurism. His sentence could land somewhere in the middle. Washington sentencing guidelines could put Powell’s sentence at 43-57 months in prison.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/54297809-78/powell-steve-sentencing-friday.html.csp

It will be streamed live:

Powell’s sentencing hearing is set for 2:30 p.m. MST on Friday. Watch a live stream of the hearing. > sltrib.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member