LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might take a number of trials, but you might also be able to figure approximately where the boat would have dumped the bike for it to end up where it did. Then you could ask the locals if anyone saw a boat at that location. If so, when?

That's EXACTLY my point.

Did you see my projected drop point (completely seat of the pants, but just for illustration)?

Pilot_Channel_3.jpg

I cant see them taking the bike in a boat!
Why?
When all ya have to do is toss it off a bridge!

JMO

Chicken Fried, please don't include the camera on University catching the pic of the obsolete white truck near the cemetery...nor the same with Olds. (That have been ruled out) It will only start the confusion of the trucks again, IMO. Tho...I'm not so sure it won't happen again with just the map.

Whether the bike was dropped by boat on from the land is moot in my thinking. If there is white paint on the bike, it puts more verification on the white truck theory and the pics released by LE. How can you link a boat to the bike? You can't unless you find the person first. IMO,JMO, etc.

I agree with you on the University cam, but I think the Olds cam should be included.

I, for one, didn't see any bad intent. You were trying to pass on something you heard... the problem is more with the people who immediately took it as established fact and ran with it and ignored three sourced sources who said there are no cameras at the funeral home.

That said, Lafayette is weird, and your rumor being right - and somehow it being an internal camera at the funeral home, may explain it.

So don't feel bad... we're all trying.

Hey A.C.I. - did you see/ask the funeral director if there were internal cameras pointed toward the street thorugh a window or door? Are you saying that the FH has NO cameras, inside or out

Right. They said they have no cameras at all, but wished they did and couldve been of help by catching something.

Has anyone thought to look on the road where the last video capture of MS and the truck are? If the bike was hit by the truck, there may be some damage or scarring on the road from the bike scraping the pavement. I would go look, but I am not in the area. Maybe when ACI or ChickenFried goes up there they can look?

By the way, my map above of Whiskey Bay was made before the reporter confirmed the location. The bike ended up a little farther downstream, directly under the bridge. i need to redo it.

In order to believe that is Mickey under the truck, we would have to believe that our local LE, assisted by FBI, is either too stupid to have noticed a truck running over Mickey on the video, OR LE is so corrupt, they would not let her family know Mickey had been badly injured or killed.

It doesn't pass the sniff test, people. Have you ever run over anything? Like a branch? It makes a lot of noise as you drag it along the road!! We would have to believe this truck dragged Mickey along while the patrons of Circle K noticed NOTHING, that he left NO EVIDENCE of bike parts or blood on the road, that he then calmly, what? Drove off of her and loaded her up at a very, very busy intersection? And nobody noticed him loading up a dead or injured girl? AND her bike? AND all the pieces?

That is not Mickey under the truck! The road has a "hump" right there, there are words printed in reflective white paint right under the truck, and I believe that is what certain posters are seeing (and mis-seeing.)

I believe Wodalo means well, but I believe he is wrong in this case.

I have to tell y'all, I had come to expect more from my fellow posters.

I agree.

These threads are very confusing. I wish members would include links or pics when they make a comment. I always try to back up my comments with links.

Many pics posted as .jpg simply are not visible. Perhaps ask a Mod how to embed a pic for more clarity.

I have read the timeline and maps to gain more clarity, but much on these long threads are muddled and confusing. Much is hearsay with no backup. Thanks.

I cant see them taking the bike in a boat!
Why?
When all ya have to do is toss it off a bridge!

JMO

If it were a local, who took the bike AND the body out at the same time in a boat, that would be the #1 best way to permanently dispose of the evidence. Less risky than stopping on the bridge or digging a hole or dragging a heavy object through the swamp.

If the bike could have floated, then the bike and everything else could have been dumped upstream of the bridge, and they need to check the bottom.

The heavier the weights, the more likely something could be found, ironically.

By the way, my map above of Whiskey Bay was made before the reporter confirmed the location. The bike ended up a little farther downstream, directly under the bridge. i need to redo it.

These threads are moving so fast, I may have missed something.

I thought LE made a statement that the bike was driven down the exit and put into the water....I know before that we were speculating that it could have been driven or thrown from the bridge. Are we now thinking that in spite of the LE comment, it was possibly thrown?

I'm sorry everyone. I've been following and reading for a few days and thought this was a place for discussion and piecing together. I don't have any bad intent or desire to draw attention to myself. I'm just a concerned member of the community and someone praying for this poor girl to get home to her mom. You're right, I'm sure everyone has information that they've heard and maybe it was irresponsible for me to post that here. I'll go back to reading and praying and leave the crime solving to the professionals.

Please don't take offense at my post. :truce:It was not directed at you in any way if you took it that way forgive me please. It is just I have seen rumors and hear say in other cases without anything to back it up. Take off like wildfire in here. It is like the old game of I got a secret. Where someone tells someone the sky is blue. But time the 35 person hears it the sky is blue with pigs flying in it.
Please stay your input is helpful.
We all have one goal and that is FIND MICKEY

I have spent many years taking care of those hit or run over by vehicles and I can assure you there would be lots of evidence left behind at the scene. Blood is not easily deleted.

Agreed Galbug. As a AFD ff for 25 yr, the scene of a vehicle vs pedestrian/bicyclist accident is very graphic, specifically if the victim ends up under the vehicle and dragged.

Irony:
Bicycling safety advocate hit by teen driver, who is to be cited under new statute.
http://articles.mcall.com/2012-04-0...04_1_fahy-bridge-bethlehem-driver-teen-driver

If it were a local, who took the bike AND the body out at the same time in a boat, that would be the #1 best way to permanently dispose of the evidence. Less risky than stopping on the bridge or digging a hole or dragging a heavy object through the swamp.

If the bike could have floated, then the bike and everything else could have been dumped upstream of the bridge, and they need to check the bottom.

If I were on a boat disposing of that bike, I'd make sure it would not float (puncture tires) AND I'd dump the bike far, far from a boat landing.....I'd head out to a deep, wild area. You are absolutely correct in that using a boat to dispose of evidence is probably the best, easiest way to go around here: the basin area is so wild and overgrown in places that things could conceivably disappear forever.

We have so many people with boats over here---Sportsmans Paradise and all!---and most of them would be familiar with our local waterways. I just think it would be a no-brainer to dump the bike where it could not end up near a dock.

Has anyone thought to look on the road where the last video capture of MS and the truck are? If the bike was hit by the truck, there may be some damage or scarring on the road from the bike scraping the pavement. I would go look, but I am not in the area. Maybe when ACI or ChickenFried goes up there they can look?

Maybe some curly blonde hair, in the area, along the edges of buildings or street signs. Maybe in a street drain if there is one near by.

No offense to anyone at all, but I would be on my hands and knees looking for anything in the area where my child was last seen!

I'm sorry everyone. I've been following and reading for a few days and thought this was a place for discussion and piecing together. I don't have any bad intent or desire to draw attention to myself. I'm just a concerned member of the community and someone praying for this poor girl to get home to her mom. You're right, I'm sure everyone has information that they've heard and maybe it was irresponsible for me to post that here. I'll go back to reading and praying and leave the crime solving to the professionals.

Your input is as important as everyone else's. I encourage you to join in and I welcome your input.

See that to me takes way to much planning!
Why risk it? lugging the bike around and Mickey? Nawwww!
They tossed the bike and they tossed Mickey LE has to find out where.

We can sit and talk about the white truck till we are blue in the face.
None of it matters until they find said truck!

Wht if it has nothing at all to do with it?

I do not think she was run over!
I think maybe she stopped and someone grabbed her! Poof gone!

I do not think its as complicated as some may think! JMO

I would imagine if someone tried to stop or grab MS, she would have screamed bloody murder and someone would have heard something.

These threads are moving so fast, I may have missed something.

I thought LE made a statement that the bike was driven down the exit and put into the water....I know before that we were speculating that it could have been driven or thrown from the bridge. Are we now thinking that in spite of the LE comment, it was possibly thrown?

I reference the statement from the reporter I posted on Pg. 27:

I was back out there yesterday and got a better look. It's a good 15- to 20-foot
dropoff from the land to where the water is -- very steep and very rocky. It
makes it easier to see why police are not 100 percent sure whether the damage to
the bike came from a hit-and-run or something else. Just my personal opinion,
but it definitely looks possible that a bicycle could get damaged if someone
threw it in that terrain and that distance. But I don't have any other
information or details, that's just a personal observation.

The only thing that Cpl. Mouton said was that they did not think it had been thrown off the bridge. They did not rule out that it was placed there from the water.

I don't think it would have been. if you had a boat, why on earth would you dump it right under the bridge, where it would have a chance of being found?

And if you had a boat and dumped it upstream but it stayed suspended in the water column for long enough to wash up on the bank (like the Titanic moved a couple miles underwater before it hit bottom), then it's a heck of a coincidence that it ended up there. BUT sometimes coincidences DO happen. If the goal of the boater was to get all the evidence in the WB Pilot Channel so as to dispose of it forever, he would have had to launch from upstream (I will have to check, but I don't think there are any downstream launches that are realistically feasible), but pass all the little camps on the left bank so he wouldn't get seen, but not approach the bridge closely enough to be seen dumping something large overboard.

Just those restrictive factors - by complete coincidence, make it within the realm of possibility that the bike stayed above the bottom long enough to make it to where it did - coincidentally under the interstate (maybe there are underwater protrusions from the construction of the bridge that catch things, and maybe it's not such a big coincidence as it looks).

And then when the water receding, it was found. I saw someone post a day or two ago that the water level fell between the disappearance and the bike discovery.

This is something to check out.

I think the "floating-bike" theory needs to be checked out by LE, combined with the known water levels, and underwater obstruction, to rule it in or out.

In order to believe that is Mickey under the truck, we would have to believe that our local LE, assisted by FBI, is either too stupid to have noticed a truck running over Mickey on the video, OR LE is so corrupt, they would not let her family know Mickey had been badly injured or killed.

It doesn't pass the sniff test, people. Have you ever run over anything? Like a branch? It makes a lot of noise as you drag it along the road!! We would have to believe this truck dragged Mickey along while the patrons of Circle K noticed NOTHING, that he left NO EVIDENCE of bike parts or blood on the road, that he then calmly, what? Drove off of her and loaded her up at a very, very busy intersection? And nobody noticed him loading up a dead or injured girl? AND her bike? AND all the pieces?

That is not Mickey under the truck! The road has a "hump" right there, there are words printed in reflective white paint right under the truck, and I believe that is what certain posters are seeing (and mis-seeing.)

I believe Wodalo means well, but I believe he is wrong in this case.

Personally, I don't believe it is Mickey under the truck. But since Wodalo enhanced the images and believes it is her, I would like his opinion now that he's seen the road repairs that are in the same area. I would also like to see the inhanced images for myself and make my own opinion.

Edit: if you are convinced it's not her, then feel free to skip over my post and waldolo's additional pictures, if he chooses to provide them. Use your ignore feature if it suits you, but I will continue to ask questions that I think are reasonable, and I hope others do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member